Sign in to follow this  
bplipschitz

Favorite Dilbert

Not to derail the great thread going on Larson, what's your fave Dilbert?  Hard to pick one, but this has made the moves with me across a couple of jobs and many desks.  Still taped to the back of my current door:

dilbert.a.thumb.jpg.cc4697d4390a4538bf3f477d6669942d.jpg

Not a Dilbert cartoon, but it sure as heck could be:

At a major aircraft manufacturer in the Seattle area, Engineering desks are assigned by rank. A fresh, new engineer shares a cube with 4 others. A mid-level engineer gets his own small cube. A lead engineer gets a bigger cube with a small table for conferencing and so it goes. They needed to find a desk for a mid-level manager. This rank rates a private office, but the only offices available were window offices, which typically go to upper level management. So what did they do? ...

You guessed it, they put a big partition in the office to block out the window and put him in there. True story, I've seen the office.

18405-strip1.gif.69e65127b77296e07eb976b637834c44.gif

I use this principle at work. Every Single Day.

Not Dilbert....and I appreciate the corporate humor, and especially enjoyed sharing it with my IT guys. That said........for decades I had this framed picture on the wall in my office. I thought it embodied my career.................:lol:

5696poster_image_1282_1_9.jpg

After working for months with a programmer and learning the lesson that you can't just ask "can this be done" because the answer is always yes. This cartoon came out and it made so much sense to me 

IMG_4172.PNG

Hard to pick a favorite. I had a run of them on my locker when the admin put out a memo requiring all cartoons to be approved prior to posting. The same day the Dilbert cartoon was on humor damaging morale in the office.

Our Chiefs nickname was PHB 

WL

From 4 days ago, Sat June 9.

a421e930418501363597005056a9545d

6 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

my all time fav

media_httpdilbertcomd_jfuku-scaled1000.g

Beat me to it. Had that on the wall next to my office for years.