Sign in to follow this  
Mid

Home Depot

Black Home Depot Employee Fired Because He Retorted to a Customer's Racist Rant 

Rucker said the incident all started last Thursday when a customer approached checkout with an unleashed dog.

“I said to him, ‘Sir, when you have your dog in here we prefer that you keep it on a leash.’” He turned around and said, ‘Fuck you. You’re an asshole you’re a piece of shit,’” Rucker recalled.

The customer didn’t stop there, adding, “If Trump wasn’t president, you wouldn’t even have a job” and “You’re from the ghetto, what do you know?’” according to Rucker.

“I’ve lived all over the country and I’ve had no one talk to me the way that this guy talked to me,” Rucker said.

The barrage of insults continued until the 60-year-old couldn’t take it anymore.

“’You’re lucky I’m at work, because if I wasn’t, this wouldn’t be happening, or you wouldn’t be talking to me like this,’” Rucker recalled snapping back.

Then, get this, the man left, but then returned because he forgot his dog. He then verbally attacked Rucker again, before leaving for the final time.

Rucker thought the situation was all said and done, but when he went to work on Tuesday he was told he was being fired, something he feels is drastic, considering he’s been working with Home Depot for 10 years and was just recently named “Cashier of the Month.”

https://www.theroot.com/black-home-depot-employee-fired-because-he-retorted-to-1827749553

There's an update; HD reversed course & offered him his job back. 

Thanks, twitter... 

• Like 2

Good he's got his job back.

WTF is with these racist pieces of shit ranting in public though? I was at a home improvement store yesterday and someone did something similar.

37 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

WTF is with these racist pieces of shit ranting in public though? I was at a home improvement store yesterday and someone did something similar.

The President doesn’t count...

Off subject a bit, but I like that dogs are allowed in Home Depot. They don't sell any open food in the store, and all the Home Depots in my area welcome dogs. There are dogs everywhere in mine.

The customer should have had it on a leash.

7 minutes ago, mikewof said:

The customer should have had it on a leash.

that be the crux of the matter , rest is surplus .

would of helped him remember to take the animal when he left the store also ...........................

9 hours ago, See Level said:

Maybe the dog intentionally tried to stay behind.

Maybe, he only gets laughed at when he turns up here.

14 hours ago, Raz'r said:

The President doesn’t count...

Ivanka is a Nazi. 

1 minute ago, Mickey Rat said:

Ivanka is a Nazi. 

She does have that certain slutty Nazi nurse pout down.....

image.png.67ce7e9d6ff1e9bd5c3265f74798417e.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

She does have that certain slutty Nazi nurse pout down.....

image.png.67ce7e9d6ff1e9bd5c3265f74798417e.png

Plastic surgery can do that for you...

22 hours ago, frenchie said:

There's an update; HD reversed course & offered him his job back. 

Thanks, twitter... 

Still a dangerous company though. I was in the local one the other day and there were Tiki torch displays at BOTH ends of an aisle in the garden section.

And they were openly selling assault fertilizer too, right in the same section. They KNOW their customers have diesel fuel.

It's like they want mass murder or something! They should probably be sued.

I’m not a fan of dogs in Home Depot... the lipstick lesbians, milfs, and hot single women are fine though   

seriously though I had a dog owner scream at me as my loaded lumber cart nearly ran over her small terrier mix.  The dog was on a leash,  one of those retractable ones but the dog was at the end about 20 feet away from its owner I ran over the leash and then the dog got spooked.   I felt bad for the dog as I never saw it. But the owner did not seem to understand her personal responsibility to keep the dog close to her and not across the aisle.  

I love dogs,  and I know dogs love riding in cars, but when you gotta run errands. Leave Fido at home.   A home improvement warehouse which often has sharp stuff on the ground, unskilled forklift operators, and Can be a pretty dangerous place.

glad hd hired rucker back.  If I was Rucker I’d start looking for a job elsewhere though.  Since loyalty seems not to matter to hd....he should have no problem finding someone to appreciate him.

6 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

the lipstick lesbians,

Que?

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Que?

The cute one in a butch gal-cutie pair. Example: Portia to Ellen...

On 7/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Did you intervene?