Baldur

Missing sailors, but apparently they were not sailing....

http://vancouversun.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/wife-says-husband-on-dream-voyage-from-panama-now-heartbreaking-disappearance/wcm/1f861bad-9298-42fe-9396-e5b24f2a37ca

http://vancouversun.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/wife-says-husband-on-dream-voyage-from-panama-now-heartbreaking-disappearance/wcm/1f861bad-9298-42fe-9396-e5b24f2a37ca 

Sorry that wasnt a hyperlink, should be now

It says they paid a month of moorage, so I assume the boat is still there, but it doesnt really say for sure.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

And proving her psychic BS is wrong to boot.

Drug run gone bad?

I heard that surveillance footage showed them leaving the dock area with extremely large backpacks.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I heard that surveillance footage showed them leaving the dock area with extremely large backpacks.

Weren't they planning on hitching it across the island?

With the Grizzly hunting ban taking full effect this year, there has been a bunch of disappearances in the woods on the Island.  Guessing they are bear poo.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:04 PM, Dilligaf0220 said:

Weren't they planning on hitching it across the island?

With the Grizzly hunting ban taking full effect this year, there has been a bunch of disappearances in the woods on the Island.  Guessing they are bear poo.

Were they hitching to a town they just sailed past?  Seems a little shady but I'm not familiar with the area.

10 hours ago, eastern motors said:

Were they hitching to a town they just sailed past?  Seems a little shady but I'm not familiar with the area.

There's only one Customs check-in on the West coast of Van isle, the marina they were berthed at.  Apparently they were hitching to his buddy's house on the island 300km away.

11 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

There's only one Customs check-in on the West coast of Van isle, the marina they were berthed at.  Apparently they were hitching to his buddy's house on the island 300km away.

There's a bunch of weird stuff going on the island at the moment, one of the guys was a friend of a friend of mine, and my friend is of the opinion there was no way they would be mixed up in anything sketchy and is leaning towards the bear or wrong place wrong time theory.  They also mentioned there was another weird disappearance around the same time, and something about a van that was found in the woods from someone else who went missing around the same time with blood on the drivers seat.  To be honest I was only half paying attention because I was busy fixing something on their truck, but I don't think I'd be hitchhiking myself or picking up hitch hikers for a bit around here... Scary stuff.

32 minutes ago, jgbrown said:

There's a bunch of weird stuff going on the island at the moment, one of the guys was a friend of a friend of mine, and my friend is of the opinion there was no way they would be mixed up in anything sketchy and is leaning towards the bear or wrong place wrong time theory.  They also mentioned there was another weird disappearance around the same time, and something about a van that was found in the woods from someone else who went missing around the same time with blood on the drivers seat.  To be honest I was only half paying attention because I was busy fixing something on their truck, but I don't think I'd be hitchhiking myself or picking up hitch hikers for a bit around here... Scary stuff.

That guy was a contractor on the other side of the island.  Worked a job that morning, then stopped on a backroad on the way to another job on the other other side of the island for who knows what.  Guy walking his dog found his work van with the drivers door open, blood on the door or seat, and the van running.  This all happened the same day the original two disappeared.

Then there's the East Coast guy hitching across the island on the same highway the two guys were planning on only coming the other way.  He had a fishing job lined up at the same town the two docked at, he just up & disappears somewhere along the way.

So far in the last 6mos or so there's half a dozen guys that have disappeared along the roads there.  Oh and the psychic employing wife, she's been charged by a bear on one of the searches.

Meh BC has always been a bit off, but either way I don't see these guys humping down a road with a couple bales slung over their shoulder.

48 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

That guy was a contractor on the other side of the island.  Worked a job that morning, then stopped on a backroad on the way to another job on the other other side of the island for who knows what.  Guy walking his dog found his work van with the drivers door open, blood on the door or seat, and the van running.  This all happened the same day the original two disappeared.

Then there's the East Coast guy hitching across the island on the same highway the two guys were planning on only coming the other way.  He had a fishing job lined up at the same town the two docked at, he just up & disappears somewhere along the way.

So far in the last 6mos or so there's half a dozen guys that have disappeared along the roads there.  Oh and the psychic employing wife, she's been charged by a bear on one of the searches.

Meh BC has always been a bit off, but either way I don't see these guys humping down a road with a couple bales slung over their shoulder.

Charged and deterred it with bear spray or a gun, or just charged vaguely towards her then wandered off?  The latter is pretty common, it happened to me the other week walking my dogs(black bear with cub). my younger dog decided to be an asshole and barked at the bear instead of shutting the fuck up, bear didn't appreciate it, but not the first time I've had that happen with a bear.   The back roads driving isn't uncommon towards the north end of the island, lots of people prefer to bomb around on the gravel roads, myself included(normally).  Some like me because it's scenic and less traffic, lots of nice spots to stop for the dogs to run around off leash.  Others because they are idiots and want to drink while they drive.  I used to frequently stop for naps/pee breaks/walk the dogs around somewhere pretty breaks too, unless we were going far or I planned to sleep more than 20 min,  I'd leave it running because if it didn't start for whatever reason, you might be waiting quite a while in an area with no reception for help.   Myself I'm leaning towards there is something sketchy going on but wrong place/wrong time rather than the people who disappeared doing something bad, they really sounded like a couple normal guys on a cool adventure.  I remember a few years back hearing of a few people getting flagged down in weird situations and someone trying to attack/kidnap them, enough that I asked my girlfriend at the time to not stop if flagged down and just call in anyone looking like they were in trouble instead.  I've quit driving the gravel routes unless needed and no more stopping in sunny spots with the windows down for a snooze. 

A co-workers father was tracked down by the RCMP recently on this case. They found him shopping in the local Home Depot, hauled his ass outside to a black unmarked SUV and asked him a lot of questions for 1/2 hour, while video taping him.

Random serial killer?  The guy who keeps throwing feet with sneakers into the ocean around here?

I really, really doubt a bear. I can't think of any bear attack where two people were killed. If it was a bear, you wouldn't have the major crime guys there investigating. There would be chew marks and body parts missing and it would be obvious what had happened.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zonker said:

I really, really doubt a bear. I can't think of any bear attack where two people were killed. If it was a bear, you wouldn't have the major crime guys there investigating. There would be chew marks and body parts missing and it would be obvious what had happened.

The contractor that disappeared I doubt was a bear. 

And I've heard of more two person bear attacks/deaths than sketchy serial killers taking on two healthy men on the side of the road on a whim.  Off the top of my head was that bear whisperer that was mauled to death with his girlfriend in their Alaskan bush camp.  In Ontario we've had black bears maul couples in their tent on several occasions, hell not that long ago two Hydro line workers were both attacked and only survived because one stabbed the bear to death with the Buck knife he always carried.  And Grizzlies are a whole different animal.

The wife getting charged by a Grizzly was just an aside in a CBC article, which for the Vancouver CBC mentioning anything negative about Grizzlies is huge.  And she was in a search party group at the time.  We're just going to have to wait until they release COD details.

Holy shit! I’ve been charged by a Black bear and it was terrifying. Needing to stab one to death as it attacks is unimaginable. Browns would be a step even further into the revenant realm of where I don’t want to even think.