6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Those guys will get all the companionship they want. This chick is showing up. 

B088B1AE-C34E-4373-A7E6-5FDD0780B197.jpeg

Is that Happy Jack?

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Is that Happy Jack?

I believe his message is the same, but it is written on his back.  (NTTAWWT)

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I believe his message is the same, but it is written on his back.  (NTTAWWT)

Nah. I think that’s Happy Jack, in the photo. I figured he’d have saggy boobs. 

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Nah. I think that’s Happy Jack, in the photo. I figured he’d have saggy boobs. 

possible.  thats one swell looker.

10 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I hadn't read about that - where?  What media outlet printed the story? 

Now in NYT.

Man Hit With Bicycle Lock Says He Fears Similar Attacks During 'Unite the Right' Rally

Source: New York Times

Man Hit With Bicycle Lock Says He Fears Similar Attacks During ‘Unite the Right’ Rally 

09xp-attack-jumbo.jpg

Ketchazo Paho, 34, took a picture of himself after he was treated. Mr. Paho said he was assaulted with a bicycle lock Monday morning by a bicyclist who yelled racial slurs at him repeatedly. 

By Melissa Gomez 
Aug. 8, 2018 

A Maryland man who was assaulted by a bicyclist who yelled racial slurs at him early Monday morning in Washington said he feared that the attack was just the beginning of what could happen to other people of color as organizers prepare to hold a “Unite the Right” rally in the city this weekend. 

Ketchazo Paho, 34, said he was driving through Georgetown on his way home when he was assaulted by a bicyclist who struck him in the head with a metal bicycle lock. 

The Metropolitan Police Department arrested a white suspect, Maxim Smith, and charged him with one count of assault with a dangerous weapon. The police said they were investigating to determine if the crime was motivated by hate or bias. 

Mr. Smith, 24, was being held in jail pending a preliminary hearing scheduled for Thursday morning. It was unclear who would be representing him.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/08/us/racist-bike-lock-attack-ketchazo-paho-.html 

43 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Now in NYT.

Man Hit With Bicycle Lock Says He Fears Similar Attacks During 'Unite the Right' Rally

Man Hit With Bicycle Lock Says He Fears Similar Attacks During ‘Unite the Right’ Rally 

09xp-attack-jumbo.jpg

Ketchazo Paho, 34, took a picture of himself after he was treated. Mr. Paho said he was assaulted with a bicycle lock Monday morning by a bicyclist who yelled racial slurs at him repeatedly. 

By Melissa Gomez 
Aug. 8, 2018 

A Maryland man who was assaulted by a bicyclist who yelled racial slurs at him early Monday morning in Washington said he feared that the attack was just the beginning of what could happen to other people of color as organizers prepare to hold a “Unite the Right” rally in the city this weekend. 

Ketchazo Paho, 34, said he was driving through Georgetown on his way home when he was assaulted by a bicyclist who struck him in the head with a metal bicycle lock. 

The Metropolitan Police Department arrested a white suspect, Maxim Smith, and charged him with one count of assault with a dangerous weapon. The police said they were investigating to determine if the crime was motivated by hate or bias. 

Mr. Smith, 24, was being held in jail pending a preliminary hearing scheduled for Thursday morning. It was unclear who would be representing him.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/08/us/racist-bike-lock-attack-ketchazo-paho-.html 

He's damn lucky it didn't happen in Charlottesville, where he probably would have been charged with malicious damage to a bicycle lock. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/us/deandre-harris-charlottesville.html

3 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:
20 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Helpful link added.

Helpful in addressing the issue of conspiracy, where exactly?

If all Nazis did was shout hateful slogans and make torchlight marches, I'd agree that as much as I despise them, they have a right to say stuff.

But "what Nazis do" goes far beyond speech, and the fact that you're bedding down with them in supporting the violent overthrow of the US gov't ought to make you stop and think.

-DSK

12 hours ago, RKoch said:

Now in NYT.

<SNIP>

Thanks - that's terrible, inexcusable and I'm glad the cops caught the assailant.  I hope they check known associates and subject them to appropriate scrutiny as well.  I also hope that the assailant's notoriety get him the appropriate "attention" while he's locked up, it sounds like he needs a good ass whippin'. 

Appreciate you sharing the NYT link.  

