Anyone know of any J/34c owners that might be thinking about parting with their boat? I can't believe there's not even one on the market right now. 

mark@skiandsail.com

Nope, but awesome boat had one still miss it sold it in 09 I believe its in your area Bodacious.

Also look for 35c same boat 1ft bigger

Drove for a beer can race on Bodacious a few weeks ago. Just made me want the boat even more! Might take a look at a 35c in FL, but it's a bit out of my range. Thanks!

The J/35C is really similar to the J/34C, and the J/110 is a J/35C with an asymmetric spinnaker sprit and a transom with a built in boarding step.  All are really nice racer cruisers.    We sail a J/110.  You are right, the 35C is a little bigger and a little newer than the 34C, so they tend to be a few more $s.  And the 110s are newer than the 35C, so they are even more.  

The J/37 and the J/37C's are considerably bigger, but are really sweet sailing boats, and from my experience, sail much faster than they should when fully laden.  Great for longer distance voyaging, but no slouch getting around a racecourse either.   They are an older model, so you can sometimes find them pretty reasonably.   I've sailed them a fair bit and really like the boat.  The J/32 is in this family, but I have no personal experience with it in particular.

There's a 35c and a 37 available, each has its pros and cons. I'd opt for the 35c, but the asking price is holding me back. A 34c would be right in my sweet spot. I haven't seen a 110 for sale in a long time, but that would definitely go beyond our budget.

We test sailed j35c hull #1 in Newport with Stu Johnstone back in 1990 (I think).  They were still fine tuning the design and had actually taken a piece of paper with a “port” drawn on it and taped it to the side of the coach roof to see if the design needed it to get the proper look.  (They kept the port). The 35c hull used the j34c hull mold (IIRC) modified to extend the WL aft, added more reverse sheer to the transom, and  designed a new deck with lower coach roof, and lower profile ports.  The 35c had a fin keel vs the UFO keel that was standard on the 34c (UFO was an option on the 35c).  The interior on the 35c was in white laminates with teak trim, whereas the 34c was all teak belowdecks.