Sign in to follow this  
Shortforbob

the weddings off!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/07/north-korea-foreign-ministry-says-talks-with-pompeo-regrettable-acc.html

North Korea says high-level talks with a U.S. delegation led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were “regrettable” and has accused Washington of trying to unilaterally pressure the country into abandoning its nukes.

The statement by an unnamed North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman on Saturday came hours after Pompeo concluded two days of talks with North Korean officials led by Kim Yong Chol.

The statement says that the United States betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making unilateral demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea.

It says the outcome of the follow-up talks was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”

Nope. Queue the usual suspects who will say I hope Trump fails in Korea

Hardly surprising. 

It's the way NK  has acted on every negotiation in the past.

We got stiffed for a hotel bill this time, meh.

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Hardly surprising. 

It's the way NK  has acted on every negotiation in the past.

We got stiffed for a hotel bill this time, meh.

You got stiffed for sure. A bit more than that. Nice try though

But it was a fabulous photo op. 

Nobel Prize :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

17 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

He is 100% correct. Everyone but Trump knew the routine :rolleyes:

It’s a good thing they met in person. From the looks of the NK delivery devices, I doubt that Little Rocket Man could get egg on the Great Negotiator’s face from a distance. 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s a good thing they met in person. From the looks of the NK delivery devices, I doubt that Little Rocket Man could get egg on the Great Negotiator’s face from a distance. 

"I looked into his eyes. Kim is a trustworthy man"

Likely trump quote.

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Likely trump quote.

The Pride of the GOP was right about Lil Kim’s sense of humor. He sure made a joke of his counterpart in this. 

Dolt 45 strikes out again!  He was outcheated by a superior cheater!

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Pride of the GOP was right about Lil Kim’s sense of humor. He sure made a joke of his counterpart in this. 

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks chinese tariffs.

I wonder if trump could beat my cat in chess?

Thing is, this is a huge loss of face to the US,

Hasn't there been a general western world ban on meeting NK until it improves its human rights records?

Trump just sold the moral high ground for smoke.

15 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks chinese tariffs.

I wonder if trump could beat my cat in chess?

Mah Jong or Goh...or Chess ,,but at least he's not bothered India yet

27 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Likely trump quote.

Possibly said when Trump was on his knees looking up at Kim

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Thing is, this is a huge loss of face to the US,

Hasn't there been a general western world ban on meeting NK until it improves its human rights records?

Trump just sold the moral high ground for smoke.

The usual suspects understood that when a Black Man was in the office.... they’ve forgotten that now. Not that they’re racist mind you.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/07/north-korea-foreign-ministry-says-talks-with-pompeo-regrettable-acc.html

North Korea says high-level talks with a U.S. delegation led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were “regrettable” and has accused Washington of trying to unilaterally pressure the country into abandoning its nukes.

The statement by an unnamed North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman on Saturday came hours after Pompeo concluded two days of talks with North Korean officials led by Kim Yong Chol.

The statement says that the United States betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making unilateral demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea.

It says the outcome of the follow-up talks was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”

Two things stand out to me. 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You all remind me of these people. 

So...when is the Nobel award ceremony? 

well we weren't wrong..Trump can never be a president of anything above his own playground. He can sit in the Chair behind the desk ,,,yet never be a president.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Pardon me.  Isn't that EXACTLY what President Trump said he would do?

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

well we weren't wrong..Trump can never be a president of anything above his own playground. He can sit in the Chair behind the desk ,,,yet never be a president.

Leader of the Free World Baby.  Hey, did you hear about Trudeau? 

• Downvote 2

OFGS...who thought there wouldn't be bumps in the road. It was always a long shot but worth pursuing. I have low expectations but it would be irresponsible not to play the thing out. But celebrating when North Korean Foreign Ministry says talks were "regrettable". Really?

This is mild compared to the rhetoric of a few months ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Nah..they'll be hiring it out.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

OFGS...who thought there wouldn't be bumps in the road. It was always a long shot but worth pursuing. I have low expectations but it would be irresponsible not to play the thing out. But celebrating when North Korean Foreign Ministry says talks were "regrettable". Really?

This is mild compared to the rhetoric of a few months ago.

