Prof Anthrax

Weed or Hash ?

IIRC hash was always regarded as very upmarket over weed.

A Cadillac to weeds Chevy.

Choose the one that makes you smarter and more ambitious.

Pan-galactic-gargleblaster..  It's the only way foreward, If you want to live in the past...  well.  That's on u...

When living in the US Hash was rare and so special, here it's normal but still I have something inside that says ohhh wow Hash.
Mostly prefer weed but Hash is nice if you have to carry it around.

• Like 1

I once showed some Berber tribesmen in a remote part of Morocco how to smoke hash under glass.

We didn't have a sewing pin to put the chunk on so used the auger blade of my pocket knife.

When I left, they were searching around for a new piece of wire or something to use.

Just doing my part to spread cultural awareness.

33 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I once showed some Berber tribesmen in a remote part of Morocco how to smoke hash under glass.

We didn't have a sewing pin to put the chunk on so used the auger blade of my pocket knife.

When I left, they were searching around for a new piece of wire or something to use.

Just doing my part to spread cultural awareness.

We used to do that when I was a young GI in Germany in the '70s.  We rarely saw weed but hash was easy to get.  Black, blond, green, and red.  $20.00 for 10 grams.  The black was the best.

8 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

We used to do that when I was a young GI in Germany in the '70s.  We rarely saw weed but hash was easy to get.  Black, blond, green, and red.  $20.00 for 10 grams.  The black was the best.

They looked at us like we must be from another planet when we asked for weed. And I asked around the whole country. It couldn't be found. Hash was everywhere and commonly mixed with rolled cigarettes. And smoked everywhere, including on a bus or train.

It made me wonder where the heck the hash came from? There must be plants, right? But the idea of just smoking the one plant instead of mixing the hash with another plant just didn't occur to them, nor did any of the various ways of smoking hash by itself. Asking them to consume cannabis without tobacco would be like asking an American to just eat his coffee and skip the whole water part.

Just curious.... what is the EU's legal stance on marijuana/hash ?     With the US quasi-legalizing via individual state mandate, curious if the EU is following suit or perhaps light-years ahead of the US.....  Though I recall reading AMS was criminalizing ?

well with all the boutique weed out there and hight strength too , I doubt hash can be found any more,  haven't seen or heard about it in years.. or thai stick..

back in school,  volunteered as a roadie when bob seger came onto campus to help out the paid guys..  a lot of the volunteers left right after the concert but those that stayed to the end helping ,  one of the paid guys comes over pulls out a baggie of black hash the size of his fist to thank us for sticking around.. ..  we had fun that night.. no he didn't give it all to us..  .. ..  we had fun that night.

It kinda comes down to CBD vs. THC. Hash tends to be CBD heavy, herb tends to be THC heavy,

https://www.quora.com/Does-hash-contain-more-CBD-and-less-THC-than-weed

If you want to get high, THC. If you want to chill, CBD. In cannabis-legal states, it's less of an issue, you'll usually know your CBD vs THC content from the label, weed, wax, shatter, powder, gummies, etc..

A little aside ...

I was thinking today how much things have changed. Urban horticulturists are pulling six figure incomes. If someone wanted to become an urban horticulturalist back in the 1990s, they would have resigned themselves to poverty.

4 hours ago, IrieMon said:

Just curious.... what is the EU's legal stance on marijuana/hash ?     With the US quasi-legalizing via individual state mandate, curious if the EU is following suit or perhaps light-years ahead of the US.....  Though I recall reading AMS was criminalizing ?

I don't know what the EU's stance is, here in Germany where I have been living the last 18 years the legalization movement is getting stronger. Medical has been legalized but very very few can get a prescriptions. Big differences between the states, very conservative  Bavaria and the East or more open states like NRW. Several city's are starting to experiment with legal sales but still have a ways to go.I  think France and Spain are still pretty far away from it but it's everywhere. The legal US states are certainly showing the way.

Things in The Netherlands are pretty much the same. A few years ago they passed a law that you had to  be a resident to get the WietPass to go in a Coffeeshop but most city's wide not to enact it. Certainly most of the bigger city's, the Randstad city's Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam it's bushiness as usual. I was just in Lylestad  sailing, there the Shops are closed to tourists. A few km's away in Almere or Enkhuizen they're open.

I wonder how is it in Portugal, all is decriminalized but how is Cannabis.

You want both THC and CBD;
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-how-cbd-counteracts-thc-n377

Its getting tough in the Netherlands to find low THC weed, the stuff is getting higher and higher in content.
I liked to mellow out once a month or so in the past, put on a movie and relax...
Its so easy when you can buy legal. But how older you get how less you seem to use it, at least here in the Netherlands.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

I was thinking today how much things have changed. Urban horticulturists are pulling six figure incomes. If someone wanted to become an urban horticulturalist back in the 1990s, they would have resigned themselves to poverty.

