Herman

VOR Leg 11 Gothenburg to The Hague

Just now, LeoV said:

On 20th of June there was already talk about the Nam 22 bouy as turning mark right before the finish.

It has been in the SI's before race start, I presume they won't take it out now.

1 minute ago, ModernViking said:

Any chance you guys could postpone your pissing-match until after the finish? 
-_-

there's always that ignore button..

7 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

Any chance you guys could postpone your pissing-match until after the finish? 
-_-

Modern he has gone lecturing...just needed a quick uppercut to keep the bar in order.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Try the FIPO of this thread Leo for that bouy :rolleyes: - I will be at Scheveningen around 1300. Will you be coming too?

Big LOL, who reads the first post...
Got something on this evening, so will visit the 27th.

3 minutes ago, Francis Vaughan said:

No chance of that. They are not stupid.  Maybe if Azko were secretly in the pay of DF.  Azko will be doing everything they can to avoid getting in TBRL's way.  And Brunel don't care if Azko win the race. 

hope you're right .. but the compression is getting worse with these 3 and it's helping the red boat all the time 

4 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Big LOL, who reads the first post...
Got something on this evening, so will visit the 27th.

Posted this as #3

Looks like Brunel trying to do to Akzo what they did to Mapfre in last leg, and then Mapfre to leeward of them a bit further back. This is getting more interesting. Time for 3D viewing again. Even better if they had the chopper up. In the Quick fix posted on Facebook an hour ago they said they were getting it up to follow DFRT et al first then go over to Akzo et al.

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^ That's better giddy..you parked your race newbie lecture stick.

give it a rest and keep drinking.

These guys are totally worn out and this is really brutal shit.

They have shown there is a bees dick between them in nearly each mode and each and every crossover down to miniscule percentages. There is nearly nothing left in the tank there they can draw upon now where routing gains are nearly now gone.

My guess is the outcome will be the best and last man/girl still standing measure where they don't fucking give up.

We won't know that outcome until the finish.

So is there a mark of the Hague? It shows in some views but not in the race blog maps?

From the sw corner of the TSS zone its ca. 40 miles to NAM 22 .  That 20 mile delta will be eaten up by western fleet having to gybe to NAM22 i don't see them laying that mark. Question is will Dongfeng run out of pressure at Texel as did / do the western boats. Pressure at the coast will be less then out to sea.  East fleet  seems to be able to hold on while above the isles for now (gaining up to 3-4 miles per hour that would reduce the delta to 10 or so ). 

17 minutes ago, yl75 said:

108 vs 125. Thanks for the find

17 minutes ago, Giddy Up said:

give it a rest and keep drinking.

You really are a rude cunt. I tried but at the end of the day your ilk are always the one under the cigarette machine at the end of the bar unconcious with a black eye. Out.

2 hours ago, albanyguy said:

Just caught up with all the action. Given that the "Oranje" are not in the World Cup, and given the Spanish beat them in the 2010 WC Final, maybe revenge on the Spainiards is a just result with both Dutchies beating Mapfre to The Hague. Now that'd be a celebration to be a part of tonight. Go the cloggies.

To add to that, King Filips II and the murderous Iron Duke of Alva wreaked havoc in the Low Countries for 80 years 1568-1648.  The Dutch have looong memories :lol: ........ what more can we throw at them?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

These guys are totally worn out and this is really brutal shit.

They have shown there is a bees dick between them in nearly each mode and each and every crossover down to miniscule percentages. There is nearly nothing left in the tank there they can draw upon now where routing is nearly now gone.

My guess is the outcome will be the best and last man/girl still standing measure where they don't fucking give up.

We won't know that outcome until the finish.

Very philosophical Jack.

10 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Very philosophical Jack.

Not philosophical paps.. it is reality.

OD and having boats where their bows don't fall off is what brings up the human factor. That is now unfolding in front of our eyes right now and which determines the outcome.

Dongfeng past the Vlieland shooting range without catching some concrete bombs. It would seem the 'Frisian' airforce is confident Bouwe can do his thing without their assistance. (Keeping clear helps too.)

IF Dongfeng hits Den Helder after Bouwe turns the corner he should be clear to cut back to the Katwijk mark? herman run that routing yet?

Sounds like a great place for a peaceful sail.......lol

13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You really are a rude cunt. I tried but at the end of the day your ilk are always the one under the cigarette machine at the end of the bar unconcious with a black eye. Out.

Bar fight?  -_-
barfight.thumb.png.8a51454e03fcd61d5d3e17213f897335.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ModernViking said:

Bar fight?  -_-
barfight.thumb.png.8a51454e03fcd61d5d3e17213f897335.png

no bar fight here MV...Jack simply loves insulting but can't handle copping it...Is he "gybe Set" reincarnated?

Cig machine...aren't they extinct?

21 minutes ago, maartenvr said:

IF Dongfeng hits Den Helder after Bouwe turns the corner he should be clear to cut back to the Katwijk mark? herman run that routing yet?

IF Dongfeng (Charles) hits Den Helder (bad idea is main naval base of dutch navy ..)  Charles can cut clear to NAM 22 (Katwijk mark) ca 50 miles to go. After Bouwe (Brunel) turns the corner (40 miles to go, no french navy in sight), he can cut to NAM 22 not quite (probably needs some gybes and needs to get rid of spanish chasers).

• Like 1

From AKZO . Doesn’t look like they plan to get out of the way.

• Like 1

By my calcs the Dong to be still in this race had to be around now at their next and then go fast corner. They are still over an hour away from getting there.

Now just a 2 horse race for the top prize..this tight, helps if you are actually a horse. 

unnamed (7).gif

• Like 1

Do they really have to keep the crew around for whole week, just to do an in-port race next wekeend, with no relevance to the race result?
That seems brutal.

5 hours ago, Admirals said:

Akzo aiming straight for the TSS corner, soaked down gained some. Tracker now says Brunel wins overal. There must some Frisian trawlers (Harlingen) that urgently need to test their equipment north of Ameland, Vlieland some where... ca in 2 hours from now. Heit?? 

now thats the spirit!

DFRT are not done yet. From the moment Akzo round the corner of the TSS, DFRT wiil have around 21 nm more DTF, which is around 50% longer than Akzo et al.

But they will then have a much better angle, and they already have double the wind speed, while Akzo et al might even have to beat their way to NAM 22.

It's not yet over!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ModernViking said:

Do they really have to keep the crew around for whole week, just to do an in-port race next wekeend, with no relevance to the race result?
That seems brutal.

I don't know about that MV...pretty sure all the crews wouldnt mind getting on it for the week .

• Like 1

Problem on BRUNEL?

Wtf. Tracker is suddenly showing Brunel behind mapfre. I'm hoping it's a glitch because they had .4nm on them only minutes ago. 

Holy shit it was a glitch. Just corrected itself. 

35 minutes ago, Giddy Up said:

Jack simply loves insulting ...

No I don't,  but I will step up early and punish dickheads who derail serious threads or posters that historicaly subscribe in support, not blow-ins like yourself. Stop humping my leg.

Pascal and Charles om Raw Content video. Some of it is hard to undestand but P hoping for light email in the west, Charles frustrated. Both fried.

Heli live for real!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone have a best guess ETA? I need to set an alarm - and need to err on the side of caution. :D

Big day at work tomorrow and have to sneak at least a few hours sleep!

Conrad and Riichard say lighter air out west, flat sea and they are fighting each other downwind all of which helps out the boats in the east.

Edited by despacio avenue
Wrong word

Vestas woken up and want a piece of the game too.

2 minutes ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

Anyone have a best guess ETA? I need to set an alarm - and need to err on the side of caution. :D

DTF (the real one see expert twitters) divided by SOG speed over ground minus your caution should give you an idea. (wind is to stay above 10 kts through out)

• Like 1

Could be a pass on here. Go BRUNEL.

• Like 1

Boats out west set up the same; Mapre still trying to hunt down Brunel. We have seen this before.  What a race!

2 minutes ago, despacio avenue said:

Boats out west set up the same; Mapre still trying to hunt down Brunel. We have seen this before.  What a race!

Relying on your commentary—can’t get the stream for some reason. Thanks

Just now, stief said:

Relying on your commentary—can’t get the stream for some reason. Thanks

It is on VOR Twitter.

