Fakenews

Tebow turning heads in Mets org.

Recommended Posts

He has taken a Coach's Assistant position of the Peanut Tossing Venders

Thought - They can learn fro ml hs mistakes 

1st NFL player to Take a Knee BTW ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's trying, that's good. He's willing to put in the work, gotta give him credit for that.

It's a tough road to MLB though, a minor has to be in the top 10% of players to get the chance. Tebow is famous, he'll draw, so maybe in his case, 20%.

Where does he rank overall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mikewof said:

He's trying, that's good. He's willing to put in the work, gotta give him credit for that.

It's a tough road to MLB though, a minor has to be in the top 10% of players to get the chance. Tebow is famous, he'll draw, so maybe in his case, 20%.

Where does he rank overall?

5%

Bottom, butt 5% none the less :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when Lennie Briscoe's partner was moaning about how much MLB players were paid and Lennie said "Look at it this way - only 700 guys in the entire world can do what they do".

I once heard that hitting a MLB fastball was the most difficult thing to do in all of sport - can anyone confirm that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a search and apparently  you are an Australian who knows shit all about American CFB.  I’m no Tebow fan but he won two national championships and a Heisman trophy running for more tds than a little known RB Hershel Walker.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-11-17/tim-tebow-sets-ncaa-record-rushing-passing-touchdowns-same-season

Again not a fan but he is among the greatest to ever play CFB.

PS grown men especially athletes routinely cry.  Grow up troll.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been gone for 5 years. A veteran of the Daniel Taylor Wars and often crossed swords with a jack off named Bull Gaytor. Me thinks this Fakenews person might be our favorite football loving puke from FU. Am I wrong?

GP DUI Blur.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

I remember when Lennie Briscoe's partner was moaning about how much MLB players were paid and Lennie said "Look at it this way - only 700 guys in the entire world can do what they do".

I once heard that hitting a MLB fastball was the most difficult thing to do in all of sport - can anyone confirm that?

Who cares about how hard it is. I’ve tried and it’s bloody terrifying!  (Friend of a friend is an MLB pitcher, World Series MVP actually, and he let a bunch of us try to hit simple fastballs up the middle)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I remember when Lennie Briscoe's partner was moaning about how much MLB players were paid and Lennie said "Look at it this way - only 700 guys in the entire world can do what they do".

I once heard that hitting a MLB fastball was the most difficult thing to do in all of sport - can anyone confirm that?

Never heard of cricket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lying Malarky said:

Never heard of cricket?

Hitting a sphere with a cylinder is significantly more difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting a baseball is a difficult skill for sure.  Michael Jordan couldn't do it even though he was a superior athlete. It takes good hand eye coordination, quickness, and to succeed at the big league level you need to be stupid enough to stay put when they throw a curveball which starts out looking like they threw it at your head only to have it cross the plate.

For athletic freakiness, I think Tour de France riders take the cake though.  The endurance required is extraordinary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maddog said:

I have been gone for 5 years. A veteran of the Daniel Taylor Wars and often crossed swords with a jack off named Bull Gaytor. Me thinks this Fakenews person might be our favorite football loving puke from FU. Am I wrong?

GP DUI Blur.jpg

Bingo! It’s baaaaaaack......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I remember when Lennie Briscoe's partner was moaning about how much MLB players were paid and Lennie said "Look at it this way - only 700 guys in the entire world can do what they do".

I once heard that hitting a MLB fastball was the most difficult thing to do in all of sport - can anyone confirm that?

Nope

A well thrown MLB slider is much harder to hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cousin in law was a minor league pitcher w a nasty knuckler.

 want to talk about an impossible pitch to hit!

  he would bet us we couldn't even put wood on the ball and always won.

  I would concur that hitting an mlb pitch of any flavor is the hardest thing to do in all of sports...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sam_crocker said:

Hitting a baseball is a difficult skill for sure.  Michael Jordan couldn't do it even though he was a superior athlete. It takes good hand eye coordination, quickness, and to succeed at the big league level you need to be stupid enough to stay put when they throw a curveball which starts out looking like they threw it at your head only to have it cross the plate.

For athletic freakiness, I think Tour de France riders take the cake though.  The endurance doping required is extraordinary. 

Fixed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maddog said:

I have been gone for 5 years. A veteran of the Daniel Taylor Wars and often crossed swords with a jack off named Bull Gaytor. Me thinks this Fakenews person might be our favorite football loving puke from FU. Am I wrong?

