Gouvernail

POTUS Takes Russians Side Vs FBI, CIA, etc.

One of these men is loyal at all times to his country. One is a traitor 

2E8F6DF4-A758-4310-9F1A-0AC8DB80C40E.jpeg

Yes, but watch the Sacha Baron Cohen thing. It's worse than that.

21 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

My pet theory for explaining Trumps odd behavior in this matter is Trump is planning to maintain his business empire with Russian money when this particular reality Tee-Vee gig gets cancelled due to bad ratings. 

What he probably doesn't get is that guy next to him will dump him faster than I dumped 1st period French in high school when he too is judged far more trouble than worth, and a failed, disgraced POTUS with a yuuuuge spotlight on him will be precisely that. 

NYT - Goldberg "Trump Shows the World He's Putin's Lackey"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/opinion/trump-putin-summit-russia-collusion.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

No matter how low your expectations for the summit between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin on Monday, it was hard not to be staggered by the American president’s slavish and toadying performance. 

Perhaps the most sinister part of the news conference was Trump’s seeming openness to a deal in which F.B.I. investigators could question people in Russia in exchange for letting Russians question Putin critics in America. Putin referred specifically to associates of his arch-nemesis Bill Browder, a businessman (and British citizen) who has succeeded in getting seven countries, including the United States, to pass laws punishing Russian oligarchs suspected of corruption. (The Russians who met with members of the Trump campaign at Trump Tower in June 2016 wanted to discuss this law, the Magnitsky Act.)

While I was as shocked as everyone else, I shouldn’t have been. Trump’s behavior on Monday recalled his outburst at Trump Tower after the violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, when he insisted there were “very fine people” among the racist demonstrators. Both times, everything Trump said was in keeping with things he’d said before. The shocking part was his frankness. Then, as now, it forced, if just for a moment, a collective apprehension of just what a repulsive abomination this presidency is. 

This weekend, Butina was arrested in Washington, and on Monday her indictment for acting as a Russian agent was unsealed. She was accused of conspiracy to “exploit personal connections with U.S. persons having influence in American politics in an effort to advance the interests of the Russian Federation.” There’s a useful lesson here in evaluating Trump’s behavior. Sometimes things are exactly as bad as they appear.

The president lays himself at Vladimir Putin's feet (NYT editorial)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/opinion/donald-trump-putin-russia.html 

Why Won’t Donald Trump Speak for America? 
The president lays himself at Vladimir Putin’s feet.

By The Editorial Board 
July 16, 2018 

The last time President Trump claimed that “both sides” were responsible for bad behavior, it didn’t go well. 

That was nearly a year ago, after a march of neo-Nazis descended into violence and a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters, killing a woman. 

On Monday, Mr. Trump again engaged in immoral equivalence, this time during a gobsmacking news conference after his meeting in Helsinki, Finland, with the Russian president, Vladimir Putin. A reporter referred to last week’s indictments of 12 Russian military officials for a coordinated cyberattack on the 2016 election and asked Mr. Trump if he held Russia responsible. “I hold both countries responsible,” Mr. Trump said. 

Even in a presidency replete with self-defeating moments for the United States, Mr. Trump’s comments on Monday, which were broadcast live around the world, stand out. 

I have not seen Malarkey weigh in on this yet, the poor bastard. 

I picture him at a desk under a bare light bulb, furiously writing draft after draft of his post, a mass of discarded crumpled papers at his feet. 

When he finally decided he's  got it right, he will defend Trump, and it's gonna be good.  I'm talking Evel Kinevel at Ceasars Palace good. You'll read it and wince, knowing the usual suspects will pounce on him like hyenas and rip him to shreds.

I'm getting all giddy inside just thinking about it. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, BrickTopHarry said:

You didn't answer the question. 

u do not realize Trump is two steps ahead of the media and three or four steps ahead of you.  Try to keep up......

1 minute ago, warbird said:

u do not realize Trump is two steps ahead of the media and three or four steps ahead of you.  Try to keep up......

Why can't you actually say whether you approve of Trump's performance today?

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

Because you said so.

This is hilarious. The defense  of President dipshit  like a tsunami of stupid today.

These cuckservatives don’t understand.  We will hold them responsible for enabling this traitor.  History is not their strong suit.

I'm traveling on biz, and just found Fox on the TV.  There is some horseshit dance show on right now.  Is Hannity on later tonight?  Or any other good talking heads that have  not been canned yet for fucking around? I'm the mood for some comedy.

