Sign in to follow this  
Nailing Malarkey Too

HOMERUN - Beyond anyone's expectations.

34 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Poor snowflakes.  Just a month or so ago you were all calling Trump an IDIOT for derailing the summit by HAVING the joint military exercises.  Now you are having a melt down because he suspended them, as a sign of good faith.  Your Hypocrisy is shining through. 

Home Run - No

but men on base with no outs absolutely   Time will tell

Check out post#66 for what YOU ALL were saying about Obama then and Trump now.

As you are a member of "The Right", do you feel accountable for this?

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

If there were "plenty", you should be able to name a few.  Or, even better, provide a cite for when they did.

Must be the legendary and infamous "some people," or "they," or "them."

Short of anything specific, I view the "plenty" he mentions like I do the "thousands" who President Trump saw cheering the fall of the WTC.

11 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

A number of you predicted Kim would just embarrass Trump and go home.

That’s exactly what happened. 

38 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Check out post#66 for what YOU ALL were saying about Obama then and Trump now.

As you are a member of "The Right", do you feel accountable for this?

Oh, hell no- he’s feeling truely righteous anger.  He is only accountable to his feelings right now.  We are the weak intellectuals mired in our ‘facts’....

remember:

core

wavering

hostile

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

If there were "plenty", you should be able to name a few.  Or, even better, provide a cite for when they did.

BL, Koch, MickeyRat, Mid, VhM are a few that come to mind. 

Many people are saying it.

It would have been good manners to tell the SORK's about it.

WAIT - WTF am I saying?

Never mind.

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

BL, Koch, MickeyRat, Mid, VhM are a few that come to mind. 

Thanks for that.  Not really interested in digging through all the threads, looking for examples.  I am sure the folks you've listed will agree they did what TM alleges.

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

I criticised the intent to hold exercises before the summit because it was brainless to wave a stick at someone and try to make an agreement. I criticised the cancellation of war games after because the president didn't tell anyone and it came as a surprise and for the fact that he didn't get anything in return. Last, it was Republicans who were loudly complaining about it, Joni Ernst and David Perdue were on television biting at the president's feet.

It may seem brainless, but I assure you it is not-  our beautiful leader unilaterally ratchets up tension so he may then loosen the knot, and that feels so wonderfully - magically! like progress, to our enemies;) and to his core and wavering supporters, that he brings the blessing of MAGA to everyone who will accept His love. :wub:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Thanks for that.  Not really interested in digging through all the threads, looking for examples.  I am sure the folks you've listed will agree they did what TM alleges.

No worries - TM goes off on rants sometimes, and sometimes, he's right.  This was one of the times he was right. 

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No worries - TM goes off on rants sometimes, and sometimes, he's right.  This was one of the times he was right. 

Core!

Wavering?

Hostile!

20 hours ago, RKoch said:

image.jpeg

I guarantee you they are the last two picked for Dodgeball.

Has the Media ever asked specifically who?  Even of Ms. Sanders?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Thanks for that.  Not really interested in digging through all the threads, looking for that.  I am sure the folks you've listed will agree they did what TM alleges.

Postponing the exercises would have made perfect sense. Cancelling them altogether, getting nothing in return, is beyond stupid. It's the kind of deal an moron who's filed for bankruptcy 6 times would sign. And just like no bank trusts him anymore, none of our allies or diplomatic talk participants will trust him (and the US). He's doing great damage to the US's reputation, which Putin approves of.

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Postponing the exercises would have made perfect sense. Cancelling them altogether, getting nothing in return, is beyond stupid. It's the kind of deal an moron who's filed for bankruptcy 6 times would sign. And just like no bank trusts him anymore, none of our allies or diplomatic talk participants will trust him (and the US). He's doing great damage to the US's reputation, which Putin approves of.

Wouldn’t get the ratings.  This has more emotional appeal...

10 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Words. Just words. I might believe when I see some action. Otherwise, this looks like a bad reboot of a crappy movie.

You guys all DO realize this was just a first meeting and there was NEVER an expectation that there would be specific details out of this summit, right?  The hard work is just starting.  This is a marathon not a sprint.  

It may very well come to nothing, but we won't know for years from now.  Save some of your all'z outrage for later.  If you use it all up now, there won't be any left for the obvious stuff we will need to be outraged about trump in the meantime.  

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I disagree - postponing a long-standing exercise that was a year in coordination would have been a phenomenal waste of time and money, and would have been seen as a concession to DPRK even prior to confirming that the sit-down was going to proceed. 

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You guys all DO realize this was just a first meeting and there was NEVER an expectation that there would be specific details out of this summit, right?  The hard work is just starting.  This is a marathon not a sprint.  

