Sign in to follow this  
Sol Rosenberg

When You've Lost Juan Williams...

Recommended Posts

That's the problem with the two party "system".  Choices are limited.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the comments section on this op ed is a lesson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juan Williams was never found.  Just more angst from a liberal!  The sky is falling!  It’s Armageddon!  Women will have back-alley coat-hanger abortions!  Children are being ripped from their mother’s bosoms!  The economy will never recover!  The earth has been destroyed!  The US is now a dictatorship!  And on and on and on and on....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I appreciate the source of his angst - but, jeebus, the guy sounds like BL - "The fix is to eradicate Republicans" while bemoaning the times that the Electoral College didn't go for the D candidate.   

He just made me change my opinion of his pieces from "balance from the left" to "completely skewed and to be viewed with skepticism". 

I did like this quote: 
"“The American people are fed a daily diet of nonsense-talk and lies… Nobody should underestimate the threat posed by a political party where conservatism is now defined by absolute obedience to a leader with autocratic tendencies who fetishizes dictators and autocrats all over the world,” he said."

That applies as well to any group who prefer political dogma to realistic understanding. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I appreciate the source of his angst - but, jeebus, the guy sounds like BL - "The fix is to eradicate Republicans" while bemoaning the times that the Electoral College didn't go for the D candidate.   

He just made me change my opinion of his pieces from "balance from the left" to "completely skewed and to be viewed with skepticism". 

I did like this quote: 
"“The American people are fed a daily diet of nonsense-talk and lies… Nobody should underestimate the threat posed by a political party where conservatism is now defined by absolute obedience to a leader with autocratic tendencies who fetishizes dictators and autocrats all over the world,” he said."

That applies as well to any group who prefer political dogma to realistic understanding. 

 

You do know who Juan Williams is, don't you?  That would be the second Foxy Newser to go off on the Pride of the GOP today.  When the state TV network starts directing criticism, either something is afoot or someone is going astray.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

"“The American people are fed a daily diet of nonsense-talk and lies… Nobody should underestimate the threat posed by a political party where conservatism is now defined by absolute obedience to a leader with autocratic tendencies who fetishizes dictators and autocrats all over the world,” he said."

That applies as well to any group who prefer political dogma to realistic understanding. 

I underlined the important part. It's not dogma to the Republican Party anymore, it's a cult of personality and that's why the Republican party must go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You do know who Juan Williams is, don't you?  That would be the second Foxy Newser to go off on the Pride of the GOP today.  When the state TV network starts directing criticism, either something is afoot or someone is going astray.  

Do you know who Juan Williams is? Because this is par for the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You do know who Juan Williams is, don't you?  That would be the second Foxy Newser to go off on the Pride of the GOP today.  When the state TV network starts directing criticism, either something is afoot or someone is going astray.  

You aren’t very well informed are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You do know who Juan Williams is, don't you?  That would be the second Foxy Newser to go off on the Pride of the GOP today.  When the state TV network starts directing criticism, either something is afoot or someone is going astray.  

I do indeed - and who he works for doesn't impact my opinion of what he said.  I agree with part of it - but the rest?  it's a bunch of left-serving whinging. 

I've got a blister on my finger - "The only way to make your finger pure again is to cut it off!"  

Do YOU know who Juan Williams is, and what role he plays at Fox? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I do indeed - and who he works for doesn't impact my opinion of what he said.  I agree with part of it - but the rest?  it's a bunch of left-serving whinging. 

I've got a blister on my finger - "The only way to make your finger pure again is to cut it off!"  

Do YOU know who Juan Williams is, and what role he plays at Fox? 

 

Yep.  He is not there to play Washington Generals for Sean, like Alan Combs was.  

It's been an impressive couple of days for Foxy.  It is amazing how quickly their knives can sharpen when the Pride of the GOP starts messing with trade issues and threatening the 1%'s cash flow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope - the only cult of personality we’ve had since JFK is The Messiah.  

Next time try to be a little less partisan and a little more objective.

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, learningJ24 said:

" it's a cult of personality"

Didn't we begin that with Ronnie and George W.?

If you're talking about George Washington, I believe you are correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J28 said:

Nope - the only cult of personality we’ve had since JFK is The Messiah.  

Next time try to be a little less partisan and a little more objective.

TIA

This new guy's funny.  Someone's new sock?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frenchie said:

This new guy's funny.  Someone's new sock?

 

 

Recycled. Must’ve been lost behind the dryer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, frenchie said:
7 hours ago, J28 said:

Nope - the only cult of personality we’ve had since JFK is The Messiah.  

Next time try to be a little less partisan and a little more objective.

TIA

This new guy's funny.  Someone's new sock?

Something tells me the irony in his statements is lost on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frenchie said:

This new guy's funny.  Someone's new sock?

 

 

It’s a really old deep state sock who joined in 2005 but only just now is beginning to post.

my search algorithm and post processing suggests that his puppet master is Patriot.

 

SAD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I underlined the important part. It's not dogma to the Republican Party anymore, it's a cult of personality and that's why the Republican party must go. 

Allow me, if you will to correct both you and Mr. Williams....

“The American people are fed a daily diet of nonsense-talk and lies… Nobody should underestimate the threat posed by political parties where both liberalism and conservatism are now defined by absolute obedience to leaders with autocratic tendencies who fetishizes dictators within their own ranks.”  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Allow me, if you will to correct both you and Mr. Williams....

“The American people are fed a daily diet of nonsense-talk and lies… Nobody should underestimate the threat posed by political parties where both liberalism and conservatism are now defined by absolute obedience to leaders with autocratic tendencies who fetishizes dictators within their own ranks.”  

 

pass the bong Bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lack of objectivity is a direct reflection and product of your partisan bias.

Sadly you are too blind to see it. Not alone on the score though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

You lack of objectivity is a direct reflection and product of your partisan bias.

Sadly you are too blind to see it. Not alone on the score though.

clearly because I refuse to fall back on "I'm an independent and both partys suck in the same way" when confronted with my prefered party being shitheads, I lack objectivity. Clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this