34 minutes ago, warbird said:

This is awesome! The entire world's jaws hit the floor with the galactic corn holing that Putin put on Trump, even devout GOP hacks are unhitching their wagons, and this is what you come up with? Thank you. Thank you so much.

Trump is two to three steps ahead of Putin because Vlad pushed him to the ground.  What a cuck.

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

I guess we know who did he pitching and who did the catching. 

10 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I guess we know who did he pitching and who did the catching. 

Remember when Obama bowed to a foreign leader?  Think if he nut nuzzled one like trump did.

It wasn't a summit, it was a crime scene.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

It wasn't a summit, it was a crime scene.

It was a rub and a tug.

Congress isn't amused. Last minute addition to Herr Fellatiofurher's schedule tomorrow.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

I have not seen Malarkey weigh in on this yet, the poor bastard. 

I picture him at a desk under a bare light bulb, furiously writing draft after draft of his post, a mass of discarded crumpled papers at his feet. 

When he finally decided he's  got it right, he will defend Trump, and it's gonna be good.  I'm talking Evel Kinevel at Ceasars Palace good. You'll read it and wince, knowing the usual suspects will pounce on him like hyenas and rip him to shreds.

I'm getting all giddy inside just thinking about it. 

It's nothing compared to what Hillary did. 

2 hours ago, warbird said:

\Tax collections not up? Unemployment of blacks NOT at record low levels?

Thanks Obama!

• Like 1

So you still haven't answered my question. What 'exactly' did Trump say?  Because I read the transcripts and he said and I quote

..............I have great confidence in my intelligence people ...........

Just now, Gone Drinking said:

So you still haven't answered my question. What 'exactly' did Trump say?  Because I read the transcripts and he said and I quote

Several of us answered your question with a direct quote.   Your quote is from after the debacle.  That is trump trying to do damage control.  You Trump 'tards really do live in an alternate reality. Two or three people here give you the quote where he throws our agencies under the bus and you just see the one where he tries to back peddle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clove Hitch said:

Several of us answered your question with a direct quote.   Your quote is from after the debacle.  That is trump trying to do damage control.  You Trump 'tards really do live in an alternate reality. Two or three people here give you the quote where he throws our agencies under the bus and you just see the one where he tries to back peddle.

This is from the transcripts of the briefing. Here since you obviously have not read it. https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629462401/transcript-president-trump-and-russian-president-putins-joint-press-conference

They posted on FaceBook, that is hardly "hacking an election".

Wow. You weren't invited to Helsinki, but you want show your submissiveness too! Your name doesn't really suit you, ya know? It's why I've taken to calling you "Chickenhawk". You are afraid to call our enemy what they are.

You. Are. Wrong. 

The entire national security apparatus of the United States has decided that Russia engaged in cyberwarfare against the United States during the 2016 election, along with other methods: think rubles, hacking, the GRU, the NRA, clandestine meetings and possibly dossier-worthy stuff. Your willful ignorance of this is no longer understandable.

At this point you are aiding and abetting enemies of the state. Thats treason, btw. 

3 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

This is from the transcripts of the briefing. Here since you obviously have not read it. https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629462401/transcript-president-trump-and-russian-president-putins-joint-press-conference

This is what he said during the televised Russian propaganda session.  What do you think of it?

"My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

5 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

I read it.  What do think of this part?

"My people came to me, Dan Coates, came to me and some others they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be. "

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

This is what he said during the televised Russian propaganda session.  What do you think of it?

"My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

"Who's Dan Coats? Never met the guy." Likely Trump quote...

2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Wow. You weren't invited to Helsinki, but you want show your submissiveness too! Your name doesn't really suit you, ya know? It's why I've taken to calling you "Chickenhawk". You are afraid to call our enemy what they are.

You. Are. Wrong. 

The entire national security apparatus of the United States has decided that Russia engaged in cyberwarfare against the United States during the 2016 election, along with other methods: think rubles, hacking, the GRU, the NRA, clandestine meetings and possibly dossier-worthy stuff. Your willful ignorance of this is no longer understandable.

At this point you are aiding and abetting enemies of the state. Thats treason, btw. 

The red hats don't have a problem with treason...hell they're trying to secede. They're perfectly happy with Trump fellating Putin, as long as the brown people are kept out and the black people kept down. That's all they care about...hell they're even willing to give up their farms for it...literally.

