OutofOffice

Just another complaint about Mr. Clean

Come on brother, its been 6 months since the last episode of SA podcast. Slacker...

You didn't exactly leave it off with the most exciting of interviews. Real jobs be damned, we demand the owed 6 episodes!

• Like 2

clean isn't doing much day to day stuff with us these days. he's busy on a path outside the industry.

23 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Hire me then. I can do it.

Well look at that. We found another shmuck to do it. I hear the pay's crap though...

And yes, Clean's debt of 6 episodes will transfer to the poor SOB that volunteers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Didn't Clean run off with Jennifer A?

shortly after their get together, neither has been heard from   

Plesae stop, Mer mitte rellize hese gone.....      :)

15 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

You reading Scuttlebutt again? That’s the kind of low grade tabloid shit they’d print.

5 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

I'm sure she would be drooling over getting half of his 'estate' 

He made a killing from selling his spot on the FT 10 waiting list, didn't he?

5 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

I'm sure she would be drooling over getting half of his 'estate' 

I dointe no, what cane oune do withe hafte pickem up truck?

3 hours ago, Editor said:

clean isn't doing much day to day stuff with us these days. he's busy on a path outside the industry.

You mean he's Outside the Environment?

• Like 2

He tapped into the Yuge cardboard derivative market?

Well done Clean, well done!

11 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

No, no. He’s beyond the environment. He’s not in an environment. There’s nothing out there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Editor said:

Come on folks. Give Clean a break. Being a SA correspondent may be fun but it probably doesn't pay a lot of bills.  He has a family that does things like eat and need a roof over their heads and he is trying to support them. 

If one of you wants to start a sailing podcast, feel free. Travel around to sailing venues on your own dime. Spend hours researching and interviewing people. Spend days editing the podcasts. Then, I promise to listen as long as the conversations are good, the topics interest me and it is free. That will pay your bills well, won't it?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Come on folks. Give Clean a break. Being a SA correspondent may be fun but it probably doesn't pay a lot of bills.  He has a family that does things like eat and need a roof over their heads and he is trying to support them. 

If one of you wants to start a sailing podcast, feel free. Travel around to sailing venues on your own dime. Spend hours researching and interviewing people. Spend days editing the podcasts. Then, I promise to listen as long as the conversations are good, the topics interest me and it is free. That will pay your bills well, won't it?

I just want to b!tch about it...not actually solve anything.

We all have commitments that hold priority. I hope he does well, makes a ton of money, buys a sweet ride and comes whoopin' up on all of us.

After I get my 6 episodes...

1 hour ago, Rum Runner said:

He did a lot of interesting and often good work here.  Some not so interesting and not so good but no one bats 1.000.

All that said, poking fun at him and some of the truly foolish things he does is part of the fun around here.  He is usually very good natured about it as long as the miscreants who frequent this place stay on the right side of the line.

We miss you CLEAN (even if it is just for the opportunity to say that you are acting like a douche!)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I dointe no, what cane oune do withe hafte pickem up truck?

This...

D7855D46-1D09-4B79-A5B6-BA55A95213EC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, TomTraubert said:

...as long as the miscreants who frequent this place stay on the right side of the line.

Are you saying we’re miscreants? How dare you good sir.

Hopefully he’ll find some free time and still manage to share some of his humor and input every once in a while.

”Let’s introduce a little anarchy” has become my new “Hold my beer”

1 hour ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Mr Clean may be gone, but we will always have the 2010 A Cat Coconut Grove Invitational archived in OnThe Water Anarchy.   So we got that going for us. 

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/forum/59-2010-a-cat-coconut-grove-invitational/

yah,,, we all get our keepsakes   :rolleyes:

•  

MR.CLEAN   MR.CLEAN  82

Started conversation: October 16, 2017

POSTING DEFAMATION

Rules have changed here and in this day and age of shitposters and information warfare, we're not taking any bullshit from any forum member, especially not about our trustworthiness or credibility and certainly not from some asshole.

In other words, post anything suggesting that our editorial process is somehow for sale, and you are banned for good, and we'll keep knocking down any new sock puppet immediately until you get tired of it.  I don't give a fuck what you think, but you will keep it to yourself if you want to post on or even see sailing anarchy.

Will you abide?

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

This...

D7855D46-1D09-4B79-A5B6-BA55A95213EC.jpeg

Where is that pic taken from?  If I'm not mistaken, that's a Toledo scale between the doors?  Was a time when nearly every store in America had one for weighing produce and other commodities.  I know a local woman who was an heiress to that family, and she was on a "fixed income", as in Fixed Pretty Good!!! LOL! 