Not around here. Indoor grow ops were pulling three crops a year at six figures each.

Why else would the gangs have gotten involved?

10 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

They looked at us like we must be from another planet when we asked for weed. And I asked around the whole country. It couldn't be found. Hash was everywhere and commonly mixed with rolled cigarettes. And smoked everywhere, including on a bus or train.

It made me wonder where the heck the hash came from? There must be plants, right? But the idea of just smoking the one plant instead of mixing the hash with another plant just didn't occur to them, nor did any of the various ways of smoking hash by itself. Asking them to consume cannabis without tobacco would be like asking an American to just eat his coffee and skip the whole water part.

Wait, there's water?

My choice is derived from the characteristics of the high and the taste. Shitting tasting weed or hash sucks even if the high is great.

I don't care too much for two step (how long your memory last) but enjoy the realm of thought good weed gets you to.

Oh, that and pain management and sleep aid.

• Like 1

A Bitburger dekka, a pin shoved in the center, a stollen chow hall glass. 

A bent beer can with holes poked in it. 

' In the day's of my youth 

I learned what it is to be a 

Man' .

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Not around here. Indoor grow ops were pulling three crops a year at six figures each.

Why else would the gangs have gotten involved?

Back in the 1990s when I was a printer, a money-is-no-object client requestes hemp paper stock for a job. It was only available from Canada, and it was about 2x the price per sheet than the best U.S. rag stock. It was good paper, but not as good as rag.

I assume that us Yanks are now allowed to grow industrial hemp?

6 hours ago, d'ranger said:

lol - I think that would be the Corned Beef (hash)

That's my point. Pot and hash dull the brain. As my son has said, it's so much fun to be smart, why would you make yourself stupid on purpose? BTW, he was accepted to college after the 9th grade, until they saw how small he was. He went to college after 10th grade. He enough smarter than me that he should walk me on a leash like a pet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

……. Pot and hash dull the brain. As my son has said, it's so much fun to be smart, why would you make yourself stupid on purpose? ……..

I have to disagree.

A dull mind will be further dulled by whatever intoxicant the organism consumes. Boring and lazy traits will be reinforced.

A bright creative mind will be stimulated by judicious use of cannabis, leading to all manner of good work and enhanced enjoyment. From Satchmo to Dylan to Carl Sagan to Steve Jobs to Obama to Richard Branson and many more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

That's my point. Pot and hash dull the brain.

So does booze - and it makes a lot of people violent too.

In many cases a little less ambition would be a good thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy said:

I have to disagree.

A dull mind will be further dulled by whatever intoxicant the organism consumes. Boring and lazy traits will be reinforced.

A bright creative mind will be stimulated by judicious use of cannabis, leading to all manner of good work and enhanced enjoyment. From Satchmo to Dylan to Carl Sagan to Steve Jobs to Obama to Richard Branson and many more.

Agree. There are far too many exceedingly intelligent people who have done exceedingly intelligent and creative work while high, to toss cannabis into the old "makes you stupid" cliche.

I'm not even sure that there is anything so special about cannabis that it does that. If any natural substance was politically removed from our lives, from magnesium to Vitamin D, I'll bet that redosing ourselves with it would give us an edge, and create wondrous new vocabularies ...

knot splitter: n. A toilet baby of impressive, nipsy-challenging girth. ‘Gerry (alarmed): What was that scream, Margot? Are you alright in there? (Flush sounds. Toilet door opens. Margot appears, holding doorframe to steady herself) Margot: Get me a gin and tonic, Gerry, and make it a large one. Gerry (pouring drink): What's happened? Margot: That's the last time I eat a slice of Tom and Barbara's Broad Bean Flan. I've just done a knot splitter in there that's probably blocked the drains from Surbiton to Thames Ditton. (Tom appears at the French windows in wellingtons.) Tom: Have you just started the extractor fan in your bathroom, Margot? Margot: Yes. Why? Tom: Well, three of my pigs have just fainted. FX: 10 seconds of canned laughter. Cue theme music and end titles.' (Extract from script of The Good Life Christmas Special, BBC TV 1978). -- Roger's Profanisaurus

Those that feel stupid on pot were already there or don't allow themselves to utilize the potential of the drug. Plenty of weed out there that will get you to either place. You guys are still thinking Tommy Chong instead of Carl Sagan. There is a reason they call it "mind expanding". Silicone Valley drug of choice? LSD.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guitar said:

Those that feel stupid on pot were already there or don't allow themselves to utilize the potential of the drug. Plenty of weed out there that will get you to either place. You guys are still thinking Tommy Chong instead of Carl Sagan. There is a reason they call it "mind expanding". Silicone Valley drug of choice? LSD.

