Sign in to follow this  
Guitar

Sail Track

sailtrack_end03.jpg

Anyone know where I can get some of this sail track in SF Bay area. Boat is a Blue Jay.

4 hours ago, kprice said:

Are you looking for curtain track, or is this for a sail's luff groove?  The "Flex-a Rail" only seems to come in 44" sections, which would be  too short, even for a Blue Jay.  This might be better: https://www.westmarine.com/buy/schaefer--sail-track-7-8-w-x-12-l-8-fasteners--P002_062_002_510?pCode=184038&mrkgcl=481&mrkgadid=3252486991&cm_mmc=PS-_-Google-_-GSC%20-%20West%20Marine%20Branded-_-184038&product_id=184038&adpos=1o2&creative=231267080879&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjw4uXaBRAcEiwAuAUz8NXqyqQpXbDRBufL-PAZ-PpzWNMvEYjQs2qAUH8-rpxQ7pf-WsFH9BoCMFYQAvD_BwE

It comes in 12' lengths and is ready to be screwed on. The plastic "Flex-a-Rail" might crack if it were screwed in. The screw heads might also interfere with the luff/foot tape slipping by them, along with the joints, so it might need to be glued - and not hold well. 

WCS is the place. 29er upper sail track, use plexus adhesive.

Yeah, not liking the profile of the 29er track vs the one from the OP. Contacted c-tech in NZ to see if they have a west coast distributor. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Wetas use the c-tech track. The track offered by sailrite is entirely compatible, and it's what I use because c-tech is hard to source. Use g-flex. The weta wiki has a very detailed how-to. This is a frequent repair on Wetas.

Both tracks are prone to breaking in strong wind conditions, specially on hoists/drops when the boat is not well aligned to the wind.

I'd advise get a bit more than what you need, stock up :-)

• Like 1