Sign in to follow this  
Fakenews

Sarah Huckabee kicked out of restaurant

She such an abnoxious asshole - good on the restaurant.

Pretty soon Trumpsters will be limited to the trump hotel for dining in DC metro.

http://www.newsweek.com/sarah-sanders-reportedly-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-then-yelp-reviews-992762

then her racist dad (an alleged Christian) tweeted this

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mike-huckabee-trashed-for-dog-whistling-dig-at-pelosi-racist-piece-of-sht/

Edit:  fortunately she was able to engorge herself at 3 other restaurants later that night.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

New rule notoriously horrible human beings and  their racists klan don’t get to eat at every privately owned restaurant.  Now if this happened at Kentucky fried chicken that’s  a different matter.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Sanders chooses to be the mouthpiece of someone who's actions are abhorrent to many.

She's not a pen pusher in trumps admin, she's not the person paid to take notes in trumps meetings.

She is his mouthpiece.

She is the one that chooses to be paid for promoting this admins policy and presenting those policies in the most favourable light.

Tossing her out of a restaurant because you do not want your brand tainted by association is perfectly within the owners rights...as would be tossing out the president himself.

Someone willing to lose business to uphold their principles should be lauded for that...yes..even those that refuse to bake cakes for gays.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of SS, but isn't this the height of hypocrisy?  Presumably, the restaurant owner leans left, you know, the party that preaches tolerance.  Plus, it denied other patrons the opportunity to tell jokes.  

Sarah Sanders' husband goes out one night and gets drunk. 

He comes home carrying a duck under his arm and slips into the bedroom. 

Sarah wakes up and turns on the light.

He says, "this is the pig I've been sleeping with."

Sarah says, "you're so drunk, you can't tell the difference between a pig and a duck."

He says, "I wasn't talking to you."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

New rule notoriously horrible human beings and  their racists klan don’t get to eat at every privately owned restaurant.  Now if this happened at Kentucky fried chicken that’s  a different matter.

Now suppose for a moment she went to the bakery and wished to purchase a cake and she was denied service based on her political or social affiliations, would you be good with that too?

I am not a fan of this.  I get that she works for an abhorrent piece of shit.  Does she tell her kids to emulate her boss?  I would hope not.  But... it is a business open to the public to serve the public.  She takes the money to do the job, in a town Full Of Political WHores who take the money to do the job.  

Keep in mind that she is a lying pile of shit, and I have made it pretty clear around here that I find lying pieces of shit to be just about the lowest form of life on earth, to the point that they are a detriment to our country...

but lying pieces of shit gotta eat too.  

This is silly and while it may feel good for a minute, it does nothing but exacerbate the festering divisions in this country.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

She such an abnoxious asshole - good on the restaurant.

Pretty soon Trumpsters will be limited to the trump hotel for dining in DC metro.

http://www.newsweek.com/sarah-sanders-reportedly-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-then-yelp-reviews-992762

then her racist dad (an alleged Christian) tweeted this

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mike-huckabee-trashed-for-dog-whistling-dig-at-pelosi-racist-piece-of-sht/

Edit:  fortunately she was able to engorge herself at 3 other restaurants later that night.

You probably think its Sanders this reflects poorly on.

The tolerant left sinks to new lows.  

Red Hen owner reveals she allowed employees to vote on booting Huckabee Sanders out of restaurant — and Sarah lost 

BOB BRIGHAM 
23 JUN 2018 AT 15:54 ET  

The owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Virginia explained why she ejected White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders from the establishment on Friday evening. 

Speaking with The Washington Post, owner Stephanie Wilkinson acknowledged that she may have threatened the economic health of her small business with her principled stand, but said she would do it again. 

“I’m not a huge fan of confrontation,” Wilkinson said. “I have a business, and I want the business to thrive. This feels like the moment in our democracy when people have to make uncomfortable actions and decisions to uphold their morals.” 

Wilkinson recounted how she was at home when she got a call informing her that Sanders was dining at the Red Hen, under a reservation made in her husband’s name. She raced to the business to investigate. 

