RKoch

Fly a flag on Canada Day? Interesting idea.

Recommended Posts

Let Cheeto Benito know you support our neighbors to the north.

 

Every July 1st, Canada Day, I fly the Canadian flag from my flagpole in honor of our great ally to the North. TRUMP’s outrageous assault on Canada should be repudiated. I hope some of my fellow Americans will think about sending a message this Canada day. Get a flag and fly it

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have nothing against Canada.  I have spent many a fishing trip,  in that beautiful country.   That said I see no reason to place any country above my own.   This is a tempest in a tea pot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

 I have nothing against Canada.  I have spent many a fishing trip,  in that beautiful country.   That said I see no reason to place any country above my own.   This is a tempest in a tea pot. 

Showing support for another country does not place yours below. 

If you stop someone beating their wife this does not mean you suddenly don't love yours.

But your response is typically jingoisic and smug . As far as TIATP goes the problem is that this is just one act of many that is destroying the credibility of the USA. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Schmidt is an interesting guy. He certainly is not bashful about putting his country before his party. He better watch out or Foxy News will give him the “D”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

 I see no reason to place any country above my own.  

You see no reason to place any country above TRUMP.

That's the problem.

Everyone here knows that Trump is the living embodiment of all the worst impulses of the lowest levels of American society, not the leader and representative of what America really is.

He is an inexcusable pig whom all Americans should be ashamed of and embarrassed to have representing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuronBouy said:

Showing support for another country does not place yours below. 

If you stop someone beating their wife this does not mean you suddenly don't love yours.

But your response is typically jingoisic and smug . As far as TIATP goes the problem is that this is just one act of many that is destroying the credibility of the USA. 

 

I have no problem if people wish to fly the Canadian flag.  I stand in respect when it is played at sporting events. 

I find calling for people of the US to fly the Canada flag in protest a bit over the top.  But hating the president doesn’t seem to have any limits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SloopJonB said:

You see no reason to place any country above TRUMP.

That's the problem.

Everyone here knows that Trump is the living embodiment of all the worst impulses of the lowest levels of American society, not the leader and representative of what America really is.

He is an inexcusable pig whom all Americans should be ashamed of and embarrassed to have representing them.

Very true.  TM, Jack, and doggy style put Trump above their own country. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

You see no reason to place any country above TRUMP.

That's the problem.

Everyone here knows that Trump is the living embodiment of all the worst impulses of the lowest levels of American society, not the leader and representative of what America really is.

He is an inexcusable pig whom all Americans should be ashamed of and embarrassed to have representing them.

No I place the office of the president above any and all countries.  Your taunts have no effect on me as you are not from this country.  I fully understand why you are upset.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You see no reason to place any country above TRUMP.

That's the problem.

Everyone here knows that Trump is the living embodiment of all the worst impulses of the lowest levels of American society, not the leader and representative of what America really is.

He is an inexcusable pig whom all Americans should be ashamed of and embarrassed to have representing them.

The timing is way off but "The Ugly American" could easily have been written about Bone Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMSAIL said:

No I place the office of the president above any and all countries.  Your taunts have no effect on me as you are not from this country.  I fully understand why you are upset.  

We aren't talking about the OFFICE, we are talking about the "man" who is currently shitting on everything it stands for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RKoch said:

Very true.  TM, Jack, and doggy style put Trump above their own country. 

Nope.  I put the office of the president and now that you say it yeah.  I do put the president above other countries.  Doesn’t mean I agree with everything or do not acknowledge mistakes or policies I disagree with.  I do not claim that he is always right, but against foreign attacks.  Yes I will not undercut my country because I disagree with the occupant of the White House.  That went for Obama as well as Trump and any and all before them.  

Thats my personal position.  I do not begrudge others to have differing views. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

We aren't talking about the OFFICE, we are talking about the "man" who is currently shitting on everything it stands for.

That is your opinion, millions of MY fellow Americans disagree.  We have a way to make a change it’s called an election.  I know you are frustrated that we can’t just up and call for a vote of no confidence, but that is our system.  It’s served us well for 225+ years.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

We aren't talking about the OFFICE, we are talking about the "man" who is currently shitting on everything it stands for.