It may very well come to nothing, but we won't know for years from now.  Save some of your all'z outrage for later.  If you use it all up now, there won't be any left for the obvious stuff we will need to be outraged about trump in the meantime.  

Then, how will they justify giving him the Nobel?

6 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Postponing.... canceling.  What the difference?  Do you think they can't be turned back on on short notice should we need to to make a point to the norks?  

What does that have to do with my confirmation that several posters did indeed do what TM said that they did?  Sorry man - I think I'm missing your point. 

It’s not an intellectual point- either you get it or you don’t.  Stop thinking!

..........:)feel........

Just now, Bus Driver said:

They gave obama a Nobel just for getting elected while being black.  Getting the Jonger to the table has got to be worth something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

It’s not an intellectual point- either you get it or you don’t.  Stop thinking!

..........:)feel........

I'm an engineer - we aren't trained to feel.     ;-) 

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

They gave obama a Nobel just for getting elected while being black.  Getting the Jonger to the table has got to be worth something.

If I remember correctly, people were pretty vocal about President Obama getting the Nobel without having done much.

If we have to wait years to see if President Trump's agreement bears fruit, I'd classify that the same way.

Of course, we all know KJU was told by China to get his shit in order, and SK played a pretty damned big role.  But, let's just give the credit to President Trump, shall we?

10 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Postponing.... canceling.  What the difference?  Do you think they can't be turned back on on short notice should we need to to make a point to the norks?  

You don't know the difference between postpone and cancel?

post·pone
pōˈspōn,pōstˈpōn/
verb
  1. cause or arrange for (something) to take place at a time later than that first scheduled.
    "the visit had to be postponed for some time"
    synonyms: put off/back, delaydeferrescheduleadjournshelve, put over, take a rain check on; More

can·cel
    ˈkansəl/
    verb
    1. 1. 
      decide or announce that (an arranged or planned event) will not take place.
      "he was forced to cancel his visit"
      synonyms: call off, abandonscrapdropaxscrubnix
      "the meeting was canceled"

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If I remember correctly, people were pretty vocal about President Obama getting the Nobel without having done much.

If we have to wait years to see if President Trump's agreement bears fruit, I'd classify that the same way.

Of course, we all know KJU was told by China to get his shit in order, and SK played a pretty damned big role.  But, let's just give the credit to President Trump, shall we?

Are you talking to me or others?  I don't recall saying that trump should be up for a Nobel just for meeting the fat short kid.  If he gets a peace deal and ends the Korean war finally and we are the path to true denuking.... then yeah I think he deserves some kudos for it.  I would do a 3-way Nobel with Donnie, Jonger and Moon.  Donnie's "rocket man" rhetoric and saber rattling IMHO had a lot to do with where we are right now .  But SK's Moon absolutely deserves some credit as well, if not the lion's share. 

Fuck the chinese though, they should have taken care of this issue 30 years ago and stomped on NK.  Instead fueled the Norks to do what they do.  

5 minutes ago, RKoch said:
12 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You don't know the difference between postpone and cancel?

<Sigh>  Obtuse much?

11 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

We have been practicing invading NK for 50 years, I think we have a pretty good war plan developed. We also know how to liaise with the SK military pretty well. Twice yearly practice is just not necessary. The military is good at mock ups, let’s mock up the hills of Pendleton to look like NK and save a boatload.

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm an engineer - we aren't trained to feel.     ;-) 

:lol:

That makes you useful, but suspect: wavering by definition.

Edit- Atomic Engineering?

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

1. Never an expectation? :lol:  We must not tell our Beautiful Leader.

2. But because of this ^^^ you can now be assumed to be in the ‘Wavering’ category.  

3. Before you reflexively assert your right to free speech and thought, you do realize that there is a 3 generation punishment for any slip ups? 

Control your feelings, consumer....

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Nope - I'm not that smart - I just build IT systems. 

Congratulations!  There may a place for you in the IT gulag!  (Accommodations supplied and run by The Core Corp.)

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Are you talking to me or others?  I don't recall saying that trump should be up for a Nobel just for meeting the fat short kid.  If he gets a peace deal and ends the Korean war finally and we are the path to true denuking.... then yeah I think he deserves some kudos for it.  I would do a 3-way Nobel with Donnie, Jonger and Moon.  Donnie's "rocket man" rhetoric and saber rattling IMHO had a lot to do with where we are right now .  But SK's Moon absolutely deserves some credit as well, if not the lion's share. 

Fuck the chinese though, they should have taken care of this issue 30 years ago and stomped on NK.  Instead fueled the Norks to do what they do.  

