The TDS in this thread is funny, #walkaway libtards

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/exclusive-riverside-gun-store-confronts-sacha-baron-cohen-after-he-comes-to-business-in-disguise

Gun store owner flushes a turd.

“I’m looking at the producer and I’m just like am I being fooled right here?” Sweidan said. “And I just kept looking at the guy and I was like you’re Borat, as soon as I said that his eyes just looked at me like, and he did a turn right out the door.”

He says after Cohen left the store, he left his crew behind.

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Ask jiblets - he's the one who brought her in to the conversation.   I'm saying some people got punked by someone who's quite good at it, some realized it and laughted about it, some got pissed, and some caught on before letting themselves get punked.   That's all that this whole thing is - and trying to assign more import to it than that is silly. 

Maybe you can share where and when. 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Share where and when what?  That people got punked and had different reactions?   Plenty of cites above, help yourself to any of 'em. 

Couple points,

1) Joe Walsh thought he was talking about a program that might be brought to America. ". . . it was, I guess, an example of how Israel trains and arms preschool kids on how to use firearms and boy shouldn't we do that in American." --Joe Walsh defending himself in a CNN interview.

2) People can be punked into thinking someone just stole their car, and they can be punked into thinking they're being awarded the medal of being awesomely awesome, but can people really be punked into giving a whole speech promoting military training for little kids on TV?

"The intensive three week Kinderguardians course introduces specially selected children, from twelve to four years old, to pistols, rifles, semi-automatics, and a rudimentary knowledge of mortars. In less than a month--less than a month--a first-grader can become a first-grenader." --Joe Walsh on Who is America?

I'd like to ask Joe what a rudimentary knowledge of mortars includes? And, what is a "first-grenader"? Is that the grade level of the grenader, or does that mean they run in and throw their grenades first since they are fast, agile, little kids darting around and harder for snipers to shoot? And what if you have kids interested in Molotov cocktails? What are they supposed to do?

Maybe Joe actually said kids would be introduced to crystals, waffles, semi-acrobatics, and a rudimentary knowledge of snorters?

• Like 1

Not a particular fan of Cohen but beyond that, why are basically all the funny people on the left side of the aisle (or isle if you prefer)? If you lack a sense of humour does it mean you are drawn to the right where everything exists in a humourless miasma? Or do righties start with a sense of humour which degrades as one exists on the right?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Not a particular fan of Cohen but beyond that, why are basically all the funny people on the left side of the aisle (or isle if you prefer)? If you lack a sense of humour does it mean you are drawn to the right where everything exists in a humourless miasma? Or do righties start with a sense of humour which degrades as one exists on the right?

John Fugelsang has a good explanation here.

2 hours ago, lasal said:

Couple points,

1) Joe Walsh thought he was talking about a program that might be brought to America. ". . . it was, I guess, an example of how Israel trains and arms preschool kids on how to use firearms and boy shouldn't we do that in American." --Joe Walsh defending himself in a CNN interview.

2) People can be punked into thinking someone just stole their car, and they can be punked into thinking they're being awarded the medal of being awesomely awesome, but can people really be punked into giving a whole speech promoting military training for little kids on TV?

"The intensive three week Kinderguardians course introduces specially selected children, from twelve to four years old, to pistols, rifles, semi-automatics, and a rudimentary knowledge of mortars. In less than a month--less than a month--a first-grader can become a first-grenader." --Joe Walsh on Who is America?

I'd like to ask Joe what a rudimentary knowledge of mortars includes? And, what is a "first-grenader"? Is that the grade level of the grenader, or does that mean they run in and throw their grenades first since they are fast, agile, little kids darting around and harder for snipers to shoot? And what if you have kids interested in Molotov cocktails? What are they supposed to do?

Maybe Joe actually said kids would be introduced to crystals, waffles, semi-acrobatics, and a rudimentary knowledge of snorters?

Ask Cohen - he wrote the script for the teleprompter.  It's funny to see so many of you trying so hard to twist this into more than it is - I've got a few ideas about how far y'all will go - but, I'm gonna just sit back and smile and see if my guess is right. 

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I'd say most mainstream comics in the US are middle of the road, not "liberal". Conservatives in the US aren't funny because the movement is so mired in its victimhood, so extreme in it's culture warring there's no time for jokes that aren't one-liners about liberals. Liberal Joke "I wouldn't be a straight white man if you paid me - though the pay would be substantially better" Hannah gadsby

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Lefty comedians always punch up.

righty comedians always punch down.

punching up is funny, punching down is sad.

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Ask Cohen - he wrote the script for the teleprompter.  It's funny to see so many of you trying so hard to twist this into more than it is - I've got a few ideas about how far y'all will go - but, I'm gonna just sit back and smile and see if my guess is right. 

It's funny to see someone claim the teleprompter did it.