GP DUI Blur.jpg

Troubling news if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I did a search and apparently  you are an Australian who knows shit all about American CFB.  I’m no Tebow fan but he won two national championships and a Heisman trophy running for more tds than a little known RB Hershel Walker.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-11-17/tim-tebow-sets-ncaa-record-rushing-passing-touchdowns-same-season

Again not a fan but he is among the greatest to ever play CFB.

PS grown men especially athletes routinely cry.  Grow up troll.

Aw+Jeez,+not+this+shit+again!.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lying Malarky said:

Of course it is.......

Baseball scores are like 4 or 5.

Cricket scores are like 175.

'Nuff said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a few years back when the mlb all-star game was in town,  mlb of course had their  public party near down town to which I went..

they had a batting cage setup with a pitching machine that sent 90mph fastballs down the middle... very ,very few people made contact with the ball..  standing near the tarp in the back of the cage and listening to the ball hit the tarp, I have a lot of respect for the ball players that take one in the ribs and somehow make it over to first base..

it's no wonder the batters get so pissed after they get hit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My little league career sort of came to an end when the other guys realized I couldn't handle a big sweeping curve ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Gator, is that you?

I did a search on this Gator character apparently a notorious poster.  Not much if any content.  Looks like he quit here more than 5 years ago but is still living in the heads of some who post here. 

I am fakenews and I have no socks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Baseball scores are like 4 or 5.

Cricket scores are like 175.

'Nuff said.

Cricketers get more chances to miss.

The ball in both sports travel same speeds.

Distance from person with ball to person with bat is the same.

Do the math.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 3:25 AM, Maddog said:

I have been gone for 5 years. A veteran of the Daniel Taylor Wars and often crossed swords with a jack off named Bull Gaytor. Me thinks this Fakenews person might be our favorite football loving puke from FU. Am I wrong?

GP DUI Blur.jpg

It took you THIS long to figure that out????  Gay-tor is not even very good at hiding it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lying Malarky said:

Cricketers get more chances to miss.

The ball in both sports travel same speeds.

Distance from person with ball to person with bat is the same.

Do the math.......

175 - 5 = 170

Croquet wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

175 - 5 = 170

Croquet wins.

A good strike rate in cricket might be 60 runs per 100 balls. A single hit in cricket can yield 6 runs. Scoring is so different that making comparisons based on scoring is ludicrous.

Distance vs speed.

If its too complicated for the 3 strikes and you're out crew, I can go bang my head up against American exeptionalism in PA.

And hitting someone in the head at 90mph is part of cricket....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maddog said:

Post a pic of yourself to compare to the DUI mug shot.

Aww... good times.

Image result for gays on vespas

The latest sighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lying Malarky said:

A good strike rate in cricket might be 60 runs per 100 balls. A single hit in cricket can yield 6 runs. Scoring is so different that making comparisons based on scoring is ludicrous.

Distance vs speed.

If its too complicated for the 3 strikes and you're out crew, I can go bang my head up against American exeptionalism in PA.

And hitting someone in the head at 90mph is part of cricket....

I hate hitting those wire wickets. Particularly the sticky ones.  Croquet is harder than it looks, fer sure, fer sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It took you THIS long to figure that out????  Gay-tor is not even very good at hiding it.  

We should do a reset with him, he obviously likes to spend time here. And Gator, you don't need to be coy anymore, the mods who vigilently kicked you out aren't mods anymore.

University of Florida produced some excellent teams, they even won hoops and football national championships in the same year. So can we let the whole "superiority of Florida" thing rest for a year or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was behind the plate for an informal pitching speed contest, a good college level pitcher and an excellent high school level submarine pitcher. Terrifying. I'll never argue against the supreme difficulty of hitting a ball with a cylinder. And the need for split-second decision making to swing or not, holy hell.

But ...

At least when the batter takes the plate he gets to stand on solid ground, with cleats, and not on nearly frictionless ice, balanced on knives. And when he does his money-making action, five guys with knives on their feet and sticks aren't trying to knock his teeth out, while trying to maintain accuracy while being physically exerted nearly to the level of a soccer player.

I coach my son's baseball team, I'm regularly amazed at how well these kids pick up the nuances of fielding, hitting and even pitching. I even wonder if maybe hitting that ball taps into some kind of evolutionary sweet spot, it just seems so unlikely. But sweet smoking Mariah, it ain't ice hockey, that requires a different level of superhuman abilities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mikewof said:

We should do a reset with him, he obviously likes to spend time here. And Gator, you don't need to be coy anymore, the mods who vigilently kicked you out aren't mods anymore.