21 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Congress isn't amused. Last minute addition to Herr Fellatiofurher's schedule tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Are they setting up the guillotine for his arrival? :o

17 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

His very last statement was pretty good:

And I have to say if they had it, it would have been out long ago and if anybody watched Peter Strzok testify over the last couple of days and I was in Brussels watching it, it was a disgrace to the FBI, it was a disgrace to our country. And you would say that was a total witch hunt. Thank you very much everybody. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

You. Are. Wrong. 

The entire national security apparatus ?  So they made a decision from a report that came from the IT folks at the DNC that couldn't keep their own servers from supposedly being hacked. And they believed them  without  ever seeing or examining  the servers. 

3 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

His very last statement was pretty good:

And I have to say if they had it, it would have been out long ago and if anybody watched Peter Strzok testify over the last couple of days and I was in Brussels watching it, it was a disgrace to the FBI, it was a disgrace to our country. And you would say that was a total witch hunt. Thank you very much everybody. Thank you.

Did you watch him. If you think he was telling g the truth you are a fool. 

Strzok was a disgrace to the FBI and the country. 

1 minute ago, Gone Drinking said:

Did you watch him. If you think he was telling g the truth you are a fool. 

Yes! I watched Gropenfuhrer. No I do not believe he was telling g the truth 

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

Yes! I watched Gropenfuhrer. No I do not believe he was telling g the truth 

Strzok was a disgrace to the FBI and the country. 

2 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

If Strzok was a disgrace for a private text, what do you think of a traitors public twitter feed?

10 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Not as much disgrace as POTUS fellating Putin and selling out America. Treason. Collusion.

10 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

If Strzok was a disgrace for a private text, what do you think of a traitors public twitter feed?

Private texts???? They were on his work account. No privacy there. 

What the Constitutional Fathers feared...

27 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

You are a disgrace to the Country.

That there is some seriously delusional bullshit.

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

Let’s help you out a bit.

Suppose a guy is being investigated and you are an investigator. 

********£££

If you really like the guy, you might overlook some stuff to cover his ass. 

If I am a third party watching that investigation, I am gonna bitch like hell because I won’t believe the guy was thoroughly investigated 

If you hate the guy, you might uncover girls he insulted in high school, the neighbor lady whose window he broke, and a bunch of other allegations you wish to Hell you could support but can’t and are frustrated because you have to leave out them of your report.

As a third party watching I will have to admit, even the dedicated haters of Gone Drinking’s friend couldn’t lay anything on him. 

The REPUBLICAN head ofbtge investigation chose DEMOCRATS for his staff and has sent them out to “Bring in everything.”

if that team cant find anything, EVERYBODY will know they looked long and hard. 

Strzok is the ultimate assurance. The investigation is not a whitewash. 

9 hours ago, billy backstay said:
9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Gaytor, I can’t speak for Kelly, but I suspect Mattis considers it not only his duty but his imperative to save the DOD from this madman. He probably feels that is our best chance to stay away from going toe to toe with the rooskies in nookaler combat if there is at least one adult minding the store. If he resigned, things could get ugly if there was no one to put the brakes on the use of the military by this narcissist fuckwit child. 

Jeff, your previous post stated that you were please that Trump is "burning this bitch down!"  I am beginning to think you are as treasonous as Trump is??

Oh Fuk awf! 

"Burning this bitch down" is a metaphor for tearing apart the status quo political institutions and particularly the GOP.  It has nothing to do with literally burning anything down.  The only way this country is going to find its bearings again is for something really drastic to happen and for our dark overlords who really pull the strings to be exposed.  We have been doing the same old same old for so long now that no one really is paying attention to the decay of America.  Its like the frog in the boiling pot of water analogy.  

So while I think trump is literally the worst president in history, in so many ways he will be the best thing for America because he's taking a wrecking ball to everything and its causing the lazy and content to wake the fuck up to what's really broken in this country and in our society.  He's kinda like chemotherapy..... its going to suck for a while and make you sick and nauseous - but it may be the only way to kill the cancer finally before it gets you.  We have had a malignant cancer for a while, I'm hoping this is the final tough love aggressive treatment we need before its too late.

