Recommended Posts

Dunno if it's the same in the USA but I get the feeling that the world is now completely bored with Trump's antics.

Like a sitcom that had a promising start, the President Trump show is ..like his old show..kinda predictable and tired.

 

We're all wondering when the ratings will fall and Trump gets voted off his own show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Dunno if it's the same in the USA but I get the feeling that the world is now completely bored with Trump's antics.


I dunno about the world being bored but the US media is busy climaxing over themselves EVERY day.  Things Trump completely dominate every news cycle, every night time comedian show, every business show.. everything.

There's an old science experiment about a monkey and cocaine.. the monkey could hit a bar and get a hit whenever he wanted.  Eventually, monkeys would die from malnutrition because they'd rather get high than eat.

Somewhere, there are TV executives smashing the Trump bar for all they're worth.  Their stomachs are grumbing but they don't care. MORE TRUMP MORE TRUMP MORETRUMPTRUMPTRUMP!!!

I hope you're right and people are getting bored with him but I've not seen any evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just observing a distinct drop in Trump news on non US sites...or news on TV..not in Spain, or Belgium or Holland or greece..

in the 7 weeks I was O/S, I heard absolutely nothing about the USA or Trump.

Nothing

it was refreshing but a little worrying..seems like your being abandoned to a fate of your own making.

No one seems to give a toss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I'm just observing a distinct drop in Trump news on non US sites...or news on TV..not in Spain, or Belgium or Holland or greece..

in the 7 weeks I was O/S, I heard absolutely nothing about the USA or Trump.

Nothing

it was refreshing but a little worrying..seems like your being abandoned to a fate of your own making.

No one seems to give a toss.

No one here missed your constant anti-US trolling. We, all 340M of us, realize what's happening in living color. Your comments add nothing positive to the mix. You're likeable M but that One-Note Samba got old fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bored....just tired of being on edge, with at least a couple of more years to go.  Trying to wean myself off news, and PA :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Heh..caught one.

Heh indeed. If that's really your goal here, to provoke an emotional response rather than civil discourse, I guess it's my bad for falling for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Dunno if it's the same in the USA but I get the feeling that the world is now completely bored with Trump's antics.

Like a sitcom that had a promising start, the President Trump show is ..like his old show..kinda predictable and tired.

 

We're all wondering when the ratings will fall and Trump gets voted off his own show.

Ho Hum. That is something you might do with a wife or girl friend but I guess only an Aussie would give one to a Ho. Yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Heh indeed. If that's really your goal here, to provoke an emotional response rather than civil discourse, I guess it's my bad for falling for it.

Civil discourse??? You’re in the wrong place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

 We, all 340M of us, realize what's happening in living color.

You have got to be fucking kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have got to be fucking kidding.

If ever the USA was in desperate need of advice it's now.

Especially the eastern bank crab fishermen who continue to think Trump is the greatest POTUS ever while they go broke from his policies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You have got to be fucking kidding.

If ever the USA was in desperate need of advice it's now.

Especially the eastern bank crab fishermen who continue to think Trump is the greatest POTUS ever while they go broke from his policies.

Meh. You're just looking for an argument.

Unsolicited advice is never welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Meh. You're just looking for an argument.

Unsolicited advice is never welcome. 

Could you mention that to Trump when you see him next, he’s busy dishing it out to most of the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mad said:

Could you mention that to Trump when you see him next, he’s busy dishing it out to most of the world. 

Yep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Meh. You're just looking for an argument.

Unsolicited advice is never welcome. 

O/K, I'll try to restrict myself to condescension and ridicule on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bridhb said:

Not bored....just tired of being on edge, with at least a couple of more years to go.  Trying to wean myself off news, and PA :-)

This show is like a cliffhanger with no bloody cliff in sight yet..like an 5 hour road trip with three kiddies in the backseat...constant chorus

"ARE WE THERE YET!!"

Or one of those 1000 page "page turners" where the author lost the plot at page 238 and is meandering on with random peaks before it doldrums off for another 328 pages.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Heh indeed. If that's really your goal here, to provoke an emotional response rather than civil discourse, I guess it's my bad for falling for it.

no and yes .

It's just what us "Harpies" do :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

no and yes .

It's just what us "Harpies" do :)

 

Well, could you lift your game? We've already got one Aussie total idiot here - Random - so do your best to aim a bit higher than that. It isn't *that* difficult.

