Sign in to follow this  
freewheelin

Armchair Retirement Plan

If the block parties are like the parking lot before a concert, it'll be the "liveliest" over 55 community anyone's ever heard of...

• Like 1

I’ve got two neighbors who put down reservation deposits the first day. That was about in April....

edit: and I live in California

• Like 1

Some of us were talking about floating retirement communities, i.e. sell everything and buy back-to-back cruise tickets with the proceeds.

53 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_The_World

Saw it in Prince Rupert last summer.  Neat concept. 

Done the live aboard thing (and actually cruised for many years, not just grow the barnacles in the same harbour)

Wasn't interested in buying a dirt winter place, and found that it's cheaper to spend 60-90 days in a nice balcony cabin than renting a Florida beach front apartment by a mile!

Maybe no for everyone, but I actually get more sailing and zipping around the Caribbean in a nice centre console now each winter then when I lived on our sailboat. 

8 hours ago, Bull City said:

Leeroy, that's a very attractive concept. Any idea where to go to investigate further?

I'll ask around on my ship once I crew change.  The captain seemed to know quite a bit about her. 

In the meantime if you haven't already, check out www.abordtheworld.com 

When I saw it last year they were docked in Prince Rupert, and about to head to Haida Gwaii. 

If you are able to get more info first let us know.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to ask around as I am being moved to another vessel.