Wilkinson explained that she queried her employees about what to do, knowing several employees were gay and all the staff had all watched the press secretary evade questions while defending Trump’s border separation policy. 

“Tell me what you want me to do. I can ask her to leave,” she told her employees. “They said yes.” 

The owner politely asked Sanders to step out on the patio “for a word.” 

more 
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/red-hen-owner-reveals-allowed-employees-vote-booting-huckbee-sanders-restaurant-sarah-lost/

20 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I am not a fan of this.  I get that she works for an abhorrent piece of shit.  Does she tell her kids to emulate her boss?  I would hope not.  But... it is a business open to the public to serve the public.  She takes the money to do the job, in a town Full Of Political WHores who take the money to do the job.  

Keep in mind that she is a lying pile of shit, and I have made it pretty clear around here that I find lying pieces of shit to be just about the lowest form of life on earth, to the point that they are a detriment to our country...

This is silly and while it may feel good for a minute, it does nothing but exacerbate the festering divisions in this country.  

I don't have a problem with booting Trumpettes out. They made a concious decision to support and work for a narcissistic white supremacist. Fuck 'em. Giving them the cold shoulder sends the message that they aren't welcome in civilized society.

14 minutes ago, lonesailor said:

And their social media is getting decimated. Dumbass  people play dumbass games.

How stupid are you?  spam reviews by non trumpian patron being taken down quickly restaurant has a 4.5 star rating. City is 100% against trump.A righteous and genius move dum dum... 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, notasockpuppet,really. said:

"But bake muh wedding cake!"

That court decision set the new standard. Too bad it blows up in your face also. Maybe should have thought of that ahead of time, dumb-asses.

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

How stupid are you?  spam reviews by non trumpian patron being taken down quickly restaurant has a 4.5 star rating. City is 100% against trump.A righteous and genius move dum dum... 

DC is heavily Democratic...sounds like the residents are going to make the Trump Party pretty unwelcome. Good for them.

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Your girl lost.

SAD!

IMG_20180623_174525.jpg

• Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, Dog said:

This is great stuff.  All these people driving our country to fascism should be shunned and shamed as often and publicly as possibly.

Sanders, Trump, Miller et al should face charges at The Hague for what they've done.  Fuck them all sideways

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lonesailor said:

Your girl lost.

SAD!

IMG_20180623_174525.jpg

Another dumb post.by you..

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Lying peices of shit can eat beans.

Sorry Sol. Sometimes all small people can do is withdraw their service to protest.

Once upon a time these actions were intended as a private slap in the face..social media makes that slap very public.

But Trump and his elk can hardly complain about using social media to woo the plebs.

I sincerely hope that service providers of all kinds do everything they legally can to let those Trump enablers know they are not welcome.

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

Now suppose for a moment she went to the bakery and wished to purchase a cake and she was denied service based on her political or social affiliations, would you be good with that too?

Yes. Such attribute are not protected.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Lying peices of shit can eat beans.

Sorry Sol. Sometimes all small people can do is withdraw their service to protest.

Once upon a time these actions were intended as a private slap in the face..social media makes that slap very public.

But Trump and his elk can hardly complain about using social media to woo the plebs.

I sincerely hope that service providers of all kinds do everything they legally can to let those Trump enablers know they are not welcome.

I think about whether I would accept a request to represent her.  It's a little bit different, because we have a tradition in the US of providing legal representation to even the most reprehensible defendant.  I would take her call and represent her right up until the first time she lied to me.  

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

You Trump 'tards should not be tolerated.   

I’m not sure where this tolerant thing comes from. I’m tolerant to races, colors, religions, gender, age

bit I feel free to not-tolerate assholes. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I think about whether I would accept a request to represent her.  It's a little bit different, because we have a tradition in the US of providing legal representation to even the most reprehensible defendant.  I would take her call and represent her right up until the first time she lied to me.  

Well that's OK then :D

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I’m not sure where this tolerant thing comes from. I’m tolerant to races, colors, religions, gender, age

bit I feel free to not-tolerate assholes. 

Ah, but one (insert gender)s arsehole is another (insert gender)s cunt.