University of Florida produced some excellent teams, they even won hoops and football national championships in the same year. So can we let the whole "superiority of Florida" thing rest for a year or two?

I still don't recall if gaytor was kicked out by the mods or if he just slinked away on his own.  It was like one day he just wasn't there, but I don't recall a specific transgression that would have gotten him flicked.  Although he was coming unraveled gradually and getting more and more dysfunctional by the week.  I suspect he checked himself into rehab and just recently resurfaced after a difficult fight with some addiction.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 8:24 PM, Fakenews said:

I didn’t think

Tim Tebow who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I still don't recall if gaytor was kicked out by the mods or if he just slinked away on his own.  It was like one day he just wasn't there, but I don't recall a specific transgression that would have gotten him flicked.  Although he was coming unraveled gradually and getting more and more dysfunctional by the week.  I suspect he checked himself into rehab and just recently resurfaced after a difficult fight with some addiction.  

bj in one of the long whiny threads said they flicked him..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mad said:

Image result for gays on vespas

The latest sighting.

waiting for Valet @ PlayBoys Mansion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I did a search on this Gator character apparently a notorious poster.  Not much if any content.  Looks like he quit here more than 5 years ago but is still living in the heads of some who post here. 

I am fakenews and I have no socks.

 

 

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

It took you THIS long to figure that out????  Gay-tor is not even very good at hiding it.  

Brother, I haven't posted in about 5 years. Against my better judgement, I take a quick peak and see the mangled context, awful sentence structure and the transparent game of peek-a-boo. It took me 10 mins to see his game. Was that too long?

WomenLiveLonger4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Maddog said:

 

Brother, I haven't posted in about 5 years. Against my better judgement, I take a quick peak and see the mangled context, awful sentence structure and the transparent game of peek-a-boo. It took me 10 mins to see his game. Was that too long?

WomenLiveLonger4.jpg

obvously Kolage edjucated

 

nav_logo.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

obvously Kolage edjucated

nav_logo.png

You fogotte the sloggen, slitey modifided;

"If you notte fackeniewes, you our fackniewes baitte!"                                :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Maddog said:

 

Brother, I haven't posted in about 5 years. Against my better judgement, I take a quick peak and see the mangled context, awful sentence structure and the transparent game of peek-a-boo. It took me 10 mins to see his game. Was that too long?

WomenLiveLonger4.jpg

You haven’t posted in 5 years but yet you stayed an active member.  WTF?  Did you spend those years in a mental health facility?  I don’t know this Gator character but man he totally owns your (smallish) head so props to him.   I did a quick search and apparently you are a USC reject.

SAD.

PS your garbled sentence would have been improved if you used the word took instead of take.  Not much but a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I haven’t posted in 5 years but yet I stayed an active lurker.  WTF?  Did I spend those years in a mental health facility?  I know this Gator character but man he totally owns my (smallish) head so props to him.   I did a quick search and apparently the function is still as fucked as a UF reject.

I’M SAD.

PS my garbled sentence would have been improved if I had used the word sock instead.  Not much but a little.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

obvously Kolage edjucated

Probably attended MIT

But we'll never know since they can't post images of their diplomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Probably attended MIT

But we'll never know since they can't post images of their diplomas.

That would make a meeting of the mind, it’s seem they have part ownership and have to share it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Tebow ain't Bo...

 

bo-jackson.jpg

Bo Don't Surf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

You haven’t posted in 5 years but yet you stayed an active member.  WTF?  Did you spend those years in a mental health facility?  I don’t know this Gator character but man he totally owns your (smallish) head so props to him.   I did a quick search and apparently you are a USC reject.

SAD.

PS your garbled sentence would have been improved if you used the word took instead of take.  Not much but a little.

Hook, Line and Sinker

Gaytor Church.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the OP, it is a compelling idea, I have to admit, Tebow in the MLB. But it seems unlikely, based on his hitting. His hitting average is 0.251, link, which is decent enough to probably remain on the Rumble Ponies for the rest of the season, but it seems too far down the chain for any major to really care. 0.251 isn't even close to the bubble for the MLB, let alone being exceptional enough for the majors, since the pitching in AA isn't as difficult.

He would have to really light up the rest of the season to have a shot, unless someone moves him up as a front-office draw. And that seems unlikely, because now that he has a few months in, he's going to lose the advantage of the unknown hitter, there is tape on him now, and the coaches are going to know how to pick him apart. He might well have some hidden pockets of resiliency, but more likely, he's a one-trick pony ... it takes years to develop the ability to adapt at the plate.