Sorry if I misinterpreted your words (copied below) to indicate you felt President Trump was deserving of something.  You were responding to my comment about a Nobel, so it makes sense to assume you were following this in a linear fashion.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

13 hours ago, Keith said:

I guess you missed the part where the USA has immediately given up their S Korea war games, and the new story about the Nork news announcing that the sanctions will be lifted.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-sanctions/north-korea-state-media-says-trump-agreed-to-lift-sanctions-against-north-idUSKBN1J9022

Looks too me at this point like little Kim got what he wanted, and we got promises of things too come, talk is cheap.

If in, 6-12-18 or 24 months, anything substantial changes in North Korea, then yes you might be right, but not now, its simply too soon and only speculation. 

I listened to all that the president said. He Suspended the war games of which the most recent incarnation was saber rattling for Kim's benefit. He immediately added that they would resume if required. (I bet you conveniently missed that part) It was a gesture that is instantly reversible if Kim fails to perform.  He clearly and unequivocally said the sanctions remain, troops remain until the process of denuclearization is sufficiently advanced that it could not be reversed and a stable peace has been achieved. He also said the nuclear umbrella will always remain. 

Trump was clear that in a year he may very well say he was wrong and Kim was not sincere.

Look let's put down our partisanship for a minute and consider that for better or worse he has taken us down this path. If you care more about defusing the Korean peninsula than you do about the potential boost a victory here would give Trump and possibly the Republicans then how does second guessing the president help get us there.  

Agree or disagree with the summit but it is a done deal and before the summit I heard several arguments along the line of Trump is so unstable Korea will never trust him just look at the G7. Signed a statement and then because Trudeau tweeted he withdrew. Never trust Trump.  Well in that same vein if NK sees a world divided on Trump and especially a US divided then it obviously would cause the NK to have trust issues. 

This issue should be off the table and both parties should be supporting Trump. Ok you can put your partisan hat back on.  We both know that from a practical point of view a real victory here would indeed boost Trump and might save the house for Republicans. (the senate will remain Republican in any case). Impeachment and even an indictment all but evaporate in the good will it would create. Trump would stay, the supreme court would probably swing right or very right and Democrats would be looking a more years in desert. SO asking them to risk all that is near impossible. The left will give lip service to a hope for peace but won't be sincere. 

Consider if you are NK and you do hand over your nuclear materials isn't a reasonable question going to be "what if you impeach Trump next month? Will we have given up our weapons for nothing?" Destabilizing Trump hurts America, I think Democrats will let that happen to regains the leadership. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I criticised the intent to hold exercises before the summit because it was brainless to wave a stick at someone and try to make an agreement. I criticised the cancellation of war games after because the president didn't tell anyone and it came as a surprise and for the fact that he didn't get anything in return. Last, it was Republicans who were loudly complaining about it, Joni Ernst and David Perdue were on television biting at the president's feet.

So - you are mad when the President didn't do what you wanted, and when he did, you're mad about that?   Hmmmmm... 

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So - you are mad when the President didn't do what you wanted, and when he did, you're mad about that?   Hmmmmm... 

No, it is easy to see that the president is brainless by his actions. Only an idiot would schedule military exercises during discussions about making peace. Conversely, only an idiot would cancel games and not bother to tell people in advance and ask for nothing in return.

I think I'm more surprised that you couldn't figure that out on your own.

I guess I'm just in the fool me once, shame on you/fool me over and over and over, shame on me crowd.

• Like 1

Just now, badlatitude said:

No, it is easy to see that the president is brainless by his actions. Only an idiot would schedule military exercises during discussions about making peace. Conversely, only an idiot would cancel games and not bother to tell people in advance and ask for nothing in return.

Only an idiot would think that the president had anything to do with the scheduling of an exercise that's been an annual event for more than 30 years ( IIRC), or that cancelling such an event due to the announcement of the possibility of talks w/a belligerent opponent is a desirable thing.   We agree on the second part, but, the inconsistency of your position is laughable. 

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

The military exercises are traditionally in the spring and fall. I would guess scheduled a year or more in advance, but I see no reason they couldn't be postponed on fairly short notice for 60 or 90 days. Could have also cancelled the Spring exercise and doubled up the fall. Someone would have to be an idiot not to see that having war-games on the eve of peace talks is counter-productive.

Only an idiot would think that the president had anything to do with the scheduling of an exercise that's been an annual event for more than 30 years ( IIRC), or that cancelling such an event due to the announcement of the possibility of talks w/a belligerent opponent is a desirable thing.   We agree on the second part, but, the inconsistency of your position is laughable. 

