Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

and soon california is to be fucked...

Silicon Valley venture capitalist and bitcoin acapella singer Tim Draper successfully got his plan to split California into three states on the November ballot. Draper landed nearly double the number of signatures needed to qualify for the ballot, getting 600,000 people to support dividing the state threefold.

Draper’s plan—Cal 3—would divide the state into Northern California, Southern California, and, simply, California. Northern California would comprise of 40 counties, including San Francisco and Sacramento. Southern California would comprise of 12 counties, including San Diego, and California would comprise of six counties, including Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.

“Three states will get us better infrastructure, better education and lower taxes,” Draper told the Los Angeles Times last summer. “States will be more accountable to us and can cooperate and compete for citizens.”

and to y'all that will say it will never happen...      people said the same thing about trump...  you'll have enough people who vote for it as a joke..

Nah, the 2/3ds of the population Thys in S. Cali and Cali will outbote the sensible ones in N. Cali. 

Getting disconnected from that shithole that is LA is worth considering..............I'll have to spend some time deciding how to vote on this one. 

Somehow I doubt it is that simple.

Won't the Feds have something to say about it?

19 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Somehow I doubt it is that simple.

Won't the Feds have something to say about it?

Yes, Congress would have to approve it and probably a few other hurdles that make it extremely unlikely. 

I bet it passes in Cali though..............

I thick itis possibelle, butte they hafte to come up withe morre orrigginalle names, neede bettere marketteng.  Northe coude be caulde; Yossemitey, Reddwoode, or Nappa.  Middelle coude be San Yokeane, Youricca, Sallinas.  Southe; Inyo, Searra Navada, Deathe Valley, allmoeste aneything, you gotta thick oute the boxe!                :)

Gee Snaggs, were you on the planning committee for Zyzzyx and Yreka as well?

No, wassent planneng aneything actieve licke that, I see my rolle as piurley consultantorrey an free forre the tackeng.  Butte thackes forre thet.                :)

Somebody did a video of driving through Yreka?! Been through Yreka on a fire (actually fire was just outside Happy Camp). Pretty country but the towns.........unremarkable.

Just fucking give SoCal back to Mexico!!!

55 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Yreka seemes coolle....

It isn't really. I think it only exists as an overnight stop when traveling from Canada - it's as far as you can make it in a long day.

If it were easy, DC and Puerto Rico would be states.  The political calculus is such that the balance of partisan power would have to remain unchanged. Like in the pre Civil War years when incoming slave state and free states were somewhat offsetting each other.  The House is straightforward but the 4 added senators and Electoral College issues will kill it at the federal level. 

2 hours ago, Caca Cabeza said:

Nah, the 2/3ds of the population Thys in S. Cali and Cali will outbote the sensible ones in N. Cali. 

ai2html-graphic-desktop.jpg

13.3 million in NorCal, 13.9 in SoCal, 12.3 on the coast. Good, SoCal can get their own fucking water and we'll keep ours.

So if this happens (and it won't), what is now California would have six Senators and the flag would end up with 52 stars?

12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

So if this happens (and it won't), what is now California would have six Senators and the flag would end up with 52 stars?

Yes, an oune forre Porto Ricco to.                             :)

16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

So....6 senators - yes. At least 4 of them will be democrats. Which - one of many reasons - is why it will not happen.

47 minutes ago, Guitar said:

13.3 million in NorCal, 13.9 in SoCal, 12.3 on the coast. Good, SoCal can get their own fucking water and we'll keep ours.

Selfish bitch.............

22 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

50 minus 2

plus 6...

is how many?

12 minutes ago, Point Break said:

So....6 senators - yes. At least 4 of them will be democrats. Which - one of many reasons - is why it will not happen.

Selfish bitch.............

HA.

Have you read about the tunnels? They are going underground to grab the water before it gets to the Delta. This will allow even more sea water to come upstream to the central valley.

Pretty simple. California gives up statehood.  The three new territories get to wait in line. PR, Guam, American Samoa, the USVI and DC are in front of you. You’ll still pay taxes and each can have a non voting representative in the House.

12 minutes ago, Guitar said:

HA.

Have you read about the tunnels? They are going underground to grab the water before it gets to the Delta. This will allow even more sea water to come upstream to the central valley.

:lol:

No.....why would "they" dig a tunnel? Besides most of it (as I recall) comes from coastal northern Cali groundwater. Quite a bit comes from the Colorado river as well.

Why doesn't California just secede and be done with it?

The rest of the state's could get behind that. The slogan could be "We're fine with 49"

11 hours ago, Raz'r said:

50 minus 2

plus 6...

is how many?

Do you mean 100 senators, minus 2 plus 6? Or 50 stars minus 1 plus 3?

8 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Do you mean 100 senators, minus 2 plus 6? Or 50 stars minus 1 plus 3?

Yeah, R cofussed me to.                    :)

1 hour ago, bmiller said:

The rest of the state's could get behind that. The slogan could be "We're fine with 49"

And Oregon and Washington.

CASCADIA!

1 hour ago, bmiller said:

Can’t say as I blame ya’ll.