Dunno about the US, but where I live discriminating against someone on the basis of political belief (and many other criteria such as race, religious belief, sexual identity, etc.) is illegal and no one is trying to change that. This action is also a direct attack on free speech.

To those who support this action, do you now think it's OK for republican business owners to refuse to serve anyone who holds non–republican views?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobG said:

Dunno about the US, but where I live discriminating against someone on the basis of political belief (and many other criteria such as race, religious belief, sexual identity, etc.) is illegal and no one is trying to change that. This action is also a direct attack on free speech.

To those who support this action, do you now think it's OK for republican business owners to refuse to serve anyone who holds non–republican views?

It's not about your views, it's about your level of influence.

Of course, some people would shake out a napkin for Vlad the Impaler  to make a buck..should one feel obliged to bring him a fresh glass for a measly wage?? no..the restaurant owner did the right thing by her employees..kudos to her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Are you sure you want what the Trump administration to define the "right"? 

• Like 1

It’s that lefty double standard.  Imagine if a restaurant owner that lost his health plan and his Doctor then refused service to an Obama staff member.  All of you thinking this was fine would be screaming the exact Opposite.  What if a group of trump supporters show up and trash the place.   Ok because the owner insulted their president?  Hey it worked in Ferguson. Burn this bitch down was accepted because it was an emotional moment. 

7 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Are you sure you want what the Trump administration to define the "right"? 

That horse has left the barn Mark.  I’m a Nazi simply because I pointed out that the problem at the border has gone on for a long time.   I also said it needs to be solved but that gets lost in the circle jerk. 

She shouldn’t have been refused service for her political views.   However since she is a known liar working for a known credit risk, it would be very reasonable for the restaurant to demand payment up front instead of trusting her not to run on the bill.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm sure the owner was following her sincerely held religious beliefs.

Edited by badlatitude
Edit to Add: Womp Womp
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, notasockpuppet,really. said:

so statistically speaking all blacks and Hispanics should pay first?

Why?    Do you believe all dark skinned Americans are serial liars and credit risks?

Mrs Sanders has proven herself to be a liar.   She has presented falsehoods publically multiple times, while representing the US government,   I have witnessed it.   Such a decision can be made based on the past behavior of the individual, protecting the business from undue risk.   

15 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

That horse has left the barn Mark.  I’m a Nazi simply because I pointed out that the problem at the border has gone on for a long time.   I also said it needs to be solved but that gets lost in the circle jerk. 

Is that a "no" or a "yes"? 

23 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

It’s that lefty double standard

That only exists in the minds of the right wing morons.

You guys set the standard, you got fucked. Tough shit trumptards.

23 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

What problem needs to be solved? 

The bullshit problem that Fox News has ginned up to keep you retards outraged and parnoid? You've been fed a steady diet of bullshit

7 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Is that a "no" or a "yes"? 

No - I don’t believe Trump defines the right. 

Yes - the left has decided he defines myself  and anyone right of Al Frankin 

2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

too bad he took over the Republican party, it's media, and has kicked out anyone who won't swear personnel allegiance out. If you little wannabe fascisct fucksticks are willing to smear all immigrants as MS13 you sure as shit are going to get smeared with Trumpstain.

Now, for $10, can you answer what's the difference between being Gay and being a Lying Whore for money on TV? Could it be personal choice?

The dumb bitch that owns the place just got doxed. Can't wait to hear the libtards cry about that.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, notasockpuppet,really. said:

no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg

Does this post imply all law enforcement officers are racist?   Next thing you will suggest all motorcycle gangs are dangerous groups of old folks threatening the peace.   

3 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Doesn't matter if we are good with it. Being willingly employed by Trump is not a protected class, so THE LAW is good with it. 

22 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Yes - the left has decided he defines myself  and anyone right of Al Frankin 

I take that as "no". In which case we have no reason to conclude the people who managed the restaurant that night were the "left". 

Here's the problem with labeling this a breakdown in civil discourse: I cite Newt's Observation: "You can't debate someone who lies all the time.". Discourse is a debate. Example: A kid takes another kid's lunch bag from right in front of him. The kid whose lunch was stolen says "You stole my lunch!" and the other kid replies, while holding it, "No I didn't". If the kid replies with violence we can not say he cause the breakdown in civil discourse. Shameless lying is incompatible with civil discourse, if not civilization itself. 