Aren’t they in Silicone Valley all into microdosing.?

• Downvote 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, the_abandoned_brane said:

None of the above. Strongest chemical I do is diet pepsi. My life is better for it.

and fucking a tranny in his brown starfish.  NTTAWWT.

4 hours ago, Guitar said:

Ding!

19 hours ago, Prof Anthrax said:

A Bitburger dekka, a pin shoved in the center, a stollen chow hall glass. 

A bent beer can with holes poked in it. 

' In the day's of my youth 

I learned what it is to be a 

Man' .

An apple (or pear), a few holes put in it with a pencil, and some aluminum foil. . .

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

and fucking a tranny in his brown starfish.  NTTAWWT.

I don't usually call people out, but please stop private messaging me about the particulars of my sex life. Thank you for your cooperation. 

• Like 2

Back in the late 60's/ early 70's, there was a well-established overland hash trail from Kabul to London.

A guy I met went LND-KBL on a Yamaha dirt bike, came back with the frame tubes, seat, and half a jerry can stuffed with finest Afghani Black.

He made enough money to buy a new Range Rover, and off to Kabul he went again. The hash merchant he dealt with had moulds to make Range Rover door panels, dash panels, load bed floor, and various other bits out of hash. The Range Rover had only been on the market for a year in 1971, but those guys were on it. 

They also had moulds to build most of the non-structural interior panels of several models of Mercedes sedans.  The shaped hash panels were coated perfectly, only way to detect the hash was by scratching hard and deep with a screwdriver. Loads of around 40 kilos, pretty much undetectable.

It was many years before European customs wised up to it, and even then it was simply a matter of using a new Mercedes S-Class, changing in Greece to drivers with conservative clothes, good manners and short hair, no Afghan stamps in their passport.

For the record: this was all told to me by a guy I met. I don't recall his name. I've never been to Kabul. 

Getting paid for driving a Mercedes 350SE from Athens to London was fun, though. He said.

We need peace to return to Afghanistan, for the mellow enjoyment of all mankind.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, Cruisin Loser said:

Choose the one that makes you smarter and more ambitious.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:06 PM, Cruisin Loser said:

That's my point. Pot and hash dull the brain. As my son has said, it's so much fun to be smart, why would you make yourself stupid on purpose? BTW, he was accepted to college after the 9th grade, until they saw how small he was. He went to college after 10th grade. He enough smarter than me that he should walk me on a leash like a pet. 

In answer to your son's question: because I don't need to be all that smart nor ambitious to float around in the pond listening to tunes and talking to friends. In such a situation, some alcohol or other drug can be fun. It can be fun without being smart. It can be fun while making us less smart. Humans are not the only animals that enjoy intoxication. Why is it fun? Why is sailing?

That's a valid point Tom. If that's how you have fun, have at it.

I disagree, however, with those who believe that it makes you creative or gives you special insight. I play blues several nights a week, a couple of the guys think smoking a little weed makes them better musicians. They're wrong. Very wrong.  Listening to music and trying to play it are two very different things. I don't think that pot or alcohol have any business around drilling rigs, heavy equipment, the bridges of large ships, or my office.

I think it should be legal, because I don't think it's any business of the Government how people choose to spend their money and time. I would still choose to not use it, but don't think less, in general, of those who do.

5 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

a couple of the guys think smoking a little weed makes them better musicians

that there is an awful large argument to open ......................

37 minutes ago, Mid said:

that there is an awful large argument to open ......................

Not in the case of the guys in question. Their timing and ability to keep track of anything other than simple 1-4-5 chord changes diminishes noticeably.  I probably wouldn't care if I were high as well. 

I know that there is a long tradition of great musicians doing tons of drugs. I'm of the opinion that they made/make great music in spite of, not because of the drug use. YMMV.

3 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

in spite of, not because of

and here's me outa greens .

3 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I don't think that pot or alcohol have any business around drilling rigs, heavy equipment, the bridges of large ships, or my office.

A pointless point.

Neither does alcohol or any other intoxicants.

Smoking weed is for play time only, just like the others.

8 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

That's a valid point Tom. If that's how you have fun, have at it.

I disagree, however, with those who believe that it makes you creative or gives you special insight. I play blues several nights a week, a couple of the guys think smoking a little weed makes them better musicians. They're wrong. Very wrong.

Are they?

Why are you playing? I'd guess for fun. They are too. And that makes it more fun. For them.

Perhaps not for you or the audience, but perhaps you and the audience should have a little drink or take a little toke and mellow out. Playing the song perfectly and having the most fun with the song are not necessarily the same thing.

8 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I don't think that pot or alcohol have any business around drilling rigs, heavy equipment, the bridges of large ships, or my office.

