eyeper

Where's "DTA" at?

He's out waiting for his new RS Cat 14 to arrive, at least as of Tuesday? 

Waiting and waiting and waiting for my RS Cat 14. It was due to arrive in May, so I got rid of my Aero in Corpus Christi in anticipation of the new boat. But the boat kept getting delayed. Now due for pickup Saturday of next week (July 7). Crossing my fingers that it comes in on time.

This will be a fun new type of sailing for me. Longer distance sailing, and camping overnight in remote, uninhabited locations. I'm ridiculously excited about getting started. I've been beach camping several times now, with no boat, just to get into the swing of things and work out the kinks on the camping side of things. I've got three different GPS devices for navigation (Fenix watch and Garmin handheld device) and safety (SPOT). My Google maps page is just littered with all the locations around Corpus Christi I want to visit and camp. Needless to say, I'M SUPER FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!

I just need the RS CAT 14!!

I've still got the RS700. But I have to admit, I've been so excited about beach-camping-sailing that I've been spending my weekends getting ready for that (beach camping by hiking into a semi-remote location, etc.) more than sailing the RS700. I'm sure I'll get into a routine of one weekend sail-camping on the RS CAT 14, next weekend taking out the RS700. But right now I'm so focused on getting the RS CAT 14 and beginning sail camping that it's hard to think about anything else.

how much did you sell the aero for, if you don't mind sharing?

On 6/29/2018 at 1:24 PM, ortegakid said:

how much did you sell the aero for, if you don't mind sharing?

$0. I gave it  away to a fellow who ordinarily couldn't afford a sailboat. His kids wanted to learn to sail.

• Like 11

On 7/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, DTA said:

$0. I gave it  away to a fellow who ordinarily couldn't afford a sailboat. His kids wanted to learn to sail.

you, sir, are the man

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 3:37 PM, DTA said:

seriously? that is an awesome thing to do for someone :)  wow!!!

• Like 1