Sign in to follow this  
TMSAIL

Obama ahead of all modern presidents

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/07/02/obama-george-w-bush-quinnipiac-poll-reagan-clinton/11985837/

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

We've been through this before. Presidential rankings are decided by historians, not pollsters and for obvious reasons.

Oh please if this was reversed you would have started a thread by now. 

As to your point it’s typical of the left to dismiss the opinions of the American people. 

2 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

As to your point it’s typical of the left to dismiss the opinions of the American people. 

The only way I would post something like that if it was a historical ranking. Pollsters are not going to give an accurate assessment of a president's accomplishments, they are going to publish a popularity contest.

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Because the left are not the American people. 

19 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/07/02/obama-george-w-bush-quinnipiac-poll-reagan-clinton/11985837/

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

What a shit poll. It’s not who was worst. It’s who had the most people say worst. 35% say he was the worst. That matches the racist % pretty closely.

• Like 1

Poor snowflakes. Your hero is considered to be the worst by the people that actually lived under his administration.  He only received 8% of the votes for best president.  

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Poor snowflakes. Your hero is considered to be the worst by the people that actually lived under his administration.  He only received 8% of the votes for best president.  

You're funny, this poll will be forgotten in a week. The presidential rankings change little, the last one in March, ranked Donald Trump last and I bet before it's over he is removed from the list altogether.

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

85E66FC8-4610-48CA-A761-BE84E7480B60.png

Well, I've lived during a term of every one of those guys and am just under the US average age at death.  The median age of the US is about 38.  Which means half the population of the US started counting on that chart at Reagan.

Kennedy was assassinated and has an enduring legend.  I'm pretty sure as time goes on the numbers will change and theyy will all drop off the bottom

On 6/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, TMSAIL said:

That's one the most assinine statements I've read in quite a while.

I don't think the rash from the Bush Supporter is ever going to heal. Couple of points - newest guy(s) rank the lowest and Reagan won? Uh, never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Well, I've lived during a term of every one of those guys and am just under the US average age at death.  The median age of the US is about 38.  Which means half the population of the US started counting on that chart at Reagan.

Kennedy was assassinated and has an enduring legend.  I'm pretty sure as time goes on the numbers will change and theyy will all drop off the bottom

My bad for not including the link - http://www.people-press.org/2018/07/11/obama-tops-publics-list-of-best-president-in-their-lifetime-followed-by-clinton-reagan/

88C13783-5BC4-47B5-95B4-309445F58CC5.png

16 minutes ago, Sean said:

That kind of makes the point.  The question was phrased as "in your lifetime".  Carter lost to Reagan in 1980, 38 years ago so the millenials couldn't use a choice on anyone else.  Reagan does surprisingly well over the years.  The drop to 13 would be those who were 8 years old when he left office, not likely politically aware at that age.

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

At least since TMS's last post anyway.

32 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

At least since TMS's last post anyway.

Ouch! :o

5 hours ago, benwynn said:
On 6/26/2018 at 2:40 PM, TMSAIL said:

It's really does reach Happy Jack levels of stupid doesn't it? 

This thread has to be a big pie-in-the-face to all you Obamabots!  Turns out he wasn’t the messiah y’all thought he was.

2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

It's really does reach Happy Jack levels of stupid doesn't it? 

Not that bad  Let's not go crazy. 

http://www.people-press.org/2018/07/11/obama-tops-publics-list-of-best-president-in-their-lifetime-followed-by-clinton-reagan/

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/poll-barack-obama-the-greatest-president-of-our-lifetime.html

Poll: Barack Obama Was the Greatest President of Our Lifetime

By Jonathan Chait@jonathanchait

Which president in your lifetime, asks a new Pew survey, has done the best job? Perhaps unsurprisingly, the clear winner is Barack Obama, who was chosen by 31 percent of adults. Partisanship tends to rule the responses to this question, as it does most public questions these days. But what is most striking about this survey is the lack of a broadly popular Republican leader from the present era.

The most popular Republican ex-president is Ronald Reagan, who left office nearly 30 years ago. The current president, Donald Trump, fares poorly, as do both George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. For all the damage Bill Clinton has suffered among Democratic Party activists in the fallout of the #MeToo revolution, his record still holds up well in the public mind. As Americans see it, the last two Democratic presidencies have been rousing successes, while the previous two Republican ones have been miserable failures.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:33 AM, badlatitude said:

We've been through this before. Presidential rankings are decided by historians, not pollsters and for obvious reasons.

Just like a democrat to believe the Real Thinking needs to be left to elitists. 

Voters are to dumb to be trusted with an opinion. 

• Downvote 1

Does anyone else find it hilarious that Happy Jack is telling us what we should think about a poll?

6 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

It's spelled "too".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Does anyone else find it hilarious that Happy Jack is telling us what we should think about a poll?

That would be spelled "oblivious".

8 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

At least before the data pre-processing is complete. 

10 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Voters can have all the opinions they want.  It would be very nice if those opinions had a basis in evidence, data and facts.

11 hours ago, Sean said:

How about this @TMSAIL ?  

I'm curious. Can you share what technique they used on your lobotomy?  

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Wow!! 19% of those surveyed are under two years of age!! 

5 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Wow!! 19% of those surveyed are under two years of age!! 

Care to show your work on that one?

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

At least before the data pre-processing is complete. 

Again with the messenger attack and zero meaningful content. Do you ever have an original thought. 

• Downvote 1

On 6/25/2018 at 10:56 PM, TMSAIL said:

The problem with these polls of past Presidents is that they're meaningless. Generally, the more distant the memory, the rosier the President looks.

There is no way that a public poll could place Warren Harding or Herbert Hoover near the bottom of the lists of Presidents, if anything, they would be highly thought due to their temporal distance. It takes an historian to consider effects and results.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, TMSAIL said:

Another tongue lashing from the condescending right wing elitist we have all come to know and love.....

That poll is complete meaningless bullshit. "In your lifetime"?

Puhleeeze.

It's like those "greatest rock & roll song of all time" polls - the winner was usually a hit about 2 weeks ago.

Or Angelina Joli being rated the most beautiful woman of all time.

3 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Again with the messenger attack and zero meaningful content. Do you ever have an original thought. 

Short answer no!

So, 15 or 20 years ago there were sites for mp3s, especially amateur ones. Of of the most entertaining was something like worstoftheworst.mp3 and there were some truly memorably bad ones - one woman did religious ones, just her singing and playing the organ. One that i could never erase from my memory was 2x2 about Noah's ark.

The above would easily have made the cut there.  Forget water boarding just have that playing 24/7. 

53 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So, 15 or 20 years ago there were sites for mp3s, especially amateur ones. Of of the most entertaining was something like worstoftheworst.mp3 and there were some truly memorably bad ones - one woman did religious ones, just her singing and playing the organ. One that i could never erase from my memory was 2x2 about Noah's ark.

The above would easily have made the cut there.  Forget water boarding just have that playing 24/7. 

What the hell.  Let's go nuts:

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

More or less so that this one?

Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in some old, sick David Lynch film.

10 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Really? Which messenger would that be? 

16 hours ago, benwynn said:

Care to show your work on that one?

If Gropenfuhrer is the best POTUS of your lifetime you must have been born after noon on January 20, 2017