Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

i use to love the place, never going back

Former Clemson volleyball player Tatiana Mirutenko was struck by a stray bullet and killed while celebrating her wedding anniversary on a trip to Mexico City over the weekend.

According to reports, the 27-year-old San Francisco resident was with her husband in an upscale neighborhood around Mexico City Saturday when gunmen on motorcycles fired shots at a bouncer at a nearby bar and a stray bullet hit Mirutenko in the head.

“She would give 200 percent. As a mother, we always say things, but she inspired me to be better,” her mother Natalie Mirutenko said to KGO-TV in San Francisco. “I’d give my life if she could just come back.”

Mexico is well on its way to being a failed state, much like Colombia was when Escobar was alive. It's a shame because it was a great country.

It's gone too far for civilized justice to prevail. They need to get downright fascist with those savage cunts and just hunt them down and kill them off.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Mexico is well on its way to being a failed state, much like Colombia was when Escobar was alive. It's a shame because it was a great country.

It's gone too far for civilized justice to prevail. They need to get downright fascist with those savage cunts and just hunt them down and kill them off.

Chicago actually had more murders and shootings last year than Mexico City. Plenty of collateral damage on Chicago's streets. Every day there are stories about kids, parents, teachers, etc shot by stray bullets.  The population of Mexico City is also much larger than any US city.  Wait, maybe Chicago is also a failed state. 

2 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

Chicago actually had more murders and shootings last year than Mexico City. Plenty of collateral damage on Chicago's streets. Every day there are stories about kids, parents, teachers, etc shot by stray bullets.  The population of Mexico City is also much larger than any US city.  Wait, maybe Chicago is also a failed state. 

Americans must be proud.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I got to see Vicente Fox at a Speaker Series talk a couple of years ago.  He is an extremely intelligent man, but along with most of the Mexican government, he has an extreme case of denial.  According to him, Mexico does not have a “drug preoblem”. Mexico will rarely extradite criminals to the US if they would face capital punishment.  

8 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

Maybe Canada should invade and drive out the criminal element....

FKT

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

We'll keep the black hawks......... 

25 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Do they still have road maps in gas stations so the military can find their way?

On 7/11/2018 at 7:57 PM, SloopJonB said:

What they need is strict gun laws.  Oh wait......

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Don't kid yourself,  the violence is already there..      there is no concern for human life in that country anymore..

When i worked in North Philly, the people at the hospital would ask if i were worried about going to mexico. I always thought i had more of a chance of getting shoot in philly then anywhere else i went

3 minutes ago, burndoc said:

When i worked in North Philly, the people at the hospital would ask if i were worried about going to mexico. I always thought i had more of a chance of getting shoot in philly then anywhere else i went

you're talking about a country where kidnapping is a career choice..

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What they need is strict gun laws.  Oh wait......

Issue everyone a military grade .22

I once said essentially the same thing about an apparently psychotic ex-girlfriend.... Several years later, who knew?! I was back there several times over the course of several weeks.... It was quite enjoyable.

I'd go back again, but she's dead now, and probably not very much fun in her current state.

1 minute ago, hobot said:

Dude, even for this place that's a little dark...

Merle mabey a littelle downe ritte nowe with hisse peeng accidemtte and alle.  Thouhts of ounes owen mortallitey cane be darke, sobbering at leaste .

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Merle mabey a littelle downe ritte nowe with hisse peeng accidemtte and alle.  Thouhts of ounes owen mortallitey cane be darke, sobbering at leaste .

Peeing accident?  What did I miss?

6 hours ago, hobot said:

Dude, even for this place that's a little dark...

6 hours ago, IStream said:

No judgement.

I've seen lots of dead (sincerely dead) and nearly (merely dead) dead folks...........LOTS........easily a thousand of the sincerely dead flavor.........sometimes dark humor is all you got. 

4 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I've seen lots of dead (sincerely dead) and nearly (merely dead) dead folks...........LOTS........easily a thousand of the sincerely dead flavor.........sometimes dark humor is all you got. 

Yeah but what about the "mostly dead"?

mostly-dead.jpg

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

:)

Gosh dang! 'Ol Mrleft8's gonna have to give up that screen name he has now and reappear as a newbie or else forever be known for another kind of midnight stroll!

:ph34r:

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, SloopJonB said:

News flash, Mexico has long been a failed state. Don't believe me? Just look at all their citizen who would run across desert and wade through the Rio Grande-e-o to escape the place.

13 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

News flash, Mexico has long been a failed state. Don't believe me? Just look at all their citizen who would run across desert and wade through the Rio Grande-e-o to escape the place.

Juste bacause the peopel loose hoppe an give up, ist that astate failliure?                                   :)

• Like 1

I shudder when I see people throwing around statistics without understanding what's really going on. Last time I was in Mexico, 4 sherrifs had been executed in a month, the Mexican military was on corners with machine guns, and I had to ride in an armored Lincoln navigator to cross the border and get to work.  You people comparing it to the US are so far off it's unbelievable. 

14 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I shudder when I see people throwing around statistics without understanding what's really going on. Last time I was in Mexico, 4 sherrifs had been executed in a month, the Mexican military was on corners with machine guns, and I had to ride in an armored Lincoln navigator to cross the border and get to work.  You people comparing it to the US are so far off it's unbelievable. 

2015 data per 100K Mexico 16.9, US 4.9. Pretty straight forward. General agreement on multiple web sites.

What the causes or impacts on quality of life versus freedoms is better left to PA. 

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/murder-rates-by-country.html

15 hours ago, Grrr... said:

in guadalajara in late 80's for a friends wedding,  federale's looking about 16 years old carrying machine guns and shotguns..

ditto driving to merida via back roads, checkpoint ... 

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

in guadalajara in late 80's for a friends wedding,  federale's looking about 16 years old carrying machine guns and shotguns..

So how do all the illegal “immigrants “ get past the federales?

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Had a moment back in the early 80's driving in a caravan of several cars carrying high school kids on a straight through drive down Baja to a place on the central coast boasting a series of excellent point breaks about even with Catavina on the main highway called 7 Sisters. It was a week long school biology class  field trip and I was a parent volunteer chaperone/paramedic. Cool trip, we camped on the beach and the kids had morning class in applied biology in a makeshift classroom on the beach and had ocean and sand dune play in the afternoon. I surfed all day.....every day........oh....and "chaperoned". :lol:

Anyway, around 2am we came up on a plateau on the two lane highway and it was partially blocked by 50 gallon barrels with fires in the barrels. Out of the darkness stepped about 15 federalies all wearing black with balaclavas covering their faces and carrying automatic weapons. Nobody pointed any weapons at us but it was quite intimidating even for myself who had spent my teen years surfing in much of northern Baja, I had never experienced anything quite like this. One of our group was fluent in spanish and after about 10 minutes of conversation, satisfied with our reason for being on the road at such a late hour, and provided with gifts of cold Cokes and a few sammies they let us go on about our business. Turns out their story was that stretch of road was recently plagued by bad guys robbing truckers at gunpoint and the road blocks were setup periodically to "discourage" that sort of activity.

Intimidated the heck out of us.