The problem is the idiot who is president doesn't have people up to the job, or all of those details would have been tended to before this show got off the ground. But as Harry Truman said "The buck stops here" Image result for trump pics

9 minutes ago, RKoch said:

The military exercises are traditionally in the spring and fall. I would guess scheduled a year or more in advance, but I see no reason they couldn't be postponed on fairly short notice for 60 or 90 days. Could have also cancelled the Spring exercise and doubled up the fall. Someone would have to be an idiot not to see that having war-games on the eve of peace talks is counter-productive.

I agree, how tone deaf do you have to be to let something like that slip? Leadership? these people never heard about it.

11 minutes ago, RKoch said:

So - you guys are mad that he didn't stop the exercises ahead of time ( wasting the countless man-hours and $$, not to mention the loss of the opportunity for the training scenarios) to ensure a better chance at "success" for the talks, and are mad because he promised to cancel exercises in the future as concession to achieve that same success in the talks?   

I don't agree with his unilateral decisions, but, I think that your perspectives show that you're angry and using this situation as another opportunity to voice that anger. 

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Thanks for being honest about earlier posts.  Some here just like to taunt for the sake of it.  Even Jeff commented on the timing of the exercises.  Point being it was not a vague point made by one poster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Maybe you missed it, your memory is that flawed or you Want to argue for the sake of arguing have fun. 

12 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Maybe you missed it, your memory is that flawed or you Want to argue for the sake of arguing have fun. 

If BL acknowledging he said as much constitutes to you "plenty", I suggest you read a dictionary.

A few?  Maybe. 

Plenty?  Bullshit.

HOMERUN! https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-negotiating-style-is-pure-art-of-the-moron?ref=home

I’m often on the receiving end of the Trumpentariat’s criticisms of Never Trump conservatives.

Don’t I get it? Don’t I love how Trump is achieving the impossible, and soaring to heights to which no other president could aspire? Haven’t I gotten over the election yet? When, oh when, will I finally MAGA? I received an email Tuesday from a Trump fan asking why for once I couldn’t congratulate Donald Trump for his work with North Korea.

Leaving aside my usual critiques of Trump, which are, as you may have noticed, colorful, varied, and pointed, let’s give the president a fair assessment of his week’s activities, and thanks and credit where thanks and credit are due.

Of course, we start when Trump fled the humid confines of Washington, D.C., jetting to Quebec to blow up the G7 summit and take a massive political and rhetorical dump on some of our longest-standing and closest allies. But I’m playing nice, so thank you, Mr. President, for adopting 19th-century trade policies that combine both raging economic illiteracy and inevitably adverse outcomes for America. Well done.

Thank you, because nothing says Presidential Stature like your juvenile dick-waving and insults attacking the heads of state of the G7 nations. Thanks are also in order for deploying your clown-car motorcade of loudmouth, shock-jock aides to make the damage worse.

Great work taking direction from the Home Office in Moscow; you spent more time at the G7 summit doing Vladimir Putin’s bidding than you did strengthening the ties between the United States and our closest allies.

Even so, I’m supposed to thank the president, right? Well, thank you, Donald. You sent a message to our allies in Asia and beyond that you’re willing to compromise their security and ours for an inconsequential photo-op with a hopped-up fatboy dictator who looks like Pyongyang already has a Krispy Kreme and a Popeyes, and he’s the only one allowed to eat in them.

Russia, Iran, Syria, and other bad actors want to thank you, Mr. President. You sent the clearest of signals that sanctions regimes, inspections, and verified denuclearization are no longer relevant in our brave new era of nationalist populist strongmen and Michael Bay knockoff videos.

Evidently, all the bad guys have to do is kiss your ample ass long enough and shower you with enough superficial praise and they can play you like the trifling intellectual lightweight you most certainly are. So, thank you for that reminder.

Nobel Prizes may have been dancing in your head on your way to Singapore, and perhaps the Nobel Committee will fire up the forge and cast you an extra super-glitzy giant prize, out of gratitude. Perhaps the medal will make up for the fact Kim Jong Un took away every single thing he wanted from this meeting, including the propaganda coup of all propaganda coups.

Ever wonder what the consequences of legitimizing a nuclear-armed madman who has used chemical weapons on his own family, starved his people, and engaged in systematic mass murder to retain power might be? Congratulations! You’re about to find out. Us too.

Evidently, the purpose of the trip was to produce a communiqué so shallow, meaningless, and ephemeral that its contents were a combination of already-broken DPRK agreements and back-of-the-envelope wishcasting. Our South Korean allies may seem freaked out, but it’s just their way of appreciating you.

Well done, Mr. President. You got your on-camera handshake with a man who orders the deaths of children. You got your lunch with one of the few remaining dictators on this earth and put the Leader of the Free World on the same level as a hereditary thug who killed his half-brother with chemical weapons.

