gjbike

very disappointed with Annapolis Performance Sailing

I have been an online customer of Annapolis Performance Sailing since 2010. Looking over my orders I have spent over $4000 with them over those years. I recently decided to take advantage of their promotion on Spinlock vests. They offered $75 dollars off each with trade in. I ordered 3 on June 28th and received them on July 5th. I logged on today to see about getting my trade in allowances and was told that today was the deadline. I explained I could mail the trade-ins today but obviously they would not get them today. I was told sorry- you missed the deadline. Now I have to either go to the trouble and expense of returning the 3 vests I ordered or forget about the $225 I was to get in the trade. I understand I did not pay enough attention to notice how little time I had to send in the old vests but having grown up in Texas at a time when being an old and loyal customer meant something , I can't help but feel disappointed.  

fuck them. they treat us like we don't even exist. try the fisheries supply next time.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, gjbike said:

I have been an online customer of Annapolis Performance Sailing since 2010. Looking over my orders I have spent over $4000 with them over those years. I recently decided to take advantage of their promotion on Spinlock vests. They offered $75 dollars off each with trade in. I ordered 3 on June 28th and received them on July 5th. I logged on today to see about getting my trade in allowances and was told that today was the deadline. I explained I could mail the trade-ins today but obviously they would not get them today. I was told sorry- you missed the deadline. Now I have to either go to the trouble and expense of returning the 3 vests I ordered or forget about the $225 I was to get in the trade. I understand I did not pay enough attention to notice how little time I had to send in the old vests but having grown up in Texas at a time when being an old and loyal customer meant something , I can't help but feel disappointed.  

I would make a point of explaining your history with them and seeing what they can do for you. The sailing industry isn't that big, customer loyalty and reputation is the only way to keep the doors open.

42 minutes ago, gjbike said:

you should really be disappointed in yourself..      

Promotion valid from June 1st to June 30th, 2018. Trade in one old used inflatable (mail-in using this form, or bring to our store at 104 Severn Avenue Annapolis, MD 21403) to receive $75 off your purchase of a Spinlock Deckvest Lite. Belt pack style inflatables do not count towards trade in.

Purchases made online will be refunded $75 after old inflatable is received by mail or in-store at APS. No refunds will be made prior to receipt of the old used inflatable life jacket. All sales MUST be made by June 30th, 2018. There will be a one week grace period to ship your lifejacket to APS. Your used inflatable must be received at APS by July 8th, 2018.

• Downvote 1

Definitely worth a call to a manager to explain, but also realize there may be external forces in play (i.e. - Spinlock may be driving these dates and rigid policy).

52 minutes ago, Editor said:

fuck them. they treat us like we don't even exist. try the fisheries supply next time.

16114596_10154486876759825_5205531597598537514_n.jpg

48 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you should really be disappointed in yourself..      

I am- mostly because I thought those times when they got my orders wrong, had delays or other issues I was understanding of them and continued to support them thinking they would return the favor. I worked for 10 years in retail when I was young and keeping your customers loyal often  requires having to bend the rules or make some sort of accommodation. An axiom in business is " take good care of your customers or someone else will". APS could have called Spinlock to ask for an exception, offered to pay the return costs or offered some sort of store credit if I decided to keep them. If online shops want to stay in business they are going to have to beat Amazon on service since they are not going to beat them on price or convenience. 

It's amazing what people think they're entitled to when they have made a mistake.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I think APS got sold a while back and it's not what it used to be. Most noticeably, their new website (since 2014 or so....) sucks major donkey balls. It seems to be the standard layout design these days, but that doesn't mean it's good. Their old website was laid out perfectly, was well organized, predictable, etc. Now it pukes eveything up in front of you and it takes forever to sort down to find what you need. 

1 hour ago, jackolantern said:

What an odd deal. Trade in on safety equipment? I wouldn’t want to touch the liability of used vests. 

what liability? empty the canister and throw everything in the trash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackolantern said:

What an odd deal. Trade in on safety equipment? I wouldn’t want to touch the liability of used vests. 

probably sending them to North Africa..  

