finally broke down and picked up a fein multimaster,  so that means no more cheap harbor master blades , and I have to find a source of decent blades that fit the starlock system

so what blades ye be usin?   i've heard the imperieal blades are decent, save a few dollars over the fein.. 

picked up a 2 for 1 diablo deal  at HD for my circular saw, we'll see how the italians make blades..

the lenox blades seem ok for the sawzall.. 

so what do you find works?

I've got a Diablo blade in my Makita 7 1/2 and I like it - thin kerf but still stiff.

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

finally broke down and picked up a fein multimaster,  so that means no more cheap harbor master blades , and I have to find a source of decent blades that fit the starlock system

so what blades ye be usin?   i've heard the imperieal blades are decent, save a few dollars over the fein.. 

picked up a 2 for 1 diablo deal  at HD for my circular saw, we'll see how the italians make blades..

the lenox blades seem ok for the sawzall.. 

so what do you find works?

What are you cutting?    How much do you want to spend to put together a set?

Imperial blades are OK.  Never found much good in the diamond coated general purpose ones from any brand, there's a 140$ Fein composite blade I've been itching to try but it only takes one assholes and one bit of metal to ruin it so I haven't bothered yet. 

If you're cutting a lot of fiberglass, the Carbide blades are the way to go.  Bosch sells them cheaper, Wurth makes them better, looks like Imperial has one now, but I haven't tried it yet. 

https://imperialblades.com/product/iboat340-1-34-metal-wood-tin-storm-series-oscillating-multi-tool-blade-2/

Is my preferred default blade, they'll cut everything reasonably well, leave Ok edges, have enough set to the teeth to avoid overheating.  I keep a pile of these around.  The offset to the teeth, and the profile do alright at most things.  Good to use while learning the tool too.

If I were to buy all new blades this would a complete set of what I try to keep on hand at any given time:

5x the above linked 1-3/4 blade(or fein equivalent).

Also in the same tooth/metal choice:

1x 3/8 or 1/2" blade(whatever the smallest you can find is) for the times you just need a smaller blade for plunge cutting small openings/ends of slots.

1x 2-1/2" blade

1x Japanese tooth blade for clean edges on dry wood and plastic ONLY no glass/metal etc, even saturated wood can cause problems as it expands slightly into the cut.   https://imperialblades.com/product/sct240-1-34-precision-wood-tin-storm-series-oscillating-multi-tool-blade/

3x carbide blade from brand of your choice.  Wurth is my preference, but haven't tried the imperials.

1x narrow point sealant blade(easy to resharpen, so will last years and years of use)

1x wide rigid sealant blade(easy to resharpen)

1x flexible scraper blade(easy to resharpen)

1x sanding head. 

I know some like the round segmented blades, but I've only found them useful for doing laminate flooring in a house(trimming door jambs etc).  On a boat I've always found the square blades will do the same job with a little finessing and so not worth the time to change blades. 

The general blades you'll be hard pressed to hurt yourself with, a sharp sealant knife blade or the japanese blades will cut you if you aren't paying attention. 

I have the Fein with star lock also.  I use Fein blades purchased from Amazon.  They have an amazing selection of blades for all different purposes.  

Amazon:  Oshlun oscillating blades.

Feins are overpriced and honestly not that great. They've been bleeding us dry for decades. If you go with any of the major brands Diablo, Bosch, etc. Check the location of the manufacturer. I noticed years ago that all of the decent jigsaw blades are made in Switzerland. Apparently the same boys are making the good oscillating blades as well. We use a variety of cutters, because we do a variety of things. You will not be disappointed in  Oshlun. They only make good products.

Lennox blades are average for the recipro. Milwaukee invented the thing and still makes blades 5 times better than anyone else. The Ax gets shite done in a hurry. 

For the money and availability, the Diablo are currently the best blades going for circular saws and job site miter saws. 

that's awesome guys..   unfortunately they're not making the imperial titanium in starlock.. yet..  but I'm sure I'll find comparable 

for the recipro I'm not too worried about the blades as I use it mostly for trimming the yard, the Skil and Porter Cable fast cut blades are the way to go there..

just watched a video on the fein,  damn that thing is fast,  the harbor freight is about 10 times slower..

For jigsaws, Bosch T345XF. Only one for it, demo'd the rig structure in an aluminium boat with these primarily.

HW