Ignore him, I have.  He is clearly a " my country right or wrong" type. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Nope.  I put the office of the president and now that you say it yeah.  I do put the president above other countries.  Doesn’t mean I agree with everything or do not acknowledge mistakes or policies I disagree with.  I do not claim that he is always right, but against foreign attacks.  Yes I will not undercut my country because I disagree with the occupant of the White House.  That went for Obama as well as Trump and any and all before them.  

Thats my personal position.  I do not begrudge others to have differing views. 

My country, right or wrong. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Ignore him, I have.  He is clearly a " my country right or wrong" type. 

No...he's a "my president, right or wrong" above even his own country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

My country, right or wrong. :rolleyes:

  I wonder how Canadians would  react to a call to fly the American Flag on the 4th of July?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

  I wonder how Canadians would  react to a call to fly the American Flag on the 4th of July?  

I would consider it a friendly gesture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

  I wonder how Canadians would  react to a call to fly the American Flag on the 4th of July?  

Lots of people do - there are American flags all over Canada.

Not so many since Trump was elected.

We aren't flag wavers like Americans so you would think that we are pretty skimpy on flags in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

No I place the office of the president above any and all countries.  Your taunts have no effect on me as you are not from this country.  I fully understand why you are upset.  

 

Placing the office and yes the man above any and all is fucked up.

Stand up for what is right. 

Supporting an office, title or even your country even when you know it's wrong is not patriotic or heroic its fanaticism,  no different from a suicide bomber with an entrenched belief system that molds reality to fit. 

If tomorrow war is declared will you serve or will you send your kids as cannon fodder?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

 

Placing the office and yes the man above any and all is fucked up.

Stand up for what is right. 

Supporting an office, title or even your country even when you know it's wrong is not patriotic or heroic its fanaticism,  no different from a suicide bomber with an entrenched belief system that molds reality to fit. 

If tomorrow war is declared will you serve or will you send your kids as cannon fodder?

 

 

AKA domestic terrorists. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Nope.  I put the office of the president and now that you say it yeah.  I do put the president above other countries.  Doesn’t mean I agree with everything or do not acknowledge mistakes or policies I disagree with.  I do not claim that he is always right, but against foreign attacks.  Yes I will not undercut my country because I disagree with the occupant of the White House.  That went for Obama as well as Trump and any and all before them.  

Thats my personal position.  I do not begrudge others to have differing views. 

Does that barbed wire, middle ground fence you sit on start to sting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll tke the Constitution over the office of the Presidency 100 out of 100 times. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mad said:

Does that barbed wire, middle ground fence you sit on start to sting?

I thought you were ignoring me?  

13 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’ll tke the Constitution over the office of the Presidency 100 out of 100 times. 

Fair enough.   Which allows for specific ways to change presidents through elections every four years or if needed Removal through impeachment or the 25th  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta admit...

I've been flying my flag a lot less recently. I used to put it up daily. Since sometime in January last year, I've been missing a lot of days.

Neighbors of mine took down their Trump banner and put up a flag, and I've sort of associated the two in my mind. Partly because of how he loves to wrap himself up in it and preen like a peacock. I find it revolting.

Gonna have to start taking back the flag. Picked up a new one the other day. Tomorrow may be the start of a new day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I gotta admit...

I've been flying my flag a lot less recently. I used to put it up daily. Since sometime in January last year, I've been missing a lot of days.

Neighbors of mine took down their Trump banner and put up a flag, and I've sort of associated the two in my mind. Partly because of how he loves to wrap himself up in it and preen like a peacock. I find it revolting.

Gonna have to start taking back the flag. Picked up a new one the other day. Tomorrow may be the start of a new day.

Buy a Canadian flag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I gotta admit...

I've been flying my flag a lot less recently. I used to put it up daily. Since sometime in January last year, I've been missing a lot of days.

Neighbors of mine took down their Trump banner and put up a flag, and I've sort of associated the two in my mind. Partly because of how he loves to wrap himself up in it and preen like a peacock. I find it revolting.

Gonna have to start taking back the flag. Picked up a new one the other day. Tomorrow may be the start of a new day.

Interesting. I’ve always flown the flag from my house.  Lighted at night taken down during harsh weather and replaced when worn. My house wouldn’t be the same without it.  I have plenty of neighbors who had Obama Biden signs.  Some fly flags regularly almost all fly them on Holidays   I never once associated their flags with who they voted for.   

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Interesting. I’ve always flown the flag from my house.  Lighted at night taken down during harsh weather and replaced when worn. My house wouldn’t be the same without it.  I have plenty of neighbors who had Obama Biden signs.  Some fly flags regularly almost all fly them on Holidays   I never once associated their flags with who they voted for.   

 

Don't you even know that you don't fly the flag at night?

Dawn to dusk. Only ignoramuses and fanatics fly it 24 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Don't you even know that you don't fly the flag at night?

Dawn to dusk. Only ignoramuses and fanatics fly it 24 hours.

Shows how much you know -  a flag may be flown at night if lighted.  

https://classroom.synonym.com/what-are-the-rules-for-flying-the-us-flag-at-night-12080243.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I didn't realize you lived at a National Monument.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Interesting. I’ve always flown the flag from my house.  Lighted at night taken down during harsh weather and replaced when worn. My house wouldn’t be the same without it.  I have plenty of neighbors who had Obama Biden signs.  Some fly flags regularly almost all fly them on Holidays   I never once associated their flags with who they voted for.   

 

I flew it during Bush without issue. These times have been embarrassing for our country. Our president consorts with prostitutes  porn stars, has no honor, lies, cheats students and is going to a nuclear arms deal meeting with less prep than my kids do for  a middle school science lab. He is tearing down our institutions and compliments dictators.  

Im glad you are proud of your country right now, but I guess we feel differently about patriotism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LB 15 said:

 

Proof that you can't fix stupid.

I love the smug smiles & nods.

Holy shit has the USA got a problem with mass ignorance and gullibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Interesting. I’ve always flown the flag from my house.  Lighted at night taken down during harsh weather and replaced when worn. My house wouldn’t be the same without it.  I have plenty of neighbors who had Obama Biden signs.  Some fly flags regularly almost all fly them on Holidays   I never once associated their flags with who they voted for.   

 

Obama and Biden were a class act who respected American institutions and were honorable Americans. To hide your flag then would just have been partisan bullshit. 

Trump is fucking with our fundamentals. One question is should we fly the flag upside down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Proof that you can't fix stupid.

I love the smug smiles & nods.

Holy shit has the USA got a problem with mass ignorance and gullibility.

My Fox watching little sister lives in rural central Florida. She's abosolutely convinced a violent Mexican rapist is hiding behind every tree and shrub. I'm quite sure there isn't a brown or black person within 30 miles of her. Fox uses fear to spread their RW propaganda. Gullible bigots suck it up.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Sorry, I didn't realize you lived at a National Monument.

You were wrong the first time now you are doubling down on your ignorance.  

National monuments may be required, by law to fly the flag 24 hrs  a day.  At a private residence it is an option, as long as it is lighted.  Try reading the link. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

I flew it during Bush without issue. These times have been embarrassing for our country. Our president consorts with prostitutes  porn stars, has no honor, lies, cheats students and is going to a nuclear arms deal meeting with less prep than my kids do for  a middle school science lab. He is tearing down our institutions and compliments dictators.  

Im glad you are proud of your country right now, but I guess we feel differently about patriotism.

If you truly were the patriot you claim you would fly your flag regardless of who occupies the White House.  The flag represents those that have fought and died for this country, it represents freedom for all men no matter what or who they are.   I truely find it sad that you would stop flying it because you despise the current POTUS   He is one man, the country, the people and the flag are much larger than anyone person.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

If you truly were the patriot you claim you would fly your flag regardless of who occupies the White House.  The flag represents those that have fought and died for this country, it represents freedom for all men no matter what or who they are.   I truely find it sad that you would stop flying it because you despise the current POTUS   He is one man, the country, the people and the flag are much larger than anyone person.  

 

I'm impressed you can type that while simultaneously thumping your chest and singing God Bless America. Did you fire a 21 gun salute too? But anyway, Putin sends his gratitude for supportin' his boy.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RKoch said:

I'm impressed you can type that while simultaneously thumping your chest and singing God Bless America. Did you fire a 21 gun salute too?