2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Thanks - that's terrible, inexcusable and I'm glad the cops caught the assailant.  I hope they check known associates and subject them to appropriate scrutiny as well.  I also hope that the assailant's notoriety get him the appropriate "attention" while he's locked up, it sounds like he needs a good ass whippin'. 

Appreciate you sharing the NYT link.  

A lot of news items appear online or on FB a day or two before appearing in MSM. 

11 hours ago, Mark K said:

He's damn lucky it didn't happen in Charlottesville, where he probably would have been charged with malicious damage to a bicycle lock. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/us/deandre-harris-charlottesville.html

What point are you trying to make, Mark?  Excerpted from the article above: 
"Moments before the attack, Mr. Harris had intervened in a scuffle after a friend tried to yank a Confederate flag away from a marcher, Harold Crews. A complaint by Mr. Crews, a state chairman of the neo-Confederate group League of the South, eventually led the Charlottesville Police Department to issue a warrant for Mr. Harris’s arrest, on a felony charge of malicious wounding. The charge was later amended to misdemeanor assault.
In Charlottesville General District Court on Friday, Judge Robert Downer said it was clear that Mr. Harris did not intend to harm Mr. Crews. Applause broke out when the verdict was announced, according to reports by 
Charlottesville’s The Daily Progress and C-VILLE Weekly."

Sounds to me like Mr Harris's friend started it - and Mr Harris tried to intervene.  I suspect Crews took a punch or two in the scuffle, and that that was the basis for the charge, and I suspect that seeing Mr Harris and his friend Scuffling w/Crews is what prompted the attack on Mr Harris.   It doesn't justify it, and every person who took part in that should be charged with aggravated assault - w/the weapons and numbers they had, it looks like it would warrant felony charges. 

What part of this do you think was improperly charged?  

• Downvote 1

This whole debate has a huge disconnect.

Are all Al-Qaeda members responsible for what the group as a whole does? We have decided that they are and kill them all over the world.

Was the entire Japanese Navy held responsible for Pearl Harbor or just the actual pilots on the raid? We decided the whole navy and killed them all over the Pacific.

All all Nazis responsible for what some of them do? If not, attacking one that is not actually committing a crime right in front of you is highly illegal. They are collectively the most dangerous terrorists in the USA every year except for 2001, so if they get a pass as not being a group like AQ then they so seem rather well treated by the government.

2 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Was the entire Japanese Navy held responsible for Pearl Harbor or just the actual pilots on the raid? We decided the whole navy and killed them all over the Pacific.

Isn't that the point when you're at war with another country?  The above line doesn't fit with the other two.  

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Are all Al-Qaeda members responsible for what the group as a whole does? We have decided that they are and kill them all over the world.

All all Nazis responsible for what some of them do? If not, attacking one that is not actually committing a crime right in front of you is highly illegal. They are collectively the most dangerous terrorists in the USA every year except for 2001, so if they get a pass as not being a group like AQ then they so seem rather well treated by the government.

I think that really depends on where you draw the line, and to the same degree, where group your identifying puts themselves.

If "The American Nazi Party" (or whatever) wants to be like a regular US political party...... advocate for various policies and organize/fund various activites...... it -very much- depends on what those activities are. Are the RaHoWa terrorist-wanna-bees who wear Nazi symbols and scream for genocide in the US included? If yes, then that's what they're asking for: to be considered enemies of the US and all her (non-Nazi) citizens.

Just calling yourself a Nazi doesn't automatically do it. Attempting to murder a counter-protestor for trying to steal your Confederate (hah!) flag will do it for an individual...... does the group in question support this kind of action? Especially on the basis of race?

-DSK

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

"Moments before the attack, Mr. Harris had intervened in a scuffle after a friend tried to yank a Confederate flag away from a marcher, Harold Crews. A complaint by Mr. Crews, a state chairman of the neo-Confederate group League of the South, eventually led the Charlottesville Police Department to issue a warrant for Mr. Harris’s arrest, on a felony charge of malicious wounding. The charge was later amended to misdemeanor assault.
In Charlottesville General District Court on Friday, Judge Robert Downer said it was clear that Mr. Harris did not intend to harm Mr. Crews. Applause broke out when the verdict was announced, according to reports by 

Sounds to me like Mr Harris's friend started it - and Mr Harris tried to intervene.  I suspect Crews took a punch or two in the scuffle, and that that was the basis for the charge, and I suspect that seeing Mr Harris and his friend Scuffling w/Crews is what prompted the attack on Mr Harris.   It doesn't justify it, and every person who took part in that should be charged with aggravated assault - w/the weapons and numbers they had, it looks like it would warrant felony charges. 

