Sign in to follow this  
Connor.kainalu

San Diego PHRF Number

bring knee pads. the old creeps there like fresh meat, or so i've been told.

4 hours ago, Connor.kainalu said:

How do I get one?

boat is a one design J/80

Tell them you are Scotts friend and if they have any questions They need to contact him first.

Oh, the secret password is "EMF" any time you communicate with them.

If you don't know a lot about PH and how it works just go to a meeting and sit in as an observer: not only will you get your certificate you will see how PH operates. 

I used to sail OD only but got a PH sort of boat, went to a meeting to see "what is this PH all about?' and "where does my rating come from? how do they get it?". In the end I ended up meeting a lot of really great, intelligent and fun people...learned a ton too.

It's fun to be out on the bay and know the rating of every boat you see, OD or not.

11 hours ago, VWAP said:

Tell them you are Scotts friend and if they have any questions They need to contact him first.

Oh, the secret password is "EMF" any time you communicate with them.

hahahahaha!

16 hours ago, Connor.kainalu said:

How do I get one?

boat is a one design J/80

16 hours ago, Overbored said:

Send them the application and a check for $45 http://www.phrfsandiego.org/documents/PHRFApplication.pdf

You will not be able to use it outside of SD if you do a PHRF race elsewhere in SO Cal, except maybe NOSA.

It seems odd that SD PHRF only rates boats locally if the have established ratings from So Cal PHRF.
If a boat has never been rated, they tell you to go to PHRF SO CAL to get a rating and then they will take your $45 on top of the fee you had to pay SO CAL.

http://www.phrfsandiego.org/documents/PHRFClassRules.pdf

Read the very first part in blue. Pretty odd that they take your money but use other rules and data with paying or asking.
PHRF SD is a separate entity, and recognized by USS PHRF,  from PHRF So Cal. When will you guys start acting like it?
Or at least pay your fair share for the rules we are working on and updating, or write your own?

there is ZERO reason for phrf to exist. all they do is take an already flawed system and then ad their extra stupid layer of horseshit to it. a total shit show and a further embarrassment to the sport.

2 hours ago, Editor said:

there is ZERO reason for phrf to exist. all they do is take an already flawed system and then ad their extra stupid layer of horseshit to it. a total shit show and a further embarrassment to the sport.

'Specially if you can't sail to your rating....

;)

4 hours ago, Editor said:

My cousin races out helLA and whenever I am there racing with him he complains that all that is needed to get a gift rating change is get on the local board for a year then drop off once you get time.  But what does he know he complains about everything including his penis being too  f'ing big.