You clearly have issues.  Sorry if discussing the flag offends you.   I recently took 100 veterans to a Cubs game.  Everyone of them would be happy to explain what that flag means to them.  Except Nick He is a pretty rah rah 28 year old marine. He would most likely would take a different approach 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

You clearly have issues.  Sorry if discussing the flag offends you.   I recently took 100 veterans to a Cubs game.  Everyone of them would be happy to explain what that flag means to them.  Except Nick He is a pretty rah rah 28 year old marine. He would most likely would take a different approach 

Right, because the American flag stands for threatening violence to people who disagree with you.

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Right, because the American flag stands for threatening violence to people who disagree with you.

-DSK

Who is threatening violence for a disagreement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

You were wrong the first time now you are doubling down on your ignorance.  

National monuments may be required, by law to fly the flag 24 hrs  a day.  At a private residence it is an option, as long as it is lighted.  Try reading the link. 

:rolleyes:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

                   :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I simply don’t understand why I need to fly the flag to convince ANY of you I am a patriot. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

If you truly were the patriot you claim you would fly your flag regardless of who occupies the White House.  The flag represents those that have fought and died for this country, it represents freedom for all men no matter what or who they are.   I truely find it sad that you would stop flying it because you despise the current POTUS   He is one man, the country, the people and the flag are much larger than anyone person.  

 

Our flag also represents those who were hung for being black in a white town, it represents those who fought for the right to vote, to have free and fair elections, to resist demagoguery, to have freedom of the press... and I started this by saying I’d fly it tomorrow you sanctimonious prick. 

Everything is going swimmingly for you since you don’t mind a racist incompetent fool in the WH. For me, words like “land of the free” lose their luster when white supremacists are praised by the administration, our prisons are for profit, we jail refugee kids, praise dictators and our rulers try to strip the lower class of their access to health care while making the rich more wealthy. But you’re A-ok with that version of “freedom.”

I will not be lectured on patriotism by some idiot worshipping a bankrupt know-nothing who wears his ignorance with pride and seems to be driving a hard bargain for Russia. Trump has weakened our alliances, emboldened our enemies, and now wishes to reward NK’s dictator for achieving nuclear status with praise and the global spotlight. He will get nothing in return and America will have only paid for yet another ego boost to a malevolent narcissist. Well, two narcissists, now that I think of it.

So light your flag at night and therefore call yourself a patriot, but I fly my flag for VERY different reasons than you. Don’t you dare tell me what it stands for; I’ve got my own ideas thx very much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Our flag also represents those who were hung for being black in a white town, it represents those who fought for the right to vote, to have free and fair elections, to resist demagoguery, to have freedom of the press... and I started this by saying I’d fly it tomorrow you sanctimonious prick. 

Everything is going swimmingly for you since you don’t mind a racist incompetent fool in the WH. For me, words like “land of the free” lose their luster when white supremacists are praised by the administration, our prisons are for profit, we jail refugee kids, praise dictators and our rulers try to strip the lower class of their access to health care while making the rich more wealthy. But you’re A-ok with that version of “freedom.”

I will not be lectured on patriotism by some idiot worshipping a bankrupt know-nothing who wears his ignorance with pride and seems to be driving a hard bargain for Russia. Trump has weakened our alliances, emboldened our enemies, and now wishes to reward NK’s dictator for achieving nuclear status with praise and the global spotlight. He will get nothing in return and America will have only paid for yet another ego boost to a malevolent narcissist. Well, two narcissists, now that I think of it.

So light your flag at night and therefore call yourself a patriot, but I fly my flag for VERY different reasons than you. Don’t you dare tell me what it stands for; I’ve got my own ideas thx very much. 

You are the one who stopped Flying the flag because the neighbors were Trump supporters and in a warped dysfunctional way equated way their support trump sign with the American Flag

You are a fucking pre/Madonna that goes around calling people traitors because they don't share your over the top vitrial against the elected president of the United States.  What a pathetic snowflake.  You don’t deserve to own a flag let alone fly one.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

You are the one who stopped Flying the flag because the neighbors were Trump supporters and in a warped dysfunctional way equated way their support trump sign with the American Flag

You are a fucking pre/Madonna that goes around calling people traitors because they don't share your over the top vitrial against the elected president of the United States.  What a pathetic snowflake.  You don’t deserve to own a flag let alone fly one.  

You've already admitted you honor Cheetolini above Country. You dishonor the American flag, you should fly a 'Grab 'em by the pussy' flag. It's what you stand for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TM, you are turning into a bigger & bigger asshole by the day.

I don't really think you really understand the concepts of democracy or patriotism.

It's not about symbols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

You've already admitted you honor Cheetolini above Country. You dishonor the American flag, you should fly a 'Grab 'em by the pussy' flag. It's what you stand for.

Yep that’s what you imagine in your worn eaten brain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

TM, you are turning into a bigger & bigger asshole by the day.

I don't really think you really understand the concepts of democracy or patriotism.

It's not about symbols.

  I understand them enough to know both sides have the right to have their own views heard without being called a traitor.  You are correct it’s not about symbols it’s about people. Of all races creeds and. POLITICAL beliefs WE all have the right to speak our minds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMSAIL said:

  I understand them enough to know both sides have the right to have their own views heard without being called a traitor.  You are correct it’s not about symbols it’s about people. Of all races creeds and. POLITICAL beliefs WE all have the right to speak our minds.  

Do you really think that the current situation is about political views?

Do you really think that the way Trump behaves is legitimate?

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RKoch said:

Let Cheeto Benito know you support our neighbors to the north.

 

Every July 1st, Canada Day, I fly the Canadian flag from my flagpole in honor of our great ally to the North. TRUMP’s outrageous assault on Canada should be repudiated. I hope some of my fellow Americans will think about sending a message this Canada day. Get a flag and fly it

 

 

Every day their unfair tariffs are in place we are supporting them.  International welfare.   Trump knows that.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HuronBouy said:

Showing support for another country does not place yours below. 

If you stop someone beating their wife this does not mean you suddenly don't love yours.

But your response is typically jingoisic and smug . As far as TIATP goes the problem is that this is just one act of many that is destroying the credibility of the USA. 

 

I support equal trade.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rok Dog said:

Every day their unfair tariffs are in place we are supporting them.  International welfare.   Trump knows that.

Are you really so stupid that you don't know the USA runs a surplus in trade with Canada?

Wait - you probably shouldn't answer that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

We aren't talking about the OFFICE, we are talking about the "man" who is currently shitting on everything it stands for.

American stands for free trade.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Do you really think that the current situation is about political views?

Do you really think that the way Trump behaves is legitimate?

Really?

Do you really think questioning any aspect of the FBI investigation over the last 2 years is plotting sedition. That questioning of the actions of the DOJ makes you a traitor?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SloopJonB said:

Are you really so stupid that you don't know the USA runs a surplus in trade with Canada?

Wait - you probably shouldn't answer that.

Not in my line of work.   Are you so stupid that you don’t know some of Canada’s unfree tariffs are putting some Americans out of business?   Don’t bother - you’ve already answered that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RKoch said:

My Fox watching little sister lives in rural central Florida. She's abosolutely convinced a violent Mexican rapist is hiding behind every tree and shrub. I'm quite sure there isn't a brown or black person within 30 miles of her. Fox uses fear to spread their RW propaganda. Gullible bigots suck it up.

All the others use fear to spread their LW propaganda that behind every Bush is a black gun waiting to kill them and a white man determined to enslave them.  Gullible bigots suck it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Do you really think questioning any aspect of the FBI investigation over the last 2 years is plotting sedition. That questioning of the actions of the DOJ makes you a traitor?  

WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

TM, you are turning into a bigger & bigger asshole by the day.

I don't really think you really understand the concepts of democracy or patriotism.

It's not about symbols.

If you understood democracy you wouldn’t have called him and asshole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rok Dog said:

Not in my line of work.   Are you so stupid that you don’t know some of Canada’s unfree tariffs are putting some Americans out of business?   Don’t bother - you’ve already answered that.

You're either a moron or a troll

No matter - off to the phantom zone with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

  I understand them enough to know both sides have the right to have their own views heard without being called a traitor.  You are correct it’s not about symbols it’s about people. Of all races creeds and. POLITICAL beliefs WE all have the right to speak our minds.  

If you support a man above Country and Laws, you are a traitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SloopJonB said:

WTF?