All incorrect. A Nazi was using a flag pole as a spear against a counter-protestor. Harris intervened. Approx 6 Nazis chased Harris into the parking garage and beat him. After charges were filed against the Nazis that were identified, one of them filed charge extrajudicially with a local magistrate. No evidence, just his word. Harris turned himself in to police, and was later acquitted  due to no evidence whatsoever. It was only based on a story by a Nazi. 

(Note on link)...since the story, 2 of Harris's attackers were convicted and are in jail. 2 others haven't been to trial yet. The last 2 haven't been identified.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/16/594339521/black-man-beaten-at-charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally-is-acquitted-of-assa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

A slight correction, the US Is Now Allied With al-Qaeda in Yemen. It is paying off and recruiting al-Qaeda commanders and members using them to fight the Iran-linked Houthis. The same shit that happened in Afghanistan is repeating here they will get rid of the Houthis and be stuck with entrenched terrorist groups.

"....the larger mission is to win the civil war against the Houthis, Iranian-backed Shiite rebels. And in that fight, al-Qaida militants are effectively on the same side as the Saudi-led coalition — and, by extension, the United States.

“Elements of the U.S. military are clearly aware that much of what the U.S. is doing in Yemen is aiding AQAP and there is much angst about that,” said Michael Horton, a fellow at the Jamestown Foundation, a U.S. analysis group that tracks terrorism.

https://apnews.com/f38788a561d74ca78c77cb43612d50da/Yemen:-US-allies-don't-defeat-al-Qaida-but-pay-it-to-go-away

11 minutes ago, RKoch said:
2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

All incorrect. A Nazi was using a flag pole as a spear against a counter-protestor. Harris intervened. Approx 6 Nazis chased Harris into the parking garage and beat him. After charges were filed against the Nazis that were identified, one of them filed charge extrajudicially with a local magistrate. No evidence, just his word. Harris turned himself in to police, and was later acquitted  due to no evidence whatsoever. It was only based on a story by a Nazi. 

(Note on link)...since the story, 2 of Harris's attackers were convicted and are in jail. 2 others haven't been to trial yet. The last 2 haven't been identified.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/16/594339521/black-man-beaten-at-charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally-is-acquitted-of-assa

Well, when you're trying to decide if Nazis are exercising their rights to free speech, it doesn't really matter. A_Guy's quoted version of the story still leaves the Nazis guilty of attempted murder.

Considering that the various organizations of Nazis & KKK'ers, in the aftermath of this, are uniformly pardon the pun) calling for more of the same, warning that they will use extreme violence to "defend their rights," and putting out more lies about their part in these actions, and organizing more, I'd say that it's pretty clear they are outside the line of "free speech" and well into "conspiracy."

-DSK

30 minutes ago, RKoch said:

What's incorrect?  I quoted directly from the article - your response still doesn't help me understand what Mark's point was w/r/t inappropriate charges?  It seems to me that aside from the attack on Mr Harris, and the possibility that Mr. Harris's friend should have been charged for simple assault for trying to take the flag, I didn't see anything inappropriate - the frivolous charges Crews levied were dismissed, and Harris's attackers have been charged.  Not arguing, trying to understand the point, and I'm obviously not getting it.   

All Harris did was to intervene, and got severely attacked for his troubles.  

20 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What's incorrect?  I quoted directly from the article - your response still doesn't help me understand what Mark's point was w/r/t inappropriate charges?  It seems to me that aside from the attack on Mr Harris, and the possibility that Mr. Harris's friend should have been charged for simple assault for trying to take the flag, I didn't see anything inappropriate - the frivolous charges Crews levied were dismissed, and Harris's attackers have been charged.  Not arguing, trying to understand the point, and I'm obviously not getting it.   

All Harris did was to intervene, and got severely attacked for his troubles.  

Background - the governor ordered the rally to end. As the cops evicted everyone from the park, the two groups came into contact in the streets.

