Frayed Knot Arts

LEFTY??? What DID you do?

Recommended Posts

Sorry for your troubles, goombah!  Who'd you try to kick?  Feel better, heal quickly, drink a lot.  (And water, too...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naaah... sounds like he busticated a femur... now ain't THAT a bugger in Florida in June?

 

'Fess up, Leftovanovich,  how'd ya do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

someone take LH to task?

Nevere, deere boy hase grone up and become a confortte to us alle.          :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

gave up puking off the back of the boat... good for him..

Better than over the bows, I warrant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Nevere, deere boy hase grone up and become a confortte to us alle.          :)

That boy still has amends to make due to his being an insufferable prick in his INOSR days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hobot said:

That boy still has amends to make due to his being an insufferable prick in his INOSR days.

C'mon Hobot, he was something like 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

gave up puking off the back of the boat... good for him..

we made him clean it ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ouchy....does it buff out??

 

feel better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Frayed Knot Arts said:

Naaah... sounds like he busticated a femur... now ain't THAT a bugger in Florida in June?

 

'Fess up, Leftovanovich,  how'd ya do it?

Wes is in FL?:wacko: ...didn't tangle with BG in a beer tent did he?...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grabbler said:

Wes is in FL?:wacko: ...didn't tangle with BG in a beer tent did he?...

Sorrey to bracke it you cupcacke, Wespey and BG wearer louveres......               :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Point Break said:

BG break somebody’s leg? 

Maybe if they trip over him.

He could always hit them with his vespa.  If he could actually drive straight enough while intoxicated.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty big bone and pretty hard to break.  Usually impact with a car dash at a good velocity will do the job. 

Unless LH is  a little guy like Mustang, it wouldn't be so difficult to break a little femur like that.

Whatever, I hope he gets better soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:34 AM, Frayed Knot Arts said:

Naaah... sounds like he busticated a femur... now ain't THAT a bugger in Florida in June?

 

'Fess up, Leftovanovich,  how'd ya do it?

Fell of the pole at the strip club??;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being in the General Forum I thought this would be about Phil Mickelson in the US Open!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, danstanford said:

Being in the General Forum I thought this would be about Phil Mickelson in the US Open!

The joys of being the new guy i guess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys may have misunderstood what happened, when he told someone "a big bone busted inside of me" he was just describing his weekend escapades.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RumLine said:

I think you guys may have misunderstood what happened, when he told someone "a big bone busted inside of me" he was just describing his weekend escapades.

Well played :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RumLine said:

I think you guys may have misunderstood what happened, when he told someone "a big bone busted inside of me" he was just describing his weekend escapades.

XbQtzjs.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RumLine said:

I think you guys may have misunderstood what happened, when he told someone "a big bone busted inside of me" he was just describing his weekend escapades.

 

More like "my big boner exploded outside of me"!!!  :lol::ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

sombodey bustted a moove in wespey?  I dointe thick I wantte to no.                   :)

Vomitted a little...not inside my mouth either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

glad your legs are in good shape,  busticated femur would have put a damper on the rest of your life..

yeah he;s got enough of an issue with his face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He broke his lemur.  I can see where things got garbled in the retelling of the incident. 

Now the real question is what heinous act was he engaged in when he broke the lemur.

Image result for lemur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

He broke his lemur.  I can see where things got garbled in the retelling of the incident. 

Now the real question is what heinous act was he engaged in when he broke the lemur.

Image result for lemur

Always, always, always wrap them with duct tape before you start. Keeps them from exploding.

 

Err, my friend told me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

He broke his lemur.  I can see where things got garbled in the retelling of the incident. 

Now the real question is what heinous act was he engaged in when he broke the lemur.

Image result for lemur

Image result for bug eyed actor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truth.