Well my discussion was with Philly.  You joined in.  He has made that exact charge against me on more than one occasion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RKoch said:

If you support a man above Country and Laws, you are a traitor. 

And where did I claim that I put Trump above THIS country.  I stated the office of the president over OTHER countries. 

You confuse easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMSAIL said:

Well my discussion was with Philly.  You joined in.  He has made that exact charge against me on more than one occasion. 

 

Who do you think started the thread? And who chimed in that flying another Country's flag on their national holiday was placing their country above our own? You are a lying traitor.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Who do you think started the thread? And who chimed in that flying another Country's flag on their national holiday was placing their country above our own? You are a lying traitor.

Oh those worms are really eating at your brain. your original post shows the flags being equal it also said this:

TRUMP’s outrageous assault on Canada should be repudiated... so fly the Canadian flag

You brought politics into flying the Canadian flag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Oh those worms are really eating at your brain. From your original post

TRUMP’s outrageous assault on Canada should be repudiated... by flying the Canadian flag

You brought politics into flying the Canadian flag. 

TM,  there is something, I hope, in the kinship of democracy,   which, in the end may be as important as our individual countries, especially in an hour of need against what looks like  the selfish Torment of the Rule of a Man, who looks to be spitting on the rule of Democratic Law.  

And that, sir, is our current hour of grief, although by all observation, does not seem to be your position at all- in fact your position seems to be quite the opposite.

Can you find in your heart even a little pity, or support, even, for the pain of a patriot?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Amati said:

TM there is something, I hope, in the kinship of democracy.  Which in the end may be as important as our individual countries, especially in our hour of need against the Torment of the Rule of a Man. Who sneers at the rule of law.  

And that, sir, is our current hour of grief.

Can you find in your heart even a little pity for the pain of a patriot?  

‘Sneers at the rule of law’?   WTF are you talking about exactly?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

‘Sneers at the rule of law’?   WTF are you talking about exactly?  

Do you believe Sessions is the Preident’s personal attorney?

Should Sessions have not accepted his office if he was going to recuse?

Should the head of the FBI swear personal loyalty to the President of the United States?  Should Cabinet members?

Does the President have the ability to pardon himself?

Can the President do anything illegal?

Do you believe the President is upholding his oath to protect and defend the United States Constitution?

Do you believe the President has the right to destroy documents of his office

Edit- here is a more formal approach to #6 (above) that you might find more WTF exactly pertinent:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/when-president-attacks-press

and

https://lawfareblog.com/presidents-words-matter-part-ii-impeachment-standards-and-case-demagogue

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

You are the one who stopped Flying the flag because the neighbors were Trump supporters and in a warped dysfunctional way equated way their support trump sign with the American Flag

You are a fucking pre/Madonna that goes around calling people traitors because they don't share your over the top vitrial against the elected president of the United States.  What a pathetic snowflake.  You don’t deserve to own a flag let alone fly one.  

Your psychoanalytical skills are about as astute as your argumentative skills. Until your defense of American values and traditions exceed your passion for Trump and “the flag” I will question your patriotism. You’ve substituted a symbol for the ideals which made us great, and Call it noble while betraying American values. 

The sentence “You don’t deserve to own a flag let alone fly one“ shows that you have no concept of, nor concern for actual American freedoms. Your version of “freedom” sounds strictly authoritarian and prescribed. You should try and figure out WHY people have been willing to die for a scrap of cloth, and then honor THAT, not the symbols.

Otherwise, you’re just wrapping yourself in the flag and calling yourself a patriot. Sad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pre/Madonna ?

WTF

How about a post/Madonna

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

  I wonder how Canadians would  react to a call to fly the American Flag on the 4th of July?  

I remember a lot of American flags being flown after 9/11 in particular. It is something called respect for others. Apparently you are incapable of understanding the concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

  I wonder how Canadians would  react to a call to fly the American Flag on the 4th of July?  

I've done it many times as a border town out of respect for my neighbors. Also on Sept 11 2001. I think America is a great country.

Your current president represents the opposite of everything I respect about America.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see lots of international flags being flown or displayed in Greek, Italian, Irish, Indian, etc. establishments.  My wife has a Union Jack license plate surround.  When we had cars with metal bumpers she even had a Union Jack and English flag sticker on them.

