Sign in to follow this  
Tharsheblows

Does anyone bareboat charter a Formosa or similarly Interesting Sailboat?

I am looking to charter an interesting sailboat such as a Formosa.  Anywhere in the world.  The more exotic the better.  Perhaps a classic style boat like the one in this picture.  Does anyone know where I can do this?  Any information?  Ideas?

IMG_5301.JPG

You might find a CT54 for charter in the BVI's. I chartered one for two week there years ago with my family. We had a great time. We walked down the dock and when I pointed the boat out to my boys they loved it, "It's just like a Pirate ship Dad!".

27825075937_1e260c2d00_b.jpgCt  54 rent by robert perry, on Flickr

If you like the look of Friendship Rose (schooner in your picture) you could probably just chatter them out of Bequia; although I think they mostly do day charters.  Jambalaya is Carriacou built schooner that does crewed charters in the Caribbean as well, and is a bit more reasonably sized - think she’s something like 55’?  Are you looking for a bareboat?

On 6/9/2018 at 8:27 AM, Bob Perry said:

You might find a CT54 for charter in the BVI's. I chartered one for two week there years ago with my family. We had a great time. We walked down the dock and when I pointed the boat out to my boys they loved it, "It's just like a Pirate ship Dad!".

27825075937_1e260c2d00_b.jpgCt  54 rent by robert perry, on Flickr

I love it!  Did you charter it bareboat?  Do you have any contact information for that boat?

On 6/10/2018 at 9:30 PM, hdra said:

If you like the look of Friendship Rose (schooner in your picture) you could probably just chatter them out of Bequia; although I think they mostly do day charters.  Jambalaya is Carriacou built schooner that does crewed charters in the Caribbean as well, and is a bit more reasonably sized - think she’s something like 55’?  Are you looking for a bareboat?

I would prefer bareboat but Im open to options!