Visiting my parents this week, I walked by this spot on the way to see a concert my dad was playing in. Sobering.

Just a reminder to our Trumpster pals - you are literally supporting nazis and fascists. Your president is a garbage human being. There were NOT excellent people on both sides.

20180717_183424.jpg

20180717_183435.jpg

20180717_183441.jpg

• Like 4

There are gray areas in decent society. 

Supporting Nazis is not a gray area.

Supporting Nazis makes one a Nazi. Excusing them is worse than joining them. This makes one both complicit and indecent for not taking a stand against them.

• Like 1

I see Republicans/conservatives as fascists of which there are two kinds:

1. out fascists. SoCon, Tea Party, ... Out fascists support Trump.
  2. closet fascists who are in a coalition with out fascists because ... it's important. Closet fascists are concerned about Trump.

Out or closet, fact is that Republicans overwhelmingly approved of Cheeto's performance with Putin. That's fascism. That doesn't wash off.

We are free to believe that this is the century of authority, a century tending to the 'right', a Fascist century. -- Mussolini

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I see Republicans/conservatives as fascists of which there are two kinds:

1. out fascists. SoCon, Tea Party, ... Out fascists support Trump.
  2. closet fascists who are in a coalition with out fascists because ... it's important. Closet fascists are concerned about Trump.

Out or closet, fact is that Republicans overwhelmingly approved of Cheeto's performance with Putin. That's fascism. That doesn't wash off.

We are free to believe that this is the century of authority, a century tending to the 'right', a Fascist century. -- Mussolini

Conservatives are fascists?   That's nice. 

When I saw that Bob Dole supports Trump I questioned whether it was ever alive.

4 minutes ago, franz said:

no, Trumpkins are fascists. Conservatism is dead.

Yes. Conservatives like Susan Collins George Will (who practically invented it) and JEB Bush...now are pariahs. The mouth-breathing red hat ignoramouses are standing atop the wreckage of what was once a respectable political party. The new 'intellectual' leaders of the GOP are the Trumps, Palins, Bannons, Steven Millers etc....a merger of Nazis and Talibornagain. A triumph of hate-based ideology over competence, reason, and logic. The lunatics have taken over the asylum...if you support them, you are one of them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Conservatives are fascists?   That's nice. 

This is exactly my point. Very large swaths of what one would have though of as conservative America now are Trumpers. You would have though Trumpism and Conservatism as far apart as any two things could possibly be, but I turned out to be very wrong about that.

23 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Yes. Conservatives like Susan Collins George Will (who practically invented it) and JEB Bush...now are pariahs. The mouth-breathing red hat ignoramouses are standing atop the wreckage of what was once a respectable political party. The new 'intellectual' leaders of the GOP are the Trumps, Palins, Bannons, Steven Millers etc....a merger of Nazis and Talibornagain. A triumph of hate-based ideology over competence, reason, and logic. The lunatics have taken over the asylum...if you support them, you are one of them.

Don't forget Reagan - he would be liberal scum today. If he were alive, he would have gone from D to R to D without changing one position :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

When I saw that Bob Dole supports Trump I questioned whether it was ever alive.

That was one of the most disappointing things I have seen. 

That said, there are still plenty of conservatives around, they are just not welcome in GOP when it comes time to make decisions, or not as welcome as White Nationalists seem to be. 

15 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Don't forget Reagan - he would be liberal scum today. If he were alive, he would have gone from D to R to D without changing one position :rolleyes:

How could I forget Saint Ron? Mister States Rights?

Very willing to coalition with out fascists (up to a point, apropos David Duke) but that point was before Election Day.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22states%27_rights%22_speech

Closet fascist.

2 hours ago, franz said:

no, Trumpkins are fascists. Conservatism is dead.

Facists posing as Conservatives are Facists.

Conservatives who support Facists to get what they want are not Conservatives. Ask George Will.

Republicans have a culture of corruption.  They are beyond redemption.  The only good conservative is a gagged conservative.

3 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Republicans have a culture of corruption.  They are beyond redemption.  The only good conservative is a gagged conservative.

More liberal tolerance.

From Vocabulary.com:

"A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government - and no tolerance for opposing opinions".

