Sign in to follow this  
Shortforbob

Juggling bigly

@realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

I am in Brussels, but always thinking about our farmers. Soy beans fell 50% from 2012 to my election. Farmers have done poorly for 15 years. Other countries’ trade barriers and tariffs have been destroying their businesses. I will open...

.things up, better than ever before, but it can’t go too quickly. I am fighting for a level playing field for our farmers, and will win!

WTF is he talking about?  His Trade War is killing the Soy Bean farmers, whose HUGE Chinese market just evaporated overnight....

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

WTF is he talking about?  His Trade War is killing the Soy Bean farmers, whose HUGE Chinese market just evaporated overnight....

Magic bunny pals

Disappointed. 

The thread title led me to expect titties.

It will take many years of hard work and patient diplomacy to undo all the damage after the orange idiot is gone. 

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
 @realDonaldTrump
More

I am in Brussels, but always thinking about our farmers. Soy beans fell 50% from 2012 to my election. Farmers have done poorly for 15 years. Other countries’ trade barriers and tariffs have been destroying their businesses. I will open...

.things up, better than ever before, but it can’t go too quickly. I am fighting for a level playing field for our farmers, and will win!

Ha ha ha ha. The USA protects and coddles its farmers to a degree that would make even the French blush.

FKT

10 hours ago, billy backstay said:

It didn’t evaporate. It moved to Russia. Im sure that’s just a coincidence. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-17/china-buys-record-amount-of-russian-soy-as-it-shuns-u-s-growers

MAGA!

I never cry for farmers. In good years we never hear a peep out of them. The just quietly pocket the profits, buy new pickemup trucks, etc. In bad years the wailing is incessant. No group in the USA benefits from subsidies, direct and hidden, as much as the farmers. Plus over representation in Government. The hugest bunch of coddled babies.

They selflessly feed us? What a bunch of crock.

I have both empathy and sympathy for the family farmer and none for the big corporate enterprises.

" three quarters of all U.S. farms gross only $50,000 a year and currently account for only 4 percent of product sales. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/05/06/state-of-american-farming-big-producers-dominate-food-production.html

Punitive taxes on absentee landowners (and yes, I'm one) and subsidies for family farmers living on site would be, I think, in the nation's interest. A lot of good things come off a farm that have nothing to do with consumption.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:05 AM, Shortforbob said:
 @realDonaldTrump
More

I am in Brussels, but always thinking about our farmers. Soy beans fell 50% from 2012 to my election.

Is this actually Trump?   I ask because this is largely accurate and he usually just makes shit up.  

Weird. 

On 7/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, benwynn said:

Is this actually Trump?   I ask because this is largely accurate and he usually just makes shit up.  

Weird. 

The geeks have identified two devices used to post tweets.   One is a staff member with good grammar, the other is an android associated with lies and BS.  It is believed to be used personally by the President.