So yeah - burn this bitch down.  The more outrageous and blatant trump is, the more people are going to wake the fuck up to what's going on in a shorter period of time.  IN many ways, this actually IS the ultimate in Swamp draining, just not what we thought it was.  What you guys miss is the swamp itself is not the problem.  BY draining the water out of the swamp, he is exposing (inadvertently I'm sure) all the swamp creatures who could previously hide under the murky water and do their business unseen.  Now all the swamp creatures like the neo-nazis are out in the light where they can be stomped on.  Same with all the hypocritical political evangelicals, and on and on.  As I said its going to be painful for a while, but in the end this is the best thing that's happened to the US and we will come out of this at the other end stronger. 

I hope.  

8 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

Yeah on another forum I'm on this type of argument is called "accelerationism".  Basically it means that if you think in a two party system that even electing the side you consider to be better or closer to your beliefs/values results in incremental change that is too small, if there is a maniac in the race guaranteed to be a total disaster, better to pick that person because the country is in a state where the total disaster has to happen in order for people to be able to finally acknowledge openly that the policies that have have been supported by both sides are untenable and a whole new framework and possibly even new parties and alignments can arise with real progress and productive policies and politics.

It's the political version of the substance abuse recovery doctrine that the addict has to "hit bottom" before they can acknowledge their problem and rebuild themselves.

The problem with the argument is that it denies the possibility that a desirable outcome could have been achieved incrementally without the disaster in between, and discounts people who have a lot to lose, including maybe even their lives, from the consequences of the bad person coming to power.  What if that person succeeds in tearing down fair elections entirely and turns the U.S. into a Western version of Russia?  What about people who get financially ruined by medical bills when the ACA is torn down or defunded and they can't get covered again because of their preexisting conditions?  The person who loses their farm or industry job due to trade wars etc.

I feel like a lot of people on a board like this, dedicated to sailing and sail racing, are probably reasonably well off with a fair amount of assets and a lot probably retired or near retired, and feel somewhat insulated from some of the consequences of accelerationism gone bad.  Already Medicare age so health insurance coverage issues don't apply.  Enough assets probably no longer in equities that a stock market implosion can be survived.  Own their home outright etc.

Those are all fair points.  But yes to a degree, I do not see real change coming from this incrementalism.  In fact I've been watching the US get incrementally worse not better.  As our political institutions continue to decay and the people with honor are essentially barred from running for office - the chances of some white knight riding in one day and doing some real good is becoming more and more unlikely.  Obama, surprisingly, was probably the closest we've had to a do gooder white knight in a while.  And look where that got him.  Even with 8 years, he was fairly ineffectual at getting any real lasting reforms in place even though his heart was in the right place.  But I digress......

I do agree that in many ways we do need to hit rock bottom so we can really all finally recognize and acknowledge our problem and get on with fixing it.  I do however disagree that will lead to a complete breakdown in gov't and become an authoritarian state.  Despite our problems, I do still believe that our system of checks and balances will prevail and put the brakes on before we get anywhere near that point.   

6 hours ago, lasal said:

I think the deafening silence will just get louder. Trump consistently takes the right wing charade out into the light of day and there's really not much to say in its defence.

Which is exactly what I've been saying from the beginning is trumps greatest contribution to our society.  

4 hours ago, warbird said:

Dude, seriously.  Just.  stop.  talking.  You're embarrassing yourself.

1 hour ago, BrickTopHarry said:

zOjnCCD.jpg

Putin and a ditz.

Ok, that's the winner here!  :lol::lol:

24 minutes ago, RKoch said:

image.jpeg

HA!  :lol:

6 hours ago, warbird said:

So what do YOU think about the senior FBI actions?

You should have been a career politician with your skills at answering a direct question with another. 

Do you think Trump is correct in what he said? 

This is the greatest story ever told and I am fascinated by it.

I spent an hour or so watching the US media coverge this morning - as is now part of my morning routine as a retired old journo. As yet I see  no significant cracks in the Republican carapace.

. I hear blather from analysts and columnists and the talking classes.  I see outrage from the usual anti-trump GOPers  - those who have already thrown in the towell on politics and Trump and are leaving the stage anyway

As far as I can see the  base is strong - their faith in the fakeness of the media and their willingness to believe the last thing Trump said remains strong.

A decade or more ago I spent a few years working in the mid west, I heard some pretty insane, racist and extreme religionist talk from mid-western far righters and avid churchgoers..."america going to hell in a handbasket " was a classic phrase I heard again and again. Lots of them seemed willing to tear it all down just to spite the liberal minded coast dwellers who they felt had been running the show for far too long.

I was a guest and as a hack I was not covering politics at the time -  so I listened with interest and soon realised that any counter arguements would be useless. I  heard some pretty extreme talk - at the time I thought it was very very fringe.. I thought they would never get their way because of the voting  power of the slightly more liberal east and west coasters. Man was I ever wrong.

We now have the arguement - which could be summarised by

"so what if the Russians changed the election.... so what if Trump colluded....at least we got the liberal hands off the reins of power and here is a man who speaks the way I feel"

I don't think that tapes of bed wetting or agreeing deals with Russian hackers will do anything to mitigate their overhwlming hate of anyone who does not agree with the simple principles of the base  - which are more or less "we won - the liberals lost"

I am a bit of a history buff. I see echoes of England in the 1630s, The eastern United States in the 1850s and Germany in the 1930s. I am not saying civil strife in inevitable or even likely - but you guys are walking a very dangerous road when you decide that passion is more important than facts.

I am a long term fan of American energy, hospitality, drive, willingness to  achieve the seemingly impossible. As a Brit whose father was conscripted to fight in the African desert I have an  inherited gratitude for the way that the Americans came to Europe twice to expend their lives of the finest young men. to sve europe from tyranny.  I live in east anglia where there were scores of airfields built by the Americans.  Those fine young men from all over America flew out of east anglia to die in the skies of Germany,  I know the areas of Devon and Cornwall where other fine young Americans came to train for the Normany landings where so many of them died.

I am a great admirer of your country.

But blow me - something has gone wrong.

I think that Putin meddled, Trump conspired. That is almost certainly fact. More people voted against Trump than for him - but the base is deep and strong and united. The liberals are weak, disgorganised, under bad/week leadership. I see the Chuck and Nancy show standing at mahogany lecterns in Washington mumbling stuff  past their 80 year old false teeth - and I see Trump rallying the base with with power, wit, hate, lies and passion. Then I despair.

America really does seem to be heading to hell in a hand-basket.  I wish you well  - but I fear the worst. Maybe yesterday was a turning  point.. . maybe the mid teerms will be a turning point...maybe not.

You old liberal minded net jockies who expend so much energy pointlessly flaming the scores of right wing (or putin powered) sock puppets who infest every forum  should divert some of that energy and creativity to putting America back in a place where truth, honesty and decency are respected once more.

D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

This is the greatest story ever told and I am fascinated by it.

I spent an hour or so watching the US media coverge this morning - as is now part of my morning routine as a retired old journo. As yet I see  no significant cracks in the Republican carapace.

. I hear blather from analysts and columnists and the talking classes.  I see outrage from the usual anti-trump GOPers  - those who have already thrown in the towell on politics and Trump and are leaving the stage anyway

As far as I can see the  base is strong - their faith in the fakeness of the media and their willingness to believe the last thing Trump said remains strong.

A decade or more ago I spent a few years working in the mid west, I heard some pretty insane, racist and extreme religionist talk from mid-western far righters and avid churchgoers..."america going to hell in a handbasket " was a classic phrase I heard again and again. Lots of them seemed willing to tear it all down just to spite the liberal minded coast dwellers who they felt had been running the show for far too long.

I was a guest and as a hack I was not covering politics at the time -  so I listened with interest and soon realised that any counter arguements would be useless. I  heard some pretty extreme talk - at the time I thought it was very very fringe.. I thought they would never get their way because of the voting  power of the slightly more liberal east and west coasters. Man was I ever wrong.

We now have the arguement - which could be summarised by

"so what if the Russians changed the election.... so what if Trump colluded....at least we got the liberal hands off the reins of power and here is a man who speaks the way I feel"

I don't think that tapes of bed wetting or agreeing deals with Russian hackers will do anything to mitigate their overhwlming hate of anyone who does not agree with the simple principles of the base  - which are more or less "we won - the liberals lost"

I am a bit of a history buff. I see echoes of England in the 1630s, The eastern United States in the 1850s and Germany in the 1930s. I am not saying civil strife in inevitable or even likely - but you guys are walking a very dangerous road when you decide that passion is more important than facts.

I am a long term fan of American energy, hospitality, drive, willingness to  achieve the seemingly impossible. As a Brit whose father was conscripted to fight in the African desert I have an  inherited gratitude for the way that the Americans came to Europe twice to expend their lives of the finest young men. to sve europe from tyranny.  I live in east anglia where there were scores of airfields built by the Americans.  Those fine young men from all over America flew out of east anglia to die in the skies of Germany,  I know the areas of Devon and Cornwall where other fine young Americans came to train for the Normany landings where so many of them died.

I am a great admirer of your country.

But blow me - something has gone wrong.

I think that Putin meddled, Trump conspired. That is almost certainly fact. More people voted against Trump than for him - but the base is deep and strong and united. The liberals are weak, disgorganised, under bad/week leadership. I see the Chuck and Nancy show standing at mahogany lecterns in Washington mumbling stuff  past their 80 year old false teeth - and I see Trump rallying the base with with power, wit, hate, lies and passion. Then I despair.

America really does seem to be heading to hell in a hand-basket.  I wish you well  - but I fear the worst. Maybe yesterday was a turning  point.. . maybe the mid teerms will be a turning point...maybe not.

You old liberal minded net jockies who expend so much energy pointlessly flaming the scores of right wing (or putin powered) sock puppets who infest every forum  should divert some of that energy and creativity to putting America back in a place where truth, honesty and decency are respected once more.

D

Well said

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

So while I think trump is literally the worst president in history, in so many ways he will be the best thing for America because he's taking a wrecking ball to everything and its causing the lazy and content to wake the fuck up

Jeffy, you are s really stupid lying cunt.  You have just blown your cover mate.

We now know what you really are.  You are a right wing shill.

6 minutes ago, random said:

Jeffy, you are s really stupid lying cunt.  You have just blown your cover mate.

We now know what you really are.  You are a right wing shill.

JDS

4 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

JDS

Yep,

so we see Trump walking and frowning like he just took one up the arse in the back room and Putin smiling like he just gave him one and you find "nice things to say " about the traitor?

4KZGKh8.jpg

Have you no fucking shame?

I'm stoked though, this train wreck will be awesome to watch for a long time yet!!

• Downvote 1

@dylan winter - the only thing to add to your post above is that this not a US only phenomenon. This stuff is taking hold all over the globe. The UK, many other countries in Europe like Hungry, Italy, etc, Turkey, Russia, etc are all swinging or have swung towards a more nationalistic and populist identity. Trump is just another in a long line of recent leaders elected by the unhappy masses. That all tells me there is something going on globally and that not is all well and good with the (small L) liberal dream. 

The biggest issue I have with the TDS, not that he doesn’t totally deserve all the derision he gets - but that focusing on the symptom ignores the root causes of the disease. To completely ignore The WHY that people are voting these populist leaders into office or just attributing it to plain ignorance is missing the mark completely. And doing so essentially ensures that more of them will rise to power. Until we recognize there is some really deep dissatisfaction in the world with the current political, economic and social structures - we are doomed to more and likely worse “trumps”. 

Ignore that at your own peril. Just saying. 

• Like 2

Jeffytrump.jpg.597d8f9d17a6be49f5e463692a88825b.jpg

14 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

They hacked the american people, not the actual voting machines.   

I suppose if Obama had made a shit ton of public statements talking about how Russia is trying to help Trump by hacking the DNC  you would have been fine with that-- not seen him as trying taint the election. 

“The 80s called and they want their foreign policy back” this quote emboldened Putin and let him know the USA was no longer keeping our eyes on Russia. Major mistake as we can see today. 

I mean fucking seriously, what the fuck is going on here?

4KZGKh8.jpg

9922574-3x2-700x467.jpg

Trump is done. He is so paranoid and afraid that his election was aided that he will say anything. His fear isn’t that the Russians helped him. It’s that people will think he didn’t win it on his own. His ridiculous statements always seem in defense of his pride. The Republicans were never comfortable with him, but like all politicians they are enamoured with power, so they put up with him  

The absolute shit shoveling the left has done in the past 18 months about every tiny thing he does helps mask when he says or does something of consequence. If you wonder why so many of his supporters weren’t upset when they heard what he said? It’s because they don’t believe you (the left) when you say anything anymore. Oh he didn’t bow to the queen... You cried wolf over too much BS that when the wolf shows up they don’t  hear you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Trump is done. He is so paranoid and afraid that his election was aided that he will say anything. His fear isn’t that the Russians helped him. It’s that people will think he didn’t win it on his own. His ridiculous statements always seem in defense of his pride. The Republicans were never comfortable with him, but like all politicians they are enamoured with power, so they put up with him  

The absolute shit shoveling the left has done in the past 18 months about every tiny thing he does helps mask when he says or does something of consequence. If you wonder why so many of his supporters weren’t upset when they heard what he said? It’s because they don’t believe you (the left) when you say anything anymore. Oh he didn’t bow to the queen... You cried wolf over too much BS that when the wolf shows up they don’t  hear you. 