Words were exchanged (naturally) and Crews (head of white nationalist group League of the South) attacked a counter protestor with the flag pole he was carrying. Harris intervened, was chased by 6 Nazis and beaten. Neither Harris or the person he was defending initiated the physical attack. Crews was later involved in a skirmish with 6 white counter-protestors, in which he was struck with a blunt object. Harris was already in hospital at the time. After 4 of Harris's attackers were charged, Crews tried to file charges against Harris with police. This was 2 months after the white riot. The police refused. Crews then went to a local magistrate to press charges, which the magistrate did based solely on Crews oral account. No evidence. A judge reduced the charges to misdemeanors, and Harris was subsequently acquitted. 

Harris never attacked anyone. The charges filed against him by the white supremacist leader were just bullshit he was flinging. The article was incorrect.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Background - the governor ordered the rally to end. As the cops evicted everyone from the park, the two groups came into contact in the streets.

<snipped for brevity>

Harris never attacked anyone. The charges filed against him by the white supremacist leader were just bullshit he was flinging. The article was incorrect.

Thanks - My question/confusion was based upon the article Mark cited, and I didn't understand what he found inappropriate.  I agree that the charges Crews leveled were frivolous - and the courts apparently agreed.  

9 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I imagine anybody who skips over the first three paragraphs of the article could be just as confused as you are as to the point.  

Do Nazis have a right to assemble?

yes

should anyone defend them or rationalize their presence.

no

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Thanks - My question/confusion was based upon the article Mark cited, and I didn't understand what he found inappropriate.  I agree that the charges Crews leveled were frivolous - and the courts apparently agreed.  

Then you get it. The power of white supremacists to use the courts to level frivolous charges against blacks while ignoring transgressions against them is alive and well in some spots. Not as alive and well as it once was, of course, but still quite remarkable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Then you get it. The power of white supremacists to use the courts to level frivolous charges against blacks while ignoring transgressions against them is alive and well in some spots. Not as alive and well as it once was, of course, but still quite remarkable.

And the RW still doesn't understand why AA is still necessary.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:47 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

I've never said that antifa is acting unconstitutional or are inherently vile.  Only gov't can act that unconstitutional.  What I've been consistent about saying is that I do not believe it is right to use violence to prevent someone from exercising their constitutional rights, no matter how much you may despise their message.  If the other side (nazis) resorts to violence first, then all bets are off and you have my permission to beat the living fuck out of them.  But until then, no.  

To use violence to preemptively stop something you don't like is vigilantism.  Pure and simple.  @jocal505 disapproves.  

You DO see the distinction, right?

So, preemptively invading countries to prevent future violence is wrong, too. 

Right?

24 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

So, preemptively invading countries to prevent future violence is wrong, too. 

Right?

Please don’t point out Jeffies inconsistencies. He gets all pissy.

20 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
23 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:
On 8/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Helpful link added.

Helpful in addressing the issue of conspiracy, where exactly?

If all Nazis did was shout hateful slogans and make torchlight marches, I'd agree that as much as I despise them, they have a right to say stuff.

But "what Nazis do" goes far beyond speech, and the fact that you're bedding down with them in supporting the violent overthrow of the US gov't ought to make you stop and think.

-DSK

I was unaware of the conspiracy. What's the plan?

You've gotta expect someone like me, who approves of slaughtering people just because of their race, to bed down with people who want to overthrow the government and institute a fascist regime. I'm just that way. You've interacted with me for years and must have noticed.

• Like 1

back to the OP.

If you allow special coaches, trains etc, what you're doing is creating a "we are on a mission/holiday" type of mindset in the nazi passengers.

Like a warm up to the rally.someone will ineviatably see a captive audience of fans and start to stir them up..they'll get off those trains looking for victims.

better dilute them and just have police on board in extra numbers both on the trains and at the station

On the way to a friendly game off football/soccer.

Image result for UK football hooligans escortedImage result for UK football hooligans escorted

Sometimes segregation is the only option.

see the "just a reminder" thread

might be better to keep these clowns on a train then let them drive there

12 hours ago, Mark K said:

ANYONE can level frivolous charges - and the transgressions against Mr Harris were not ignored.   I understand the point you're trying to make, but, I don't think that this particular set of circumstances supports it.  

3 hours ago, hermetic said:

see the "just a reminder" thread

might be better to keep these clowns on a train then let them drive there

I fully support putting them on a train, since metro Union has refused to staff or drive them. We can just lock them in train cars (how ironic!) for a while until they cool off. 

I think parking is an issue, so driving not an option. And IIRC Uber has refused to carry them. Maybe just make them walk.

12 minutes ago, RKoch said:

I fully support putting them on a train, since metro Union has refused to staff or drive them. We can just lock them in train cars (how ironic!) for a while until they cool off. 

I think parking is an issue, so driving not an option. And IIRC Uber has refused to carry them. Maybe just make them walk.

How do you identify "them" Koch?    Keep every white person w/short hair or boots off the metro?  Who says they'll be costumed up?  

7 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You've gotta expect someone like me, who approves of slaughtering people just because of their race, to bed down with people who want to overthrow the government and institute a fascist regime. I'm just that way. You've interacted with me for years and must have noticed.

I was thinking more the overthrow-the-gubbermint-by-force part, but....... whatever

-DSK

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

How do you identify "them" Koch?    Keep every white person w/short hair or boots off the metro?  Who says they'll be costumed up?  

Check for tattoos? Have a cardboard cut-out of Trump with photoshopped bigger hands and see if they seig-heil it?

-DSK

On 8/9/2018 at 6:48 PM, kent_island_sailor said:

Neither AQ or the Japanese Navy were American citizens.  If you think its OK to treat US citizens like AQ and the Japanese Navy and kill them all for the sins of a few, we need to talk.  

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
7 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I was thinking more the overthrow-the-gubbermint-by-force part, but....... whatever

-DSK

Then by all means elaborate on that part of the specific plan.

If it's just a general desire on their part, I'd say it existed in Skokie years ago. If there's a plan, that's different. I'm not familiar with this plan. You seem to know it. Please share.

16 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Do Nazis have a right to assemble?

yes

should anyone defend them or rationalize their presence.

no

Totally agree with all of that.  Where has anyone here defended them or rationalized their presence???

Listen to Robert Ray of the Daily Stormer.

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Totally agree with all of that.  Where has anyone here defended them or rationalized their presence???

I admit I've supported the ACLU in the past.

23 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If it's just a general desire on their part, I'd say it existed in Skokie years ago. If there's a plan, that's different. I'm not familiar with this plan. You seem to know it. Please share.

You might consider the difference between George Lincoln Rockwell and somebody like Don Black, or Tom Blanton for example.

However much Rockwell was a disgusting cretin, he was basically attempting to build a political party. He gets the protections afforded to speech that some people don't like.

Did the ACLU come out to support the free-speech rights of people planning to commit murder for racial reasons?

-DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
33 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

You might consider the difference between George Lincoln Rockwell and somebody like Don Black, or Tom Blanton for example.

However much Rockwell was a disgusting cretin, he was basically attempting to build a political party. He gets the protections afforded to speech that some people don't like.

Did the ACLU come out to support the free-speech rights of people planning to commit murder for racial reasons?

-DSK

Your wiki link contains no such plan in the case of Don Black. I didn't follow the others.

I'm going to guess that the people in Skokie had such a plan, so the answer to your question in that case is yes. Of course, you only have my guess that there was a plan as evidence. Which seems familiar somehow.

DC restaurants can refuse service to Nazis. 

D.C. Restaurants Can Legally Shun White Nationalists This Weekend 

The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington is reminding members they can refuse service to rally-goers 
by Tierney Plumb Aug 10, 2018, 12:01pm EDT 

The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) blasted out an email to its local restaurant members this week, reminding them they have the right to refuse service to a controversial group of protestors expected to descend on D.C. this weekend. 

A “Unite the Right” rally is expected to take place at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 12 in Lafayette Park, a downtown area of the city flooded with restaurants and bars. Unite the Right, which translates to “alt-right” or alternative right, is a group affiliated with white supremacy, neo-Nazism, and white nationalism. 

While restaurants can’t legally deny customers based on race, sex, or political affiliation, “a choice not to host a fringe ideological group likely would not violate the DC Human Rights Act’s prohibition on discrimination,” according to the RAMW email obtained by Eater. ... Member services director and policy advisor Eden Raskin Jenkins quotes intel from her association’s general counsel Veritas Law Firm, saying the law “generally permits” a restaurant or tavern to refuse service to an individual or group of individuals. 

The DC Human Rights Act also has an exception for unintentional discrimination based on business necessity, points out RAMW, writing: “It can be argued that the duty of a restaurant or tavern to maintain a safe establishment requires prohibiting members of a fringe ideological group entry due to the potential risk of danger or violence.”

2 hours ago, lasal said:

Listen to Robert Ray of the Daily Stormer.

'Peaceful' Nazis, according to Guy...

takeaway quote from vid: "We're sending in 200 of our people with guns"...  

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Your wiki link contains no such plan in the case of Don Black. I didn't follow the others.

I'm going to guess that the people in Skokie had such a plan, so the answer to your question in that case is yes. Of course, you only have my guess that there was a plan as evidence. Which seems familiar somehow.

Really? You missed the part where Don Black planned to bomb a bunch of public buildings? Or the part where he was convicted of attempting an armed overthrow of the gov't of Dominica (the 4th sentence)?

Your guess seems to be made on the basis of wishful thinking rather than available info. For example, George Lincoln Rockwell ran for public office several times. That seems like a rather odd way to plan a violent overthrow of the gov't

-DSK

Ray says, "at some point we will have enough power to clear the [anti white, anti American filth] from the streets forever. That which is degenerate in white countries will be removed. We're starting to unveil a little bit of our power level, you ain't seen nothin' yet."

Alt-right activists not only have a well-documented history of violence, they actually state loud and clear that they will physically fight all opposition, they are trying to grow, and they will continue to escalate violence until they clear the streets of "anti-white, anti-American filth forever."

Hard to see any threat to free speech. Where is that again?

8 minutes ago, RKoch said:

4 hours ago, RKoch said:

DC restaurants can refuse service to Nazis. 

D.C. Restaurants Can Legally Shun White Nationalists This Weekend 

The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington is reminding members they can refuse service to rally-goers 
by Tierney Plumb Aug 10, 2018, 12:01pm EDT 

The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) blasted out an email to its local restaurant members this week, reminding them they have the right to refuse service to a controversial group of protestors expected to descend on D.C. this weekend. 

A “Unite the Right” rally is expected to take place at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 12 in Lafayette Park, a downtown area of the city flooded with restaurants and bars. Unite the Right, which translates to “alt-right” or alternative right, is a group affiliated with white supremacy, neo-Nazism, and white nationalism. 

While restaurants can’t legally deny customers based on race, sex, or political affiliation, “a choice not to host a fringe ideological group likely would not violate the DC Human Rights Act’s prohibition on discrimination,” according to the RAMW email obtained by Eater. ... Member services director and policy advisor Eden Raskin Jenkins quotes intel from her association’s general counsel Veritas Law Firm, saying the law “generally permits” a restaurant or tavern to refuse service to an individual or group of individuals. 

The DC Human Rights Act also has an exception for unintentional discrimination based on business necessity, points out RAMW, writing: “It can be argued that the duty of a restaurant or tavern to maintain a safe establishment requires prohibiting members of a fringe ideological group entry due to the potential risk of danger or violence.”

I'm waiting for a couple of Nazis to order a swastika on their wedding cake...from a Jewish baker.   

On 8/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Those guys will get all the companionship they want. This chick is showing up. 

B088B1AE-C34E-4373-A7E6-5FDD0780B197.jpeg

The heart of America.

Well, Trumps America anyway.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The heart of America.

Well, Trumps America anyway.

Is that Hapless Jack?

If it was Hapless the arrow would point at the mouth or the ass.

13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
16 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Really? You missed the part where Don Black planned to bomb a bunch of public buildings? Or the part where he was convicted of attempting an armed overthrow of the gov't of Dominica (the 4th sentence)?

Your guess seems to be made on the basis of wishful thinking rather than available info. For example, George Lincoln Rockwell ran for public office several times. That seems like a rather odd way to plan a violent overthrow of the gov't

-DSK

Yes, I searched that page in vain for the word bomb so I'm not sure what you're talking about. As for plans to overthrow some other government around the world, those are not treason against the US, which I thought was the subject.

I'm still wondering what the current treasonous plan is that differentiates these Nazi's from the ones in Skokie? Or maybe you think the ACLU was wrong to bed down with those Nazi's? I'm not sure why it's only sometimes OK to bed down with Nazi's.

Should this be controversial?

NPR Is Criticized After White Nationalist Ranks the Races by Intelligence on Air

NPR stood by its report on Friday. Terence Samuel, a top editor, said, “I think it’s important for us to cover race and racism, and quite frankly, if you’re going to do that, you have to talk to racists.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/business/media/charlottesville-jason-kessler-npr.html

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

NPR Is Criticized After White Nationalist Ranks the Races by Intelligence on Air

NPR stood by its report on Friday. Terence Samuel, a top editor, said, “I think it’s important for us to cover race and racism, and quite frankly, if you’re going to do that, you have to talk to racists.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/business/media/charlottesville-jason-kessler-npr.html

After he answered with his intelligence rankings, claiming black people were the least smart

They left out the bit about him saying that Asians "on average" ranked the highest. Imagine that! :D 

1 hour ago, Mickey Rat said:

They left out the bit about him saying that Asians "on average" ranked the highest. Imagine that! :D 

Well, Lil' Kim sure conned the pride of NY. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RKoch said:

Well, Lil' Kim sure conned the pride of NY. 

And Kim didn't even use his A game.  Korean equivalent of 3 card Monte for the tourist from NY.

16 hours ago, Sean said:

Not to me.

As for his point, people who focus a lot on who has a high IQ strike me the same as people who focus a lot on who has a lot of money. In both cases, they're not the subject of their own focus.

Social media reporting total number of Nazis about 200. No more than 2 dozen rode the Metro. Thousands of counter-protestors, several hundred media. 

2 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Of course, the place without a basement, where the democRATS run a child sex ring out of the basement, does not welcome these fine people.  

38955177_10160693742960207_3309338405409

so, any of you guys in dc to crack some nazi heads?

or is it all type, and you'll just participate social medially

On 8/5/2018 at 10:55 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Pack them all into a train to take them to a special camp?  Sounds oddly familiar. 

indeed .

24 people. Those boys need to go back to hoods and bedsheets to Make Their Numbers Great Again. 

Maybe they could have used a few Jews to replace them. 

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

24 people. Those boys need to go back to hoods and bedsheets to Make Their Numbers Great Again. 

Maybe they could have used a few Jews to replace them. 

Yep, it appears the early estimate of 200 was high. Or perhaps many left quickly. Looks to be about 2 dozen...out-numbered by cops, and vastly outnumbered by a few thousand protestors (I've heard BLM and AntiFa have large groups there).

Rally: Low Attendance and an Early Exit by White Nationalists in D.C.

‘Unite the Right’ Rally: Low Attendance and an Early Exit by White Nationalists in D.C. 
Video at link 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/12/us/politics/charlottesville-va-protest-unite-the-right.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news 

By Noah Weiland and Andy Parsons 

Aug. 12, 2018 

WASHINGTON — A year after the race-fueled violence in Charlottesville, Va., a small group of white nationalists marched through downtown Washington on Sunday on their way to a rally in front of the White House. 

It was over almost as soon as it began. 

The white supremacists were met along their march route and at the rally site by thousands of counterdemonstrators denouncing racism and white supremacy. The white nationalists, who numbered about two dozen, stayed in Lafayette Square, a park just north of the White House, for a short time and left before 6 p.m. 

They had been scheduled to hold a two-hour rally in the square beginning at 5:30. A spokesman for the National Park Service confirmed that the white nationalists had ended their event by that time. 

Counterprotesters who had been shouting “Go home, Nazis, go home!” suddenly started booing when the white nationalists did just that. 

13dc-protest-alpha1-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp 

A new song then broke out, “Na na na na, na na na na! Hey, hey, goodbye!” 

With the white nationalists gone, the mood among the counterprotestors grew mildly celebratory, although rain led many to leave. Waves of counterprotesters walked east down H Street, with one chanting, “I believe that we just won.” 

<snip> 

After marching from a neighborhood just west of the White House, the handful of supremacists settled in a pocket of Lafayette Square, tucked underneath trees. Many of them carried American flags, and several wore President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” campaign hats. 

The group’s organizer, Jason Kessler, stood on a platform with a microphone, addressing attendees who arrived before the event was scheduled to begin. He blamed a harsh law enforcement response after last year’s Charlottesville rally for his group’s meager showing. 

<snip> 

Counterprotesters in Lafayette Square stood against fencing, shouting and booing in the direction of the white supremacists. 

<snip> 

“Riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division,” he wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning. “We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!” 

Mr. Trump’s words were reminiscent of his reluctance a year ago after the deadly Charlottesville rally to single out white nationalists, instead blaming “both sides” for the violence, and appearing to draw a moral equivalence between hate groups and counterprotests. 

The rally in Washington on Sunday, called Unite the Right II, was scheduled to take over Lafayette Square for two hours in the evening. The Unite the Right group planned to have up to 400 people at the rally, according to the permit it received from the National Park Service, though the group was considerably smaller. 

merlin_142251273_e76e966c-2dad-48b8-a6bc-74586ff75f7b-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp 

Protesters near Lafayette Square on Saturday, a day before the Unite the Right rally.CreditHilary Swift for The New York Times 

The Park Service, which permits around 750 First Amendment demonstrations annually in the national capital region, granted one last week to Mr. Kessler. “In anyone’s recollection, there has never been a First Amendment permit that’s been denied,” said Mike Litterst, a Park Service spokesman. “There wasn’t much discussion or question of whether or not it would be issued.” 

<snip> 

James Murray, an assistant director in the Secret Service’s Office of Protective Operations, had warned in a letter on Monday to the Park Service that it was possible that tension between groups could lead to the same kind of violence that occurred in Portland, Ore., last weekend, where a right-wing rally turned violent after, the police said, a group began throwing rocks and bottles at officers. 

Mr. Murray wrote that some of the same counterprotesters who seized downtown streets at the presidential inauguration in January 2017 were also interested in Sunday’s demonstrations, and were “known to have engaged in violent and destructive activity.” Members of the sometimes violent movement known as antifa were expected to be among the counterprotesters on Sunday. 

<snip> 

“Very few of our visitors share the views that will be expressed in Lafayette Square this weekend,” she said. 

Reporting was contributed by Hawes Spencer and Michael Wines from Charlottesville, Va., and Catie Edmondson and Gardiner Harris from Washington.

The undefeated GW Football team could have  chased those old boys out of town. Pretty tame  

The only folks I saw starting anything were the antifa morons throwing stuff at cops. 

Looked to me like the cops did pretty well at keeping the peace. 

33 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Looked to me like the cops did pretty well at keeping the peace. 

The Luxembourg police did a lot better.

The 'rally' needs a soundtrack. I dedicate this to Hapless Jack and Dog.

9 hours ago, RKoch said:

Counterprotesters who had been shouting “Go home, Nazis, go home!” suddenly started booing when the white nationalists did just that. 

It's sad when your cause for outrage proves to be a nothingburger and then vanishes.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:49 PM, RKoch said:

You love twisting shit around, don't you Koch?  If your points strong enough, it oughta stand on its own w/out the bullshit you like to serve it with. 

35 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You love twisting shit around, don't you Koch?  If your points strong enough, it oughta stand on its own w/out the bullshit you like to serve it with. 

In their own words. The guys you call 'peaceful'.

9 minutes ago, RKoch said:

In their own words. The guys you call 'peaceful'.

<SNIP>

Cite or STFU.  Like I said - try letting your point stand on its own w/out trying to twist what someone else said.  

15 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Sign at the rally:

Roses are red

Taxis are yellow

I’d take snakes on a plane 

Over Nazis on the Metro 

Reminds me of an old ice-breaker.  

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

I like peanut butter.

Wanna fuck?  

It actually worked surprisingly well, which is to say that the success rate is somewhere north of 0.0.  

9 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

It's sad when your cause for outrage proves to be a nothingburger and then vanishes.

Nah. That’s called “winning”

Sorry if this is a repeat but has anyone pointed out the group was so small they didn't need metro?

Could have rode the short bus.                    I'll be here all week.

Loved the pic of the lonely 19-year-old kid who showed up on time and found all (20?) of his buddies had grown dejected and left hours earlier.  

So for nothing, this kid gets his name and photo in the paper and is identified as a racist/white supremacist and likely will never get laid until he moves to someplace that does have internet.  Way to sign up for incel status, guy.

9 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Loved the pic of the lonely 19-year-old kid who showed up on time and found all (20?) of his buddies had grown dejected and left hours earlier.  

So for nothing, this kid gets his name and photo in the paper and is identified as a racist/white supremacist and likely will never get laid until he moves to someplace that does have internet.  Way to sign up for incel status, guy.

Seriously, "loser can't get laid" seems to be a common thread with these groups.

I think there is an "I'll show them, they won't be making fun of me NOW" element. Imagine the biggest nerd in the Berlin High School class of 1936 joining the Hitler Youth and denouncing everyone that ever picked on him as a secret Jew lover or something :rolleyes: