stief

Women of the VOR in the New York Times

15 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Hey LB - 

What a bogus claim that you are not anonymous. If you are not, what is your name and where do you live? 

And why do I mention this? Because it is obviously cowardly to trash people (or organizations, for that matter) and decline to take responsibility for it. 

If you are such a brave, tough bloke at least have the minimal courage to stand up for what you believe. 

And what did you think about the Tim Winton article - very well written and argued I would say. Probably talking about y'all. 

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/09/about-the-boys-tim-winton-on-how-toxic-masculinity-is-shackling-men-to-misogyny

And who are you?

Not that anybody gives a fuck.:)

Nice situation we are in.  The more rules you make about what sex people have to be, the more sexist it is.

When there are no New York Times stories about women in ocean races, equality has arrived.  The more it is spoken about, the further it gets away.

16 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

And what did you think about the Tim Winton article - very well written and argued I would say. Probably talking about y'all. 

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/09/about-the-boys-tim-winton-on-how-toxic-masculinity-is-shackling-men-to-misogyny

Tim writes to promote his book.  Nuf sed.

8 hours ago, random said:

Tim writes to promote his book.  Nuf sed.

Well, actually it is an excerpt from his book. 

Would it be too much trouble to deal with the content of the article? 

27 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, actually it is an excerpt from his book. 

Would it be too much trouble to deal with the content of the article? 

He's right of course.  The lack of social initiation for boys is disfiguring for men.

I was talking to a guy a few months ago who spun-out in his mid-thirties and traveled the world for a couple of years looking for answers.  He came to the conclusion that he had not grown up, that he had not been initiated, that he was a man-child looking for approval and the skills to be a man.

So he went about doing it himself.  One exercise was to completely dismantle, rebuild and reassemble an 1100 cc four cylinder motorcycle, a carburetor version because no one had taught him how engines worked.  He knows now.  I could go on it was a fascinating story.  Now I look around and see a lot of 40 year old children who have never been taught how to be men.  Now they are all sitting back watching the metoo thing happen.

On 7/2/2018 at 9:34 AM, charisma94 said:

If you want to know who LB is, read through his posts, he outs himself all the time and hides nothing.

That is not entirely true mate. There is a new A3 in the back of the garage that the bride knows nothing about...

On 7/2/2018 at 3:32 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Hey LB - 

What a bogus claim that you are not anonymous. If you are not, what is your name and where do you live? 

And why do I mention this? Because it is obviously cowardly to trash people (or organizations, for that matter) and decline to take responsibility for it. 

If you are such a brave, tough bloke at least have the minimal courage to stand up for what you believe. 

Should I run a pen around the outline of my house Key and post it as well? Winton's piece does describe an element that exists in any society. But these attitudes are not Representative of all or even the majority of boys in my experience. I spend a lot of time with my two boys and their mates (yes including in the surf) and I see none of this.  Wiinton was an exceptional writer in his early years but now I find him tiresome and self indulgent. I would describe him as a good but long winded story teller. Like you he has joined the 'All men are Rapists' band wagon. Great little shit fight about this in our federal parliament right now. An attention seeking lefty waste of space said this and our only self proclaimed libertarian senator said in that case she should not date so many men. Now she claims she has been 'Slut Shamed'.  Being a slut is nothing to be ashamed off and anyway how else is she going to get any? She has a head like a dropped pie and a body like a sack of shit tied in the middle. More power to sluts I say!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

She has a head like a dropped pie and a body like a sack of shit tied in the middle. More power to sluts I say!

Me thinks you have a thing for Ms Hanson-Young.  You won't stop talking about her.

Disappointing article...

There were no photos of the girls worked over by a makeup artist and shot in a bikini or a cocktail dress.

What's the world coming to???

On 7/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, LB 15 said:

Being a slut is nothing to be ashamed off and anyway how else is she going to get any? She has a head like a dropped pie and a body like a sack of shit tied in the middle. More power to sluts I say!

LB... Do you realise that your "locker room banter" puts you on the path to becoming a rapist. 

image.png.d733710c7707a918d32de0531d7fb186.png

Do yourself and society a favour, go to the police and ask to be locked up for everybody's safety or do to your manhood what feminists want to do to all men.

aa69280f2c2b083b631443c7b26ea702.jpg

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, random said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, hoppy said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, charisma94 said:

Fark where's this goin'????

where womens sanitary pads shouldn't go and where many SA thread do...

bathroom-toilet-animated-gif-4.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hoppy said:

image.png.d733710c7707a918d32de0531d7fb186.png

How does one 'covertly' remove a condom? And how could I possibly hide an piece of rubber the size of a dive bottle?

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

How does one 'covertly' remove a condom? And how could I possibly hide an piece of rubber the size of a dive bottle?

I don't get the "safe word violations". Do feminist expect there to be safe words even when you are not into B&D?

I've always being a "boys will be boys" kind of guy who likes a rape joke (after all a joke is a joke, not reality) and is certainly into "locker room banter" and this all seems normal to me. However clearly something is wrong with me, because I've never sent unsolicited dick picks, flashing or any of the others. I've lived a boring life.

Maybe i should start a bucket list thread about this chart :)

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Ask Random, it’s how he was spawned. 

Just now, mad said:

Ask Random, it’s how he was spawned. 

And his father regretted it ever since...

10 minutes ago, hoppy said:

I don't get the "safe word violations". Do feminist expect there to be safe words even when you are not into B&D?