The Trumps were separating kids from their parents and irrefutably lied about their reason for doing so, and Sarah had to know it was a lie. Refusing service at a restaurant is perhaps the least of the natural escalations for the condition. If the Trumps think they can lie themselves into and out of anything they have another think coming. 

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

Here's the problem with labeling this a breakdown in civil discourse: I cite Newt's Observation "You can't debate someone who lies all the time.". Discourse is a debate. Example: A kid takes another kid's lunch bag from right in front of him. The kid whose lunch was stolen says "You stole my lunch!" and the other kid replies, while holding it, "No I didn't". If the kid replies with violence we can not say he cause the breakdown in civil discourse. Shameless lying is incompatible with civil discourse, if not civilization itself. 

This is why I've been saying it's okay to punch Nazis and otherwise shame them.   You know the "good people on both sides"-- how the one side with good people is calling for ethnic cleansing?  That is not discourse.  That is the same category of speech as yelling "shooter!"  in a crowded movie theater. 

Just now, Clove Hitch said:

This is why I've been saying it's okay to punch Nazis and otherwise shame them.   You know the "good people on both sides"-- how the one side with good people is calling for ethnic cleansing?  That is not discourse.  That is the same category of speech as yelling "shooter!"  in a crowded movie theater. 

We are now dealing with what the Millers and Nielsens and Kushners and Trumps hope will become the "White Reich".   

Shame is required.

• Like 1

Conservative columnist praises restaurant that threw Sarah Huckabee Sanders out: ‘decent human beings’ should ‘shame and shun’ 

MARTIN CIZMAR 
23 JUN 2018 AT 19:42 ET  

-snip- (about the Virginia restaurant incident

But in a new column about the “lost art of shunning,” conservative Washington Post writer Jennifer Rubin says the restaurant was right to eject Huckabee Sanders

In the wake of the Trump administration’s decision to lock migrant children in cages away from their parents, “it is both natural and appropriate for decent human beings to shame and shun the practitioners of such a policy.” Rubin does allow that it’s a slippery slope. 

“The notion of shunning or excluding or heckling can devolve into philosophical hair-splitting as to whether someone has engaged in normal public service or whether they’ve strayed outside the bounds of decent behavior,” she writes. “Each to his own method of expressing disdain and fury, I suppose.” 

But she thinks the restaurant owner was right—and that people like Huckabee Sanders and Kirstjen Nielsen should face consequences. 

“If you don’t want to provoke wrath, don’t continue to work for someone whose cruel and inhumane treatment of others rivals the internment of U.S. citizens and noncitizens of Japanese descent during World War II. “ 

Full article: 
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/conservative-columnist-praises-restaurant-threw-sarah-huckabee-sanders-decent-human-beings-shame-shun/

1 hour ago, Clove Hitch said:

I suppose when people honestly believe something they aren't lying. However obvious and shameless lies are an invitation to violence. Always have been and always will. There are only two options, unless one has courts of law, and Trump and his lawyers have already stated they are above the law so that's not an option, so: Capitulation and some form of physical act.

In this case it was refusing to serve them food. Hard to think of a gentler response.  I wonder if the Trumps are aware shameless lying is playing with fire? They are getting their first clues, I guess.   

15 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I suppose when people honestly believe something they aren't lying. However obvious and shameless lies are an invitation to violence. Always have been and always will. There are only two options, unless one has courts of law, and Trump and his lawyers have already stated they are above the law so that's not an option, so: Capitulation and some form of physical act.

In this case it was refusing to serve them food. Hard to think of a gentler response.  I wonder if the Trumps are aware shameless lying is playing with fire? They are getting their first clues, I guess.   

In that case, I would have served her...something other than what she ordered.  When she complained, well:

"I ordered chicken, you brought me fish.  I hate fish."

"You love fish, many people are saying it, belief me.  That is why you ordered fish."  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RobG said:

It's a private restaurant.  They reserve the right to serve who they want.  And it's pretty clear you don't live in the US, because if you did you'd know what free speech actually means.