Good job, Mr. President. You’ve terrified our allies with your cavalier and sloppy art-of-the-moron negotiating style. You’ve told American troops who will remain on the Korean Peninsula they’re no longer going to practice with their Korean counterparts as a deterrent to the North’s long, long history of aggression. I’m sure if the balloon goes up, they’ll thank you for stopping their exercises.

Mission accomplished, Mr. President. You’ve set your fans up for a spectacular comedown when North Korea does what it always does. Right now, they’re cheering themselves hoarse, dancing in the streets, and believing to the bottom of their deplorable little hearts that you’ve denuclearized North Korea, brought Kim to heel, undone the evils done in the Hermit Kingdom for generations, and started building Trump Tower Pyongyang.

Hats off to you, Mr. President. You’ve cut the sinews of a strategic alliance with Japan and South Korea that has contained North Korea, and kept a brake on Chinese power in the Western Pacific.

Thank you, Mr. President, for reminding us that Kim Jong Un is talented. I couldn’t agree more. He’s talented at killing his uncles, half-brothers, cousins, and countrymen with poison, anti-aircraft guns, chemical weapons, and flamethrowers. He’s talented at starving his people, systematically reducing their life expectancy, health, and even height because of the chronic malnutrition his evil policies entail. He’s talented like his father and grandfather before him at rooking Western leaders. They’re talented at proposing deals they never had the slightest intention of keeping.

Heckuva job, Mr. President. No matter what a weapons-grade dumpster fire this week created, you’re safe from congressional oversight, but you know that by now. Nothing you do matters to this Congress. No matter what damage you inflict on our economy, our alliances, trade, our stature in the world, our role as an exemplar of democratic values, our ability to serve as an honest broker in the international community, and our security, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will lay supine before you. (Supine is that position you usually have to pay for, hoss.)

Their evident, constant terror at running afoul of your volcanic temper, lunatic followers, and media cheer squad mutes their tongues and stays their hands even when they should know better. They should fear a world where America is isolated, mistrusted, and weaker economically, morally, and politically. They should worry the acid drip of your rhetorical and moral poison reduces American power and influence.

Instead, they fear their own president, hiding behind furrowed brows and elliptical, mealymouthed expressions of grave concern.

So congratulations, Mr. President. You spent the week deliberately wrecking American alliances and leadership, allied yourself with one of the most egregious enemies of freedom in the world, and abandoned the shared values of our friends like Canada, France, the United Kingdom, Japan, and Germany.

You must be so proud.

38 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

I guess I'm just in the fool me once, shame on you/fool me over and over and over, shame on me crowd.

You must have much shame.

Now that Jacks dear leader has befriended Kim and saved the world from a nuclear Holocaust, he can get on with punishing the evil empire to the north. Maybe Dennis Rodman can travel to Ottawa to try and make them see sense before they are ruined by sanctions. 

What were Canada thinking sending a Prime Minister to the G7 who is taller than Chairman Trump?

• Like 3

Canada needs to kill several thousand of its own citizens in order to earn Trumps respect. Maybe Trudeau can have a few relatives offed, just to show trump who's boss. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Now that Jacks dear leader has befriended Kim and saved the world from a nuclear Holocaust, he can get on with punishing the evil empire to the north. Maybe Dennis Rodman can travel to Ottawa to try and make them see sense before they are ruined by sanctions. 

What were Canada thinking sending a Prime Minister to the G7 who is taller than Chairman Trump?

It wasn't just that he's taller - he's smarter and better looking too. His background makes him what passes for an aristocrat these days.

Everything Trump has always wanted to be and isn't.

45 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It wasn't just that he's taller - he's smarter and better looking too. His background makes him what passes for an aristocrat these days.

Fat, sober and stupid, is no way to go through life.

2 hours ago, RKoch said:

Canada needs to kill several thousand of its own citizens in order to earn Trumps respect. Maybe Trudeau can have a few relatives offed, just to show trump who's boss. 

I think Canada and Mexico should start a nuclear weapons program.

22 minutes ago, bhyde said:

I think Canada and Mexico should start a nuclear weapons program.

Maybe Trudeau will build a wall and make Trump pay for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And he comes from much better stock.  And much richer stock.  plus he learned his trade early.......

DfZ1XldUcAALvZY.jpg.173db291b9b37ed1a4cd3e24abc27293.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

And he comes from much better stock.  And much richer stock.  plus he learned his trade early.......

DfZ1XldUcAALvZY.jpg.173db291b9b37ed1a4cd3e24abc27293.jpg

And Trumps grandfather began the Trump 'fortune' with a whorehouse. And Trump still has to pay for sex.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Maybe Trudeau will build a wall and make Trump pay for it.