2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Have you considered that your sense of humor might be shaped by your politics?

Here's a conservative comic. Can't say you'll laugh, but it says America Comedy that's never "Blue." Why is blue capitalized and in scare quotes?

Tim Slagle stands up for America Comedy that's never "Blue"

10 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I think that the bigger point is that politicians will  say what they think someone wants to hear right now, often w/out thinking thru anything.  In this particular case?  i think the likely scenario is that they saw some political benefit to making a statement that they thought wouldn't be heard here, (in the case of Walsh - he was told he was bbeing given an award for his Israel advocacy), and that those statements don't reflect any intention.  

I could be wrong, but, that's how I see it, and think that that should advise us all to be quite skeptical of most things that come out of politicians' mouths.  

I agree that the people involved were thinking about the money more than the message.

7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Share where and when what?  That people got punked and had different reactions?   Plenty of cites above, help yourself to any of 'em. 

Read up, the point where Mismoyled invoked Hilliary. 

Back to the point, are those reactions deemed normal in your mind?   Would you endorse any of the reactions? Rape in marriage for example? We can deal with the fluffy guns later. 

7 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Sorry but your really over thinking it,

16 hours ago, Fake news said:

The TDS in this thread is funny, #walkaway libtards

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/exclusive-riverside-gun-store-confronts-sacha-baron-cohen-after-he-comes-to-business-in-disguise

Gun store owner flushes a turd.

“I’m looking at the producer and I’m just like am I being fooled right here?” Sweidan said. “And I just kept looking at the guy and I was like you’re Borat, as soon as I said that his eyes just looked at me like, and he did a turn right out the door.”

He says after Cohen left the store, he left his crew behind.

929245119_FakeNews.jpg.2c51abc6730ed13361d487e24cb5c9c6.jpg

5 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
20 hours ago, lasal said:

It's funny to see someone claim the teleprompter did it.

It's funny to see so many of you almost apoplectic trying to infer serious intent from a comedy skit.

First they were tricked, then the teleprompter did it, now they were just kidding. Like I said, believe what you want.

Here's some science for you:

“Children under five also have elevated levels of the pheromone Blink-182, produced by the part of the liver known as the Rita Ora. This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the Cardi B neural pathway to the Wiz Khalifa 40% faster, saving time and saving lives.”

9 minutes ago, lasal said:

First they were tricked, then the teleprompter did it, now they were just kidding. Like I said, believe what you want.

“Children under five also have elevated levels of the pheromone Blink-182, produced by the part of the liver known as the Rita Ora. This allows nerve reflexes to travel along the Cardi B neural pathway to the Wiz Khalifa 40% faster, saving time and saving lives.”

You're still funny - and yeah - you're right - all those things DID happen in this instance - they were tricked ( most of 'em - to inclde Bernie) into participating, what they read WAS off the teleprompter, and it IS a comedy skit - just like Borat.   "Believe what I want"?  As though this isn't what happened? 

Do you think any of the guys reading the teleprompter have any idea that Blink182 is a band?  have any idea at all who Wiz Khalifa is? Have touched themselves to pics of Rita Ora?  Gimme a fuggin break -

Science?  You're the guy who's trying to infer serious meaning and sinister intent where it doesn't exist.  Cohen did what he does well - presents the absurd in a manner that gets gullible people to go along with him while he captures the absurdity on film.    

Why are you trying so hard to paint this as something more than it is?  

23 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
39 minutes ago, lasal said:

You're still funny - and yeah - you're right - all those things DID happen in this instance - they were tricked ( most of 'em - to inclde Bernie) into participating, what they read WAS off the teleprompter, and it IS a comedy skit - just like Borat.   "Believe what I want"?  As though this isn't what happened? 

Do you think any of the guys reading the teleprompter have any idea that Blink182 is a band?  have any idea at all who Wiz Khalifa is? Have touched themselves to pics of Rita Ora?  Gimme a fuggin break -

Science?  You're the guy who's trying to infer serious meaning and sinister intent where it doesn't exist.  Cohen did what he does well - presents the absurd in a manner that gets gullible people to go along with him while he captures the absurdity on film.    

Believe what you will. These guys are reptiles who agreed to promote a program arming kindergartners. But god it was incredibly funny to watch them argue for it. You think Larry knows what an owl is?

“The science behind this program is proven. At age 4, a child processes images 80% faster than an adult, meaning that essentially, like owls, they can see in slow motion."  – Gun Owners of America Executive Director Emeritus Larry Pratt

Sarah Palin seems worried about her "interview" with Dr. Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr.

image.thumb.png.2473df17da76a8397ad35beb2467ed01.png

6 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

How do you "trick" someone into endorsing arming 3 year olds with plush guns to make bad men take a long timeout?  This is your tribe.  Are you as stupid as your leadership?  You should reconsider your allegiances.   