2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

It's a private restaurant.  They reserve the right to serve who they want.  And it's pretty clear you don't live in the US, because if you did you'd know what free speech actually means.

So if someone ordered a cake, for a "couple",  then it would be okay for the baker to play this same game as well......??

your culture is a mess....

Just now, Keith said:

So if someone ordered a cake, for a "couple",  then it would be okay for the baker to play this same game as well......??

your culture is a mess....

Please bone up on what “protected” classes mean.

Sexual orientation? Protected in most states. 

Political orientation? Nope.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Please bone up on what “protected” classes mean.

Sexual orientation? Protected in most states. 

Political orientation? Nope.

Great country, keep up the good work, the world is watching.......

This situation is really very simple.

Lying cunts are not a protected class and can legally be refused service for that reason.

• Like 1

This is a prime example of Kompramat- the Trump team can happily spin this any way they want, and they will.  This is the insidious nature of what they do- if anyone rises to their level, they lose.  As is evidenced here.  There is no winning argument with it.  There is only witness to it.  I’d like to think that if people had come up to Sanders and politely told her what they thought of her, what would happen?

I’m not dewey eyed about this- I did this sort of thing during the anti Viet Nam war movement and got the snot pounded out of me on occasion, and I’m sure that Sanders would make anyone who approached her pay big time, but with phones and video, who knows?  She might actually get tired of it.  

But over the line anger is the new standard, so, probably not, judging by the scorn and derision Sarah likes to heap on the press, and you get what you give, no?  And her job is to split the country into tiny little pieces......

20 minutes ago, Keith said:

Great country, keep up the good work, the world is watching.......

That's exactly why places like the Red Hen are kicking out the xenophobic fascist pieces of shit.  We don't want the rest of the world to think America approves of the so-called president and his supporters.  Don't forget he lost the vote by millions.

• Like 3

I think the Red Hen was just trying to protect the buffet and all-you-can-eat tapioca bar from almost certain destruction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

…obvious and shameless lies are an invitation to violence. Always have been and always will.

What an absurd statement. When a child lies, do you think it's OK to respond with violence?

Politicians regularly tell lies and untruths. Pointing out those lies and bringing the politicians to account is the job of the media and news organisations. It's not the responsibility of individual citizens to respond with violence.

What seems to be missing is a sense of rationality. If the restauranter had refused Ms Sanders entry to their home or similar setting on moral grounds, that's fine. But as a business owner serving the public, refusing service to someone based on personal beliefs is not ethical.

6 minutes ago, RobG said:

But as a business owner serving the public, refusing service to someone based on personal beliefs is not ethical.

That's simply not true.  Richard Spencer-- the nazi-- has been booted and refused service from lots of places.  He was even kicked out of his gym when someone alerted management that a nazi was a member. 

Trump is a demagogue and a xenophobic piece of shit on top of being a pussy grabber.  He and his supporters deserve to be denied service and shamed loudly and publicly whenever possible.  

20 minutes ago, RobG said:

What an absurd statement. When a child lies, do you think it's OK to respond with violence?

Politicians regularly tell lies and untruths. Pointing out those lies and bringing the politicians to account is the job of the media and news organisations. It's not the responsibility of individual citizens to respond with violence.

What seems to be missing is a sense of rationality. If the restauranter had refused Ms Sanders entry to their home or similar setting on moral grounds, that's fine. But as a business owner serving the public, refusing service to someone based on personal beliefs is not ethical.

I disagree. I think it’s the height of ethics. Stay true to yourself and all that.

19 minutes ago, RobG said:

Children seldom lie when they know the lie is shameless and obvious, unless they are attempting to bully someone. 

• Like 1

What a waste of an opportunity. 

The gay folks could have stood all around the customer generally kissing, hugging, holding hands, grabbing pussies and posted photos all over social media. 

“Spokeswoman caught eating in gay restaurant”

• Downvote 1

Looks like Sarah broke a law. Should we lock her up? Take her kids?

“Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a),” Shaub tweeted Saturday, referencing the law that states government employees cannot use public office for private gain.

"The tweet also violated the endorsements ban, Shaub argued, since Sanders’s tweet was “an obvious corollary for discouraging patronage.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393816-ex-white-house-ethics-chief-sarah-sanders-tweet-on-restaurant-that

Suppose the gays had departed politely when the baker refused to design a cake for them?

Was that an option or was scoring political points more important?

From your cite:

On Friday night, Jaike Foley-Schultz, allegedly a waiter at The Red Hen, a restaurant in Virginia, took to Facebook to announce that Sanders was prevented from eating at their establishment.

“I just served Sarah huckabee sanders for a total of 2 minutes before my owner kicked her out along with 7 of her other family members…” he wrote.

Sanders confirmed the incident in a Saturday morning tweet saying, "Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left," she wrote. "Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so."

Suppose the gays had departed politely when the baker refused to design a cake for them?

4 hours ago, bhyde said:

Looks like Sarah broke a law. Should we lock her up? Take her kids?

“Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a),” Shaub tweeted Saturday, referencing the law that states government employees cannot use public office for private gain.

"The tweet also violated the endorsements ban, Shaub argued, since Sanders’s tweet was “an obvious corollary for discouraging patronage.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393816-ex-white-house-ethics-chief-sarah-sanders-tweet-on-restaurant-that

She was not served because of her job.  I would think that using her work account to respond is legit.

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Both of them decided to score political points. Only one of them had enough law behind them to make a legal case of the matter.

33 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Both of them decided to score political points. Only one of them had enough law behind them to make a legal case of the matter.

No, I suspect that both Sarah and the Owner were just going to let it go.

It was the waiter who needed to proudly proclaim his or her bold stand.

It was a party of seven in a really small restaurant.  I wonder why they accepted her reservation.

Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

Proverbs 12:22

37 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

No, I suspect that both Sarah and the Owner were just going to let it go.

What you "suspect" might have happened in some hypothetical different world doesn't mean jack. Whatever her reasons, Sarah decided to score political points in her comment about the matter on Twitter. Unlike the baker, however, the restaurant owner did not do something the law states is prohibited. 

14 hours ago, Dog said:

No, I thought it reflected poorly on you Doggy.  Then on that lying fuckwit Trump, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Fucking hilarious that the same lying turds who supported the anti-gay baker, are against the owner of the eatery.

11 hours ago, RobG said:

You are correct.  You don't know a few things about the US - at least regarding Constitutional protections.

For example, you should look up the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution, and pay very careful attention to the first 5 words.

The list of protected classes must be expanded.  It isn't just unfair.  It is SO Unfair.

36048602_2160071194214418_48596935619955

13 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

This is great stuff.  All these people driving our country to fascism should be shunned and shamed as often and publicly as possibly.

Sanders, Trump, Miller et al should face charges at The Hague for what they've done.  Fuck them all sideways

On what charges?

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

The owner and Sarah didn't say anything publicly about it until the waiter decided to shoot their mouth off.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that anybody was making a legal case of it. 

I'm pretty sure that freedom of speech applies to both parties and that being a public figure doesn't mean that you just have to take whatever is thrown at you without a response. 

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

On what charges?

Crimes Against Humanity.

Just now, random said:

Crimes Against Humanity.

Like what?

Just now, random said:

Crimes Against Humanity.

Such as?

Killing the fucking planet ... for greed.  How much do they really need?

stealing...sorry..borrowing..um kidnapping..I dunno. what is the word for taking children away from their parents illegally ?and then losing them?..sorry..being unable to reunite them, sorry..gee there seems to be a little confusion here

Immigration attorneys say not much has changed for their clients being held in detention centers, despite President Donald Trump signing an executive order to stop separating children from parents illegally crossing the border.

Jodi Goodwin, a lawyer from Garlingen, Texas, told CNN on Friday that all 25 of her adult clients have children, but only two have been able to contact them by phone. However, those parents still don't know their children's location, she said.
"I've had clients that have been detained for two and a half weeks and they still don't know where their children are," she said.
The cautious relief that came after Trump's executive order has turned into widespread confusion among detained immigrant parents and their lawyers.
Distraught parents are searching for their children separated from them weeks ago, some as young as 9 months old. Some parents are trying to track them down from immigration detention, where resources and phone calls are limited.
Many of the at least 2,300 children separated from their migrant parents since May are in far-flung shelters and foster homes nationwide -- hundreds of miles away from the southern border.
The process of reuniting parents and children is so chaotic, even immigrant rights organizations and lawyers are frantically working through a maze of unknowns.

'It takes time. It's slow'

When children are separated at the border, they are designated as "unaccompanied alien children" and sent to facilities in states such as Michigan, New York and South Carolina. In the past, more than 100 shelters in 17 states have housed unaccompanied children.
In some cases, federal officials secretly sent the children to city facilities without notifying the local government, as was the case in New York City, making finding them even more complicated.
US officials are not doing much to help reunite families, according to lawyers and immigrants rights group. Trump's executive order does not address the uniting of families already separated -- and existing policies place the onus on parents to find their own children.
But that's a problem for detained parents.
Goodwin said her clients reported they were not given a phone number that immigrant parents are supposed to call if they want information about their children. Her clients who did contact their children got the phone number from another detainee, not somebody working for the detention center, Goodwin said.
"You would think that that information would be posted," she said. "They have told me it's not posted."
"It seems like just a very painful bureaucratic process taking place," said attorney Efrén Olivares of the Texas Civil Rights Project, which is helping reunite the families.
"It takes time. It's slow. It's not transparent. Even for the attorneys representing these parents," Olivares said, adding that of the 400 separated children his organization has tried to track down, only one has been reunited with a relative in the United States.

CNN visits a shelter

Heartland Alliance in Chicago have 451 children in their care, most of whom entered the US without a family member or guardian.

Heartland Alliance in Chicago have 451 children in their care, most of whom entered the US without a family member or guardian.
A look inside Heartland Alliance in Chicago.

A look inside Heartland Alliance in Chicago.
On Friday, federal authorities gave CNN reporter Dianne Gallagher a tour of the Homestead Temporary Shelter for "Unaccompanied Alien Children" in South Florida. She was not allowed to talk to the children or take photos inside.
The shelter, a vacant Job Corps site, has been open and holding minors since March. It houses 1,179 youth -- 792 males and 387 females -- aged 13-17 and is the second-largest shelter in the country. Most of these kids are from El Salvador, Guatemala or Honduras.
Children are separated by gender into groups of 12 per dorm room. They wear badges with bar codes on lanyards around their necks. CNN saw adult workers scanning them into each door they entered.
Most children were wearing clothes given to them by Health & Human Services. They get five days worth of clothing -- boys in various shades of blue, girls in pink and red, T-shirts and shorts for the most part.
They walked CNN through the "school" portion of the campus. Gallagher said it looked like a rundown elementary school with large cutouts of Disney princesses and Doc McStuffins on the walls. The students' artwork was displayed on walls, along with American civic posters describing the three branches of government, the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.
Art is one of the classes on the schedule, as are math, reading, history, English as second language, physical education and "vocational classes."
There were large, banquet style folding tables and chairs, some mismatched, in most rooms. Gallagher did not see desks or computers -- but that doesn't mean they aren't there. This was a quick tour.
The schedule says the children wake up at 6:30 a.m. and lights go out at 10 p.m. Weekends have religious services and more free time.
Director Leslie Wood said fewer than 70 of the children were separated from their parents at the border due to Trump administration zero tolerance policy. Two days ago, HHS told US Sen. Bill Nelson and local reporters 94 children arrived because of zero tolerance. When asked about the disparity in numbers, Wood said they were reunited.

ICE: Parents decide if children return

Parents decide if they'll get deported with or without their children, Henry Lucero, a field office director for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told a roundtable of lawmakers in Weslaco, Texas.
Lucero said a parent in ICE custody is asked if they want to be repatriated with or without their children.
ICE says "a majority" of parents are opting to be deported without their child so the children can go through the immigration system, he said.
If the parent decides to have their child back, the consulate of their origin country will work with ICE to reunite the parents and children while they are still in the United States.
Ryan Patrick, US attorney for Southern District of Texas, said prosecutions for illegal entry are up 266% since zero tolerance went into effect.