ANTIFA ring a bell, no?

What conservative groups beat people in the streets of Berkley with chains with large locks on them because they oppose that person's opinion? 

Progressivism = Fascism

5 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

From Vocabulary.com:

"A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government - and no tolerance for opposing opinions".

ANTIFA ring a bell, no?

What conservative groups beat people in the streets of Berkley with chains with large locks on them because they oppose that person's opinion? 

Progressivism = Fascism

Ignorance can be cured, but there's no fix for stupid. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

More liberal tolerance.

Who said I'm tolerant?  I quit being tolerant when punched in the face.  When the right wing does things simply to offend.  The Republican party has become the party of corruption.  

Trump appointed the most corrupt swamp rat into the EPA just to tweek liberals.  That's tolerance?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Ignorance can be cured, but there's no fix for stupid. 

best you got huh... You're a bright boy aren't you.

17 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

ANTIFA ring a bell, no?

sweet fucking jesus a red hat just claimed ANTIFA are fascists. no wonder the onion's going under, the real world is too crazy.

35 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

More liberal tolerance.

yeah, he's real out of line there. the republican party of Trump hates corruption.

8 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Who said I'm tolerant?  I quit being tolerant when punched in the face.  

You were likely punched in the face because you are a cunt.  I can't say that I'm surprised you were punched.  I don't condone it, but I'm not surprised by it.  Loudmouthed cunts usually get their comeuppance eventually.  Look in the mirror for why you have a black eye.  Just saying.

4 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You were likely punched in the face because you are a cunt.  I can't say that I'm surprised you were punched.  I don't condone it, but I'm not surprised by it.  Loudmouthed cunts usually get their comeuppance eventually.  Look in the mirror for why you have a black eye.  Just saying.

You said I was anally raped by a cop with a night stick as a child too.  You don't surprise me anymore.

Who said I'm tolerant? Patriotic, yes. Tolerant, no. I really really don't like fascists and I extend that lack of tolerance to their fellow travelers.

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

sweet fucking jesus a red hat just claimed ANTIFA are fascists.

I'm curious.... why do antifuck wear masks and march with flags like this?  Looks kinda fascist to me?

black-bloc-644x277.jpg

If they are doing god's work by punching Nazis, why hide?  

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm curious.... why do antifuck wear masks and march with flags like this?  Looks kinda fascist to me?

black-bloc-644x277.jpg

You have no idea what a fascist is.  Doesn't surprise me though.

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Good question.

stickman-1.jpg

1 minute ago, Spatial Ed said:

You said I was anally raped by a cop with a night stick as a child too.  You don't surprise me anymore.

Where you?  I doubt it.  But you do have cop issues. 

I suspect the real story is you were pulled over on a routine traffic stop and you displayed your usual specious ed charm and respect and was mouthing off to the cop for writing you a ticket.  I'm betting you got in his face after losing your temper like a moody teen and he decided to "restrain" you for your own good.  Maybe a nightstick to your gut for "resisting arrest".  Can't says I blame him..... he probably thought you were a threat after you were spraying spittle ranting and raving.  I'm also betting you "slipped" getting into the back of the cruiser and banged your head on the roof.  Ouch.  Why you be so clumsy?

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

black-bloc-644x277.jpg

A couple of reasons.

Firstly, anonymity and a uniform of some kind aide in cohesion/formation of a mob and in getting people to commit violence- such as punching nazis.

Secondly, for reasons I don't understand, municipal authorities frown on violence against nazis, so anonymity mitigates the chance of legal difficulties for those punching nazis. 

1 minute ago, Clove Hitch said:

A couple of reasons.

Firstly, anonymity and a uniform of some kind aide aide in cohesion/formation of a mob and in getting people to commit violence- such as punching nazis.

Secondly, for reasons I don't understand, municipal authorities frown on violence against nazis, so anonymity mitigates the chance of legal difficulties for those punching nazis. 

Sounds pretty fascist like.  Isn't that what the Brown shirts did in 1938?