 On June 10th, at 11:45PM I went outside for a midnight piss (After having been blissfully asleep for nearly 3 hours).  On my way back in I tripped over my own floppy big feet, lost my balance and landed on the door sill on my right thigh. After a few futile attempts at standing up I looked a little like Joe Thighsman on that memorable last play of his. Spiral fracture of the main femur, and a straight across fracture of the femoral collar.

 Painful. Don't try this at home (Or anywhere else.) Just got home a few hours ago.

Looking forward to some real food, a decent night's sleep, and 5-6 months of rehab therapy.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

Truth.

 On June 10th, at 11:45PM I went outside for a midnight piss (After having been blissfully asleep for nearly 3 hours).  On my way back in I tripped over my own floppy big feet, lost my balance and landed on the door sill on my right thigh. After a few futile attempts at standing up I looked a little like Joe Thighsman on that memorable last play of his. Spiral fracture of the main femur, and a straight across fracture of the femoral collar.

 Painful. Don't try this at home (Or anywhere else.) Just got home a few hours ago.

Looking forward to some real food, a decent night's sleep, and 5-6 months of rehab therapy.....

Now....imagine they slice you open, dislocate your hip, cut off the top of your femur and drill a hole to drive a spike down into it. Then take a Dremel, roto the cup in your pelvis, hammer a new cup in place, stick it all back together and sew you up. Do that to both hips, then that evening after the morning surgery tell you to get up out of bed and take a short walk.........and it’s still less painful than it was before the surgery.........oh baby......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Truth.

 On June 10th, at 11:45PM I went outside for a midnight piss (After having been blissfully asleep for nearly 3 hours).  On my way back in I tripped over my own floppy big feet, lost my balance and landed on the door sill on my right thigh. After a few futile attempts at standing up I looked a little like Joe Thighsman on that memorable last play of his. Spiral fracture of the main femur, and a straight across fracture of the femoral collar.

 Painful. Don't try this at home (Or anywhere else.) Just got home a few hours ago.

Looking forward to some real food, a decent night's sleep, and 5-6 months of rehab therapy.....

Indoor plumbing and electricity are now found in all modern day homes. Had no idea they were femur protection systems 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Truth.

 On June 10th, at 11:45PM I went outside for a midnight piss (After having been blissfully asleep for nearly 3 hours).  On my way back in I tripped over my own floppy big feet, lost my balance and landed on the door sill on my right thigh. After a few futile attempts at standing up I looked a little like Joe Thighsman on that memorable last play of his. Spiral fracture of the main femur, and a straight across fracture of the femoral collar.

 Painful. Don't try this at home (Or anywhere else.) Just got home a few hours ago.

Looking forward to some real food, a decent night's sleep, and 5-6 months of rehab therapy.....

So sorrey to hearer buddey, wisheng youspeedey recoiverrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Indoor plumbing and electricity are now found in all modern day homes. Had no idea they were femur protection systems 

Yeah, but he's in Florida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Indoor plumbing and electricity are now found in all modern day homes. Had no idea they were femur protection systems 

Burt's line at 1:40 saye sit alle.........

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear.... I was engaging in experimental deer/vegetable garden suppression efforts (long ago found to be futile, but it's a good excuse to go outside on a balmy summer night, and let fly...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Just to be clear.... I was engaging in experimental deer/vegetable garden suppression efforts (long ago found to be futile, but it's a good excuse to go outside on a balmy summer night, and let fly...).

Merlle, you dointe haffte to macke exciusses withe us.  We our hearer t o supportte you no mattiere what.  So wearer you acttiualley abelle to pisse on the deere?       :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Merlle, you dointe haffte to macke exciusses withe us.  We our hearer t o supportte you no mattiere what.  So wearer you acttiualley abelle to pisse on the deere?       :)

No, but i'm sure the blue and red flashing strobes on the ambulance and fire truck ruined their peaceful evening meal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't tell me you didn't see this coming...then again, might've been before your time...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Just to be clear.... I was engaging in experimental deer/vegetable garden suppression efforts (long ago found to be futile, but it's a good excuse to go outside on a balmy summer night, and let fly...).

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Just to be clear.... I was engaging in experimental deer/vegetable garden suppression efforts (long ago found to be futile, but it's a good excuse to go outside on a balmy summer night, and let fly...).

jesus, just saw this thread..thought you'd been bannned from the lowest forum below the bilge in my absence :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

jesus, just saw this thread..thought you'd been bannned from the lowest forum below the bilge in my absence :D

No such luck.

 The moderator here is:

A: rational.

B: not subject to outside invisible financial forces.

C: Not a lemon sucking cringing panty waist.

D: all of the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrleft8,

Sorry to hear it mate, best wishes on the recovery. Just to make you feel better, my darling wife managed to break both her wrists a few weeks ago, surgery and plates now inserted to hold all the bits together. 

Sadly, no heroic deed could be blamed. She stepped on the pedal on the kitchen bin, and managed to jam her slipper in it when she stepped back, overbalanced and put her hands out behind her to stop the fall.

Oops.

I can remember our wedding day, and I’m absolutely certain there was no clause in there about “and thou shalt wipe your beloved’s arse until death do us part”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 3:26 PM, Point Break said:

Now....imagine they slice you open, dislocate your hip, cut off the top of your femur and drill a hole to drive a spike down into it. Then take a Dremel, roto the cup in your pelvis, hammer a new cup in place, stick it all back together and sew you up. Do that to both hips, then that evening after the morning surgery tell you to get up out of bed and take a short walk.........and it’s still less painful than it was before the surgery.........oh baby......

oh man I thought you were all that .... having a MORE - EXPENSIVE  Moterhome than my popup tent trailer that was the subject of the topic of a long killed thread

 But weight therez more

you TRUMPED the pour guy sharing his pain TOO :-O

 

WE AINT WORTHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

oh man I thought you were all that .... having a MORE - EXPENSIVE  Moterhome than my popup tent trailer that was the subject of the topic of a long killed thread

 But weight therez more

you TRUMPED the pour guy sharing his pain TOO :-O

 

WE AINT WORTHY

Meh..my son had more and worser surgery to Femur, fibula and tibia ..then fell down the stairs bent the rod, rebroke the femur and started over again..when just 17 and he didn't cry..cup of cement time ..Chopper Reid can go fuck himself :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 17 you bounce a few times before you break... Softens the blow, dulls the pain.

They sliced me open in 4 places to mend the bone fractures. The pain from the sutures (staples on the outside) was almost as bad as the bone fracture pain, and the itching was/is fairly annoying too. I hear I'm glad that they didn't put me in a full leg/hip cast, which heal faster than the no cast/pin the snot out of the break method, but have a higher rate of needing repair a few months in....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After my last surgery to repair femur/hip, i dislocated the damn thing 2 days after i got out of hospital.  It happened on a Saturday while reaching across my body to get a glass of H2O.  It being a sat, I had to wait till mon to get it fixed..  Doc asked wifie how many drugs are left..  Then said have him take them all...  When i rolled in on Monday, they attempted to get it back in by having 3 really large male nurses hold me down while the other 2 proceeded to yank on my leg for 10 mins to get my hip back in..  After that they determined it was not gonna go, so off to surgery again..  Now this is all 2nd hand from wifie explaining what went on as I cant remember shit from the time it dislocated to waking up in recovery room Mon afternoon.  Apparently I passed out after first yank...  Fun stuff..<_<:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shaggy said:

After my last surgery to repair femur/hip, i dislocated the damn thing 2 days after i got out of hospital.  It happened on a Saturday while reaching across my body to get a glass of H2O.  It being a sat, I had to wait till mon to get it fixed..  Doc asked wifie how many drugs are left..  Then said have him take them all...  When i rolled in on Monday, they attempted to get it back in by having 3 really large male nurses hold me down while the other 2 proceeded to yank on my leg for 10 mins to get my hip back in..  After that they determined it was not gonna go, so off to surgery again..  Now this is all 2nd hand from wifie explaining what went on as I cant remember shit from the time it dislocated to waking up in recovery room Mon afternoon.  Apparently I passed out after first yank...  Fun stuff..<_<:(

Man your hip journey has been a SOB. At some point is a total replacement indicated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

At 17 you bounce a few times before you break... Softens the blow, dulls the pain.