Here you go Billy.

We had Tater’s store around the way in Philly. He had one and he always said that German butchers didn’t need one to weigh their cuts. I believed him. He was not German and he was honest. 

8717D9CF-763E-43A5-8CAF-14DE7305A26E.jpeg

Alan talked a lot of shit from his high horse about those of us that have actual, you know, jobs.    Now, why was Alan not able to monetize his gig to the point of being able to back up all the shit he spewed about regular working folk?

On 6/11/2018 at 12:05 PM, fastyacht said:

Hire me then. I can do it.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:21 PM, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Go get yer own sponsors to pay your way and then probably pay Scot something too.

In the early days of OTWA, I would be up until 3 or 4 am working with Clean, depending on where he was. We did some live shit in the early days which is much easier now.
In the last real Mono AC in Valencia, I was told I would get a 1k paycheck.....................never happened.
Now clean is gone and me too. You got a whole new crew at SA, until they get tired of the no pay for tons of work.

So getting a ding for supplying a steady stream of content is probably out of the question?

Woody's gonna be bummed!

Clean was a lot of things, from really cool to boorish at times, which most of us can be. I met him at the Volvo stopover in 2015-16? in Miami. He was going to hook me up with a spot on an RC boat and help with his livestream, etc. Boat owner brought some extra friends so no room. He gets with the guy who was in charge of the race village, moving it and setting up at the stopovers. He is going to see about a ride on one the small ribs. Comes back, sorry, no room on a rib but if it is OK we can get you a spot on the Volvo VIP boat. Well, I was a touch disappointed not to get on a wet rib but the VIP boat was OK. It was full of British top sales reps who got the free trip for their work, treated me like I was a special guest, free food and full bar all day.

So, he's OK in my book.

• Like 4

Met him, once. Head and shoulders up himself. Not missing him.

On 6/12/2018 at 3:56 PM, Meat Wad said:

. You got a whole new crew at SA, until they get tired of the no pay for tons of work.

Na must be Good Pay and Happy working conditions

or people would stick around and bitch about all the hard work they did w/o thanks & endlessly reminding us they are gone :wacko:

on average 5 times a day, only lack of interwebz preventing :o

Not you Meat you are gone most of the time living a life ;)

On 6/11/2018 at 10:28 AM, Editor said:

I didn't know running a hack sailing website was considered an "industry" but yeah, with a kid somehow you need to pay the bills...

On 6/12/2018 at 11:26 PM, Last Post said:

Met him, once. Head and shoulders up himself. Not missing him.

Oddly, I had the opposite impression. I’ve always found him to be a bit of an ass with any of his SA stuff, but when I ran into him at bar during KWRW he came across as a pretty likeable guy. 

50 minutes ago, AnotherSailor said:

I didn't know running a hack sailing website was considered an "industry" but yeah, with a kid somehow you need to pay the bills...

you know what i hate most about twats like you - and it isn't lost on me that you are from frisco, which explains plenty - is how little you know. spout off about who runs this "hack"site. and who said we are an industry, we are part of the sailing industry, dumbfuck. and because of all that, you can kiss my ass, and this forum goodbye. 

you know what i hate most about twats like you - and it isn't lost on me that you are from frisco, which explains plenty - is how little you know. spout off about who runs this "hack"site. and who said we are an industry, we are part of the sailing industry, dumbfuck. and because of all that, you can kiss my ass, and this forum goodbye. 

Not sure what to say, besides: I am sorry.

It probably doesn't matter but it was a joke and I did not mean to spout off and don't believe I did.

Whatever...

Settle down Beavis.

13 hours ago, Editor said:

have you been hanging out with all those Trump loving, deplorable, OU fans too much?

On 6/13/2018 at 5:47 AM, ~HHN92~ said:

Clean was a lot of things, from really cool to boorish at times, which most of us can be. I met him at the Volvo stopover in 2015-16? in Miami. He was going to hook me up with a spot on an RC boat and help with his livestream, etc. Boat owner brought some extra friends so no room. He gets with the guy who was in charge of the race village, moving it and setting up at the stopovers. He is going to see about a ride on one the small ribs. Comes back, sorry, no room on a rib but if it is OK we can get you a spot on the Volvo VIP boat. Well, I was a touch disappointed not to get on a wet rib but the VIP boat was OK. It was full of British top sales reps who got the free trip for their work, treated me like I was a special guest, free food and full bar all day.

