Sign in to follow this  
mustang__1

great live video and full replays from ISAF/SW/sailing world cup/world championships/OCR

cross posted in SA: 

So, whatever the fuck they want to call this shit these days, they are doing a great job (of the first ten minutes or so that i;ve been watching) of covering the racing live. I'm sure most of the credit goes to SAP, but whatever. Multiple camera boats, decent commentary, and full race video from each day as opposed to just the medal race or highlight clips.

https://aarhus2018.sailing.org/watch

Very nice coverage. Would be even better if they could use the drone footage more often instead of the media boat camera, it is impossible to understand the positions from sea level.

7 hours ago, kaskeloten said:

Very nice coverage. Would be even better if they could use the drone footage more often instead of the media boat camera, it is impossible to understand the positions from sea level.

sometimes when I'm watching these races I'll have the live tracker playing alongside the live video. Might take a little fiddling to make sure they both match to be live, but it makes following along much easier.

If they have such fine media coverage why have the race course so close to the land. Its painful to watch. Feel sorry for the sailors. Why not use the available technology for viewers and give the sailors a decent racetrack. The Stadium course may as well be in the marina.

4 hours ago, xyz10000 said:

If they have such fine media coverage why have the race course so close to the land. Its painful to watch. Feel sorry for the sailors. Why not use the available technology for viewers and give the sailors a decent racetrack. The Stadium course may as well be in the marina.

I completely agree. There's been a big push to bring racing closer to shore so fans in stands could watch, but I just don't think it works. I think the technology should be used to bring the fans out to the racing. The most glaring failure of this was Rio Olympics (but Weymouth too). 

If the breeze is stable and onshore, then close to beach is okay. But to be perfectly honest, it's never really close enough to get a great view, so why wreck the sailing for it. 

really tough conditions today, but you have to sai that those nacras look ridicously hard to sail.

I think I heard someone say that sailing coverage is one of the most expensive sport production projects, but also gets some of the highest viewing rates on the internet? They do a really good job at World Sailing TV. Great footage, analytics, and commentary. I like the variety of shots, you really get a lot of info.