Dozens reconnected

Melissa Lopez helps reunite separated immigrant children with their parents, and she's been busy.
Lawyers have sent her organization several requests from distraught parents searching for their children after crossing the border through El Paso.
"They will send us a list and say, 'please check,' " said Lopez, who serves as the executive director of Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services in El Paso, Texas.
"It's been kind of crazy the level that it's been happening. Many of the attorneys, we send them information on one child and they're sending us two or three more requests right after that."
So far, they have reconnected between 20 to 30 families over the phone. As facilities reach capacity, children are increasingly being sent to other parts of the country, away from where their parents are detained, Lopez said. There's no easy system to match family members, she said, and phone calls are a crucial, immediate way to reconnect.
"The government provides absolutely no tools to these families to try and reunite them. They separate them and make no sort of effort or feel any sort of responsibility about making sure either party knows where the other is," Lopez said. "It definitely is challenging."
The Office of Refugee Resettlement provides parents with a hotline to call for details on a separated child, and says it will work across agencies to schedule regular phone communication.
"They (parents) have to hope that somebody reaches out to follow up. It's a really inhumane system," Lopez said.

A mother's anguish

Cindy Madrid had heard her daughter's voice in an anguished voice recording released by investigative news nonprofit ProPublica. In it, Alisson can be heard begging for someone to call her aunt as she recites the phone number she memorized during the 17-day journey from their native El Salvador to the US border.
"Imagine, all these days without knowing anything about my daughter, without talking to her, without seeing her. Without any information about anything," Madrid says.
On Friday, Jeff Eller, spokesperson for Southwest Key Programs, said the child heard in the ProPublica audio has communicated directly with her mother. Eller did not identify Madrid by name.
"We can confirm that the child has been assigned a case manager who, on the day she arrived at our shelter, began the process of safe reunification. On the first day, the child spoke to her aunt and has spoken to her since. The child was able to speak with her mother for 30 minutes yesterday. We are continuing to provide this child with excellent care and are advocating for safe reunification on her behalf, as well as continued communication with her mother and aunt."

Hope amid chaos

In Texas, one small shelter has found success reuniting young children with family members.
Three children placed at Catholic Charities Fort Worth were reunited with their relatives this week after getting separated at the border, said Heather Reynolds, the group's executive director.
The reunions provided a much-needed ray of optimism in an otherwise grim situation.
Catholic Charities is currently housing about a dozen children separated from their family members in the weeks after the administration's zero-tolerance policy took effect, Reynolds said. The policy to refer all adults for charges was publicly announced May 7, leading to thousands of child separations.
"They're hurting, they're worried, they're worried about mom and dad," she said. "We have seen an increase in crying, nightmares, things like that."
The children are from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, and are between ages 5 and 12. They go to a school on-site for half their day and focus on English and geography lessons.
"We spend a lot of time on geography, on the journey that they've been on and where they will be going to," Reynolds said.
So far, the administration has not provided details on how it plans to unite the children separated from their families.
"It is still very early and we are awaiting further guidance on the matter," said Brian Marriott, a families' division spokesman for the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Frustrated with the family separations, a California couple started a Facebook fundraising campaign to reunite children separated from their parents. They've raised $17 million so far, and plan to continue despite Trump's order, which ends the separation of families by detaining parents and children together.

Action in New York

New York City is devising a plan to team attorneys with each parent and child.
Once the city can determine who is in the foster care system, find out where children are and determine their needs, it will offer services, authorities said.
The city needs key information in order to arrange for lawyers to connect with detained parents.
"The federal government hasn't created a system that allows for there to be a clear path forward," said Bitta Mostofi, NYC's commissioner of Immigrant Affairs.
Children in New York separated from their parents due to the zero-tolerance policy are experiencing nightmares, disorientation and anxiety according to Mario Russell, lead attorney for Catholic Charities, which is legally representing some separated children. Russell said no children have begun the reunification process.

CNN's Polo Sandoval, Linh Tran, Melanie Schuman, Mark Morales, David Shortell and Jamiel Lynch contributed to this report.