I've always being a "boys will be boys" kind of guy who likes a rape joke (after all a joke is a joke, not reality) and is certainly into "locker room banter" and this all seems normal to me. However clearly something is wrong with me, because I've never sent unsolicited dick picks, flashing or any of the others. I've lived a boring life.

Maybe i should start a bucket list thread about this chart :)

Yes....Like "No means no".

What is a "rape joke"?  Is it funny if it involves your asshole?  Or just some girl's vagina?

7 minutes ago, hoppy said:

And his father regretted it ever since...

Not as much his mother 

24 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

What is a "rape joke"?  Is it funny if it involves your asshole?  Or just some girl's vagina?

Of course, unless someone is telling me the joke when I've just dropped the soap in a prison shower.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:50 AM, Left Shift said:

Yes....Like "No means no".

What is a "rape joke"?  Is it funny if it involves your asshole?  

You might want to rephrase that because you appear to be acting as the Hopsters arsehole at the moment.

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You might want to rephrase that because you appear to be acting as the Hopsters arsehole at the moment.

Yes, badly phrased.  Another situation where the sarcasm font was needed.

• Like 1

Stacey Jackson is the guest speaker at the 21 club dinner at the club tonite. Should be fantastic. The great pity is that because of the sexist history of our club there will only be a handful of women there to listen. Hopefully Stace can talk to the junior members as well at some time. 

12 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Should be fantastic. The great pity is that because of the sexist history of our club there will only be a handful of women there to listen.

LB I would have thought your post more relevant that instead of playing the sexist card to critisise the Club is why was her address restricted to just 21 year old members only like yourself and no one else?

Or is it simply recent <21 yo members of both sexes are either non existent, so none one of them would have turned up, or if in abundance are treated as nobody in that joint?

I'm confused as to your complaint being sexist based. Can't see that. Seems to me that complaint should be one of full member inclusion being denied, full stop. Instead it was simply based on how long one has been a member to recieving an invitation to hear her speak, irrespective of being a sailing member and denied accordingly an invitation.

A very strange place your club.

22 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Queensland is a very strange place

1212joh16,0.jpg

Stace was fantastic last night When she is done with sailing she has a huge future on the speaking circuit. Her best line of the night was when someone asked her 'What is next for Stacy Jackson?' She said 'Well tomorrow I am sailing my moth'. 

12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

LB I would have thought your post more relevant that instead of playing the sexist card to critisise the Club is why was her address restricted to just 21 year old members only like yourself and no one else?

Or is it simply recent <21 yo members of both sexes are either non existent, so none one of them would have turned up, or if in abundance are treated as nobody in that joint?

I'm confused as to your complaint being sexist based. Can't see that. Seems to me that complaint should be one of full member inclusion being denied, full stop. Instead it was simply based on how long one has been a member to recieving an invitation to hear her speak, irrespective of being a sailing member and denied accordingly an invitation.

The club only allowed women to be full members about 25 years ago so the male 21 club members outnumber the girls by about 20 to one. But they are growing.  Guest speakers at the 21 club have always been problematic. You can only hear so many retired footballers telling funny stories about what happened on the 1987 Wallaby tour. Last night we had Stace and 3 members that have just done to Osaka race. Next year we are planning on having the internets greatest sailors to speak. How far out do we need to book you Jack?

11 hours ago, hoppy said:

Queensland is a very strange place

1212joh16,0.jpg

Having just returned from a week in your Harbour city Hoppy, my only comment is 'Physician, heal thyself'.

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Next year we are planning on having the internets greatest sailors to speak. How far out do we need to book you Jack?

What about a Random and Jack double presentation. Should be interesting.

Just now, LB 15 said:

Having just returned from a week in your Harbour city Hoppy, my only comment is 'Physician, heal thyself'.

"Harbour city" sounds like skidknee.... We're the city by The Bay.

Were you on a 24/7 drinking session?

3 minutes ago, hoppy said:

That could work, but the beer tent at the end of the Keppel race is probably a more appropriate venue for that match up.

2 minutes ago, hoppy said:

"Harbour city" sounds like skidknee.... We're the city by The Bay.

Were you on a 24/7 drinking session?

No i was on dry July until last night. Sorry I forgot that you were from that place were footballers wear those tight shorts. We may have some odd bods up here in the deep north, but you have Meli.

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No i was on dry July until last night. Sorry I forgot that you were from that place were footballers wear those tight shorts. We may have some odd bods up here in the deep north, but you have Meli.

No matter who we have down here, no one will ever beat Joh and Flo and pumpkin scones.. 

We'd struggle to beat their big man side kick

dce411cb53b8df05fe76d2bcb5c3d743?width=6

6 minutes ago, hoppy said:

No matter who we have down here, no one will ever beat Joh and Flo and pumpkin scones.. 

We'd struggle to beat their big man side kick

dce411cb53b8df05fe76d2bcb5c3d743?width=6

Image result for cHOPPER READ

Image result for carl williams

Image result for mark jackson footballer

44 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The club only allowed women to be full members about 25 years ago

How far out do we need to book you Jack?

I forgot it is a Royal ....contact my manager Harry M and leave a message.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Image result for cHOPPER READ

Image result for carl williams

Image result for mark jackson footballer

At least we locked up two of those three.

Admittedly we fucked up in not locking Jacko for crimes against humanity

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hoppy said:

More interesting is after a year seeing which boat you are not buying this week Hoppy.

18 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

More interesting is after a year seeing which boat you are not buying this week Hoppy.

The boat I wont buy next week will be a stunner...

• Like 1