Currently this is boring in general - the faux outrage isn't cutting through. I'm supposed to be working and I need some diversion from that or I'll get finished way too fast to justify my bill......

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Heh indeed. If that's really your goal here, to provoke an emotional response rather than civil discourse, I guess it's my bad for falling for it.

Agreed. We should let Nailed in the Malarkey know, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, could you lift your game? We've already got one Aussie total idiot here - Random - so do your best to aim a bit higher than that. It isn't *that* difficult.

Currently this is boring in general - the faux outrage isn't cutting through. I'm supposed to be working and I need some diversion from that or I'll get finished way too fast to justify my bill......

FKT

Sorry, It's hard not to tease American Right wingers..such serious and humorless people...no sense of the widiccerous at all. No fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

This show is like a cliffhanger with no bloody cliff in sight yet..like an 5 hour road trip with three kiddies in the backseat...constant chorus

"ARE WE THERE YET!!"

Or one of those 1000 page "page turners" where the author lost the plot at page 238 and is meandering on with random peaks before it doldrums off for another 328 pages.

 

 

I think we have already gone over the cliff.....it is just a very long way to the bottom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that I am bored with the madness. I would like to ignore this asshole but his policies are fucking us up.  CBC reported that Canada may go into recession due to his policies. The US economy was doing fine before any tariffs and could back fire a la Harley's moves and perhaps others.   We will go down with you and we seem powerless to do anything in the short term.  But with free trade with EU and the TPP we could over the next few years move to sell and cooperate with more predictatble and sane countries. In fact no matter what the outcome I hope we do, so we are not exposed to this shit again. There are alot of idiots in the US who think Trump is fine and it could be that there will be others to step in and continue this   for a long time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuronBouy said:

I know that I am bored with the madness. I would like to ignore this asshole but his policies are fucking us up.  CBC reported that Canada may go into recession due to his policies. The US economy was doing fine before any tariffs and could back fire a la Harley's moves and perhaps others.   We will go down with you and we seem powerless to do anything in the short term.  But with free trade with EU and the TPP we could over the next few years move to sell and cooperate with more predictatble and sane countries. In fact no matter what the outcome I hope we do, so we are not exposed to this shit again. There are alot of idiots in the US who think Trump is fine and it could be that there will be others to step in and continue this   for a long time. 

 

Man, I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The USA is such a huge country that statistically there has to be a huge number of stupid and/or ignorant people there.

The whole Trump situation is proof of that depressing fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The USA is such a huge country that statistically there has to be a huge number of stupid and/or ignorant people there.

The whole Trump situation is proof of that depressing fact.

If size is what matters, Canada must have a buncha dolts too, eh? And all the rest can't be too swift to put up with that weather. But then, I'm a beach guy from SoCal. Maybe 10 months of cold seems normal if yer not too bright. What say SJB?

Say, isn't that Trudeau guy part of a  nepotistic dynasty? We've learned our lesson on that one, at least. 

The US has a seriously bad guy at the helm. We're coping and certainly appreciate the love and support from our friendly neighbors. Thank you, Jon.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, since you bring it up, my son read just the other day that the average IQ in Canada is higher than it is in the USA. :P There are 30 countries ahead of the USA

Places like Hong Kong, Singapore, SORK and Japan have the highest of all.

And spare us all the predictable about the average being set at 100 - it was based on worldwide averages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Actually, since you bring it up, my son read just the other day that the average IQ in Canada is higher than it is in the USA. :P There are 30 countries ahead of the USA

Places like Hong Kong, Singapore, SORK and Japan have the highest of all.

And spare us all the predictable about the average being set at 100 - it was based on worldwide averages.

I won't argue the point for a moment. I taught some school here and there with the poor and the rich. I know what we have. And what we do not have and what  we do not have is discipline. I'm surprised we're still top dogs. We're dumb but we're tough!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Crab said:

I won't argue the point for a moment. I taught some school here and there with the poor and the rich. I know what we have. And what we do not have and what  we do not have is discipline. I'm surprised we're still top dogs. We're dumb but we're tough!

Indeed - freedom and discipline have little more than a nodding acquaintance with each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The USA is such a huge country that statistically there has to be a huge number of stupid and/or ignorant people there.

The whole Trump situation is proof of that depressing fact.

There is a huge number of stupid and/or ignorant people there. Websites like this rely on it in their business model.