He's going to get some good experience out of this for another book, but it seems unlikely to me that he'll get called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't trying out for the US Bobsled team at some point in the future. Poor guy just can't accept the fact that is just isn't a good enough athlete to make it at the highest levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chinabald said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't trying out for the US Bobsled team at some point in the future. Poor guy just can't accept the fact that is just isn't a good enough athlete to make it at the highest levels. 

I hear there's might be an opening on the US Women's Softball team.  But I doubt Timmy could hit a women's fastball softball pitch.  I think the next step for him is:

waterboy+header.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chinabald said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't trying out for the US Bobsled team at some point in the future. Poor guy just can't accept the fact that is just isn't a good enough athlete to make it at the highest levels. 

He knows. He's smart, he's doing this for his brand, and he is an outstanding all-around athlete, but the days of the all-around athlete is gone for now, it's the age of the specialist. So he's doing what a generalist does ... he cobbles together something that resembles a career, and then sells his story in books and the networks, probably a lot of churches, does the Christian thing as well as a single 30-year-old guy can do it. His brand carries a ton of cachet for the faithful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mikewof said:

He knows. He's smart, he's doing this for his brand, and he is an outstanding all-around athlete, but the days of the all-around athlete is gone for now, it's the age of the specialist. So he's doing what a generalist does ... he cobbles together something that resembles a career, and then sells his story in books and the networks, probably a lot of churches, does the Christian thing as well as a single 30-year-old guy can do it. His brand carries a ton of cachet for the faithful.

he would fumble or be intercepted giving communion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

he would fumble or be intercepted giving communion 

The Pittsburg Steelers say hi.....

im no Tebow fan but when he took over as starting QB for the Broncos he won 8 games in a row according to my nutty Gator niehbor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The Pittsburg Steelers say hi.....

im no Tebow fan but when he took over as starting QB for the Broncos he won 8 games in a row according to my nutty Gator niehbor.

Dude, come out of the closet already.. 99.999999 of the people here know you're Gator..  Just deal with it... we don't care...  You're once of the gang, you're kind of like that obnoxious cousin you have to invite the wedding and hope they don't R.S.V.P.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Dude, come out of the closet already.. 99.999999 of the people here know you're Gator..  Just deal with it... we don't care...  You're once of the gang, you're kind of like that obnoxious cousin you have to invite the wedding and hope they don't R.S.V.P.

 

 

I gotta say while I’m not now a Gator fan my neighbor makes a compelling case.  Maybe this fall I’ll be rooting for them I’ll have to gradually ease into it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I hope meet this Gator dude some time. Sounds like he’s a real character.

PS that’s a good looking bengal cat...

You no Ozzey ist an ocellotte                      :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.  I wanted a Savanah not practical, no Bengals to be had for six months so I got a Occitat.  Great cat but died of cancer last year a 6yo.  Down to a big old shelter cat who’s the second best cat I’ve ever had.  I’m thinking of getting him a beagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Nice.  I wanted a Savanah not practical, no Bengals to be had for six months so I got a Occitat.  Great cat but died of cancer last year a 6yo.  Down to a big old shelter cat who’s the second best cat I’ve ever had.  I’m thinking of getting him a beagle.

Yup, it's Gov.  BG could spell at a 6th grade level.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Dude, come out of the closet already.. 99.999999 of the people here know you're Gator..  Just deal with it... we don't care...  You're once of the gang, you're kind of like that obnoxious cousin you have to invite the wedding and hope they don't R.S.V.P.

 

 

I'm with Cal, I think it's a Gatorfake, he didn't jump all over the two national championships thing.

If it is Gouv, then beers up for Gouv, he had me going, he did a solid job of matching Gator's tone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 6:13 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Tim Tebow who?

A 30 year old guy who just managed to break into AA ball this year. Been batting in the .250-ish range against AA pitching, but for the last 10 games has managed to average about .320.  Reports are his fielding has improved. However he is not yet listed as one of that team's top five prospects, but somehow managed to be named as one of their reps to the Eastern AA all star team. Several notes about this guy being "excellent for attendance", which explains the anomaly.

  At 30 it's likely they seek to push him right up like this, a recipe for failure, but there is no sense in bringing a 30 year old along slow. Sink or swim.

From Heisman to the Birmingham Rumble Ponies... O the humanity.... 

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tell my ny nutty Gator friend the same thing but the Mets suck, there attendance sucks and he might just become the best player in their lineup. But if he hits a game winning walk off homer vs. CC Sabathia that would be troubling and I may have to have words with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now