Shayne Sails

F-Boat F-24 MkII Help Needed

Hello, I'm new to SA,

Looking for assistance on my recently purchased F-24 MkII project.

I need specs, measurements and photos of SS and aluminum parts

Trying to resurrect a MkII on a poor sailors budget. I can fabricate and rig almost anything.

I need info on boom, gooseneck, boom handle and aluminum folding strut parts.

Anyone out there willing to help? I would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the DFW area and would love the opportunity to come measure stuff for myself if that works.

Also need to build up my trailer to the correct support levels.

Thank you,

I grok budget constraints.  BUT, don't skimp on the aluminum folding strut parts.  Those are critical.  Do those first and consider paying a good portion of your budget on those-perhaps even buy corsair parts.   Once you get the boat folding and unfolding properly...look for the rest.

If you don't have a boom or gooseneck, consider going to a good sailmaker who understands trimarans (try Randy Smyth) and perhaps consider boomless.  Cheaper and much safer to crew.  Boom handle???  My boat didn't have a roller furling boom so save that for last or don't bother. 

An F24 is a good platform (you didn't say, but either the F241 or F242 are good boats).  Worth the time and effort to make it good again.

My bad, you did say it was a MK II. 

I would suggest joining the F-boat group at Yahoo. Mr. Farrier made many design specifications available in the files section and was generous in responding to inquiries right up until his death. Search the forum and files for answers.

• Like 1

I dunno if it still is active, but I started a F24 owners group (yahoo group) way back when...when I sold my boat, I had the moderation taken over by someone else.  The F-boat group was too much about big boats and I felt there was enough need for discussion of smaller boats that it warranted a separate list.  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/F242owners/info

Hi,

The f242 owners has moved, New URL is https://groups.io/g/f242owners

also cover f24 Mk 1,  lots of good info, helpful folks there.