 

I might come back and visit this thread for the uncivilised and unsolicited advice from those stupid enough to still believe in American exceptionalism. Or not. Fuck em.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Websites like this generally cater to above average people I would say - it takes a certain accomplishment to have the time and resources to own a sailboat.

They provide forums like PA as a public service to provide space for the dummies.

Look on the sailing forums to see how often the singularly stupid right wingers ever post anything there.

Seldom to never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 6:05 AM, Shortforbob said:

I'm just observing a distinct drop in Trump news on non US sites...or news on TV..not in Spain, or Belgium or Holland or greece..

in the 7 weeks I was O/S, I heard absolutely nothing about the USA or Trump.

Nothing

it was refreshing but a little worrying..seems like your being abandoned to a fate of your own making.

No one seems to give a toss.

I don't find that strange.  You hang out here on a US hosted political site and everything will be related to US politics. 

I don't give a shit about Australian politics.  I've only been there once or twice.  The Caribbean is a lot more intresting as is the UK since I lived there for better than 10 years.

Canada, meh, it's just dull.  I meet a lot of Canadians down here.  Most of them retired from the US auto industry outposts in Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soreass - Ignorant and proud of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tire of the constant negativity on PA. A bunch of you must be really unhappy people, and in such desperate need of attention it's way beyond pathetic.

Trump is awful.

We know.

Smoke some dope.

Go sailing.

Live a little.

Mind yer own business.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you understand that this is the place where we can vent all the negativity that builds up in daily life?

It makes the rest of our lives so much more peaceful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I just tire of the constant negativity on PA. A bunch of you must be really unhappy people, and in such desperate need of attention it's way beyond pathetic.

Trump is awful.

We know.

Smoke some dope.

Go sailing.

Live a little.

Mind yer own business.

 

That's all well and good; I sailed last night, but still had to return to the dock (reality).  Dope wears off, and we're still stuck with a guy making horrible policies, terrible appointments, harming our standing in the world.... and there are still a lot of Americans that think he's the answer to all our problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it ironic when someone critiques you and then tells you to mind your own business? 

Seems we may have both the more over the top Russian  shills and the more subtle, soft power Russian shills......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lying Malarky said:

Is it ironic when someone critiques you and then tells you to mind your own business? 

Seems we may have both the more over the top Russian  shills and the more subtle, soft power Russian shills......

Nope. Do yer homework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Don't you understand that this is the place where we can vent all the negativity that builds up in daily life?

It makes the rest of our lives so much more peaceful

Bullshit. The constant negativity ... is constant negativity. The whining becomes your default setting:

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're saying that I should be tolerant of fanatics, fools and ignoramuses?

How about trusting of the true believers who have "Found the answer"?

Would my life be better then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Nope. Do yer homework.

That would be 'your'.

Now, is telling someone to do their homework with a display of poor spelling ironic?

Or is your use of local vernacular a symptom of xenophobia?

Or maybe you should just mind your own business?

 

Ps, apology in advance if you feel my post crosses the line into unsolicited advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 2:05 PM, SloopJonB said:

O/K, I'll try to restrict myself to condescension and ridicule on this forum.

I think the phrase is “hails of derisive laughter, Bruce”

especially when you are running circles around us logically. ;)  Bruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 12:35 AM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Ho Hum. That is something you might do with a wife or girl friend but I guess only an Aussie would give one to a Ho. Yuck.

Doesn't seem to have convinced your past wives to stick around Jack. You mustn't be doing it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I just tire of the constant negativity on PA. A bunch of you must be really unhappy people, and in such desperate need of attention it's way beyond pathetic.

Trump is awful.

We know.

Smoke some dope.

Go sailing.

Live a little.

Mind yer own business.

 

where's the fun in that?

(Troll)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amati said:

I think the phrase is “hails of derisive laughter, Bruce”

especially when you are running circles around us logically. ;)  Bruce.

it's "Gales of laughter"..as in much blustery exhalation on the Ha ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lying Malarky said:

That would be 'your'.

Now, is telling someone to do their homework with a display of poor spelling ironic? 

Or is your use of local vernacular a symptom of xenophobia?

Or maybe you should just mind your own business?

 

Ps, apology in advance if you feel my post crosses the line into unsolicited advice.

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

it's "Gales of laughter"..as in much blustery exhalation on the Ha ha ha

Ha ha ha?

( going by ear from a Monty Python recording about a University :lol: in Australia, I think it was....)

Ha ha ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now