They sliced me open in 4 places to mend the bone fractures. The pain from the sutures (staples on the outside) was almost as bad as the bone fracture pain, and the itching was/is fairly annoying too. I hear I'm glad that they didn't put me in a full leg/hip cast, which heal faster than the no cast/pin the snot out of the break method, but have a higher rate of needing repair a few months in....

Damn son - when you go for broke, you really do it up right, don't'cha? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, shaggy said:

  Apparently I passed out after first yank...  Fun stuff..<_<:(

Yah.............

 Apparently I passed out several times from transfers from ground to backboard/ back board to gurney/ gurney to bed/ gurney to MRI table/ MRI table to gurney/etc. in the first couple of days before the surgery. I do remember screaming like I don't think I've ever screamed before when the MRI guy decided he could transfer me to the MRI table by himself with just a blanket under me. That was when he jammed my now completely sideways foot into the gurney rail... Just before everything went black until he and a house cleaning guy tried to move me off the MRI table back onto the gurney with just the blanket...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Damn son - when you go for broke, you really do it up right, don't'cha? 

Apparently yes.... Ever seen a chicken leg bone that someone has bitten into to suck the marrow out of?

 That's what the spiral fracture looks like in the x-ray. Except Femurs aren't marrow bones, they're more or less solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Apparently yes.... Ever seen a chicken leg bone that someone has bitten into to suck the marrow out of?

 That's what the spiral fracture looks like in the x-ray. Except Femurs aren't marrow bones, they're more or less solid.

Well - whatever ya did, I'm guessing you're smart enough to not do it again. ;-)    Hope ya heal quickly and completely, being bunged up like that has got to be a big cramp in your style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Point Break said:

Man your hip journey has been a SOB. At some point is a total replacement indicated? 

Yea, that was after the total replacement.  The femur healed wrong the first go when they tried to save the first prosthetic.  So round 3 was to do the full replacement.  I was looking at life with a leg 1" shorter than the other if they just left it alone...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Yea, that was after the total replacement.  The femur healed wrong the first go when they tried to save the first prosthetic.  So round 3 was to do the full replacement.  I was looking at life with a leg 1" shorter than the other if they just left it alone...  

Jeepers, I feel like mine was a stroll in the garden. Tough road. How is it now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No more late night garden pissing for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first one was cake like you experienced.  The 2nd one, since I fell, was tons more difficult as they had to reconstruct the whole femur.  3rd I was looking forward to so they could fix all the shit that healed wrong.  The dislocation was by far the most painful....  I really did loose 3 days...  <_<  I am basically back to the point I was after the first one, but I find myself being less adventurous and more careful when I climb ladders.  :)   I just did LBRW, as I did in 2015, using that as a yard stick, I am pretty much back to normal.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

The first one was cake like you experienced.  The 2nd one, since I fell, was tons more difficult as they had to reconstruct the whole femur.  3rd I was looking forward to so they could fix all the shit that healed wrong.  The dislocation was by far the most painful....  I really did loose 3 days...  <_<  I am basically back to the point I was after the first one, but I find myself being less adventurous and more careful when I climb ladders.  :)   I just did LBRW, as I did in 2015, using that as a yard stick, I am pretty much back to normal.   

I am being SOOOOOO careful to avoid anything that could cause a fall......at least for a while longer. Since I did them both at the same time it took a few weeks to feel at all stable walking. I’m 4 months post op now and starting to do quite a few more things......bike, hike not just walk, going to hit the SUP next week (been working on getting up from prone)...and started playing pickleball last week....never heard of it before, it’s pretty fun. Gonna try to go for a sail in a few weeks as well. It’s a lotta boat at 47 feet so I’m gonna take my son along for the first few times and see how strong I feel.