So, he's OK in my book.

Similar story.  I met Clean on the Volvo Abu Dhabi Stopover.  In exchange for doing some photog work for him and helping film some of the interviews, he got me a press pass for the week and rides on two different boats - one on Alvimedica during the practice race and then later on Brunel for a VIP day.  Got to go out on the official press boats for both the in-port race and the leg departure race.  ALL amazing stuff!  He even got SWMBO out on SCA one of the days as well.  Its a week I'll never forget.

But what I appreciated most about Clean was he worked his ass off that week to report on the happenings of the stopover for SA and he had great access to and the respect of the professional sailing teams and the Pro sailors.  You guys can give him all the shit you want, and he does come off as a bit arrogant at times (but only a bit), but he has (or had) a passion for the sport and tried to bring that passion to all you ungrateful fucksticks.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

.... he does come off as a bit arrogant at times (but only a bit), but he has (or had) a passion for the sport and tried to bring that passion to all you ungrateful fucksticks.  

Ille onley admitte to bing an occassionalle fucksticke.                                     :)         

• Like 1

5 hours ago, comcrudesgru8 said:

he really went batshit  if you talked about him being a failed lawyer......no sense of humour in that regard........I wonder if he has gone back to the dark side ?

Thats funny.... you talking about someone else being a failed lawyer.  Shiester. 

Best of luck to him.

First met him at 2005 M24 Worlds before he started writing much for SA (in fact I think it was his regatta piece which got the ball rolling for contributing to SA “full time”) then a few times more at Garda for Melges 20 and Vendee Globe start. Good guy would happily invite him to stay and read anything he wanted to post (doesn’t mean you have to agree does it ?). Was sorry not to make it down to most recent VG start and a chnace to have another dinner with him and Bruce

Fair winds mate

• Like 1

Clean played the agent provocateur here. It worked, the place is quieter since he (more or less) departed. His persona here could be annoying but to an extent that was the point and I think most who sparred with him understood the game. I had one encounter with him in real life and he went out of his way to be helpful.

So what's he now doing "outside the industry"?

I did enjoy the podcasts. Hated the gritty septic accent but he often had conversations with very interesting people. Love him or hate him, he was a character and part of the Anarchy DNA

4 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Back to law?

No, he stated what he was doing now, in a thread some months ago, but it was not lawyering............

17 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

I see. Are you going to tell us?

I don't recall what it was, only that he described it briefly....

52 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Poeste 255 in Ist Cleane gone?

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

I'm around.  Just super busy with a new start-up back in the business I used to work when I first moved to Detroit - real estate.  I'm back doing development/permitting/acquisition work.

The SA salary that worked for me before no longer works with a young child depending on me, and grinding out the balance by doing commentary overseas and being on the road 200 days/year wasn't doing wonders for my parenting.

So now I am working long, long hours but I see my little girl every day, and sometimes can take her to work.  I'm still doing The Boatfeed on Youtube and Facebook with Matt, and I'll be working for Charleston Race Week, the Fort2Battery, and the Mack race this year, and probably will be in Newport if the VOR can win back my interest after a litany of fuckups.

My contributions here will be somewhat limited though, but I do still check in to the subjects I'm interested in.

He is going Full Army editing the TNZ Foiling Video

should be up any time now ;-)

If anyone can remember I'd like to know. He was always helpful & polite to me. Ppl who make big life changes fascinate me. 

50 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

If anyone can remember I'd like to know. He was always helpful & polite to me. Ppl who make big life changes fascinate me. 

He dumpte hisse wife and going harde forre menne.  Mabey you cane scorre an innerrviewe?

11 hours ago, OutofOffice said:

I see. Are you going to search?

Am I going to search for and read all of Clean's posts? No.

1 hour ago, Alcatraz5768 said:

Life changes, we all change, good luck. Time with young family is soon gone, make the most of it.

Wise words.

On 6/12/2018 at 3:28 AM, Editor said:

On 6/12/2018 at 7:18 AM, bplipschitz said:

23 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Back to law?

19 hours ago, billy backstay said:

No, he stated what he was doing now, in a thread some months ago, but it was not lawyering............

16 hours ago, dogwatch said:

I see. Are you going to tell us?

16 hours ago, billy backstay said:

1349376642.thumb.jpg.d5a008c4d6914aa92264136a4a1ff1a0.jpg.79988ee8bd5f3d5fc45ca3affc67d526.jpg