The deadline is probably not an APS deadline but one established by Spinlock. I have see other retailers offering the same deal. My suggestion would be to contact Spinlock to see if they can make any exceptions to their rules.

27 minutes ago, RATM said:

It's amazing what people think they're entitled to when they have made a mistake.

I've acknowledged my mistake.  You are missing the point.  Like in marriage- you can be right  or you can be married.

Your beef should be with Spinlock, not APS. Asking APS to absorb a $225 hit on Spinlock's behalf is unreasonable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Editor said:

Good grief man, for a dude that claims he hates Trump so much it seems like you have a similar style and MO often times.

Like Fisheries.  Like APS.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IStream said:

Your beef should be with Spinlock, not APS. Asking APS to absorb a $225 hit on Spinlock's behalf is unreasonable. 

I don’t expect that. However , I did pay $560. Perhaps they could offer to let me keep them at cost. 

3 hours ago, gjbike said:

Telling a company you spent $4k with them isn't going to get you anywhere other than being a douche.  Plenty of people spend more money at those stores and don't get a discount. You probably walk into every store and use that line. Wanker.

I was wondering how long it would take before the topic would degrade into personal attacks. I've made my point and I have much better use of my time than to trade barbs with strangers. Knock yourself out. 

You were eligible for one, not three, rebates and you missed the deadline.

I'm an APS fan, they have given me great customer service in the past.

sorry op- you blew it. sometimes the retailer can beg the manufacturer on your behalf , and maybe had they at least told you they would try their best you would feel better, but in the end , it was your own negligence. do a return and be done.

9 hours ago, gjbike said:

I was wondering how long it would take before the topic would degrade into personal attacks. I've made my point and I have much better use of my time than to trade barbs with strangers. Knock yourself out. 

Don't forget about b00bs before you leave

817e42e8221970aef730342a837a8224.jpg

Really good service from APS

I have a problem with your post title, when it's your fault. Should have said, Really disappointed in myself.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gjbike said:

I don’t expect that. However , I did pay $560. Perhaps they could offer to let me keep them at cost. 

Sure, they should sell them to you at cost.  I'm sure they don't need to pay rent, salaries, advertising, insurance, utilities...

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Sure, they should sell them to you at cost.  I'm sure they don't need to pay rent, salaries, advertising, insurance, utilities...

Of course they should, he fucked up, he didn't read the T&C properly so APS should be out of pocket because he's incompetent.

Or at least that's how most people think businesses should operate these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Of course they should, he fucked up, he didn't read the T&C properly so APS should be out of pocket because he's incompetent.

Or at least that's how most people think businesses should operate these days.

Business - Charity - Is there a difference in most people's minds? We all deserve to get everything for free from every store. Profit is evil and just does things like pay salaries for employees and their families. Just ask Bernie Sanders.

In the words of Tom Waits.... 

"the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away"

Obviously there are some here who have become used to and expect to be treated  like any anonymous client and neither give nor expect loyalty. That's your choice. I have taken a different route. I have real and long term relationships with many businesses and I get personalized and respectful service. It's not about the money-  I spend that most weekends on restaurants. Airlines, hotels, other businesses have  "preferred customer" programs because they understand what customer loyalty means to their bottom line. They know you have a choice. Yes, I am small potatoes to APS- just like 90% of their customers. Perhaps I should be directing my comments to Spinlock instead. Afterall, I was replacing two of their ocean going very expensive vests which fell apart on me after 5 years with these new ones. Anyway, I am not a whiner by nature, I am moving on but will be spending my small potatoes elsewhere and on businesses that , in my opinion, are more deserving. 

56 minutes ago, gjbike said:

Obviously there are some here who have become used to and expect to be treated  like any anonymous client and neither give nor expect loyalty. That's your choice. I have taken a different route. I have real and long term relationships with many businesses and I get personalized and respectful service. It's not about the money-  I spend that most weekends on restaurants. Airlines, hotels, other businesses have  "preferred customer" programs because they understand what customer loyalty means to their bottom line. They know you have a choice. Yes, I am small potatoes to APS- just like 90% of their customers. Perhaps I should be directing my comments to Spinlock instead. Afterall, I was replacing two of their ocean going very expensive vests which fell apart on me after 5 years with these new ones. Anyway, I am not a whiner by nature, I am moving on but will be spending my small potatoes elsewhere and on businesses that , in my opinion, are more deserving. 

You are literally one of the worst customers any company could ask for. No one here becomes or is used to bad customer service. Sometimes shit happens, and sometimes its out of your control. Your route you have taken as you mentioned, is to be a self indulgent assclown. As others pointed out, there is no doubt this policy was enacted by Spinlock and not APS, Fawcetts, or any other company who had the Spinlock promotion. So to say you are taking your business elsewhere because they adhered to a policy directed to them by the manufacturer is the biggest bullshit ever. You probably only went to APS because you saw SALE signs anyway. For what I see, you have no loyalty to any company as you state above. Just whine and complain when you don't get your way. You could have overnighted the items via UPS or FedEx to have them delivered today which may have been within the window. However, because you are the cheap motherfucker you are displaying, certainly you wouldn't want to eat that cost either.  Like others mentioned elsewhere it is a small industry. It is easy to obtain ones name in customer service, and have a relationship with that person at any of the companies involved.  Customer service still exists at all these companies. I am sure if they messed up an order, they fixed it. If they didn't have it in stock, they ordered it. It is really just you, and your I want what I want now as cheap as fuck mentality that is the cause of this so called bad service. It is great in all you mention in your first post you have been a customer since 2010, so congrats there, however, they have been outfitting sailors around the country for over 25 years so I am sure they are doing something right. 

Furthermore, you should be directing your comments to Spinlock directly. If you jacket fell apart after 5 years they probably would talk to you, and maybe, just maybe offer you a replacement at cost.  But, then again based on your reading of the fine print, the other question that begs to be asked, did you fill out your information and submit it when purchased? Probably not.

Moral of the story, don't be a douche ripping on companies for your own inadequacies. Own up to your mistake as you had a week to ship the items back. Don't be a cheap mother fucker.  And if you can't afford $225, why the fuck are you even sailing as your FE28 costs more than that each year. 

• Like 2

Wow. Obviously pushed one your buttons. Paid cash for boat new without even touching my savings. You know nothing about me or what I can afford. I’ve clearly not made my point and it’s a lost cause. You win. 

Damn!

That was quite the bitchslap!!

Rig the boat, go sailing and forget about it, gj 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gjbike said:

Wow. Obviously pushed one your buttons. Paid cash for boat new without even touching my savings. You know nothing about me or what I can afford. I’ve clearly not made my point and it’s a lost cause. You win. 

As someone who is in the business, I can see both sides. But frankly I cringe at the Sailing Anarchy public discussion approach in your case--because clearly you were (self-admittedly) not diligent about the deadline for the promotion.

It doesn't make you look good. Which is too bad. You sail, you love doing what we all do, and you are a potential customer too. So it all just sucks in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, doghouse said:

You sound nice.

I am very nice Dog. Just don't appreciate when someone uses an internet forum trying to bash a small company due to their own issues.  Sailing is shrinking all over the US, and if it isn't for these small stores still trying to make a difference, we would all have less access to the things we need to let us enjoy our hobby/sport.  We should all be thankful stores like Team 1, APS, Vela, etc all still exist.   

There used to be so many more. Remember John Wright Jr.? remember Belo's (spelling?). Remember all the U.S. manufacturers? Merriman etc?  There used to be real old fashioned ship chandleries along the waterfronts of Philadelphia, Baltimore etc. All gone.

We have a few really exciting things going on yet though, here in the U.S. All is not lost.

I Felt I was being fair. I admitted I missed the deadline. I said I felt disappointed- I didn’t say they were horrible. My issue was that there was no effort made to try to work with me. It was “ You missed the deadline- you can look at our website for how to make returns. “. It wasn’t like “ Mr. X I see you’ve been giving us your business for 8 years- let me see what I can do/ maybe I can at least refund your shipping costs to return these” or “ were sorry if it wasn’t made clear about our deadline. It’s not us it’s Spinlock rules. We would hate to lose your business”. Never mind I don’t see how Spinlock would know which were my old units and exactly what day they were received. I’m sure for their local customers APS makes all kinds of allowances as all businesses have to do if you work with the public. Maybe in person it would have been different. My criticism online is not going to deter anyone who has had good experiences anymore than a few bad reviews keep me from buying something I want. I complained not to bring them down but to give them the feedback they need to do better. Most of my posts here about businesses has been to applaud them for  their great service or products. Enough said. 

9 minutes ago, gjbike said:

I Felt I was being fair. I admitted I missed the deadline. I said I felt disappointed- I didn’t say they were horrible. My issue was that there was no effort made to try to work with me. It was “ You missed the deadline- you can look at our website for how to make returns. “. It wasn’t like “ Mr. X I see you’ve been giving us your business for 8 years- let me see what I can do/ maybe I can at least refund your shipping costs to return these” or “ were sorry if it wasn’t made clear about our deadline. It’s not us it’s Spinlock rules. We would hate to lose your business”. Never mind I don’t see how Spinlock would know which were my old units and exactly what day they were received. I’m sure for their local customers APS makes all kinds of allowances as all businesses have to do if you work with the public. Maybe in person it would have been different. My criticism online is not going to deter anyone who has had good experiences anymore than a few bad reviews keep me from buying something I want. I complained not to bring them down but to give them the feedback they need to do better. Most of my posts here about businesses has been to applaud them for  their great service or products. Enough said. 

when you pictiurre thisse service repp in you heade, ist she dressed licke a geeshia?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

when you pictiurre thisse service repp in you heade, ist she dressed licke a geeshia?

Nekkid, of course.

What a bunch of cunts, I can't believe they didn't bend over backwards and go above and beyond for someone who spends $500 a year with them.

2 minutes ago, doghouse said:

Nekkid, of course.

she coude be "lipp my stockengs" kinde of girlle, butte your suggestione ist goode to.                     :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gjbike said:

If you are trying to give them feedback it is better done directly.  

I call bullshit on you merely wanted to give them feedback - that is not done by whining on the web.  

You are suggesting that they stiff one of their vendors in trying to appease you after you fucked the dog?  Seriously?

I have my own issues with APS (and I live in town) but I prefer to take my issues straight to them in private.

You sound like a whiney bitch

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, gjbike said:

we know that $225 is a big deal to you. and we know that you think spending $4k in 8 years at a store is a big deal.

im curious, whatever you did to earn the money that afforded you this boat, did you approach that profession w/ this half-ass level of diligence that you exhibit for boat purchases?

The opinions are all over the place. Most of them irrelevant to the original complaint. Who or what I am is irrelevant. How much money I have or spend there is irrelevant. What I  bought is irrelevant. Even whether or not I met the deadline is irrelevant to my original complaint. Describing your experiences online is EXACTLY what makes sites like this useful. APS could chime in anytime if they felt they were being misrepresented. Those of you with opposite experiences could chime in anytime. APS is not the cheapest place around- it is reasonable to expect service to be better than some wholesale discounter.  If you feel I have no right to expect anything more from them fine- we all have our standards. The rest is just noise. 

43 minutes ago, gjbike said:

The opinions are all over the place. Most of them irrelevant to the original complaint. Who or what I am is irrelevant. How much money I have or spend there is irrelevant. What I  bought is irrelevant. Even whether or not I met the deadline is irrelevant to my original complaint. Describing your experiences online is EXACTLY what makes sites like this useful. APS could chime in anytime if they felt they were being misrepresented. Those of you with opposite experiences could chime in anytime. APS is not the cheapest place around- it is reasonable to expect service to be better than some wholesale discounter.  If you feel I have no right to expect anything more from them fine- we all have our standards. The rest is just noise. 

Hey pal,

Are you familiar with the term WAFI?

Because you is one. You make the other sailors look bad.

52 minutes ago, gjbike said:

$4,000 over 8 years and you're a big spender?  Do you get free drinks in Vegas too?  

Just say to your self, I screwed up.  Then say to the mirror:  "I was hoping for some special dispensation from a company that wasn't actually responsible for setting the terms that I fucked up on meeting and their response wasn't letter perfect."  (e.g. "Oh, my gosh, let me rewrite our policy and take a $225 hit for you, darling customer, which is approximately 1/2 of what you spent in our store last year.")  But they didn't say exactly that.  So then read what you just wrote out loud and....

And then ask the mirror if that's your cherubic face that's looking and sounding all whiny as you say it.  

56 minutes ago, gjbike said:

Sorry, but you should go back and re-read your original post. In it, you argue that you are a good customer because of how much money you've spent with APS over the years and therefore you deserve a break at their expense. More importantly, whether or not you met the deadline is not only relevant it's the core of the issue. You didn't live up to your end of the deal and now you want APS to forgive that and pay off Spinlock's side of the deal.

Maybe APS could've soothed your hurt feelings with a gentler "no" or an offer of a modest discount on future business but in the end, they did what any business that plans to stick around would do by not making a bad business decision. If you feel disgruntled about how this went down, take your business elsewhere. 

Istream-  thank you for a reasoned and measured response. I can’t argue with your position. 

I work in a hospital. Most of the patients we treat are at least partially if not wholly responsible for their illnesses. Bad diets, no excercise , too much drink, smoking etc. Do I look at them and say too bad buddy, you brought this on yourself and you don’t have any right to treatment? It was not evident to me that the offer APS sent directly to my email was not theirs alone. They didn’t not make it obvious in their ad I would only have 3 days after getting my vests to get my old ones to them. Even if I returned them that day I would have spent half of my discount on rush delivery to meet that deadline. They could have put a return label in the box they sent me  to make it easy to send the old ones back. I don’t find it reasonable to  not have a policy to cover this situation that forces me to lose 100% of my discount on the return of old vests which are just going to be destroyed. Ok, I have to suck it up- not news to me. Perhaps some think this promotion was done perfectly and can’t be improved. I’m not one of those. 

5 hours ago, gjbike said:

Actually - with your attitude YOU seem irrelevant and just noise

6 hours ago, MikeR80 said:

we know that $225 is a big deal to you. and we know that you think spending $4k in 8 years at a store is a big deal.

im curious, whatever you did to earn the money that afforded you this boat, did you approach that profession w/ this half-ass level of diligence that you exhibit for boat purchases?

pdr-shorty2.jpg

• Like 1

Goddamn gj, suck it p, admit that the fault is yours and move on. Every post where you try another angle on why it wasn't your fault makes you sound more of a cock. I find that if I admit that I fucked up straight away and to everyone concerned that they will accept that and actually respect the position I'm in and work with me on a resolution. Ymmv. Nice boat btw. 

You’re in a tough place, gj.

Quick! Slip out while they’re trying to escape from their invisible boxes!!

CBC1E85F-2BF9-42CC-AB63-AA5DC063DB87.jpeg

I think his beef is that customer service aint what its cracked up to be.... but didn't he say he also works in a hospital??..........

Ok. I give up. It’s my fault for assuming, and not pinning down all the details before putting out my money. Lesson learned. No more loyalty- cheapest online price gets the business. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, it is rather tacky to only give you 3 days to send the old jackets to them.

Perhaps done purposely to get sales, then catch you on a technicality.  All a profit ecercise , perhaps  

I question the tactics of the manufacturer.   Makes them and APS look bad. 

41 minutes ago, inhiding said:

On the other hand, it is rather tacky to only give you 3 days to send the old jackets to them.

Perhaps done purposely to get sales, then catch you on a technicality.  All a profit ecercise , perhaps  

The offer was open for a month, the short timescale was because the OP bought the new pfd's right at the end of the offer period. APS added a grace period to the end of the manufacturers offer to allow extra time for purchasers to mail in their old pfd's.

All the OP had to do was read the requirements of the deal he was taking advantage of at the time of purchase instead of waiting for 10 days after the time he ordered. Maybe give them a call a the time 'I just noticed that the offer on spinlock lifevests is about to expire, what do I have to do to make sure i don't miss out?'.

When you buy online you are always taking some risks, generally if the item is faulty I expect the seller to sort it out, but if I didn't do my research properly, I accept that I'm on the hook for return shipping.

13 minutes ago, inhiding said:

Not to come down on you personally, but come on. The promotion from Spinlock lasted from June 1st to June 30th.  So count 30 Days.  By his original statement, APS said they had to receive them  by July 8th for the discount to be in effect (which is also in writing if you happened to read the how it works link above). Which by my count is another 8 days of opportunity.  APS' original email sent on June 1st, even states the Sale is for 30 days.  They then sent a follow up email on June 26th presenting every opportunity for a clown like this to make sure they get within the window. That is 38 days for any person to purchase, and return the used items for the discount. There is 0, repeat 0 fucking logic to think anyone other then the complaining douche is at fault.  As he claims, he ordered on June 28th.  So guess what, even if you mail it via UPS ground on June 28th, the 5 day shipping window  for $20.70 from Texas to Maryland gets it to APS within the allotted time even with the holiday. So again, every opportunity for this to happen, but the guy didn't follow simple rules. This does not put APS or the manufacturer in bad faith, or a claim to say bad tactics as you state. This is strictly one dudes fuck up, and trying to get out of it. Next thing we will hear, is his self claim replacement of offshore life jackets were not what he signed up for when the promotion says trade in for a Deckvest Lite so we will hear that bitching too. His claim of there wasn't anything on the ad to alert him to the fact is bullshit as well. There was a giant blue button in the email that says click here for details. Assuming he only bought these online and didn't actually read, he could have called APS directly, and asked for the details of the promotion by having a relationship with the Customer Service Reps. Again, a failure on his part, not APS.

There are so many things wrong with this original poster it is not funny. His claim to things being irrelevant is laughable at best, but mostly just sad. He brought up everyone one of the relevant facts in all his posts. As they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too jackass.  Next we will look at his occupation and trying to compare healthcare to that of someone who couldn't follow written instructions. If you are in healthcare, its called Hippocratic Oath, or perhaps you forgot about that. Even trying to compare the two things which are so far apart on the realm of anything plausible just makes you even more a giant piece of shit. Then he goes and talks about loyalty in his last post, well we already have determined this guy has no loyalty from all of his conversations.  Lastly,  speaking of his own loyalty in subsequent posts about your FE28 you love to call your crew amateurs.  While they may not be professionals, generally when you keep stating your crew is amateurs and not just your crew, your'e a degrading piece of shit.  Your'e probably the same person that uses that line when you don't win. Ohhh my amateurs cost me the win. 

Godam you guys are harsh..tough crowd... it used to be and in some places.. still is.. that people would cut you some slack...not enough money,,,pay later... hasn't payed in like forever ,give them credit..  took it home and it broke, thats ok replace it... not be all hardball n tell you to piss off like you suck too late... so fucking what if the guy was late on the date by a day or a week the bro thing to do is not be a dick and hardline the rules and say its ok we'll do it this time... fuck those guys , dude fucked up asked for a break and got denied whether its right or wrong the right thing to do is give the dude a break, keep your customer happy unless you could care less ... Man I bought a flat screen TV a few months back..took it out of the box, rotated it and the fucking screen cracked. put it back in the box took it back to the shop..they said..well its not covered by any warranty because ..one they didn't deliver it or set it up and I check online and Samsung basically says you are fucked.. Man I live on an Island and its a small town shop and everybody knows everybody...not the big city..they took it a few months went by we got a call and they gave us a new one..maybe they switched one out IDK but the point is they did the right thing and helped us out not just ...well sorry..your fuck up not ours

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I had an expired Mcdonalds coupon for a BOGO McRib sandwich (I'm too old to read the dates).  Turns out it was from April 2015.  I explained to the counter person that I had spent over $5000 dollars at Mcdonalds over my lifetime and that didn't help.  And to add insult to injury, that same counter person then had the audacity to tell me that they didn't even have the McRibs any longer.  Should I start a new thread?

Gjbike, what I have enjoyed the most is counting how many times you said you were done on this thread; more than the number of times Brett Favre said he was leaving the NFL and didn't.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

What ist youre handicappe?

I think he has a bug nummer.

13 hours ago, gjbike said:

Istream-  thank you for a reasoned and measured response. I can’t argue with your position. 

I work in a hospital. Most of the patients we treat are at least partially if not wholly responsible for their illnesses. Bad diets, no excercise , too much drink, smoking etc. Do I look at them and say too bad buddy, you brought this on yourself and you don’t have any right to treatment? It was not evident to me that the offer APS sent directly to my email was not theirs alone. They didn’t not make it obvious in their ad I would only have 3 days after getting my vests to get my old ones to them. Even if I returned them that day I would have spent half of my discount on rush delivery to meet that deadline. They could have put a return label in the box they sent me  to make it easy to send the old ones back. I don’t find it reasonable to  not have a policy to cover this situation that forces me to lose 100% of my discount on the return of old vests which are just going to be destroyed. Ok, I have to suck it up- not news to me. Perhaps some think this promotion was done perfectly and can’t be improved. I’m not one of those. 

When in a hole stop digging.  OMG.  Poor Texas.

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Gjbike, what I have enjoyed the most is counting how many times you said you were done on this thread; more than the number of times Brett Favre said he was leaving the NFL and didn't.  

Snags says he (Gjbike) cunt.

Well, if nothing else it pisses off guys who waste time hurling insults in a game of seeing who can be the most abrasive without adding anything of substance to the conversation. 

Yeah, I'd rather my favorite sailing supply stores stay in business, and offer an occasional sale, rather than cater to some pseudo-big spending knucklehead that can't follow directions.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gjbike said:

Well, if nothing else it pisses off guys who waste time hurling insults in a game of seeing who can be the most abrasive without adding anything of substance to the conversation. 

This is coming from the guy hurling insults at APS for his own mistake...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gjbike said:

If you don't listen, you are not having a "conversation".  

APS kept up their end of the deal.  I say kudos to them for having the product in stock and shipping it to you on time even though it was right at the end of the sale.  You simply did not keep your end of the deal. 

Who waits to send back something for a discount anyways.  It was worth $225 to you.  If $225 was not that important to you when you placed the order, why is it so important to you now?  You made a mistake and think someone else should pay for it.  You feel entitled.  Got it.

• Like 1

Ok. Just so everybody understands. 

1. APS did not cheat me out of anything. 

2. I should have done my part to follow their rules

3.  I don’t expect to be exempt from all the rules

4.  My experience with APS over the years has been mostly good which is why ordered from them and not someone else. 

5.  When the shoe was on the other foot  and it was APS that fucked up, including once when they blew an order for a part that was critical to a race I was understanding, did not make a stink and continued to do business with them. 

6. My complaint was now that it was my fuck up , they showed me the door and made no attempt to even listen or accommodate me. I consider that poor service and it was that, and only that, that I was bitching about. 

46 minutes ago, gjbike said:

Ok. Just so everybody understands. 

1. APS did not cheat me out of anything. 

2. I should have done my part to follow their rules

3.  I don’t expect to be exempt from all the rules

4.  My experience with APS over the years has been mostly good which is why ordered from them and not someone else. 

5.  When the shoe was on the other foot  and it was APS that fucked up, including once when they blew an order for a part that was critical to a race I was understanding, did not make a stink and continued to do business with them. 

6. My complaint was now that it was my fuck up , they showed me the door and made no attempt to even listen or accommodate me. I consider that poor service and it was that, and only that, that I was bitching about. 

Me thinks it's time to stop.  No one here thinks APS should have made any attempt to accommodate you.  It wasn't poor service it was business.  They didn't show you the door, they said you fucked up.  You can still buy plenty of stuff from APS.  

Guess you're not a man of your word now are you...

On 7/9/2018 at 4:03 PM, gjbike said:

1 minute ago, Stevem1971 said:

Guess you're not a man of your word now are you...

You are right. I should have quit long ago. 

1 hour ago, gjbike said:

I should have quit long ago. 

Adgreede, and plesae tacke VWAMP's appearrance challengede woman (poeste #24) withe you.  Thack you.                   :)

On 7/9/2018 at 8:23 PM, gjbike said:

:lol:

22 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

What ist youre handicappe?

Short arms and deep pockets?:)