13 minutes ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

Sea be self indulgent and take a day off, the rest of NZ have been doing that for years.

• Like 2

Just now, despacio avenue said:

It is on VOR Twitter.

I know, but on low bandwidth cell constraints, so text only. Can’t play streams. 

1 minute ago, despacio avenue said:

Ok! Now heli is DF live!

Any link, DA?

In an hour Richard said the delta will change and East boats wb sailing faster; now, east are 2 knots slower. OnDF JO on top on the stack. Tide could be a factor; DF all powered up with keel fin out of the water. Boat really heeled; Kevin driving.More breeze, more whitecaps in E.

2 minutes ago, stief said:

I know, but on low bandwidth cell constraints, so text only. Can’t play streams. 

its on the vor facebookpage as well

Just now, jack_sparrow said:

Sea be self indulgent and take a day off, the rest of NZ have been doing that for years.

Always happy to take a day off, I'm inherently lazy. Unfortunately, however, a server died at work on Friday and I have to sort out some sort of rebuild. Mutha f%$#a !

On DF only 4 out on deck so hopefully a few people are getting a rest. Kevin s very good driver; Stu wb available for downwind, Charles for closein.

now heli showing Shks

Wonder if DF will use the keel cant to cut the corner a bit more ...

12 minutes ago, despacio avenue said:

Just hope at least  the Preppies don't beat DF.

They turn around the corner to go south in a moment. Then they will probably go 5-7 kn faster than Brunel and Mapfre, from they pass the corner of the TSS.

DF are absolutely still in the final game.

25 minutes ago, despacio avenue said:

Pascal and Charles om Raw Content video. Some of it is hard to undestand but P hoping for light email in the west, Charles frustrated. Both fried.

Heli live for real!!!!

This is painful to watch, they know they lost their gamble, and they are so tired!

Annemiecke pretty tight to the vest about sailing issues not wanting to play their hand so just general about exclusion zones etc deferring to navigator..

3 minutes ago, Diva39 said:

They turn around the corner to go south in a moment. Then they will probably go 5-7 kn faster than Brunel and Mapfre, from they pass the corner of the TSS.

DF are absolutely still in the final game.

You made my day!

Tracker DTF and thus DTL now is almost perpendicular to the course to the sw corner of the TSS GER 1, use the ruler... or check back in an hour or so

2 minutes ago, Hydrogene said:

This is painful to watch, they know they lost their gamble, and they are so tired!

No, I disagree. They are still hopeful. 

11 minutes ago, Van Schakel said:

its on the vor facebookpage as well

And the app, and the site.

2 minutes ago, Van Schakel said:

brunel just passed akzo on the tracker!!

brunel soaking, but doubt they'll get past below. Tracker is now showing DTF perpendicular to their course,

Conrad and Richard sadly just left until the finish. Said there wb lots of crossing and that the race will come down to the last 10 minutes but did not say who would be in that group.

35 minutes ago, despacio avenue said:

Charles frustrated. Both fried.

I'm sure like many I passed the "fried mark" yesterday. That is why they get the big bucks, but we smell better.

3 minutes ago, Van Schakel said:

brunel just passed akzo on the tracker!!

Fuck. Unbelievable. Can they make it stick?

7 minutes ago, Hydrogene said:

Not really, they are tired for sure, but no sure about being convinced they lost

Unless the Westernpack really hits a gluestrip with no wind (which seems unlikely at ths point), I do not see Dongfeng getting back into this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stief said:

And the app, and the site.

Well good because it was not earlier.'

and sorry to everyone  but I cannot post links. 

3 minutes ago, despacio avenue said:

No, I disagree. They are still hopeful. 

I disagree too :))

In French, Charles says "we need a huge bit of luck (actually much more crude in French: "une grosse chatte", a "a huge pussy"), like a big wind hole west, and we go scream through to the finish."

They know the numbers are against them

When can dongfeng put the bow down? Anyone have a detailed chart?

DF can not cut the corner to close between the two last islands. Not that i think they will sail so close to the beach now.
For some extra information; this inlet is the most difficult to navigate, not many sailors enter there. And from the other side its only very shallow boats that can enter.
So it makes for paradise for some.
25-0.jpg

• Like 1