I've been saying that since 11/16

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RKoch said:

And Trumps grandfather began the Trump 'fortune' with a whorehouse. And Trump still has to pay for sex.

:lol: You could BUILD a whorehouse for what he's paid for sex.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I listened to all that the president said. He Suspended the war games of which the most recent incarnation was saber rattling for Kim's benefit. He immediately added that they would resume if required. (I bet you conveniently missed that part) It was a gesture that is instantly reversible if Kim fails to perform.  He clearly and unequivocally said the sanctions remain, troops remain until the process of denuclearization is sufficiently advanced that it could not be reversed and a stable peace has been achieved. He also said the nuclear umbrella will always remain. 

Trump was clear that in a year he may very well say he was wrong and Kim was not sincere.

Look let's put down our partisanship for a minute and consider that for better or worse he has taken us down this path. If you care more about defusing the Korean peninsula than you do about the potential boost a victory here would give Trump and possibly the Republicans then how does second guessing the president help get us there.  

Agree or disagree with the summit but it is a done deal and before the summit I heard several arguments along the line of Trump is so unstable Korea will never trust him just look at the G7. Signed a statement and then because Trudeau tweeted he withdrew. Never trust Trump.  Well in that same vein if NK sees a world divided on Trump and especially a US divided then it obviously would cause the NK to have trust issues. 

This issue should be off the table and both parties should be supporting Trump. Ok you can put your partisan hat back on.  We both know that from a practical point of view a real victory here would indeed boost Trump and might save the house for Republicans. (the senate will remain Republican in any case). Impeachment and even an indictment all but evaporate in the good will it would create. Trump would stay, the supreme court would probably swing right or very right and Democrats would be looking a more years in desert. SO asking them to risk all that is near impossible. The left will give lip service to a hope for peace but won't be sincere. 

Consider if you are NK and you do hand over your nuclear materials isn't a reasonable question going to be "what if you impeach Trump next month? Will we have given up our weapons for nothing?" Destabilizing Trump hurts America, I think Democrats will let that happen to regains the leadership. 

wow, you have the ability too read far too much into anything and everything.

I dont care what political party you or any of the posters here support. I dont support any of them.

Ive heard and listened too most of the reported stories from Trump and little Kimmy.

Trump blowing another gasket on AF1, and blaming Canada, for trying to derail his new potential real-estate opportunity, while there on the USA peoples dime, and USA's long term integrity, is the most embarrassing thing that's happen to America since his election, listening too Trump, talk about how nice it would be to develop resorts on the beach, is something you would never hear from any other world leader...  in a situation like this.

NK, has played the rest of the world for three generation's of the Kim family. That wont change.

Little Kim was just luckier then his father, and grand father, to get an easier mark, like Trump, to play....

The entire Kim family should have too face the ICC and answer for all their crimes, against the people of North Korea.

If you support this this tin pot dictator, your really a bigger fool then you appear to be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keith said:

Look let's put down our partisanship for a minute and consider that for better or worse he has taken us down this path. 

Mueller hasn’t a partisan hat to take off, because breaking the law isn’t supposed to be a partisan concept. 

Except for Republicans. Who are trying, yet again, to just “take it easy on this guy.” Trump did it for Flynn, now Nail wants us to do it for Trump. So North Korea can trust him.

I think NM just won the stupid idea on the Internet today award. Congrats

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:

Mueller hasn’t a partisan hat to take off, because breaking the law isn’t supposed to be a partisan concept. 

Except for Republicans. Who are trying, yet again, to just “take it easy on this guy.” Trump did it for Flynn, now Nail wants us to do it for Trump. So North Korea can trust him.

I think NM just won the stupid idea on the Internet today award. Congrats

Do me a favor, when you quote Happy Jack, use his name, not mine, thanks.

18 hours ago, Amati said:

1. Never an expectation? :lol:  We must not tell our Beautiful Leader.

2. But because of this ^^^ you can now be assumed to be in the ‘Wavering’ category.  

3. Before you reflexively assert your right to free speech and thought, you do realize that there is a 3 generation punishment for any slip ups? 

Control your feelings, consumer....

WTF are you talking about?  Show me one thing where the WH said there would be specific, binding agreements that would come out of this initial summit?  If there are, I sure as fuk have not seen it, so please help me out here.

The rest of your #2-3 blather, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.....

17 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Sorry if I misinterpreted your words (copied below) to indicate you felt President Trump was deserving of something.  You were responding to my comment about a Nobel, so it makes sense to assume you were following this in a linear fashion.

20 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
20 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

There, is that better?  I was being sarcasticaltional.

