gjbike

very disappointed with Annapolis Performance Sailing

19 hours ago, Wavedancer II said:

I hope this thread self-destructs with this post...

I hope it goes on forever.

11 hours ago, hobot said:

REI and Amazon raised the customer bar too high.

Nah, just getting it where it's supposed to be. I personally like the fact they are running substandard businesses away. It's competition and renewal like it's supposed to be.

On 7/9/2018 at 12:02 PM, gjbike said:

I have been an online customer of Annapolis Performance Sailing since 2010. Looking over my orders I have spent over $4000 with them over those years. I recently decided to take advantage of their promotion on Spinlock vests. They offered $75 dollars off each with trade in. I ordered 3 on June 28th and received them on July 5th. I logged on today to see about getting my trade in allowances and was told that today was the deadline. I explained I could mail the trade-ins today but obviously they would not get them today. I was told sorry- you missed the deadline. Now I have to either go to the trouble and expense of returning the 3 vests I ordered or forget about the $225 I was to get in the trade. I understand I did not pay enough attention to notice how little time I had to send in the old vests but having grown up in Texas at a time when being an old and loyal customer meant something , I can't help but feel disappointed.  

image.png.59dd7a37e20299ab2e105f9e62d15ae2.png

On 7/9/2018 at 9:02 AM, gjbike said:

I have been an online customer of Annapolis Performance Sailing since 2010. Looking over my orders I have spent over $4000 with them over those years. I recently decided to take advantage of their promotion on Spinlock vests. They offered $75 dollars off each with trade in. I ordered 3 on June 28th and received them on July 5th. I logged on today to see about getting my trade in allowances and was told that today was the deadline. I explained I could mail the trade-ins today but obviously they would not get them today. I was told sorry- you missed the deadline. Now I have to either go to the trouble and expense of returning the 3 vests I ordered or forget about the $225 I was to get in the trade. I understand I did not pay enough attention to notice how little time I had to send in the old vests but having grown up in Texas at a time when being an old and loyal customer meant something , I can't help but feel disappointed.  

Having grown up in Texas, you should try velasailingsupply.com

Those guys always kick ass.

I just dropped close to a grand last week on bronze open body turnbuckles for my boat. Dead sexy...

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

they outta have a reverse-yelp, where stores and vendors rate customers.

PS-- exactly how much "trouble and expense of returning the 3 vests" would that entail? printing a label, taping the box, and scheduling a pickup, correct?

46 minutes ago, MikeR80 said:

PS-- exactly how much "trouble and expense of returning the 3 vests" would that entail? printing a label, taping the box, and scheduling a pickup, correct?

Yeah but then the OP would have had to tie his own shoes and somehow get to the postal office to send the package, I think that's where the downfall was.

• Like 1