Sign in to follow this  
dacapo

J22 HIN

My friend bought a real nice j22 out of Annapolis a few weeks ago and he is having a problem registering it. It seems as if the HIN on the transom is not complete and NYDMV will not register it. I know it’s his fault for not making damn sure that the transferred registration is all good but what can we do? 

Go back to the seller in Annapolis, and ask for a copy of their original bill of sale, or state small boat registration, which should have a complete HIN. The original seller should have copies of both of these, as they are required by the IRS to be maintained for seven years.    

J boats is helping us out.  The boat was built by TPI in South Africa and brought to the USA for a J22 worlds or some type of international regatta..and sold in the states...S. Africa built boat does nbot have the same HID stamp on the transom

The same thing happened to my boat in TX. It was brought from South Africa (Actually manufactured in Italy). The Hull number is different. 

I know the builder, Manuel Mendes, he is still in business in Cape Town. If you need to get in touch PM me and I’ll send his contact info.