17 hours ago, austin1972 said:
20 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So you're saying we should not even try to make peace with NK because they fooled us before?  My point is that NO summit in the history of mankind that I'm aware of resulted in concrete and binding steps upon the very first meeting of two or more international leaders.  How did the Camp David summit in 2000 work out?  How many meetings did Jimmy Carter have with the two ME leaders before he was able to sign the Camp David Accords?  How many times did Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt meet to plan for the end of WWII?  Do you think they had those final plans all ready, agreed upon and signed on day 1??

My point is that this summit was an initial meeting to lay the ground work and set some principles for how to move forward to do the hard work required.  Chucky Shumer and all the asstards of his elk, including the ones here, who are criticizing and whining that there was nothing concrete in this first meeting need to STFU!  

Yeah, we might be getting fooled again.  But what have we got to lose?  Seriously, Kim already has nukes and intercontinental delivery capabilities that he didn't have previously as a direct result of previous administrations refusing to meeting with NK.  This is a regime who is willing to let their people starve to death and has - so do not see how further sanctions will do anything.  And China would never allow them to collapse anyway.  So what have we got to lose?  If LucyKim pulls the footballs back just as Charlietrump is about to kick it, so what?  We will be no worse off tomorrow than we are today.  And Lucykim is no better off than he is today.  

17 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

And totally predictable.....

17 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't agree with his unilateral decisions, but, I think that your perspectives show that you're angry and using this situation as another opportunity to voice that anger. 

If it were a dark skinned fellow named Barry who did these same things, they would be lining up to give him another Nobel Peace prize participation trophy.  

WTF are you talking about?  Show me one thing where the WH said there would be specific, binding agreements that would come out of this initial summit?  If there are, I sure as fuk have not seen it, so please help me out here.

The rest of your #2-3 blather, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.....

The brilliance of our beautiful leader:

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/23/17270326/north-korea-trump-kim-jong-un-nuclear-missile

although you’ve defined Him in such narrow terms that your hate for Him can never be shaken:  you can not share his tactical brilliance, his optimism and radiant hope,  but only his despair and pessimism.  Our all knowing leader is sensitive, as the Wise Kim has noted, and his enemies effect his good nature!

Our beautiful leader has shown by his Love for Kim that He shares Kim’s love for both of our people- and among the people are

the Core

the Wavering

& the Hostile

You must broaden your Love for our Brilliant Leader.  Let your Hostlity fall like raindrops.

19 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
22 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

There, is that better?  I was being sarcasticaltional.

"Yeah, except the numerous other people here and on the national stage in your elk herd saying the exact same thing leads me to believe its not a joke.  Just saying."

Now, where have I seen that, before?

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Riding PET's coattails is hardly a qualification to lead. BTW how did you come up with taller?  Wow you are right he must be a couple inches taller. Oh wait same scene and Trump grew three inches. We need a better picture where the camera angle does not distort. Here we go. Trudy really wants to win this point look at the effort he made. But the best side by side on solid ground is the last one and sorry guys but Trudy seems to be the loser. 

Trump, Trudeau, G7190995612_download(1).jpg.4eb1abf85da94cc7e860b08416c228eb.jpg

boom.jpg.0440f98ad93416da4253641075450762.jpg

Capghgture.thumb.JPG.e09c761f0df01c0c621e694cab4c74f3.JPG

• Downvote 1

What's a "taylor"?

Besides, it is funny to see the Faithful jump to the defense of their Messiah.  Even on the meaningless stuff.

He's is getting trolled and they are doing their level best to point out how unfair it is.

That is President Trump's favorite word - Unfair!

22 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What's a "taylor"?

Besides, it is funny to see the Faithful jump to the defense of their Messiah.  Even on the meaningless stuff.

He's is getting trolled and they are doing their level best to point out how unfair it is.

That is President Trump's favorite word - Unfair!

The lefties are trolls then? Ok. But seriously who dresses the guy? his mommy? Maybe it rained earlier and his made in Bangladesh suit shrank?

BTW I've met Joseph Philippe Pierre Yves Elliott Trudeau and Justin Time Trudeau  is no Pierre.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

The lefties are trolls then? Ok. But seriously who dresses the guy? his mommy? Maybe it rained earlier and his made in Bangladesh suit shrank?

BTW I've met Joseph Philippe Pierre Yves Elliott Trudeau and Justin Time Trudeau  is no Pierre.

Given the way your Messiah dresses, I don't think you want to invite commentary.

8 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

BTW I've met Joseph Philippe Pierre Yves Elliott Trudeau

Catching sight of him as his security people were throwing you out the door does NOT qualify as having met him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So you're saying we should not even try to make peace with NK because they fooled us before?

No, I am certainly not saying that.

My point is that this summit was an initial meeting to lay the ground work and set some principles for how to move forward to do the hard work required.