I saw the surgeon at 3 months and he said “All looks good, go for it. Just don’t be stupid. See you next Feb”. So I told him, “I’m a fireman.....we’re inherently stupid.....I need a little more specificity than that”. We had a laugh. Basically falls and impact loads are not a good idea. Pretty much everything else is on the table.

Got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at 30-50Lb. max load on my right leg for the next 6 weeks at least.

 Not real happy about the estimated recovery time to "Back to normal" of 6 months to a year, if ever, but I guess that's not as bad as "If it heals wrong we have to re-break it and start over from the beginning" with no better chances that the second time will be better/ faster/ less painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I'm at 30-50Lb. max load on my right leg for the next 6 weeks at least.

 Not real happy about the estimated recovery time to "Back to normal" of 6 months to a year, if ever, but I guess that's not as bad as "If it heals wrong we have to re-break it and start over from the beginning" with no better chances that the second time will be better/ faster/ less painful.

I was at no weight but me for 6 weeks and after that a max of 25# for 1st three months. Now no restrictions. My advice is DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY RECOMMEND. It’s not the first time they’ve done this. 

Good luck. (Get off the pain meds as soon as you can or you may never shit again........).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaggy said:

The first one was cake like you experienced.  The 2nd one, since I fell, was tons more difficult as they had to reconstruct the whole femur.  3rd I was looking forward to so they could fix all the shit that healed wrong.  The dislocation was by far the most painful....  I really did loose 3 days...  <_<  I am basically back to the point I was after the first one, but I find myself being less adventurous and more careful when I climb ladders.  

Do NOT mention ladders to me. About 15 years ago when I was building my house I leaned too far out, the ladder went one way, I went the other 12' down onto a concrete slab. Humerus, radius & ulna all broken in multiple places (totally smashed elbow), fractured pelvic girdle, damaged shoulder.

Luckily I had my cellphone in my pocket as I was working alone and about to go away for a week so nobody would have looked for me. I rang a friend of mine nearby & we tried *once* to get me up which is when the fractured pelvic girdle made itself obvious. Plan B was calling the ambulance.

12 days in hospital & 3 general anaesthetics later I had a reconstructed elbow with lots of pins & plates and the permanent loss of full extension plus maybe 60% of previous strength. And that was after 9 months of intensive physiotherapy. It was also my dominant arm. I am now very ambidextrous.

I was very, very lucky as I could easily have broken my neck. I went back to sea, finished the house, built a big shed and then built my 12m steel boat so I haven't let the damage stop me. I do think a lot more carefully about ladders nowadays, though, and welded the full lifelines onto the hull at a very early stage in the build.

Now I'm getting some arthritis in the fractured hip joint as I was warned would happen. But - it's all good compared to the possibilities I dodged.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, I think I may forego my urinary assault on the groundhog burrows now.

 

Glad to see you back in the land of Imaginary Friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 5:04 AM, shaggy said:

Yea, that was after the total replacement.  The femur healed wrong the first go when they tried to save the first prosthetic.  So round 3 was to do the full replacement.  I was looking at life with a leg 1" shorter than the other if they just left it alone...  

I doubt it..they grew my sons femur 1" over 10 days..No external frame or wires..just a internal rod and a very big rotating magnet thingy..Did it himself at home..amazing what they can do these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, Shortforbob said:

I doubt it..they grew my sons femur 1" over 10 days..No external frame or wires..just a internal rod and a very big rotating magnet thingy..Did it himself at home..amazing what they can do these days

OK, Well you can tell that to the orthopedic surgeon that was telling me to put a 1" lift in my shoe for the rest of my life...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

OK, Well you can tell that to the orthopedic surgeon that was telling me to put a 1" lift in my shoe for the rest of my life...  