Que The Hollies.. :D

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Not nearly as much as the Bush/Clinton/Obama failures. For sure the US government will turn up the heat now. Like it or not. 

slightly off topic.

I wonder if Trump identifies with Kim

You know..sees the paralells between himself..young man, inherits wealth and power from a scary father.

Trying to Mentor him ?

from BD's link above

He elaborated on Kim: "I mean this guy's a bad dude — and don't underestimate him … Any young guy that can take over from his father with all those generals and everybody else that probably wants the position, this is not somebody to be underestimated."

But in May, Trump told Reuters he would speak to Kim. "I would have no problem speaking to him," he said.

It's getting harder and harder to believe that adult humans can be as ignorantly stupid as Trump supporters.

Trump never really had much of a chance here. His hail mary was innocently doomed from the start. It's just that things aren't really all that different from 1955. He tried, I guess that deserves a little credit. He didn't make the situation worse in my opinion.

NPT is the most successful treaty in history, but it doesn't present too useable of a pathway for denuclearization short of just waving the white flag like South Africa did. North Korea is no longer broke, and they would need more incentive to denuke than the U.S. is willing to offer. China could incentivize them if they thought it would help, but China is more threatened by South Korean culture than they are a nuclear North Korea, so they continue to do business with NK. Russia isn't much help either.

The NPT presents such a gradual scale-down of nuclear weapons from the main signatories, that its main use in denuking is in applying sanctions. And Atoms for Peace seeded the globe with sufficient nuclear technology that once weeds grow, it's nearly impossible to get rid of them ... like getting rid of an invasive species.

There is no obvious way out, other than to wait until China opens up their government. Right now, Chinese kids lose their marbles for K-pop because Chinese culture is so blazingly out of touch, in large part because the Chinese Ministry of Culture censors anything they deem threatening and rock music needs freedom like it has in South Korea. As long as China's government is oppressive, then they'll be less threatened by things like tyrants and nukes than rock and roll.

Played like a cheap fiddle..............................................................

I warmly await the last laugh. 

I hear Kim sent a nice letter to Trump again praising their mutual commitment. 

Did Gropenfuhrer announce that on Fox before he claimed he had not yet read it?? 

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Continuing to be played, like a cheap fiddle...

Anyone, would have to be incredibly ignorant, to think that N.Korea would give up the source of their present day power........

car, car, car,     squirrel!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

President Trump meets with KJU, gives concessions, gets nothing concrete in return. 

Secretary Pompeo plays hardball and is labeled a “gangster”.

NK wants only to deal with President Trump because they know he’ll be easy to steamroll. 

And, you think that is “winning”. 

Hahahahaha

The honeymoon took place before the wedding. Clearly someone got screwed and it is pretty clear who the screwee was.

Do you suppose that L'il Kim had the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around?

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

leader of the free world my arse, I didn't vote for him and neither did the rest of the free world. Americans voted for him., and no doubt the "leader of the free world " shit was dreamt up by some over inflated yank ego.He's the leader of the US and nowhere else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

This is the guy whose approval rating in the US hovers around 40%, and is universally despised internationally, and you feel like your team is “winning”. 

President Trump, his family, and his friends are making bank on this gig. 

The turbo-Christians are salivating about possibly setting back women’s rights by 50+ years. 

And you seem to think this in some strange way validates you. 

You aren’t even a pimple on their ass. 

2 hours ago, Bill R said:

leader of the free world my arse, I didn't vote for him and neither did the rest of the free world. A small minority of Americans voted for him., and no doubt the "leader of the free world " shit was dreamt up by some over inflated yank ego.He's the leader of the US and nowhere else.

Corrected

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

This is the guy whose approval rating in the US hovers around 40%, and is universally despised internationally, and you feel like your team is “winning”. 

The turbo-Christians are salivating about possibly setting back women’s rights by 50+ years. 

A carbuncle on the backside of humanity.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Corrected

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Corrected

a good correction, I feel sorry for the poor buggers that are having to put up with such a moron and his followers.  Its not doing the reputation of the US any good. 

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

President Trump meets with KJU, gives concessions, gets nothing concrete in return. 

Secretary Pompeo plays hardball and is labeled a “gangster”.

NK wants only to deal with President Trump because they know he’ll be easy to steamroll. 

And, you think that is “winning”. 

Hahahahaha

this

This is what happens when you elect an ignorant egomaniac.

Donnie is probably jealous of Kim and Putin. If someone pisses them off, they simply have them killed. Bet he wishes he could do the same.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Did Trudeau do something you believe a POTUS shouldn’t?? 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Happy said:

This is what happens when you elect an ignorant egomaniac.

Donnie is probably jealous of Kim and Putin. If someone pisses them off, they simply have them killed. Bet he wishes he could do the same.

That's my worry.

21 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah I call that winning. And I'm glad I'm not a pimple on anyone's ass. I am enjoying your frustration and anger way too much. And , if you are frustrated now then you will probably be in need of a padded room next year.  I expect significant progress in NK, Trump will win his trade war. He will finish off ISIS. He won't have started any new war. That will be a first for recent presidents. And the cherry on this gorgeous Sundae may very well be a significant move toward middle east peace and capitulation by Iran.  

• Downvote 3

On 7/7/2018 at 10:12 AM, SloopJonB said:

It's getting harder and harder to believe that adult humans can be as ignorantly stupid as Trump supporters.

You’ve said this or some variation on this theme dozens of times that I’ve seen in my light browsing, probably hundreds of times. When does it finally get impossible for you to believe, and where will that leave us?

15 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Yeah I call that winning. And I'm glad I'm not a pimple on anyone's ass. I am enjoying your frustration and anger way too much. And , if you are frustrated now then you will probably be in need of a padded room next year.  I expect significant progress in NK, Trump will win his trade war. He will finish off ISIS. He won't have started any new war. That will be a first for recent presidents. And the cherry on this gorgeous Sundae may very well be a significant move toward middle east peace and capitulation by Iran.  

Damn, but you write some funny stuff.

Of course, by quoting you (and, not editing it to change the meaning, wink-wink, you know I'm talking about you), I can always rub your nose in it, later.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

Likely trump quote.

'He is a smart guy. A funny guy. He will make North Korea a great country'

Real Trump quite.

The fun thing about the stupids being in charge is watching how their dysfunctional childlike learning process remains in place as they age. 

• Downvote 1

While I appreciate your optimism,

North Korea will keep playing the same old song and dance they have been for what? three generation's now,  it wont change.

Kim has watched and learned what happens to poorly armed dictators.

The middle east is a complete religious basket case, and the ongoing wars there, will continue for many many years too come.

Iran's mad Mullahs wont go down without a fight...and last time I bothered too look, they have control over most of the fire power in their country.

I'm an optimist, but well grounded in daily reality I see around the world.

But you also believe that an angel was distributing plates to Pedophiles in upstate New York in 1823. Your predictions of what Chairman Trump will achieve seem even less likely.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 6:14 AM, Shortforbob said:

Looks like the Norks got a different message from Pompeo than they got from Trump. 

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
5 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Of course, by quoting you (and, not editing it to change the meaning, wink-wink, you know I'm talking about you), I can always rub your nose in it, later.

Your nose is a lot more likely.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
5 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Your nose is a lot more likely

Hoo Boy!  You really got me with that zinger. That sure put me in my place. 

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

But you also believe that an angel was distributing plates to Pedophiles in upstate New York in 1823. Your predictions of what Chairman Trump will achieve seem even less likely.

Well when you think about it, at least Jack's consistent.

Sucker for a sales pitch..I wonder if he's got a dozen holey foreskins at home?

17 hours ago, chum said:

You’ve said this or some variation on this theme dozens of times that I’ve seen in my light browsing, probably hundreds of times. When does it finally get impossible for you to believe, and where will that leave us?

When Trump has someone killed.

And it will leave you where you currently are - fucked and going down fast.

Arguing with a Trump believer is like playing chess with a seagull: It knocks over all the pieces, craps on the board, and screams that it won.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Happy said:

Arguing with a Trump believer is like playing chess with a seagull: It knocks over all the pieces, craps on the board, and screams that it won.

:lol: That's not fair to gulls - they look nice, sound nice and perform a useful service to the world.

Trump supporters on the other hand........

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

:lol: That's not fair to gulls - they look nice, sound nice and perform a useful service to the world.

Trump supporters on the other hand........

Funny - I regard them as winged rats.

FKT

That's pigeons

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That's pigeons

Same thing, different colour scheme & usual haunt.

FKT

8 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Same thing, different colour scheme & usual haunt.

FKT

Seagulls are more english backpacker. Hanging around the beach, looking for a cheap feed......

They are very faithful to their partners - they choose one during their thrid summer  and stick with them until death - some 25 years later  - much, much better at  relationships than we are. They almost never flame each other on the web.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

They are very faithful to their partners - they choose one during their thrid summer  and stick with them until death - some 25 years later  - much, much better at  relationships than we are. They almost never flame each other on the web.

Only because nobody in their right mind would let them have a keyboard (there are enough players here who obviously were incarnated as one earlier)..... and anyway, they'd hardly have time considering how much of it they spend trying to steal hot chips off of people trying to eat in peace.

On that note one of the funniest things I ever saw was watching an English backpacker trying to eat a sausage sandwich up at Cradle Mountain National Park. A currawong swept down over his shoulder, nailed the sausage right out of the bread in his hand and flew off to a nearby tree to eat it. I nearly pissed myself laughing at the expression on the poor sod's face.

There was a reason why we were eating & having our coffee inside the glass, and it wasn't because it was snowing outside....

FKT

I have difficulty crediting any opinions that reference "seagulls".

People on a sailing site should know there is no such thing.

They are just Gulls or Herring Gulls, Black Headed Gulls etc.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

I have difficulty crediting any opinions that reference "seagulls".

People on a sailing site should know there is no such thing.

They are just Gulls or Herring Gulls, Black Headed Gulls etc.

As my mother used to say

"We are not at home to Mr Picky"

Dylan

1 minute ago, dylan winter said:

As my mother used to say

"We are not at home to Mr Picky"

Dylan

I believe she was referring to your nasal activities in polite company.

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I believe she was referring to your nasal activities in polite company.

That would have been a caning offense

11 hours ago, dylan winter said:

There was show on NPR recently devoted to birds. They are the most prevalent life form that we encounter, other than humans, on a daily basis. They are highly intelligent, socialized, and some have adapted to their environment in ways that exhibit remarkable skills of all kinds. Everything from flying hundreds of thousands of miles in their life with astounding navigation skills, to mimicking sounds their environment, including a pretty convincing chainsaw from the Australian Liar Bird.

One of my favorite books as a kid was Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Gulls are interesting birds. I’ve always been a sort of junior Ornathologist.

3 hours ago, chum said:

There was show on NPR recently devoted to birds. They are the most prevalent life form that we encounter, other than humans, on a daily basis. They are highly intelligent, socialized, and some have adapted to their environment in ways that exhibit remarkable skills of all kinds. Everything from flying hundreds of thousands of miles in their life with astounding navigation skills, to mimicking sounds their environment, including a pretty convincing chainsaw from the Australian Liar Bird.

One of my favorite books as a kid was Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Gulls are interesting birds. I’ve always been a sort of junior Ornathologist.

You obviously have never had close association with a flock of Tasmanian native hens, or you'd retract 'intelligent' from your description.

They are trainable, however. Open the kitchen window and there's a stampede to see what goodies might be about to be defenestrated.

I really like them, they're up to generation 3 since I've lived there and are - with me anyway - probably as tame as domestic fowl. They maintain maybe a 1-2m 'personal space' away from me when I'm walking about but otherwise ignore me. They provide endless entertainment with their antics and brawls with the neighbouring flocks.

Silver gulls - for the picky - are simply winged rats with a different colour scheme.

FKT

3 minutes ago, chum said:

OK some are.

Agreed. That currawong that stole the tourist's sausage while in full flight knew exactly what it was doing.

FKT

The other evening I was looking at a large spider that was floating on a thread under an oak. A bird swept through like a blur and the spider was gone. I wasn’t the only one watching apparently. 

27 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

defenestrated.

Probably my very favourite word. :D

I filmed this one - three miles from my old house - you probably need to hit the hd button as the youtube compression turns it o bollixx

Don't let Daphne Du Maurier watch that.

6 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I filmed this one - three miles from my old house

That’s brilliant Dylan! Love the music pairing.