I got no solid on that. I think it was platitudes without substance. I was in sales for a long time and it sounds like an opening salvo conversation with little to no guarantees. It's a reach around. I'd put the possibility to close at 20% in my CRM tool when I sold stuff.

Yeah, we might be getting fooled again.  But what have we got to lose?  Face. And giving credibility to KJU on the world stage.

This is a regime who is willing to let their people starve to death and has - so do not see how further sanctions will do anything.

Agreed. I don't think America should give any weight to a dickhead like that based on principle. Sanctions only hurt the citizens but giving him a stage is weird.

And China would never allow them to collapse anyway.  So what have we got to lose?  If LucyKim pulls the footballs back just as Charlietrump is about to kick it, so what?  We will be no worse off tomorrow than we are today.  And Lucykim is no better off than he is today.  

Nice analogy. But think about it. You just admitted that we could get played on the world stage. I want more solid commitments. I get that it's just a start but we caved more than they gave, which was nothing.

JeffB, I am hoping this works out. I really do. Maybe I'm just jaded but I don't see it working. I see buying time, lifting sanctions and then back to the same 'ol same old. Maybe I'm crass but deal with a lot of people and think I've seen this show before. Just dealt with it today. It's not hard. Denuclearize and we promise not to hit them with a nuke. Ever. Don't invade SK and we won't invade you. Ever. If NK wants to join the world, we should help them.

Pretty easy.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

BTW I've met Joseph Philippe Pierre Yves Elliott Trudeau

Catching sight of him as his security people were throwing you out the door does NOT qualify as having met him.

You don't let me message you otherwise I would tell you how I met him.

• Downvote 1

On 6/13/2018 at 2:26 PM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You must have much shame.

I thought you abhorred personal attacks. My only shame is coming here to witness the crazy. Guilty pleasure.

A lot of us remember most everything, including nuance. You might want to consider that at some point.

24 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

If you only understood New yawk people you would understand Trump a bit better. It is a bipolar in your face one minute and best pal the next world where you are judged by the size of the bull you ride to the shitting party. 

Stories are just that. Nobody cares that the story is made up. The message is the analogy or point of the story not the hyperbole, exaggerations or lose facts. Those are there to keep the story interesting. 

I can't count how many hours I spent listening to tall tales from my father's very prominent friends as a teen in NYC. But if you have never experienced that them I get why Trump is so strange to you. 

Some advice stop listening to Trump talks with a goal to catch every error of fact. This media obsession with analysing every speach for the tiniest error is nuts. They completely miss the message and there is a coherent message in there. Secondly try not to only hear the words that you think validate your contempt for Trump.

The perfect example was the other day when people started posting that Trump was permanently ending military joint exercises with SK. Because he continued in the next sentence that they would restart if needed or the situation changes. Dialing back the saber rattling war games is a no lose gesture. They can resume tomorrow if Kim backtracks or if Kim responds favorably they are less urgent. The sticks all remain, adding a carrot is only good negotiating. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

If you only understood New yawk people you would understand Trump a bit better. It is a bipolar in your face one minute and best pal the next world where you are judged by the size of the bull you ride to the shitting party. 

Stories are just that. Nobody cares that the story is made up. The message is the analogy or point of the story not the hyperbole, exaggerations or lose facts. Those are there to keep the story interesting. 

I can't count how many hours I spent listening to tall tales from my father's very prominent friends as a teen in NYC. But if you have never experienced that them I get why Trump is so strange to you. 

Some advice stop listening to Trump talks with a goal to catch every error of fact. This media obsession with analysing every speach for the tiniest error is nuts. They completely miss the message and there is a coherent message in there. Secondly try not to only hear the words that you think validate your contempt for Trump.

{more}

Morgan Stanley was my client. I was there every week for 7 years. I get it just fine. Simply because I'm a cow shit wrangler in part, you make assumptions. I wasn't selling them pencils.

IMG_6966.PNG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

I thought you abhorred personal attacks. My only shame is coming here to witness the crazy. Guilty pleasure.

A lot of us remember most everything, including nuance. You might want to consider that at some point.

Why would you think that? I happily respond according to the rules others set. They have to go first though. 

In you case it was just an off hand play on words joke. If you didn't see it that way, my apologies. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

Morgan Stanley was my client. I was there every week for 7 years. I get it just fine. Simply because I'm a cow shit wrangler in part, you make assumptions. I wasn't selling them pencils.

Well, then you can better understand Trump for it. 

• Downvote 1

It's PA. There are no rules nor a modicum of respect here.

Trump can only get some cred if he delivers. I hope he does but two wingnuts going at it doesn't tend to end well.

Somebody will get pissed and the brawl ensues.

• Like 1