Anybody find out the autopsy results yet?

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2018/06/queens_cup_yacht_race_particip.html

frog--- he was talking about the results from the post-race fatality.   It's been pretty quiet.  Assume some kinda cardiac event but have no specific knowledge other than 41 year old guy from Milwaukee found in the cabin of a boat deceased.

3 hours ago, ockam-nokam said:

Linkie no workie.

lmgtfy-676x380.jpg.dac0a44cfe19e70d9e026b05d6fc89b9.jpg

Got a name,  Unofficially the sailor who died was Matt Morden from SSYC ,  no further information

Ah sorry could not open the link, thought they were talking the small fleet. Sorry to hear about the dearth of a sailor

Really strange.  My immediate thought was it was due to a post race fun... but I reread some of the articles and it more sounds like he was found in the cabin post race?  Really really quite????

Reality is when someone passes, no one immediately knows what the cause was (unless obvious like a gunshot). There is no suspected foul play according to the reports. Autopsies are required when police suspect foul play, otherwise they are left to the family to decide if they want one performed.  And then if toxicology is part of it, those take weeks to get results. Then, it is private information, not public information. Only if the family wishes to share the results would we ever learn what had occurred.  Answers in this field are not instantaneous.

Regrets to all involved.

We docked near the body. Somebody said that he had gone down quite early because he wasn't feeling well and when they went to wake him at the finish he was cold. There was blood coming out of his nose.  I think he'd passed a long time earlier. 

Really sad. Didn't know him but he will be missed by many.  Especially sad he left behind an 11 year old daughter.... Hopefully a fund is set up and some people can be generous. 

Guess crew checked on him and he was snoring during the race.... 

19 hours ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

Don’t be a dick. A sailor with a family died. I deleted your content from the quote hoping you’re a decent enough human to delete that post. 

On 6/26/2018 at 12:06 PM, Glenn McCarthy said:

Reality is when someone passes, no one immediately knows what the cause was (unless obvious like a gunshot). There is no suspected foul play according to the reports. Autopsies are required when police suspect foul play, otherwise they are left to the family to decide if they want one performed.  And then if toxicology is part of it, those take weeks to get results. Then, it is private information, not public information. Only if the family wishes to share the results would we ever learn what had occurred.  Answers in this field are not instantaneous.

Regrets to all involved.

Actually all your words here are new info to me, fully believable and (for me) explain some other recent life experiences.    Thanks for the intel here Glen !  Sometimes SA can be useful and informative .

This is very sad news. Matt was a great guy and I have wonderful memories of growing up and seeing him every summer on the Lake Michigan junior sailing circuit. Matt and his family were wonderful hosts during the Kaszube Cup each year. An infectious smile and a ton of fun energy. RIP Matt. 

Very sad to hear about. Hopefully everyone involved has been able to find some peace with it.