Sign in to follow this  
K9u20

Looking for a Viper 640 mast

Looking for a used mast from a viper 640 ( or similar sized mast) . I am in South Florida but could travel to pick up. Any leads appreciated.

We just sold the alloy one we had lying around the warehouse. I think someone in Canada has a broken one that could be spliced back together. Find the Great Lakes Viper group on FB and ask there

Checked on the alloy one I knew about. He gave it away last year to someone wanting to use it for a ginpole. Sorry.

54 minutes ago, K9u20 said:

Haven't talked to anyone about a carbon rig. Can carbon be repaired.

Yes it can - obviously depending on how much of the stick is missing at the break

I have a lightly used, two year old Superspar alloy stick that comes off of a Squib from England. The mast is in Park City, Utah and could come with a boom of the same vintage. We converted a Rhodes 19 to use it and thought that's where we were headed but now there's a movement to put a class legal stick back in.

Squib class

or I have a brand new 505 mast that was never finished being rigged.  That one is in Massachusetts.  

I gave away my old alloy stick many years ago and was so happy to see it go. Vipers had alloy sticks for only 18 months - 2 years in the first iteration of the boat ...there cannot have been more than 50 in existence.  However they were double sleeved , built like tree trunks so the ones not used to build gin poles, fishing piers and repair interstate bridges with are probably still in existence.

The unwanted carbon mast will be extremely hard to find.  I have the second ever carbon mast and its as good now as it was then.

I think I know of an alloy one in Savannah GA. However the guy wanted $350 for about 2 years ago. Let me know if you might be interested.