Frayed Knot Arts

LEFTY??? What DID you do?

..... Ah..... I wonder f Pepe's or Sally's still mail pizzas to wayward expats.....

I dunno about that, but when my inlaws had an anniversary party in FL I had occasion to learn that Hummell's will fedex 5lb of hot dogs wherever.    (of course the way the fedex fee is structured it made way more sense to send 20lb instead)

43 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

..... Ah..... I wonder f Pepe's or Sally's still mail pizzas to wayward expats.....

If you enjoy a Chicago deep dish once in a while, I've done this one............almost as good as dropping in.

https://www.loumalnatis.com/ship-lous

On 7/14/2018 at 1:41 AM, Point Break said:

There are so many reasons it might not be an option including age, not the least of which is the multiple revisions he already had.........but I sense the futility of expressing that point in any detail. 

There are some recent studies that suggest that following a THR correcting significant (greater than 1 inch) post operative leg length discrepancies that 1) is causing a great deal of pain, 2) and cannot be corrected by orthotics, that for some patients externally fixated ”bone lengthening” or osteogenesis may provide some improvement over time. However the current thought is if it is going to be helpful for some patients, that it should be revised as soon as possible after the discrepancy is discovered but certainly prior to 3 months post operatively. It also depends on how long the “spike” that is inserted into the femur, how stable the placement is and how much good bone surrounds the appliance. Anyway, I stopped researching potential leg length discrepancies and corrective options once I decided to do both at the same time. Doing it bilaterally largely eliminates that bad outcome. 

Sure, but being 3 inches shorter than you were means that you have to buy new pants now!  Or did you get the old ones hemmed up?   ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Sure, but being 3 inches shorter than you were means that you have to buy new pants now!  Or did you get the old ones hemmed up?   ;)

Hese retirred, an juste wearres shorttes nowe.                            :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

I live in so Cal.......shorts aren’t a problem...........B)

(edit - damn Snags you beat me to it......)

On 6/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, Point Break said:

If you enjoy a Chicago deep dish once in a while, I've done this one............almost as good as dropping in.

"Chicago deep dish" in't   "Apizza".... That's tomato soup served in a bread bowl.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, Figment said:

I dunno about that, but when my inlaws had an anniversary party in FL I had occasion to learn that Hummell's will fedex 5lb of hot dogs wherever.    (of course the way the fedex fee is structured it made way more sense to send 20lb instead)

Hummel's in Fl...... It boggles the mind.....

I can't imagine what havoc an onslaught of New haven pies would wreak.....:D

25 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm gonna use that..... 

Ummm.. Fake news..  Lous is simply Heaven.  You go on thinking it is soup.  More for us...  :D

https://www.loumalnatis.com/

747cee2860a1f155074d742a73045cd11bcf0775.jpg?origin_v2=1&image_play_button_size=2x&image_crop_resized=960x540&image_play_button=1&image_play_button_color=a30733e0

Best Pizza in Chicago | Lou Malnati's Restaurants

Yea, That's tomato soup in a bread bowl.....  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Pizza ain't a sandwich - the crust should be just barely thick enough to hold the toppings.  You can have my piece of Lou's....  

You do realize that what you are perceiving as crust is actually mozzarella layered up the side of the pan right??  The "crust" is thin, and if you are really passing on a piece of that, well you sir are a dumbass.  

On 6/10/2019 at 8:13 AM, Point Break said:

PB, we are speaking the same language, these troglodytes have no idea...  Now I am usually a thin crust guy (cut in squares of course), but  Once in a while, a pie from Lous just makes the world a better place.  

:PB)

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

You do realize that what you are perceiving as crust is actually mozzarella layered up the side of the pan right??  The "crust" is thin, and if you are really passing on a piece of that, well you sir are a dumbass.  

I've not enjoyed Lou's - but, in general, I found that the crusts on the deep-dish pan-baked Chicago styled pizza were way too thick for my taste.  I prefer the very thin, brick-oven baked Italian style pizzas that aren't overloaded with sauce and toppings.   If that makes my 4 string guitar dumb, sorry, I'll accept that.  

• Like 1

Just now, shaggy said:

PB, we are speaking the same language, these troglodytes have no idea...  Now I am usually a thin crust guy (cut in squares of course), but  Once in a while, a pie from Lous just makes the world a better place.  

:PB)

Succinctly and correctly expressed. Its all good and I love me some thin crust as well but.......Chicago Deep Dish...........oh yes...............

1 hour ago, Figment said:

I know where it is, but have no idea of who's it is...... Or were you suggesting that it looked a little bit like my old shop? (I had a lot more natural ight...)

It's in the right general area to be Dave's and kinda looks like his place, but I was under some vague impression that he had shut down moved elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I know where it is, but have no idea of who's it is...... Or were you suggesting that it looked a little bit like my old shop? (I had a lot more natural ight...)

For $100 - that'd make a fun poke boat for you - you oughta get it... ;-) 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

For $100 - that'd make a fun poke boat for you - you oughta get it... ;-) 

Ille drive it downe to you forra moddeste fee.                          :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Figment said:

It's in the right general area to be Dave's and kinda looks like his place, but I was under some vague impression that he had shut down moved elsewhere.

Dave......................... Dave............................ Is this someone who came to an EBS at Margo's?

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ille drive it downe to you forra moddeste fee.                          :)

How about a dozen Meyer lemons and a quart of honey?.....

Come to think of it, I still need to fix that loose broadstrake on the Marjie B........ Let's hold off.... I'll pay you in advance though....