So, Trump is our fault? Got it. 

1 minute ago, Sean said:

So, Trump is our fault? Got it. 

Nope. But the left has conditioned his supporters to discount what you. 

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

Nope. But the left has conditioned his supporters to discount what you. 

Some think the meetings were terrific  

Lavrov - “Fabulous. Beyond super.”

18 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Ding!

27 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Chinabald, just another fucking shill

Looks like forum infiltration is way worse than any of us suspected.  Just like no one suspected that the entire USA could be hijacked by Putin.

9922574-3x2-700x467.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Or, some folks saw that President Trump was completely ill-suited for the job.  They saw right through the bullshit and could easily point out his multitude of lies.  Refusing to allow his behavior to become normalized, they offered up example after example of just how bad this guy is.  They hoped that others would eventually see how they had fallen hard for the snake-oil salesman's pitch and would realize they'd made a horrible mistake.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, random said:

Chinabald, just another fucking shill

Looks like forum infiltration is way worse than any of us suspected.  Just like no one suspected that the entire USA could be hijacked by Putin,

They are everywhere, dumdum! 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

Seriously? It's the left's fault for pointing out the bullshit?  Gee, I remember the good old days when Obama wore a brown suit, asked for spicy mustard, bowed, scraped, shredded the Constitution, led from behind, was weak yet a dictator, not an American.   His supporters don't believe the truth because they don't know, they have been fed pure bullshit for so long they think it's prime rib. Seriously.  Trump is done all right, some of us have been saying that since day 1 of the inauguration and you know what? His supporters will never accept it and blame the left for his downfall, just like you are doing now.  Sort of like we didn't lose Vietnam, we just weren't allowed to win it.

as Eva Dent.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Or, some folks saw that President Trump was completely ill-suited for the job.  They saw right through the bullshit and could easily point out his multitude of lies.  Refusing to allow his behavior to become normalized, they offered up example after example of just how bad this guy is.  They hoped that others would eventually see how they had fallen hard for the snake-oil salesman's pitch and would realize they'd made a horrible mistake.

Imagine that. Callling voters Nazis for 20 months didn’t convince them. Hmm of course that was after the same people were called racists because they didn’t agree with Obama’s policies. 8 years of racist, 20 months of Nazi and oddly enough that didn’t sway people to your side 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

@dylan winter - the only thing to add to your post above is that this not a US only phenomenon. This stuff is taking hold all over the globe. The UK, many other countries in Europe like Hungry, Italy, etc, Turkey, Russia, etc are all swinging or have swung towards a more nationalistic and populist identity. Trump is just another in a long line of recent leaders elected by the unhappy masses. That all tells me there is something going on globally and that not is all well and good with the (small L) liberal dream. 

The biggest issue I have with the TDS, not that he doesn’t totally deserve all the derision he gets - but that focusing on the symptom ignores the root causes of the disease. To completely ignore The WHY that people are voting these populist leaders into office or just attributing it to plain ignorance is missing the mark completely. And doing so essentially ensures that more of them will rise to power. Until we recognize there is some really deep dissatisfaction in the world with the current political, economic and social structures - we are doomed to more and likely worse “trumps”. 

Ignore that at your own peril. Just saying. 

The problem is the way the media has compartmentalized our streams of information and made our viewership/clicks commodities to be traded. 

CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, especially Rupert Murdoch do a disservice by stoking fears, anger & resentment. These passions always existed, but were tempered by reliable and more agnostic/less partisan streams of info that won or lost based on their reporting. 

As the major news networks focused on production values, better lighting, legs, breasts, sexy outfits and ratings became more important than accurate reporting. 

We need gerrymandering reform, campaign finance reform and an overhaul of how the FCC licenses and ranks news organizations. This needs to be a bipartisan effort or we are done & Russia wins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Imagine that. Callling voters Nazis for 20 months didn’t convince them. Hmm of course that was after the same people were called racists because they didn’t agree with Obama’s policies. 8 years of racist, 20 months of Nazi and oddly enough that didn’t sway people to your side 

How good the righties are at ignoring their mistakes and blaming the liberals. Look in the mirror and this time don’t ignore your warts. 