Personally, I'm not a big flag flying person except when the situation requires it.

We even have an etiquette described for display of multiple national flags.

The Rules:

  • When displayed with other flags, the size of the American Flag should be larger than the other flags or relatively equal to the size of the largest flag. Other flags should not overshadow the American Flag in any way.
  • The American Flag should be flown higher than lesser flags. If the flags are displayed on the same level, the American Flag should be flown to the (flag's own) right of all other flags. The right is a position of prominence.
  • If the flags of other nations are displayed with the American Flag, they should be of equal size and at equal heights on separate staffs at a time of peace. The American Flag should be displayed to the (flag's own) right but not higher than other national flags.
  • In a group of state, local and/or society flags, the American Flag should be flown highest and in the center.
  • The American Flag should be hoisted first and lowered last, when flown with other flags on adjacent staffs.
  • When the American Flag is displayed against a wall with another flag, it should be on the (flag's own) right with its staff in front of the other flag.
  • Another nation's flag shouldn't be displayed on the same halyard as the American Flag.
  • If a state, local or society flags are flown on the same halyard with the American Flag, the American Flag should be at the top.
  • If the American Flag is carried in a procession with other flags, it should be to its own right or in the center of a line of flags.

 

Exceptions to the Rules:

  • In any nation the national flag must be placed in a place of prominence. The flag code only applies to flags flown on American soil.
  • In foreign waters or to salute a foreign country, the U.S. Navy may fly the country's national flag on the masthead of the ship. This is not a violation of the flag code because the code only applies to civilians (not the Navy), and also because the stern and gaff of a ship are more prominent positions to fly a flag.
  • A church pennant may be flown above the American Flag if a church service is done by naval chaplains at sea for personnel of the Navy. After the service is over, the American Flag must again be placed in the prominent position.
  • The United Nations' headquarters may fly the flags of all 188 member nations in alphabetical order. Although it is technically located within the United States (banks of the East River in Manhattan), the headquarters is owned by all the members of the United Nations, so it is not considered to be American soil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite my comments about Canadian drivers clogging the highways and byways of South Florida with left lane slowpokes, I like Canada and am ashamed by our government’s idiotic positions and comments. 

However...inasmuch as Canada refuses to take responsibility for the moronic Malarkey troll with which they infected the great state of Florida, you are on double secret probation, Canukistanis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Despite my comments about Canadian drivers clogging the highways and byways of South Florida with left lane slowpokes, I like Canada and am ashamed by our government’s idiotic positions and comments. 

However...inasmuch as Canada refuses to take responsibility for the moronic Malarkey troll with which they infected the great state of Florida, you are on double secret probation, Canukistanis. 

He is no longer our responsibility. He is as American as Donald Trump now. You could have rejected him but chose not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Interesting. I’ve always flown the flag from my house.  Lighted at night taken down during harsh weather and replaced when worn. My house wouldn’t be the same without it.  I have plenty of neighbors who had Obama Biden signs.  Some fly flags regularly almost all fly them on Holidays   I never once associated their flags with who they voted for.   

 

If you bought American-made flags you could fly then in harsh weather. I guess the Chinese ones just aren't as sturdy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Despite my comments about Canadian drivers clogging the highways and byways of South Florida with left lane slowpokes, I like Canada and am ashamed by our government’s idiotic positions and comments. 

However...inasmuch as Canada refuses to take responsibility for the moronic Malarkey troll with which they infected the great state of Florida, you are on double secret probation, Canukistanis. 

He's not our fault. Even if he WAS really born here, which is far from certain, we simply don't grow them that stupid here.

It has to be the Floriduh effect that made him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

American stands for free trade.

Not any more. Fuck you are one stupid clown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The right wingers are so fucking stupid they don't even know that NAFTA was a Republican program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The right wingers are so fucking stupid they don't even know that NAFTA was a Republican program.

There there, right wingers, be not ashamed, US customs guys (who had just come over from Homeland Security) were having trouble with NAFTA when we came back into the US after a cruise just after 911, and declared some work done on Amati by Jespersen's.  

If a customs a supervisor hadn’t come by to see what was taking so much time, it would have cost $$$$$$ in duties.  She was great!

If your theory is correct, Sloop, Maybe she was a Democrat, eh? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites