Monkey Butler

So, this qualifies as excitement around here nowadays...

It was like Christmas in July, I received my Dustbuddie today.

db.jpg.08aaa3040d9b4c2ff561d07bb732971f.jpg

This is the one that jgbrown recommended IN THIS POST. Hopefully by this weekend my wife's arm will feel better so I can get covered in crud for a few hours and not have to drop everything to help her out.

Also, My USCG COD showed up in the mail so the new name is official. I played around on the PC and printed out some letters to get the feel.

Out with the old:

img002.jpg.d3ec35d2214c6ca91b8a082e1a3d88eb.jpg

In with the new:

20180704_144844.jpg.ceb40ec3bc05937c4ba2fe6138811c94.jpg

20180704_144859.jpg.5a496082d14cbcf59c06efe63ca9f3db.jpg

They're printed on plain paper and stuck on with Scotch tape but so far I like it. Comments? I'll have a sign painter do the real thing.

You may notice I've been poking around at the bottom paint looking for trouble. So far so good. But man I need to fix that waterline. Have the old yard bill for that from PO. Whadda ya expect for $1500 bucks?

Edited by Monkey Butler
Screwed up JGB's Nom De Plume

I like the name and the font looks great on your transom.

It’s been too hot to grind boat bottoms but I’m glad you aren’t finding any problems. What’s a dustbuddie anyway?

3 hours ago, Shoalcove said:

I like the name and the font looks great on your transom.

It’s been too hot to grind boat bottoms but I’m glad you aren’t finding any problems. What’s a dustbuddie anyway?

Thanks Shoalcove. Though the font size might be a bit large but I like the overall effect.

Dustbuddie = http://www.dustlesstools.com/productdetails/D1850/GrindingShrouds.php

A1.jpg.3979736c5f8702c04b22af699e077d98.jpg

Recommended by forum member jgabrown on another thread. I'm going to try to keep the toxic dust cloud to a minimum as a courtesy to my neighbors.

Hey, on another note, do you ever visit the Cheoy Lee Owners Group on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/54147504803/

Chatting with an Aussie with a Perry 35 with a bit of a backstory.

Hi Monkey Butler,

The Dustbuddie seems a good idea. I might have to look into one but I’m hoping not to do much grinding soon. 

I haven’t checked out the Facebook group as I’m not a Facebook member and don’t tend to go there. I’ll take a look.

Thanks!

Who is Abigail?

On 7/11/2018 at 9:27 PM, Monkey Butler said:

Thanks, the final product will be very similar. Just need to add the hailing port.

4 hours ago, Bull City said:

Who is Abigail?

I woude licke to no as welle.  To OP; I regogmende useng a localle sine mackere so letteres our laide oute propperley.                          :)

5 hours ago, Bull City said:

Who is Abigail?

39 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I woude licke to no as welle.  To OP; I regogmende useng a localle sine mackere so letteres our laide oute propperley.                          :)

Bull, Snaggy, meet Abigail. So named by my son Tyler. He posted this video after this her last Christmas with us. She was 16 years old. Tyler died a little over a year later at age 26.

Tyler had a special affection for Abbey unlike he had for any other creature or human.

On 7/10/2018 at 4:25 PM, Monkey Butler said:

20180704_144859.jpg.5a496082d14cbcf59c06efe63ca9f3db.jpg

They're printed on plain paper and stuck on with Scotch tape but so far I like it. Comments? I'll have a sign painter do the real thing.

And Snags, I thought that's what I said. Or don't you understand fuckin' English? Oh, uh, wait... check that, maybe not so well.

Apologies, I meant "commentaires s'il vous plait. i welle hauve a localle sine artiste preforme thee finale applique de lettres."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

That first 'I' in ABIGAIL looks to be about an inch too low. 

Agreed. It was just some temp lettering to see if I liked it. I mean really temp.

fail.jpg.1bbe1eb03fb5ca3df4525c4f1782fa81.jpg

Anyone know who we're at war with now?

nuk.jpg.73089de0cebb8f8cb302291cd05c97d4.jpg