We all have elements of racism, class or educational or other resentments brewing within us. Acknowledge that before you blame someone else for the shitshow the GOP has and is inflicting on the world this century. Who needs terrorists? The GOP is doing a pretty good job of killing hundreds of thousands of innocents in Iraq, torturing prisoners, stripping their fellow citizens of healthcare and destroying our nation’s finances with unpaid & unnecessary war.

More recently the GOP is responsible for crushing international climate agreements despite obvious benefits to world pollution levels, fracturing alliances and now we’ve got Russia winning the optics for stable leadership and moral equivalence to America as described by our president. 

Obama was an amateur compared with this record of achievement by the GOP. . 

Climate. International relations. Worldwide trade. Healthcare. Morality. Ethics. All American goals, ideals and worthy achievements set afire by the GOP.

Russia is winning. America is in decline. And still  GOP stalwarts play the victim card. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

The problem is the way the media has compartmentalized our streams of information and made our viewership/clicks commodities to be traded. 

CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, especially Rupert Murdoch do a disservice by stoking fears, anger & resentment. These passions always existed, but were tempered by reliable and more agnostic/less partisan streams of info that won or lost based on their reporting. 

As the major news networks focused on production values, better lighting, legs, breasts, sexy outfits and ratings became more important than accurate reporting. 

We need gerrymandering reform, campaign finance reform and an overhaul of how the FCC licenses and ranks news organizations. This needs to be a bipartisan effort or we are done & Russia wins. 

he called the BBC fake news - that did it for me - having worked there for decades  I know that they take the truth really, really seriously.

I do find your media coverage astonishing - almost everyone looks wonderful -.no-one is ugly - everyone has great teeth that are as even as a piano keyboard - but so very much whiter. The experts and analysts can turn their hand to analysing anything at any time, The women look lovely -  they nearly all wear false eyelashes. They are so astonishingly good at their jobs. The old blokes all look trustworthy and even they are mostly lovely to look at too.

Look at how polished and nuanced this 4 mins of brilliant TV is

This is a golden age for news TV

Dylan

Another RINO speaks up -

4BA19AD6-221C-4CB9-A232-8E4A5FC6A01A.jpeg

14 hours ago, RKoch said:

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: 'I think Putin pays' Trump.

May 17, 2017 

KIEV, Ukraine — A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin. 

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia. 

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy. 

Before the conversation, McCarthy and Ryan had emerged from separate talks at the Capitol with Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladi­mir Groysman, who had described a Kremlin tactic of financing populist politicians to undercut Eastern European democratic institutions. 

News had just broken the day before in The Washington Post that Russian government hackers had penetrated the computer network of the Democratic National Committee, prompting McCarthy to shift the conversation from Russian meddling in Europe to events closer to home. 

Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy’s comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.” 

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.” 

The remarks remained secret for nearly a year.'>>> 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.9dca47c22c5b

...and why is Ryan quitting?

5 hours ago, random said:

JDS

FIFY

2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

How good the righties are at ignoring their mistakes and blaming the liberals. Look in the mirror and this time don’t ignore your warts. 

We all have elements of racism, class or educational or other resentments brewing within us. Acknowledge that before you blame someone else for the shitshow the GOP has and is inflicting on the world this century. Who needs terrorists? The GOP is doing a pretty good job of killing hundreds of thousands of innocents in Iraq, torturing prisoners, stripping their fellow citizens of healthcare and destroying our nation’s finances with unpaid & unnecessary war.

More recently the GOP is responsible for crushing international climate agreements despite obvious benefits to world pollution levels, fracturing alliances and now we’ve got Russia winning the optics for stable leadership and moral equivalence to America as described by our president. 

Obama was an amateur compared with this record of achievement by the GOP. . 

Climate. International relations. Worldwide trade. Healthcare. Morality. Ethics. All American goals, ideals and worthy achievements set afire by the GOP.

Russia is winning. America is in decline. And still  GOP stalwarts play the victim card. 

;)

And then the next ‘terrorist’ attack, and Trump declares martial law?  And the Republicans clap wildly, laughing and smacking each other on the back, manly handshakes all around....

;)

Think of the Ratings Fox would get with that, since it would be the only TV news left.  Think of the ratings Trump would get!

;)

There has to be a next step, the next act.