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I suspect the real story is you were pulled over on a routine traffic stop and you displayed your usual specious ed charm and respect and was mouthing off to the cop for writing you a ticket.  I'm betting you got in his face after losing your temper like a moody teen and he decided to "restrain" you for your own good.  Maybe a nightstick to your gut for "resisting arrest".  Can't says I blame him..... he probably thought you were a threat after you were spraying spittle ranting and raving.  I'm also betting you "slipped" getting into the back of the cruiser and banged your head on the roof.  Ouch.  Why you be so clumsy?

And that would be normal acceptable behavior by your book would it?

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

they weren't anonymous in 1938, dolt.

You are making a moral equivalency between Nazis and those fighting Nazis.

I don't know why you would  do that. One group are Nazis, the other are fighting Nazis.  

Here is a photo of a group of armed, uniformed guys going to fight a bunch of Nazis.  Do you care to spin your moral equivalency bullshit about them?

trrops_heading_to_normandy_beach-P.jpeg

• Like 5

You said, back in the day, that I was probably anally raped as a child by a cop with a night stick.  Such an assault has made my anti-cop.  That takes a special kind of imagination to come up with that.  A really special kind and not in a good way.

16 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

sweet fucking jesus a red hat just claimed ANTIFA are fascists. no wonder the onion's going under, the real world is too crazy.

Yea, the stupid burns deep in the redhats. ANTIFA = anti-fascists. They fight fascists, they aren't fascist followers. And they are against authoritarianism...ANTIFA's structure is decentralized to a fault. They are autonomous groups who operate without leaders, but by group acclimation and agreement.  The redhat morons simply regurgitate the bullshit they get from extreme RW sources...never apply any logic or reason. True believers. Morons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clove Hitch said:

You are making a moral equivalency between Nazis and those fighting Nazis.

I don't know why you would  do that. One group are Nazis, they other are fighting Nazis.  

Here is a photo of a group of armed, uniformed guys going to fight a bunch of Nazis.  Do you care to spin your moral equivalency bullshit about them?

trrops_heading_to_normandy_beach-P.jpeg

Jeff is desperately trying to avoid the fact that he and the other redhats are fucking Nazis.  

The greatest generation was great because they killed Nazis. I can't believe we have to do it again.

3 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Yea, the stupid burns deep in the redhats. ANTIFA = anti-fascists. They fight fascists, they aren't fascist followers. And they are against authoritarianism...ANTIFA's structure is decentralized to a fault. They are autonomous groups who operate without leaders, but by group acclimation and agreement.  The redhat morons simply regurgitate the bullshit they get from extreme RW sources...never apply any logic or reason. True believers. Morons.

OK, fair enough.  antifuk aren't fascists.  They just act in very fascist like behaviors.

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

OK, fair enough.  antifuk aren't fascists.  They just act in very fascist like behaviors.

Using violence against Nazis does not make one equivalent to Nazis.  

One group are Nazis. One group is fighting Nazis.   

Does using violence against ISIS make us as bad as them?  How do you not get this?

Indiana-Jones.jpg

image-20170123-8062-1nr3t6t.jpg?ixlib=rb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Absent fascists, they wouldn’t exist. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

False equivalence, more faulty redhat 'logic'.  Killing a terrorist doesn't make one a terrorist. 1 1/2 million US troops fighting in Europe in WW2 aren't the same as Nazis. You're stupidly grasping at straws.

• Like 1

There's a disturbing trend all over the world to ban protesters wearing masks.

Authorities assume one wears a mask to escape detection for wrong doing.

Many wear one for dramatic effect, in some countries..one wears one for protection.

49 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Happy Malarky must be punch drunk then

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Absent fascists, they wouldn’t exist. 

So you are saying because there are fascists, we have antifa.  And if we didn't have fascists, we wouldn't have antifa.  So antifa are fascists.

Brawndo has what plants crave.

• Like 1

That's not what Sol is saying (I don't think it is). I live in Oakland and went to UC Berkeley. In fact, absent fascists, antifa doesn't exist here. One is a reaction to the other but the fascists were the first movers.

BTW, we did have police provocateurs during the Occupy protests. I'm deeply skeptical about what antifa actually is. It only shows up when the fascists show up. They are way too organized to have no footprint. But with that said, I hate the fascists. Based Stickman is back in Santa Rita. He's a professional, getting sent around the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

Progressivism = Fascism

Brilliant. Truly brilliant.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No, you don't understand the meaning of the word.  Fascism is the forceful imposition of state corporatism, suppression of individual freedoms and imposition of conformist behavior.  The Brown shirts beat up gays, artists, intellectuals, business people who wouldn't pay protection, etc.  You get it....they were fascists.  

Marching for discrimination and intolerance is Fascist behavior.  Marching, even fighting, against those who are promoting discrimination and intolerance is anti-Fascist.  

Brown shirts, Black shirts, White robes, Red hats...there's a pattern.  And it involves fear, hatred and power.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

More liberal tolerance.

The right are responsible for that due to how they denounce the left, liberals, and any person not shouting down progressive policy. I'm sure you of all people will accept that as fact. ;)

• Like 1

Re ANTIFA:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-rise-of-the-violent-left/534192/

Antifa traces its roots to the 1920s and ’30s, when militant leftists battled fascists in the streets of Germany, Italy, and Spain. When fascism withered after World War II, antifa did too. But in the ’70s and ’80s, neo-Nazi skinheads began to infiltrate Britain’s punk scene. After the Berlin Wall fell, neo-Nazism also gained prominence in Germany. In response, a cadre of young leftists, including many anarchists and punk fans, revived the tradition of street-level antifascism.

In the late ’80s, left-wing punk fans in the United States began following suit, though they initially called their groups Anti-Racist Action, on the theory that Americans would be more familiar with fighting racism than fascism. According to Mark Bray, the author of the forthcoming Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, these activists toured with popular alternative bands in the ’90s, trying to ensure that neo-Nazis did not recruit their fans. In 2002, they disrupted a speech by the head of the World Church of the Creator, a white-supremacist group in Pennsylvania; 25 people were arrested in the resulting brawl.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Visiting my parents this week, I walked by this spot on the way to see a concert my dad was playing in. Sobering.

Just a reminder to our Trumpster pals - you are literally supporting nazis and fascists. Your president is a garbage human being. There were NOT excellent people on both sides.

20180717_183424.jpg

20180717_183435.jpg

20180717_183441.jpg

(Thread drift!)

Concert? Dad?

Voice?  Instrument?  Baton?

Good concert?

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

black-bloc-644x277.jpg

8ecause they are fighting cowardly, murderous fucks who will go after families. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amati said:

Thread drift!

Concert? Dad?

Voice?  Instrument?  Baton?

Trumpet. Ch'ville Municipal Band.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Re ANTIFA:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-rise-of-the-violent-left/534192/

Antifa traces its roots to the 1920s and ’30s, when militant leftists battled fascists in the streets of Germany, Italy, and Spain. When fascism withered after World War II, antifa did too. But in the ’70s and ’80s, neo-Nazi skinheads began to infiltrate Britain’s punk scene. After the Berlin Wall fell, neo-Nazism also gained prominence in Germany. In response, a cadre of young leftists, including many anarchists and punk fans, revived the tradition of street-level antifascism.

In the late ’80s, left-wing punk fans in the United States began following suit, though they initially called their groups Anti-Racist Action, on the theory that Americans would be more familiar with fighting racism than fascism. According to Mark Bray, the author of the forthcoming Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook, these activists toured with popular alternative bands in the ’90s, trying to ensure that neo-Nazis did not recruit their fans. In 2002, they disrupted a speech by the head of the World Church of the Creator, a white-supremacist group in Pennsylvania; 25 people were arrested in the resulting brawl.

Beautiful, man. To clarify a point, AntiFa isn't in cahoots with anarchists...in fact they're more than a bit leery of them. ANTIFA's mission is strictly to oppose fascism and combat it's spread.

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Trumpet. Ch'ville Municipal Band.

Excellent.  There’s beauty in the world.  Not just ugliness.

Thanks to you and your dad.....

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Excellent.  There’s beauty in the world.  Not just ugliness.

Thanks to you and your dad.....

If you guys keep this up you'll ruin PA.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Careful with that. To follow the thought to an extreme, are you a terrorist because you killed terrorists from thousands of feet above?

Are you an innocent because you also killed innocents from thousands of feet above?

And isn't dropping bombs on the enemy a form of terrorism in and of itself?

• Like 2

So many here have an unwavering belief in their side and anyone not agreeing is immediately placed in the box labelled assholes. This whole fascist claim is an example. If you do not support the fact that nothing Trump does has any redeeming feature you must be a fascist. 

This is just pathetic reasoning and shows the people doing this are little better than those they are name calling. Shouting down anyone that has a disagreement with you and refusing to consider their position is not the stand of a reasonable person. Just another blinkered dick that is part of the problem. 

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

So many here have an unwavering belief in their side and anyone not agreeing is immediately placed in the box labelled assholes. This whole fascist claim is an example. If you do not support the fact that nothing Trump does has any redeeming feature you must be a fascist. 

This is just pathetic reasoning and shows the people doing this are little better than those they are name calling. Shouting down anyone that has a disagreement with you and refusing to consider their position is not the stand of a reasonable person. Just another blinkered dick that is part of the problem. 

Hitler did great work with forest preservation.

"That Hitler guy has some issues, but look what he did for that park over there" was never really a good excuse for being a Nazi.

Sure Trump sold out the entire country to a foreign power for personal gain, but oh boy is that (struggling to think of something good here ....hostages back from North Korea??) great.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gissie said:

A great many people supported Hitler for reasons not related to killing Jews and taking over Europe. They joined the Nazi party because Hitler promised the return of German greatness, pride, economic prosperity, etc.

The Germans have a name for people that followed Hitler and supported him for these reasons.

That word is "Nazi."

The non-horrible really don't count when you choose to back a monster.

• Like 4

I note you say "your president" in the OP ... did you give up your citizenship as you indicated you would? 

... or was that more whiny bs bj?

Looks to me like we're all in this together.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

I note you say "your president" in the OP ... did you give up your citizenship as you indicated you would? 

... or was that more whiny bs bj?

Looks to me like we're all in this together.

THuEn3tNU0JcqZna3YvYIxor6MEKl6n_715lTyYA

20 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

There's a disturbing trend all over the world to ban protesters wearing masks.

Many wear one for dramatic effect, in some countries..one wears one for protection.

By dramatic effect do you mean intimidation?  Because that’s how it often appears.  I’m by no means defending fascists, but at some of the demonstrations in the UK it appears to be this. 

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Clever but correct. 

Thank God we're on top. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mad said:

By dramatic effect do you mean intimidation?  Because that’s how it often appears.  I’m by no means defending fascists, but at some of the demonstrations in the UK it appears to be this. 

Only cowards wear masks - they may have many "reasons" but it all comes down to cowardice.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

If you guys keep this up you'll ruin PA.

What’s so wrong 

with peace, love and

understanding?

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mad said:

All the world’s a stage?

21 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's his moderate middle of the road views that make him defend nazis.

I'm not defending Nazis in the slightest.  What I am also not defending is the apparent vigilantism you are espousing.  Like it or not, the US constitution says even Nazis have the right to to free speech.  You can boo them, you can shout them down, you can throw shit on them if you want.  But you do NOT have the right to punch them, kill them, attack them, etc unless in self-defense.  It is what our very country is based on.  Yes, we sent troops to Europe to kill Nazis because we were in a World War.  We did land on the Normandy beaches in 1944 because they were marching with tiki torches and saying mean things about blacks.  Sorry this whole "punching nazis" schtick is a massive false equivalence.  We are a nation of laws.  As much as I despise it - our 1st Amendment expressly allows Nazis to march as long as they are not causing violence.  I Despise the fact that the westboro baptist fucksticks protest at veterans funerals - but I'm not going to go around clubbing them in the head with a nightstick while wearing a mask.  

Antifuk is the embodiment of Anti-Constitutional actions.  I swore an oath to defend the constitution.  Antifuk are nothing but a bunch of anarchists in masks.  I guaran-FUCKING-tee you they are the same elk who riot, smash shop windows and burn cars during G8 summits and the like.  

Why do YOU not get this????  Why do you hate America so much?  I hate nazis and fascists and racists as much as you do.  But I also love the constitution and our laws even more.  So no, it is NOT OK to go punch nazis just for fun.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

They ARE attempting to escape detection for wrong doing.

16 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:
22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

black-bloc-644x277.jpg

8ecause they are fighting cowardly, murderous fucks who will go after families. 

Really?  Has that ever happened?

38 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Only cowards wear masks - they may have many "reasons" but it all comes down to cowardice.

Yep

40 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm not defending Nazis in the slightest.  What I am also not defending is the apparent vigilantism you are espousing.  Like it or not, the US constitution says even Nazis have the right to to free speech.  You can boo them, you can shout them down, you can throw shit on them if you want.  But you do NOT have the right to punch them, kill them, attack them, etc unless in self-defense.  It is what our very country is based on.  Yes, we sent troops to Europe to kill Nazis because we were in a World War.  We did land on the Normandy beaches in 1944 because they were marching with tiki torches and saying mean things about blacks.  Sorry this whole "punching nazis" schtick is a massive false equivalence.  We are a nation of laws.  As much as I despise it - our 1st Amendment expressly allows Nazis to march as long as they are not causing violence.  I Despise the fact that the westboro baptist fucksticks protest at veterans funerals - but I'm not going to go around clubbing them in the head with a nightstick while wearing a mask.  

Antifuk is the embodiment of Anti-Constitutional actions.  I swore an oath to defend the constitution.  Antifuk are nothing but a bunch of anarchists in masks.  I guaran-FUCKING-tee you they are the same elk who riot, smash shop windows and burn cars during G8 summits and the like.  

Why do YOU not get this????  Why do you hate America so much?  I hate nazis and fascists and racists as much as you do.  But I also love the constitution and our laws even more.  So no, it is NOT OK to go punch nazis just for fun.  

Free speech also includes the right to oppose offensive speech...did you forget that? 

44 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Uh, uh, 1931-1945?

and, please, come to Beautiful Northern Idaho for a month or two with a bumper sticker and t shirt that say ‘Black Lives Matter’!  Your family will thank you!

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I get the theory. The ACLU famously won the right for Nazis to march through Jewish neighborhoods.

That said, the original ANTIFA was born when communists and fascists had street fights in countries with weak or complicit governments that were not about to take on the fascists.

The 1980s version was Nazi punks fighting non-Nazi punks. No one in that culture wanted police involved and the cops would have done what exactly anyway :rolleyes:

The current version is almost a fight club that couldn't exist without Nazis willing to fight them. It does help ANTIFA's cause that the government once again looks to be indifferent or complicit with the Nazis. Also note ANTIFA is not exactly organized, the group in town A may be totally unlike the group in town B. Charlottesville ANTIFA is famous for helping people, Berkley and Portland ANTIFA more for being anarchist rioters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I'm not defending Nazis in the slightest.  What I am also not defending is the apparent vigilantism you are espousing.  Like it or not, the US constitution says even Nazis have the right to to free speech.

No, the US Constitution does not allow advocating replacement of the US Gov't with a militaristic dictatorship

There's not much grey area. You say you hate Nazis, great. But obviously you hate people who beat up Nazis more

-DSK

5 hours ago, mad said:

no, it's all part of the theatre of attending a lefty demonstration.

I remember the rumours that ASIO were photographing demonstrators back in the late 70's..to keep a file on "agitators " and students.

All pretty silly one would think ..but..the gov  did stitch up Tim anderson for the Hilton bombing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Hilton_Hotel_bombing

Today ..well..our governments just wouldn't do that...would they?

I'm sure some demonstrators do wear masks to intimidate but not all...most of our demonstrations are 99.99% peaceful and melbourne is prolly the protest capital of the world per capita..the fascists in smaller towns DO give masks a bad name.

We now have laws about wearing Masks at Demo's..I tend to suspect to motive for those laws..given the peaceful nature of our city.

And yes, someone is now scurrying off to find "evidence" (photo) to refute my claim :) 

On 7/21/2018 at 6:27 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

Not this guy.

Related image

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And yes, someone is now scurrying off to find "evidence" (photo) to refute my claim :) 

Image result for kiss band

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, the US Constitution does not allow advocating replacement of the US Gov't with a militaristic dictatorship

There's not much grey area. You say you hate Nazis, great. But obviously you hate people who beat up Nazis more

-DSK

Good observation.

When you think about it. 

Almost every seriously right of centre person I know would choose to ignore or trivialize the extreme rights antics and focus their vocal disapproval and ire on the antics of the extreme left.

I'll simply posit that this is because they think the left represent everything they despise and the extreme right are too clownish to be taken seriously.

Sad and scary..because that's what the "normal" conservative German thought in the 1930's 

Another explanation of course is that they secretly yearn for a "well controlled" totalitarian state, controlled by them of course.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

There was a war.

Did you miss the memo?

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Because they have lives outside of fighting super villains which would be disturbed if their IDs were known.... Can you imagine Matt Murphy trying to defend clients in court if every time he said something the prosecution jumped up and said" OBJECTION YOUR HONOR! This man is a super hero! and has information that we have not been made aware of, and it was probably obtained illegally while he was swinging around the city listening in on privileged conversations using his super sensitive hearing! The man is a DAREDEVIL! Your honor! His reckless disregard for juris prudence should have him disbarred!"

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Because they have lives outside of fighting super villains which would be disturbed if their IDs were known.... Can you imagine Matt Murphy trying to defend clients in court if every time he said something the prosecution jumped up and said" OBJECTION YOUR HONOR! This man is a super hero! and has information that we have not been made aware of, and it was probably obtained illegally while he was swinging around the city listening in on privileged conversations using his super sensitive hearing! The man is a DAREDEVIL! Your honor! His reckless disregard for juris prudence should have him disbarred!"

:D

10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I don't consider protecting one's family as being cowardice. I personally have no problems with anyone who has an issue with me personally taking me on personally... But I remain anonymous here because, even without being explicit about who I am, there is scum that will attack my family and/or put their details in the public domain so others can do so. 

You and I are likely willing to put our physical safety / lives on the line for things we wouldn't want our families to. Including the cause of protecting the physical safety / lives of that family. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yes. Fascists have been known to go after the families of those that oppose them. That you don't know that makes me. Very worried for the state of US education. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

A great many people supported Hitler for reasons not related to killing Jews and taking over Europe. They joined the Nazi party because Hitler promised the return of German greatness, pride, economic prosperity, etc.

The Germans have a name for people that followed Hitler and supported him for these reasons.

That word is "Nazi."

The non-horrible really don't count when you choose to back a monster.

You have sort of proved my point. You and you elk have decided that Trump is a modern equivalent of Hitler. Therefore anyone that does not stand against everything he does is, by default, a Nazi.  Note that this is a personal opinion not shared by all  

The thought you may be wrong or over reacting will never enter your blinkered mind. Trump and all who give him any support must be shouted down, stopped from debate and even physically attacked. What you seem to not be able to see is this is the very behaviour you rail about. In your mind it is justified I guess. I mine you are worse than those you vilify. Unfortunately you would never be prepared to discuss our differences. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:
15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Yep

It would seem less hypocritical if you guys signed your real first and last names and put your home town when decrying the anonymity you enjoy.

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

You have sort of proved my point. You and you elk have decided that Trump is a modern equivalent of Hitler. Therefore anyone that does not stand against everything he does is, by default, a Nazi.  Note that this is a personal opinion not shared by all  

The thought you may be wrong or over reacting will never enter your blinkered mind. Trump and all who give him any support must be shouted down, stopped from debate and even physically attacked. What you seem to not be able to see is this is the very behaviour you rail about. In your mind it is justified I guess. I mine you are worse than those you vilify. Unfortunately you would never be prepared to discuss our differences. 

BJ has elk? Are they pets, or raised for food? I think discussing differences is difficult when one side is illiterate, and takes an ideological position  based on faith, rather than facts. 

14 hours ago, RKoch said:

Free speech also includes the right to oppose offensive speech...did you forget that? 

No, I have not forgotten that.  But that right to oppose ends at violence towards someone else.  As I said, you can scream them down all you want and block them from marching or whatever.  But your right to swing your fist ends at my nose.