I think it should be legal, because I don't think it's any business of the Government how people choose to spend their money and time. I would still choose to not use it, but don't think less, in general, of those who do.

As Sloop says, play time only for intoxicants. But not if your fun includes controversial tools.

I think less of those who think there's no time other than play time.

I also think less of addicts. My brother was an alcoholic for decades. He'd lie, he'd endanger others, he did lots of things that made me think less of him. He hasn't had a drink in a few years now and I think more of him.

I think it's because I helped him instead of rejecting him when he did things to make me think less of him. Portugal has this issue right, more or less. More than any other nation at the moment.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:28 PM, bottlerocket said:

Hash.  Not knowing the weed laws at all since I live in TX.  But my youth says Hash.

starting to be decriminalized...   you'll get a ticket for under certain amounts in dallas and go pay a fine in front of the judge

if i was going to criminalize something, it would be sugar and salt.. 

43 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

starting to be decriminalized...   you'll get a ticket for under certain amounts in dallas and go pay a fine in front of the judge

if i was going to criminalize something, it would be sugar and salt.. 

And gunpowder.

• Like 2

On June 15, 2018 at 8:58 AM, Cruisin Loser said:

Not in the case of the guys in question. Their timing and ability to keep track of anything other than simple 1-4-5 chord changes diminishes noticeably.  I probably wouldn't care if I were high as well. 

I know that there is a long tradition of great musicians doing tons of drugs. I'm of the opinion that they made/make great music in spite of, not because of the drug use. YMMV.

So don't jam w amateurs who smoke weed? Note to self.

No wonder Willie Nelson never amounted to anything!

(all I can say about the subject is thank God pot was available when I was going through Chemo).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hobot said:

No wonder Willie Nelson never amounted to anything!

(all I can say about the subject is thank God pot was available when I was going through Chemo).

Not to mention no-talent hacks like Clapton and Hendrix. Why would anyone want to play with those drugged up losers?

Of course, Clapton would probably be even better and Hendrix even less dead if they didn't abuse drugs for recreation.

As more and more people learn the hard way that cannabis is a useful medication for cancer patients, seizure patients, glaucoma patients, PTSD patients, opiod addicts, etc, and is less dangerous than almost any other drug, attitudes are changing.

My mother's nickname in the office was "Put 'Em Away Ray" when she was a state prosecutor. God help you if you stood in front of her accused of a drug crime. Made it sorta weird watching her give my dad cannabis oil. There was a time when she would definitely stay up all night to make sure she did a good job of getting you locked up for that.

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Not to mention no-talent hacks like Clapton and Hendrix. Why would anyone want to play with those drugged up losers?

Of course, Clapton would probably be even better and Hendrix even less dead if they didn't abuse drugs for recreation.

As more and more people learn the hard way that cannabis is a useful medication for cancer patients, seizure patients, glaucoma patients, PTSD patients, opiod addicts, etc, and is less dangerous than almost any other drug, attitudes are changing.

My mother's nickname in the office was "Put 'Em Away Ray" when she was a state prosecutor. God help you if you stood in front of her accused of a drug crime. Made it sorta weird watching her give my dad cannabis oil. There was a time when she would definitely stay up all night to make sure she did a good job of getting you locked up for that.

Tom, 

This is big news over the weekend in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44515425

A senior MP leading an all-party group looking at medical cannabis has called the existing laws "bizarre and cruel".

Sir Mike Penning MP has called for "fundamental reform" of the system.

"Medical cannabis is a health issue, not a misuse of drugs issue," Sir Mike said in a statement. "It's about patients and relieving suffering."

It follows the home secretary's decision to grant 12-year-old Billy Caldwell temporary access to cannabis oil medication to treat his epilepsy.

Mr Penning, who is the proposed chairman of the new All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Medical Cannabis Under Prescription, said: "It's bizarre and cruel that we have a system that allows the medical use of strong opiates, but bars the medical use of cannabis.

"The current structures within government on this issue are not fit for purpose. We need to move this from criminal justice to health."

He said he supported reclassifying cannabis under the law so it would be regarded as having a medicinal use.

55 minutes ago, mad said:

Tom, 

This is big news over the weekend in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44515425

I'm glad it's big news. We also have a 12 year old using cannabis to control seizures that used to happen several times per day.

On 3/25/2016 at 8:05 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

From the Team Alexis FB page:

Alexis Bortell, a young Texan forced to flee the state in order to receive effective treatment for her seizure disorder celebrated one full year without a single seizure yesterday. Alexis’s parents sought refuge in Colorado where physicians were able to successfully treat her seizures with cannabis oil.

That post is over 2 years old. She's gone from seizures every few hours to none in a few years. It's not very big news here. She still hasn't moved home to TX.