40 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

How do you "trick" someone into endorsing arming 3 year olds with plush guns to make bad men take a long timeout?  This is your tribe.  Are you as stupid as your leadership?  You should reconsider your allegiances.   

That's easy, It's in America.

22 minutes ago, Keith said:

That's easy, It's in America.

Bernie didn't fall for it.  But the Cucks did.  Says a lot about cucks.  They are so gullible.  That's why they love Trump.

7 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

I think Ed's onto something. Once a subject becomes part of TeamR and/or TeamD tribal identity, stupidity will follow.

And gun control is definitely in that category, so you can get one team to say most any pro-gun thing and the other to say most any anti-gun thing. As in, plush animal guns for kids from TeamR and banning this because it's "like an M16" from TeamD.

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

15 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

It's satire. It has political intent. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I think Ed's onto something. Once a subject becomes part of TeamR and/or TeamD tribal identity, stupidity will follow.

And gun control is definitely in that category, so you can get one team to say most any pro-gun thing and the other to say most any anti-gun thing. As in, plush animal guns for kids from TeamR and banning this because it's "like an M16" from TeamD.

Promoting arming kindergartners on the one hand and promoting banning semi-auto rifles designed for war on the other is your spectrum? The stupidity is leaning pretty far to the right there Tom.

4 minutes ago, lasal said:

Promoting arming kindergartners on the one hand and promoting banning semi-auto rifles designed for war on the other is your spectrum? The stupidity is leaning pretty far to the right there Tom.

I was specifically referencing banning assault weapons like this .22 in the pic below.

Do you think it's a "semi-auto rifle designed for war"?

I think that's BS right after the semi-auto part.

SWVictory22silver-flower.jpg

6 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I was specifically referencing banning assault weapons like this .22 in the pic below.

Do you think it's a "semi-auto rifle designed for war"?

I think that's BS right after the semi-auto part.

SWVictory22silver-flower.jpg

promoting arming little kids is a whole lot worse than just BS, but i personally don't lump your handgun into the M16 category.

4 hours ago, lasal said:

promoting arming little kids is a whole lot worse than just BS, but i personally don't lump your handgun into the M16 category.

You may not, but a pretty good sized group of US Senators do.

On 6/6/2018 at 6:29 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

The part of my shopping list related to handguns says this:

(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:

(i) A threaded barrel.

(ii) A second pistol grip.

(iii) A barrel shroud.

(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

It's an assault weapon because of the threaded barrel.

My wife's Ruger 10-22 is an assault weapon because of the telescoping stock.

Both are BS.

4 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You may not, but a pretty good sized group of US Senators do.

It's an assault weapon because of the threaded barrel.

My wife's Ruger 10-22 is an assault weapon because of the telescoping stock.

Both are BS.

Like I said, I can see how you might call that an overreach and therefore BS. But promoting a program arming kids in schools? To you that's just BS too?

Well, it isn't just BS, it's reptilian depravity of the first order.

It looks like Dana Rohrabacher, one of the US rep(tiles), is in a little hot water over a cute Russian operative and perhaps NRA money laundering.

2 hours ago, lasal said:

Like I said, I can see how you might call that an overreach and therefore BS. But promoting a program arming kids in schools? To you that's just BS too?

Well, it isn't just BS, it's reptilian depravity of the first order.

It looks like Dana Rohrabacher, one of the US rep(tiles), is in a little hot water over a cute Russian operative and perhaps NRA money laundering.

And would you call it overreach, given that you "personally don't lump your handgun into the M16 category"?

I said both were examples of what happens with tribal politics over guns. Are they equal? Well, I wouldn't expect a comedy setup to be equal to actual proposed legislation, and guess what, they're not. 

Another thing that happens is that people just can't call overreach what it is. People from both tribes.

57 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

And would you call it overreach, given that you "personally don't lump your handgun into the M16 category"?

I said both were examples of what happens with tribal politics over guns. Are they equal? Well, I wouldn't expect a comedy setup to be equal to actual proposed legislation, and guess what, they're not. 

Another thing that happens is that people just can't call overreach what it is. People from both tribes.

You can't call out reptiles for wanting to arm kindergartners? OK, Tom.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:23 PM, lasal said:

Here's a conservative comic. Can't say you'll laugh, but it says America Comedy that's never "Blue." Why is blue capitalized and in scare quotes?

Tim Slagle stands up for America Comedy that's never "Blue"

Some comedy is a little painful, because it isn't funny. You watch this poor guy, working so hard to entertain, and it hurts a little bit that he doesn't make you laugh.

I think it's not about politics, it's about not being funny. Dennis Miller is fairly conservative, he's pretty funny. Norm MacDonald is a little conservative, he's funny as hell.