badlatitude

Pompeo Turns Into A Snowflake

Mikey folds at the tough questions. It's only nukes after all.

Pompeo criticizes 'insulting and ridiculous and, frankly, ludicrous' question

Source: The Hill

Pompeo criticizes ‘insulting and ridiculous and, frankly, ludicrous’ question 

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 06/13/18 02:17 PM EDT 

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blasted a reporter on Wednesday after the journalist asked why the denuclearization of North Korea was not included in an agreement signed between the country's leader, Kim Jong Un, and President Trump. 

“The president said it will be verified," the reporter said to Pompeo in South Korea, to which Pompeo responded, "Of course it will." 

"Can you tell us a little bit more about what is, what is — what discussed about how," the reporter continued. 
“Just so you know, you could ask me this, I find that question insulting and ridiculous and, frankly, ludicrous," Pompeo said. "I just have to be honest with you, it’s a game and one ought not to play games with serious matters like this."

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/392094-pompeo-blasts-reporter-asking-about-verification-insulting-and 

We can be certain this agreement contains much more incredible inspection routines than that horrible agreement the Kenyan made with Iran. How dare you question Orange Dear Leader! 

He is right.  This was a ground breaking summit.  For reference I give you the SALT Treaties and the time spent on them.   And you guys expected a one and done   

The Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT) were two rounds of bilateral conferences and corresponding international treaties involving the United States and the Soviet Union, the Cold War superpowers, on the issue of arms control. The two rounds of talks and agreements were SALT I and SALT II.

Negotiations commenced in Helsinki, Finland, in November 1969.[1] SALT I led to the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty and an interim agreement between the two countries. Although SALT II resulted in an agreement in 1979, the United States Senate chose not to ratify the treaty in response to the Soviet war in Afghanistan, which took place later that year. The Soviet legislature also did not ratify it. The agreement expired on December 31, 1985 and was not renewed.

The talks led to the STARTs, or Strategic Arms Reduction Treaties, which consisted of START I(a 1991 completed agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union) and START II (a 1993 agreement between the United States and Russia, which was never ratified by the United States), both of which proposed limits on multiple-warhead capacities and other restrictions on each side's number of nuclear weapons. A successor to START I, New START, was proposed and was eventually ratified in February 2011

42 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

He is right.  This was a ground breaking summit.  For reference I give you the SALT Treaties and the time spent on them.   And you guys expected a one and done   

The Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT) were two rounds of bilateral conferences and corresponding international treaties involving the United States and the Soviet Union, the Cold War superpowers, on the issue of arms control. The two rounds of talks and agreements were SALT I and SALT II.

Negotiations commenced in Helsinki, Finland, in November 1969.[1] SALT I led to the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty and an interim agreement between the two countries. Although SALT II resulted in an agreement in 1979, the United States Senate chose not to ratify the treaty in response to the Soviet war in Afghanistan, which took place later that year. The Soviet legislature also did not ratify it. The agreement expired on December 31, 1985 and was not renewed.

The talks led to the STARTs, or Strategic Arms Reduction Treaties, which consisted of START I(a 1991 completed agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union) and START II (a 1993 agreement between the United States and Russia, which was never ratified by the United States), both of which proposed limits on multiple-warhead capacities and other restrictions on each side's number of nuclear weapons. A successor to START I, New START, was proposed and was eventually ratified in February 2011

No, he was wrong, TM The reporter asked a simple question, and the Secretary of State insulted him with a less than respectful answer, it was an insult to the American people who deserve better answers than that when the people representing them are asked a question.

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

And you guys expected a one and done   

What are you talking about? It's a done deal -

"There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."

- Donald Trump

17 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No, he was wrong, TM The reporter asked a simple question, and the Secretary of State insulted him with a less than respectful answer, it was an insult to the American people who deserve better answers than that when the people representing them are asked a question.

Some of these people do not inhabit the same time/space continuum that I do. Do they know they are in a parallel but diverging universe?

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Some of these people do not inhabit the same time/space continuum that I do. Do they know they are in a parallel but diverging universe?

I think he was afraid of where the questions were going. God forbid the people find out that we made an agreement with nothing written down.

36 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I think he was afraid of where the questions were going. God forbid the people find out that we made an agreement with nothing written down.

Doesn't much matter - the NAFTA agreement would probably dwarf the old encyclopedia Britannica and look how much that mattered.

The latest instantaneous thought passing through Trumps pea brain is all that matters now.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Doesn't much matter - the NAFTA agreement would probably dwarf the old encyclopedia Britannica and look how much that mattered.

The latest instantaneous thought passing through Trumps pea brain is all that matters now.

That would be like a neutrino going through Spam. No noticeable effect.