Nailing Malarkey Too

The Left needs to know they would lose a civil war.

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., is calling on other tech companies to ban more sites like InfoWars, and says the survival of American democracy depends on it.

“Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it,” Murphy tweeted Monday.

• Downvote 6

25 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., is calling on other tech companies to ban more sites like InfoWars, and says the survival of American democracy depends on it.

“Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it,” Murphy tweeted Monday.

And not one mention of civil war. Trump's confession has really fucked you up hasn't it, Jack.

Oh, and you need to do a better job covering your tracks. That's at least twice this week you fucked up and peeked at my posts. :lol:

• Like 1

Warner is the quintessential poster boy for liberal stupidity.  

Yeah Mr. Warner it is unfortunate that some Americans believed the Russian propaganda that the CIA created AIDS. Conspiracy theories are quite the cottage industry in America. 

But what you propose Senator is certifiably crazy. The censorship of Alex Jones and what you propose has just birthed the mother of all conspiracy theories. You dumb Fuck. 

• Downvote 5

Amazing how the left is now pro-censorship but when it comes to stories about right wing evil-doers everything should be out in the open.

Just now, Rum Runner said:

Amazing how the left is now pro-censorship but when it comes to stories about right wing evil-doers everything should be out in the open.

amazing how the rightwingers are now angry that private industry is shutting down their heroes like Alex Jones.

• Like 1

Just now, Rum Runner said:

The 1st is not without consequences. The authors knew than and correctly understood that censorship is incalculably worse. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

The 1st is not without consequences. The authors knew than and correctly understood that censorship is incalculably worse. 

Could you explain your 2nd sentence, or at least clarify it?

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

amazing how the rightwingers are now angry that private industry is shutting down their heroes like Alex Jones.

Essentially all publishing, reporting, disseminating is "Private Industry". Maybe your were thinking your communist agenda has already been implemented.  

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

And yet, the authors of the first amendment made no requirement for private persons to publish or broadcast speech they don't want to. Government didn't stop InfoWars. Private enterprise decided they didn't want to be associated with it and so stopped assisting in it's broadcast/dissemination.

Yet another instance where Jack doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Just now, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Fuck off troll.

Obama-Laugh.jpg

Happy Jack's unintended comedy is awesome.

• Like 2

Just now, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Fuck off troll.

I politely ask you to explain your post and this is the response?  I have gone out of my way lately to not ridicule you in case you haven't noticed.  Besides you stated a while back that you were not going to respond to me.    I guess that could make you a liar? 

• Like 2

Just now, d'ranger said:

I politely ask you to explain your post and this is the response?  I have gone out of my way lately to not ridicule you in case you haven't noticed.  Besides you stated a while back that you were not going to respond to me.    I guess that could make you a liar? 

Fuck off troll

• Downvote 3

Well, Jack's meltdown is coming along as expected. Do we have a pool going on how long it is before the cruise?

I think concerned, law-abiding, patriotic  Americans should be able to identify liars and bring social & market forces to bear on privately or publicly owned companies to prevent the dissemination of Fake News. 

4 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Fuck off troll

May I ask within what parameters we are permitted to question your statements and opinions? Or is any resistance futile? Are we already “at war?”

8 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Essentially all publishing, reporting, disseminating is "Private Industry". Maybe your were thinking your communist agenda has already been implemented.  

see I lasted a long time on your ignore list.

12 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I think concerned, law-abiding, patriotic  Americans should be able to identify liars and bring social & market forces to bear on privately or publicly owned companies to prevent the dissemination of Fake News. 

Yeah. I know you do and that's why you and Sen. Warner are both dangerous idiots.  

But I'm game if you are. Let's create a Department of Truth, let Trump appoint a director and bestow him with the authority to identify and censor Fake News. Then let's see how well you like the result.

I am really curious do you also believe that  law-abiding, patriotic  Americans should be able to identify illegal aliens  and bring social & market forces to bear on privately or publicly owned companies to prevent  ....

• Downvote 3

So, are you willing to restrict the speech of, and force certain economic choices by law-abiding, patriotic Americans to achieve your ends?

Jack is now at the point where any comment in a thread he starts is a "trolling" attempt.

Judging by the thread header, he (it?) is promising violence-

7 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

So, are you willing to restrict the speech of, and force certain economic choices by law-abiding, patriotic Americans to achieve your ends?

Jack should be flicked from PA just to reinforce the point.

Just now, bhyde said:

Jack should be flicked from PA just to reinforce the point.

He's been flicked, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sorry. I meant flicked again. Between all the name changes and self imposed exiles, it's hard to keep straight.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

A shame. It's not easy finding a good village idiot. 

57 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
59 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Fuck off troll.

He asked you a fair question, and you come back with this?  You *do* have an answer, don't you? 

30 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Yeah. I know you do and that's why you and Sen. Warner are both dangerous idiots.  

But I'm game if you are. Let's create a Department of Truth, let Trump appoint a director and bestow him with the authority to identify and censor Fake News. Then let's see how well you like the result.

I am really curious do you also believe that  law-abiding, patriotic  Americans should be able to identify illegal aliens  and bring social & market forces to bear on privately or publicly owned companies to prevent  ....

You do understand that w/r/t the 1st, there's a difference between the government's responsibilities and restrictions and those of private individuals/businesses?  

11 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Fuck off troll.

He asked you a fair question, and you come back with this?  You *do* have an answer, don't you? 

I really think he is losing his mind.  Jack was never one to reply with vulgarity.

7 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

It seems you are equating individuals using free speech and economic activity with permitting or requesting the government to censor individuals. Please read what I wrote more carefully. 

And as for your question, sure, Americans could demand that the companies they frequent use legitimate sources of labor. Not a bad way to reduce the demand side of the forces encouraging illegal migration.

21 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You do understand that w/r/t the 1st, there's a difference between the government's responsibilities and restrictions and those of private individuals/businesses?  

You'll have to excuse Jack, he may have stepped out for a cruise.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I really think he is losing his mind.  Jack was never one to reply with vulgarity.

I think you're lagging behind by about a year and a half.

image.thumb.png.0a06aa7ea891836183216dd05905de5e.png

Just now, Mrleft8 said:
16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I think you're lagging behind by about a year and a half.

image.thumb.png.0a06aa7ea891836183216dd05905de5e.png

Perhaps.  But, there has been a marked change in Jack, recently.  He used to reply with insults that never required vulgarity.

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Perhaps.  But, there has been a marked change in Jack, recently.  He used to reply with insults that never required vulgarity.

The replies don't require vulgarity any more than they ever did, it's just that the current resident of the white house has made it chic.

Womp womp.  Don't be so humorless Dum Dum.  People will think you are a democRAT.  

Either we are seeing Stage IV or some serious TDS.  

La-Z-Boy Warriors, answer the call!  (and could someone bring one of Mr. Khan's pocket sized Constitutions so that our resident dummy can read the first five words of the first amendment?) 

32 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Maybe so - I won't join the pile-on, but, will ask him to support his position. 

"Fuck off, troll." Would be the support for his position.

48 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Maybe so - I won't join the pile-on, but, will ask him to support his position. 

Don't worry about piling on Jack. Whether you lean right or left, pointing out Jack's lies/hypocrisy is truly a bi-partisan activity, and damn it, it's just plain fun. Kind of like a good 'ol public stoning - everyone gets a rock.

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

A shame. It's not easy finding a good village idiot. 

Well, it does take a village.......:P

44 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey said:

I like to polish my tiny little cannon but it takes me some time to reload when I am done.  

Do we really need to know this?

Sorry..too easy :D

I don't know how you guys decode Jack's nonsense..years of experience I guess.

I have no idea what he's talking about....er..par for the course I suppose.

7 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Yeah Mr. Warner it is unfortunate that some Americans believed the Russian propaganda that the CIA created AIDS. Conspiracy theories are quite the cottage industry in America. 

But what you propose Senator is certifiably crazy. The censorship of Alex Jones and what you propose has just birthed the mother of all conspiracy theories. You dumb Fuck. 

Easy now.   We're concerned about you. I went to a Mormon website and got some tips for you since you are clearly having a bad time of it.

As one meets with his Priesthood Leader, a program for overcoming masturbation can be implemented using some of these suggestions. Remember it is essential that a regular report program be agreed on, so progress can be recognized and failures understood and eliminated.

Here are some additional suggestions that have proven helpful for others who have successfully overcome masturbation:

1. Pray daily, ask for the gifts of the Spirit, that which will strengthen you against temptation. Pray fervently, even out loud, when the temptations are the strongest.

2. Exercise daily. Exercise reduces emotional tension and depression and is absolutely basic to the solution of this problem. Double your physical activity when you feel stress increasing.

3. When the temptation to masturbate is strong, yell STOP to those thoughts as loudly as you can in your mind and then recite a prechosen Scripture or sing an inspirational hymn.

6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Mulitple times.

Fuck Sol, give a man some warning before posting that shit!

59 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Easy now.   We're concerned about you. I went to a Mormon website and got some tips for you since you are clearly having a bad time of it.

Mormons are not allowed to masturbate?

What kind of fucked up religion is that?

Can they at least eat bacon???

40 minutes ago, Greever said:

Mormons are not allowed to masturbate?

What kind of fucked up religion is that?

Can they at least eat bacon???

Yes to bacon. No to wanking.

If you're curious, Google "To Young Men Only" for the sermon & pamphlet the Church used to distribute on the subject. Mormons have some seriously fucked up beliefs behind their public happy families persona. Their position on masturbation is just one of them.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7295428

Did someone tell him Ridgelines suck?? 

Can you at least have have your civil war in Canada, at least it would be polite up there 

6 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Yes to bacon. No to wanking.

If you're curious, Google "To Young Men Only" for the sermon & pamphlet the Church used to distribute on the subject. Mormons have some seriously fucked up beliefs behind their public happy families persona. Their position on masturbation is just one of them.

Well, at least they can eat bacon... 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7295428

God I hope I don't look like that when I masturbate.

1 minute ago, bhyde said:

Not a Mormon, I presume? :lol:

9 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Warner is the quintessential poster boy for liberal stupidity.  . 

Well, considering you've got the conservative side covered in similar fashion, I figure you quoted him out of professional courtesy. 

Any complaints yet from Alex Jones about the terms of a free service he has no obligation to use?

5 minutes ago, Greever said:

Not a Mormon, I presume? :lol:

Not even close. I'm more from the Uncle Andy school of thought...

12 minutes ago, Mark K said:

7 minutes ago, bhyde said:

You can't see what he is doing with his hands, thankfully...but he is not having a wank.

He is trying to put a sheet of plywood into a Ridgeline.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Not even close. I'm more from the Uncle Andy school of thought...

That was hilarious! I wonder if bananas are in season? :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You can't see what he is doing with his hands, thankfully...but he is not having a wank.

He is trying to put a sheet of plywood into a Ridgeline.  

Golf clap. Big-time.

8 minutes ago, Greever said:

That was hilarious! I wonder if bananas are in season? :rolleyes:

Weeds was such an amazing show.  Binge watching the entire thing on Netflix is worth it, if only for the scene with Kevin Nealon re-creating the hanging scene from Shawshank.  One of the most amusing things I've ever seen.  

38 minutes ago, Mark K said:

No, they told him he couldn't jerk off.

48 minutes ago, Mark K said:

If Ridgelines sucked, he wouldn't need to jerk off so often.

But give the boy some credit, he used the correct “lose” for once...

3 hours ago, Gutterblack said:

Can you at least have have your civil war in Canada, at least it would be polite up there 

Yes!. Let us take our cue from the harmonious Sikh and Indian Communities in Canada.. I especially love how the Indo Mafia cooperates for the better good with the east asians.

• Downvote 3

Looks like the Electro-Stim batteries are low. For god's sake Jack, get a wall adapter.

3 hours ago, Mark K said:
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7295428

No, this is just what happens to Jack when he plays with his little cannon in violation of Church practice.

11 hours ago, phillysailor said:

These monopolistic corporations are "law-abiding, patriotic Americans" as long as you agree with who or what they are censoring. Is that correct? 

41 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

These monopolistic corporations are "law-abiding, patriotic Americans" as long as you agree with who or what they are censoring. Is that correct? 

No. Whether they are law-abiding has nothing to do with who or what they are censoring. They are not the government, so the First Amendment's restrictions on the prohibition of free speech has nothing to do with them. They are no more required to broadcast Alex Jones views on their service than you are required to shout Al Sharpton's views from your front porch. You don't like their decision - find another free service to download your videos or podcasts from.

1 hour ago, Mickey Rat said:

No. If i don't agree with what they censoring then they are not law abiding.

Was that the right answer?  I want to get this right. 

15 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

But what you propose Senator is certifiably crazy. The censorship of Alex Jones and what you propose has just birthed the mother of all conspiracy theories. I have 4500 down votes and am a dumb Fuck. 

Why are you outing another poster?? Isn’t that against the very few simple rules?? 

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

image.thumb.png.5de042f776452a5612baaafd63460dd4.png

https://graphics.axios.com/pdf/PlatformPolicyPaper.pdf 

The link doesn't work but I'd be curious what potential policy proposals he has to offer.

I can't imagine many of them are compatible with the first amendment.

• Like 1

It's an embedded viewer type file.  

https://www.axios.com/mark-warner-google-facebook-regulation-policy-paper-023d4a52-2b25-4e44-a87c-945e73c637fa.html

Here's the story from axios with the viewer.

A quick first pass reading doesn't look like it's too unfriendly to the 1st amendment.  There's some potential gov mandating about 'critical' infrastructure like Google maps.  That's more of a privacy issue.  They'd have to try and label bots as bots.  I'm not sure that's a problem either.  They're not saying the bots can't say what they want, just that you as the consumer have a right to know it's a spammed message.  The liability for defamation is a big deal - that's the same strategy as making Remington liable for gun injuries and would probably be the biggest 1st amendment charge.  And some increased visibility and data assertion rights.

Overall I don't think it's a bad start conceptually but the devil is in the details.

7 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

It's an embedded viewer type file.  

https://www.axios.com/mark-warner-google-facebook-regulation-policy-paper-023d4a52-2b25-4e44-a87c-945e73c637fa.html

Here's the story from axios with the viewer.

At first glance, it looks like bad ideas followed by worse.

• New rules for platforms: The paper considers requiring web platforms to label bot accounts or do more to identify authentic accounts, with the threat of sanction by the Federal Trade Commission if they fail to do so.
    • But it also goes further: One idea would be to make platforms legally liable for claims like "defamation, invasion of privacy, false light, and public disclosure of private facts" if they fail to take down doctored video and audio or so-called deep fakes (or fabricated footage), if a victim secured a necessary judgement regarding the sharing of that content.
    • Another would hang an "essential facility" label on certain widely-used tech products, like Google Maps. That would require them to offer access on "fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory" terms and not engage in "self-dealing or preferential conduct."

I'm not sure I trust the FTC with that job. I think we should put randumb in charge of identifying authentic accounts. He's smarter than our bureaucrats.

• The reason forums like this can exist is that Chris Cox and Ron Wyden put section 230 into the internet regulations in 1996. Ending that would end our fun.

• Google maps is not essential. Internet giants come and go remarkably quickly. What if Yahoo had been deemed "the essential search engine" years ago? The people doing the deeming and Yahoo would be making sure that continued, to the detriment of us all, that's what.

I thought we were talking about compatibility with the first amendment, not overall efficacy?

I'll look up Section 230 :)  - never mind, already back.  

I'll think about a more thoughtful reply while off at work.  Be safe.

4 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

I thought we were talking about compatibility with the first amendment, not overall efficacy?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this:

I'm not sure I trust the FTC with that job. I think we should put randumb in charge of identifying authentic accounts. He's smarter than our bureaucrats.

Was intended to convey the message that I don't trust anyone with that job, nor does our first amendment allow the FTC Chairman (you know, the guy who wants to end the internet) to do that job. Thankfully, I think he'd agree that should not be his job.

18 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

549973194_WarningMalarkey.jpg.4b0f51ac27414eaacadb823da1d86066.jpg

15 minutes ago, random said:

549973194_WarningMalarkey.jpg.4b0f51ac27414eaacadb823da1d86066.jpg

Are you being paid or doing this for free?

Because

50 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If you'll work for free, that's two reasons you're better than our bureaucrats.

12 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:
  • Google maps is not essential. Internet giants come and go remarkably quickly. What if Yahoo had been deemed "the essential search engine" years ago? The people doing the deeming and Yahoo would be making sure that continued, to the detriment of us all, that's what.

Tom understands little of the barriers for entry in internet maps. Part of an ongoing series of Tom not understanding barriers to entry in the world circa 2018.

yahoo was never "the essential search engine" because back in it's heyday there was actual competition amongst search engines in the US. now google has 90%+ market share.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Tom understands little to the barriers for entry in internet maps. Part of an ongoing series of Tom not understanding barriers to entry in the world circa 2018.

Or that it has largely been teenagers defining the marketplace and who are doing the "deeming" of success.