17 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I thick itis possibelle, butte they hafte to come up withe morre orrigginalle names, neede bettere marketteng.  Northe coude be caulde; Yossemitey, Reddwoode, or Nappa.  Middelle coude be San Yokeane, Youricca, Sallinas.  Southe; Inyo, Searra Navada, Deathe Valley, allmoeste aneything, you gotta thick oute the boxe!                :)

well we could call the top,  Pretentious, the middle, Contentious,   and the bottom,  HIspania..

16 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Just fucking give SoCal back to Mexico!!!

From up here it looks like Mexico has already pretty well repossessed everything from Texas west to the coast.

15 hours ago, Point Break said:

No.....why would "they" dig a tunnel? Besides most of it (as I recall) comes from coastal northern Cali groundwater. Quite a bit comes from the Colorado river as well.

Water, the future gold standard.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_in_California

800px-Water_in_California_new.png

20 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Silicon Valley venture capitalist and bitcoin acapella singer Tim Draper successfully got his plan to split California into three states on the November ballot. Draper landed nearly double the number of signatures needed to qualify for the ballot, getting 600,000 people to support dividing the state threefold.

Draper’s plan—Cal 3—would divide the state into Northern California, Southern California, and, simply, California. Northern California would comprise of 40 counties, including San Francisco and Sacramento. Southern California would comprise of 12 counties, including San Diego, and California would comprise of six counties, including Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.

“Three states will get us better infrastructure, better education and lower taxes,” Draper told the Los Angeles Times last summer. “States will be more accountable to us and can cooperate and compete for citizens.”

and to y'all that will say it will never happen...      people said the same thing about trump...  you'll have enough people who vote for it as a joke..

I think its a great idea!

Tim Draper tried this before, but last time California was going to be divided into six bits.  Now it's three.  But it will stay as one, for all of the reasons above.

Tim's a wee bit bonkers anyhow.  I know him quite well - I describe him as a bucket of small fireworks into which someone's just dropped a match - going off in all directions at once.

I don’t know what Draper thinks will change.  Gavin Newsom (Jerry Brown Jr.), who will likely be Governator for the next 8 years, is a San Francisco native.  The only connection Gavin has with SoCal is his Hollywood wife, who is also a San Francisco native.  I just have to wonder if Gavin con keep from imploding, again; http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-tns-bc-califgov-newsom-20180423-story.html

2 hours ago, P_Wop said:

Tim Draper tried this before, but last time California was going to be divided into six bits.  Now it's three.  But it will stay as one, for all of the reasons above.

Tim's a wee bit bonkers anyhow.  I know him quite well - I describe him as a bucket of small fireworks into which someone's just dropped a match - going off in all directions at once.

yeah, that's all true and such,  but now it's going to ballot...

2 hours ago, silent bob said:

I don’t know what Draper thinks will change.  Gavin Newsom (Jerry Brown Jr.), who will likely be Governator for the next 8 years, is a San Francisco native.  The only connection Gavin has with SoCal is his Hollywood wife, who is also a San Francisco native.  I just have to wonder if Gavin con keep from imploding, again; http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-tns-bc-califgov-newsom-20180423-story.html

People rarely change. Character is very consistent. I’m always shocked that so few people recognize that. If you’ll cheat on your wife....with the wife of a friend.....why wouldn’t we think he’d ratfuck us in a second?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Point Break said:

Can’t say as I blame ya’ll.

If they secede it will be like traveling to a completely different Country!!!

Wait, it already is like traveling to a completely different Country.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

well we could call the top,  Pretentious, the middle, Contentious,   and the bottom,  HIspania..

actually I've decided it should be New Hispania...   you know, to go with the flow..  keep the old guard from thinking we're giving it back and the drug lords move it...    oh wait, too late on the latter..

19 hours ago, Point Break said:

People rarely change. Character is very consistent. I’m always shocked that so few people recognize that. If you’ll cheat on your wife....with the wife of a friend.....why wouldn’t we think he’d ratfuck us in a second?

A trenchant observation. If I know a person to be cheating on his wife, I will absolutely not do business with him.

When a man marries, he stands in front of his family, her family, and God, and promises to forsake all others. Are you a man of your word or not?

In the words of my wife, the "till death do we part" is an enforceable clause. I'm allowed to stray once, after which my future will consist of staring up from a pool of my own blood, while she sweetly asks "Honey, how do I reload this thing?"

Congress will never accede to this proposal.

4 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

In the words of my wife, the "till death do we part" is an enforceable clause. I'm allowed to stray once, after which my future will consist of staring up from a pool of my own blood, while she sweetly asks "Honey, how do I reload this thing?"

31 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

A trenchant observation. If I know a person to be cheating on his wife, I will absolutely not do business with him.

When a man marries, he stands in front of his family, her family, and God, and promises to forsake all others. Are you a man of your word or not?

had a girlfriend who gave me an ultimatum 

marry her or she never wanted to see me again

I took a breath and said OK ....... later

Gawd only knows how much I saved by not getting the Goverment involved in the inevitable 

would have been her 4th & my 1st

WTF do you say the 4th time ????

Kalifornia is so Fucked allready 

Im only here for the weather

and Cougars 

This thread is pure masturbation.

It doesn't matter what happens in the vote, nothing will change.

Move on.

6 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Dick Armey?

6 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Theise our prettey strateforewarde................

Speedloader-3.jpg

:)

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Theise our prettey strateforewarde................

Speedloader-3.jpg

:)

Whose side are you on?

11 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

You must really hate Trump them.