as part of a previous question, someone mentioned mixing boards,  I came across one at the paint shop called clean sheets, which has a 100 sheets of some sort impregnated papter to keep the fiber board mixing board clean. i'm leary of whatever's in the paper contaminating my west systems... it says epoxy compatible..  anyone use?

Our mixing pads use a special chemical resistant paper made exclusively for Clean Sheets. When mixing filler, epoxy, fiberglass, plastics, glues, putty on our mixing board, they will not slide, causing mixing to be easier and faster. Clean Sheets paper is bonded on 3 sides to help keep the mixing surface flat and smooth.

Parchment paper?

I've mixed on cardboard cereal boxes before and had the ink from the box bleed into the filler...  I wouldn't expect that it would be a problem though if they say that its epoxy safe.  Why not just get a random piece of plywood though and mix on that, then scrape it off when you're done.

Use plastic cutting boards. Bed Bath and Beyond $16. for the medium sized. 

Piece of plywood with another piece of wood glued/fastened to the bottom as a handle. Make two, scrap off excess when you're done. When they get gnarly sand them smooth.

They'll be the fairest thing in your shop.

You can also put a 6" stickyback sanding disc on the underneath to remove the burrs from your putty knives/squeegees.

HW