You shoude notte argue with crazey men, they cane cauze moocho trubbelle.   Smille and walkle on by.                           :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shaggy said:

OK, Well you can tell that to the orthopedic surgeon that was telling me to put a 1" lift in my shoe for the rest of my life...  

how long ago was your op?

Anyone can have a bone grown these days..simple process..cut the bone in half make a small gap between the two ends, insert telescoping rod..with a thread in it.

stitch up wound.

lie on a couch for 10 days applying rotating magnet to the wound site every 4 hours..the magnet pulls the bone apart at the same time the body is trying to bridge the gap with new bone growth.

its a fairly new technique that's taken over what an Ilizaroff frame used to do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

how long ago was your op?

Anyone can have a bone grown these days..simple process..cut the bone in half make a small gap between the two ends, insert telescoping rod..with a thread in it.

stitch up wound.

lie on a couch for 10 days applying rotating magnet to the wound site every 4 hours..the magnet pulls the bone apart at the same time the body is trying to bridge the gap with new bone growth.

its a fairly new technique that's taken over what an Ilizaroff frame used to do.

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

how long ago was your op?

Anyone can have a bone grown these days..simple process..cut the bone in half make a small gap between the two ends, insert telescoping rod..with a thread in it.

stitch up wound.

lie on a couch for 10 days applying rotating magnet to the wound site every 4 hours..the magnet pulls the bone apart at the same time the body is trying to bridge the gap with new bone growth.

its a fairly new technique that's taken over what an Ilizaroff frame used to do.

 

That's likely the problem - the US health system can't figure out how to make an extortionate profit from something like that, therefore it can't be spoken of.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's likely the problem - the US health system can't figure out how to make an extortionate profit from something like that, therefore it can't be spoken of.

FKT

It's not entirely a DIY job..Maybe I should have included a "Warning..do not try this at home" for snags :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With one leg shorter than the other, wouldn't it be more of a "Hop on by..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 12:48 AM, Shortforbob said:

prefere this version

 

 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:18 PM, Timo42 said:

With one leg shorter than the other, wouldn't it be more of a "Hop on by..."

 

On 7/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, silent bob said:

Ilene?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 2:42 AM, Mrleft8 said:

No such luck.

 The moderator here is:

A: rational.

B: not subject to outside invisible financial forces.

C: Not a lemon sucking cringing panty waist.

D: all of the above.

D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zapata said:

D.

Glad I included option "D:"

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, Shortforbob said:

how long ago was your op?

Anyone can have a bone grown these days..simple process..cut the bone in half make a small gap between the two ends, insert telescoping rod..with a thread in it.

stitch up wound.

lie on a couch for 10 days applying rotating magnet to the wound site every 4 hours..the magnet pulls the bone apart at the same time the body is trying to bridge the gap with new bone growth.

its a fairly new technique that's taken over what an Ilizaroff frame used to do.

 

No, not really. 

The human body doesn’t take “one size fits all” solutions. Try that on someone who has osteoporosis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkey said:

No, not really. 

The human body doesn’t take “one size fits all” solutions. Try that on someone who has osteoporosis. 

There are so many reasons it might not be an option including age, not the least of which is the multiple revisions he already had.........but I sense the futility of expressing that point in any detail. 

There are some recent studies that suggest that following a THR correcting significant (greater than 1 inch) post operative leg length discrepancies that 1) is causing a great deal of pain, 2) and cannot be corrected by orthotics, that for some patients externally fixated ”bone lengthening” or osteogenesis may provide some improvement over time. However the current thought is if it is going to be helpful for some patients, that it should be revised as soon as possible after the discrepancy is discovered but certainly prior to 3 months post operatively. It also depends on how long the “spike” that is inserted into the femur, how stable the placement is and how much good bone surrounds the appliance. Anyway, I stopped researching potential leg length discrepancies and corrective options once I decided to do both at the same time. Doing it bilaterally largely eliminates that bad outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites