Nailing Malarkey Too

The Left needs to know they would lose a civil war.

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

what's the going rate for a kamikaze style drone mission into the 'oval office'?

dude, I would be careful with this kind of shit talk.  You are going to get a visit from the secret service rappelling down from black helicopters any minute now.  The person in the OO may be a shitbag, but you don't EVER even joke about this sort of stuff.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as they wait till I'm done jerking off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3to1 said:

as long as they wait till I'm done jerking off.

Mormon style, like Hapless Jack? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bhyde said:

Let us know when Alex Jones is a protested class you fucking moron.

This was posted by the guy who literally spit in Alex Jones's face. 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Once upon a time we could have heated disagreements, but in the end still believe that the other person on the other side of the argument was still an American and a bother or sister.  No so much anymore.  I think we are a LONG way from a Civil War yet.  But if we continue down this path of not putting Nation first and instead only care about the individual and tribe first - I don't think its completely out of the question.  

There are very few folks in PA I would avoid, if given the opportunity to meet up and share a bite/drink.

Happy Jack (under any of his many IDs), Dabs, Moderate, and Bull Gator are the ones that come to mind.  Everyone else seems to at least be reasonable. 

As far as Dog is concerned - I used to enjoy reading his posts, even if I disagreed with him, as they were informed.  Now, he seems like he is painted into a corner with his support of the brand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Once upon a time we could have heated disagreements, but in the end still believe that the other person on the other side of the argument was still an American and a bother or sister.  No so much anymore.  I think we are a LONG way from a Civil War yet.  But if we continue down this path of not putting Nation first and instead only care about the individual and tribe first - I don't think its completely out of the question.  

I'm sure it's all the fault of the Democrats.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I agree with this.  Except I wouldn't put Dog into that category.  But there are lots on both sides of the Duopoly who believe this.

Once upon a time we could have heated disagreements, but in the end still believe that the other person on the other side of the argument was still an American and a bother or sister.  No so much anymore.  I think we are a LONG way from a Civil War yet.  But if we continue down this path of not putting Nation first and instead only care about the individual and tribe first - I don't think its completely out of the question.  

Something must have happened. Now what could that have been? Whatever that thing was, I can report that it carries over into the real world. I've told people who I found out were Trumpers after the election to just piss off. No explanation, no appeal, no nothing. Among my friends, I'm definitely not alone. And before you try shitting on me for making the political personal, I'll say that that wasn't the case with W who I thoroughly detested. But not so much anymore.

You're calling it tribe first. Fuck that. I'm calling it country first. You want to normalize Cheeto and say why can't we all just get along? Yeah, fuck that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

This was posted by the guy who literally spit in Alex Jones's face. 

 

 

 

Alex Jones doesn't deserve to get spit on. . . . he deserves a couple of steak knives in his gullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

Alex Jones doesn't deserve to get spit on. . . . he deserves a couple of steak knives in his gullet

I'd like to put him in a locked room with a few of the Sandyhook parents and see how that goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bhyde said:

I'd like to put him in a locked room with a few of the Sandyhook parents and see how that goes.

How about a courtroom?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How about a courtroom?  

 

Too civilized for an asswipe like him.  Parking lot out behind the school is sufficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

 

Too civilized for an asswipe like him.  Parking lot out behind the school is sufficient.

There's only one thing whores like that understand: a hit to the wallet.  Look about how quickly he bitched up in his divorce case, and admitted that he is just playing a character.  He's a cheap bullshitting punk who profits from selling bullshit to morons (hence Jack's butthurt).  Take away his money and his attention.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There's only one thing whores like that understand: a hit to the wallet.  Look about how quickly he bitched up in his divorce case, and admitted that he is just playing a character.  He's a cheap bullshitting punk who profits from selling bullshit to morons (hence Jack's butthurt).  Take away his money and his attention.  

I prefer my way---grew up on the streets of Newark and Jersey City--but I yield to your approach and reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How about a courtroom?  

He's already losing that battle. His lawyer yesterday demanded the Judge publicly  release the addresses and birth dates of the Sandy Hook parents. No doubt to facilitate further harassment of them (which is why they sued him to begin with).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There's only one thing whores like that understand: a hit to the wallet.  Look about how quickly he bitched up in his divorce case, and admitted that he is just playing a character.  He's a cheap bullshitting punk who profits from selling bullshit to morons (hence Jack's butthurt).  Take away his money and his attention.  

Colbert kills it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Look about how quickly he bitched up in his divorce case, and admitted that he is just playing a character. 

Interesting, where did that happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  On 8/7/2018 at 8:31 AM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

 I have 4500 down votes and am a dumb Fuck. 

 

Is Hapless Hillary finally achieving some self awareness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I prefer my way---grew up on the streets of Newark and Jersey City--but I yield to your approach and reason.

You are a tough cookie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

You are a tough cookie. 

At this point in my life I'm stale and a bit crumbly.  The heart of a street kid still beats inside but decades of life have taught me that Sol's approach is more Civilized and usually better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There's only one thing whores like that understand: a hit to the wallet.  Look about how quickly he bitched up in his divorce case, and admitted that he is just playing a character.  He's a cheap bullshitting punk who profits from selling bullshit to morons (hence Jack's butthurt).  Take away his money and his attention.  

With the recent social media heave-ho his sponsors will soon dry up and he'll find himself with very large legal bills and very little cash flow. A fitting end. 

Go the Gay Frog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

dude, I would be careful with this kind of shit talk.  You are going to get a visit from the secret service rappelling down from black helicopters any minute now.  The person in the OO may be a shitbag, but you don't EVER even joke about this sort of stuff.  

Like Trump is ever there.  You'd have a better shot on a green at Mar a Lago. 

On second thought he's probably never on the green either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

dude, I would be careful with this kind of shit talk.  You are going to get a visit from the secret service rappelling down from black helicopters any minute now.  The person in the OO may be a shitbag, but you don't EVER even joke about this sort of stuff.  

He doesn't listen to the Secret Service so why would they listen to him? They might even have a spare drone lying around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Trump’s last con.  It’s serious shit now.

Surprise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Amati said:

It’s Trump’s last con.  It’s serious shit now.

Surprise!

Trump-con? Where all his MAGA freaks get together?  His rally's as a jamband circuit for douchebags?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Trump-con? Where all his MAGA freaks get together?  His rally's as a jamband circuit for douchebags?

Think of it as incel cosplay. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
On 8/9/2018 at 10:45 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

I agree with this.  Except I wouldn't put Dog into that category.  But there are lots on both sides of the Duopoly who believe this.

Once upon a time we could have heated disagreements, but in the end still believe that the other person on the other side of the argument was still an American and a bother or sister.  No so much anymore.  I think we are a LONG way from a Civil War yet.  But if we continue down this path of not putting Nation first and instead only care about the individual and tribe first - I don't think its completely out of the question.  

I'm sure it's all the fault of the Democrats.

Reading is not your strong suit, is it?  Here, I added back in the rest of my quote that you conveniently left off that addressed your retarded statement above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Something must have happened. Now what could that have been? Whatever that thing was, I can report that it carries over into the real world. I've told people who I found out were Trumpers after the election to just piss off. No explanation, no appeal, no nothing. Among my friends, I'm definitely not alone. And before you try shitting on me for making the political personal, I'll say that that wasn't the case with W who I thoroughly detested. But not so much anymore.

You're calling it tribe first. Fuck that. I'm calling it country first. You want to normalize Cheeto and say why can't we all just get along? Yeah, fuck that.

Where am I normalizing cheeto?  And when have I ever claimed to be a "trumper"?  You must have me confused with someone else. 

But your reply is interesting and very telling....  So you are now essentially telling over half the country to just "piss off" because of how they voted and you now personally hate them for their politics???   Congrats.  Now if you really want to know who the true enemy of America is and who will bring about its eventual downfall...... go look in a mirror.  Because if you can hate your fellow citizens this much over a political disagreement, then our little experiment in democracy is doomed.  Maybe @Mismoyled Jiblet. was right after all in his recent snarky comment to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, benwynn said:

Like Trump is ever there.  You'd have a better shot on a green at Mar a Lago. 

On second thought he's probably never on the green either.

Now THAT is some funny shit!!!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 11:01 AM, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., is calling on other tech companies to ban more sites like InfoWars, and says the survival of American democracy depends on it.

“Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it,” Murphy tweeted Monday.

Infowars App Reaches 4th Most Downloaded
 

Quote

 

Jones, a noted conspiracy theorist, has seen his professional pages and podcast unpublished and/or removed from Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, and Apple. The four companies stated that Jones' disparaging comments about Muslims, immigrants, members of the LGBT community, and several other groups of people violate the hate speech clauses in their respective terms-of-service agreements. But Jones' Infowars app remained available for download via Apple.

A day after the move, people downloaded the remaining Infowars iPhone app enough times that it became the fourth most popular news app on the store, beating out the Google News and CNN apps, reports CNBC.

 

I never had any interest in him and don't today but I am tempted to download that app. My point in doing so would be that banning him is paying attention to him, which helps him more than it hurts him because most people would not otherwise pay any attention to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 5:58 AM, cmilliken said:

I thought we were talking about compatibility with the first amendment, not overall efficacy?

I'll look up Section 230 :)  - never mind, already back.  

I'll think about a more thoughtful reply while off at work.  Be safe.

A bit of further reading on that subject

Quote

The court also rejected estate plaintiffs' claims that Facebook merely provided a content-neutral account to its users, which would exclude Facebook from the characterization as a "publisher or speaker," as the causation element (and thus resulting liability) relied on content posted on Facebook by Hamas to incite and encourage attacks against these plaintiffs, not its use of Facebook. Since the gravamen of estate plaintiffs' complaint was not harm inflicted by Hamas's ability to obtain Facebook accounts, but rather its use of Facebook's platform for, among other things, "recruiting, planning [and] inciting terrorists attacks," Facebook's role in publishing this harmful and offensive content inherently endeavored to hold it liable as the publisher or speaker of the content provided by Hamas. Accordingly, Facebook's motion to dismiss was granted without prejudice.

Social media companies that pick and choose content might be regarded as "publishers or speakers" themselves instead of just providers of a vehicle for publishing or $peech. That's where that "essential facility" label gets problematic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

A bit of further reading on that subject

Social media companies that pick and choose content might be regarded as "publishers or speakers" themselves instead of just providers of a vehicle for publishing or $peech. That's where that "essential facility" label gets problematic.

Here's some perspective from a lawyer who specializes on Legal content involving social media platforms.  He starts digging in around minute 16 for the interested.  It's a mess :) 

But one thing I did appreciate from Mr. Leser - a reminder that one of the things that makes this complicated is that the US has, by far, the most liberal and expansive free speech legal framework in the western world.  And with that freedom come challenges such as this one.  Its far easier to simply arrest someone - say on a drug or tax charge - than it is to actually prevent them from going online complaining about being arrested.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Where am I normalizing cheeto?  And when have I ever claimed to be a "trumper"?  You must have me confused with someone else. 

But your reply is interesting and very telling....  So you are now essentially telling over half the country to just "piss off" because of how they voted and you now personally hate them for their politics???   Congrats.  Now if you really want to know who the true enemy of America is and who will bring about its eventual downfall...... go look in a mirror.  Because if you can hate your fellow citizens this much over a political disagreement, then our little experiment in democracy is doomed.  Maybe @Mismoyled Jiblet. was right after all in his recent snarky comment to me.  

One more time. Hillary won the popular vote by about 3M. Moreover, with 3rd party candidates, the fascist only 'won' with 46.1% of the vote and he is historically unpopular. Knowing what I think of the 2A you can rightfully imagine what I think of the EC. And then it turns out that Cheeto got that 46.1% with Russian help. Now I don't know about you but I don't like Putin. Or Cheeto.

Then it turns out that a lot of these 46.1%, like a fucking majority of them, are totally OK with the Putin thing. Who'd a thunk that? And yet you're telling me that I'm supposed to be good with it because ... why can't we all just get along? Yeah well fuck that. Again, you're on record as saying burn this bitch down, bitch referring to the GOP. But then you don't want criticism of the little bitches. Indeed you're very defensive of their rights in an arguing with the firemen while the bitches burn kind of way. Nope, not happening. Not with the program.

I hope my reply is interesting and I hope it is very telling.

id-rather-be-russian-than-democrat.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Greever said:

Mormons are not allowed to masturbate?

What kind of fucked up religion is that?

Can they at least eat bacon???

The only thing better than jacking yourself off is jacking yourself off when you know you shouldn't.  Sinful masturbation is so naughty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

This one is more direct and a bit more descriptive.

 

 

 

"Congress shall make no law". Private companies can do what they want in terms of policies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First they came for ...........................

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

The only thing better than jacking yourself off is jacking yourself off when you know you shouldn't.  Sinful masturbation is so naughty!

Bokononism:
Bokonon established Bokononism with Edward McCabe, his partner in ruling the island, when all the duo's efforts to raise the standard of living on the island failed, as a means to help the poor islanders escape their miserable reality by practicing a simple, useful religion. Arranging with McCabe that Bokononism be outlawed and eternally persecuted by the government, he went to live in the jungle, supposedly hiding, thus trying to lure the population into Bokononism as a kind of forbidden fruit.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Here's some perspective from a lawyer who specializes on Legal content involving social media platforms.  He starts digging in around minute 16 for the interested.  It's a mess :) 

But one thing I did appreciate from Mr. Leser - a reminder that one of the things that makes this complicated is that the US has, by far, the most liberal and expansive free speech legal framework in the western world.  And with that freedom come challenges such as this one.  Its far easier to simply arrest someone - say on a drug or tax charge - than it is to actually prevent them from going online complaining about being arrested.

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, but I don't have the patience to listen to political videos, nor to try to transcribe parts to which I want to respond. Is there a transcript? Or could you summarize?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

"Congress shall make no law". Private companies can do what they want in terms of policies.  

Hooray for that. But it's true right up until they are declared to be

On 8/8/2018 at 5:43 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

an "essential facility"


Which seems to me a pretty good reason to avoid letting politicians slap that label on any of them. Not the best reason, which would be regulatory capture, but a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, he's a lawyer - the summary material isn't particularly political.  The relevant part in that video starts at about minute 16 as I mentioned an lasts about 5 minutes.  The second video is longer and has a bit more detail but gets to the same point.

Summary?  Private companies have a long protected right of doing just about whatever they want with regards to the 1st and there's no current legal challenge working its way through the courts today that seems to have any real chance of threatening that position.  Further, based on the cases that have recently been brought up, its not clear there is even any grounds for anyone to really challenge the laws given how they've been decided over the decades which is why so many of the cases are being dismissed in pre-trial.  There's no 'there' there other than the threat of legal costs.

I'm sure he's looked into the regulatory capture question and I'll track it down eventually.  As he said, he gets asked about this stuff weekly but so much of it is 'settled law' that there's really not much to say.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

Private companies have a long protected right of doing just about whatever they want with regards to the 1st

Just about.

It's probably a private company (but an essential utility) that runs a phone line to Alex Jones' house. What do you suppose would happen if they shut it down because they don't like what he says?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Just about.

It's probably a private company (but an essential utility) that runs a phone line to Alex Jones' house. What do you suppose would happen if they shut it down because they don't like what he says?

The lizard people would emerge from the phone?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Just about.

It's probably a private company (but an essential utility) that runs a phone line to Alex Jones' house. What do you suppose would happen if they shut it down because they don't like what he says?

What about if he didn't pay the phone bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

One more time. Hillary won the popular vote by about 3M. Moreover, with 3rd party candidates, the fascist only 'won' with 46.1% of the vote and he is historically unpopular. Knowing what I think of the 2A you can rightfully imagine what I think of the EC. And then it turns out that Cheeto got that 46.1% with Russian help. Now I don't know about you but I don't like Putin. Or Cheeto.

Then it turns out that a lot of these 46.1%, like a fucking majority of them, are totally OK with the Putin thing. Who'd a thunk that? And yet you're telling me that I'm supposed to be good with it because ... why can't we all just get along? Yeah well fuck that. Again, you're on record as saying burn this bitch down, bitch referring to the GOP. But then you don't want criticism of the little bitches. Indeed you're very defensive of their rights in an arguing with the firemen while the bitches burn kind of way. Nope, not happening. Not with the program.

I hope my reply is interesting and I hope it is very telling.

id-rather-be-russian-than-democrat.jpg

You still haven't shown anywhere how I'm normalizing cheeto.  I don't disagree with most of what you say and NO, I am in no way happy about the russian interference or the deplorable's embrace of putin.

I am however completely good with "burn this bitch down".  Trumpo is taking a wrecking ball to the GOP and he's smoking out the shitbags who are more interested in party over country.  That is a god thing.  I hope the Mueller witch hunt investigation bears fruit of Il Cheetolini's collusion with the rooskies.  There will be a reckoning within the Grand ole Party and there will be winners and losers.  And if the GOP doesn't survive trump, then all the better.  Hopefully something better emerges from the ashes.  The sad fact is that despite this huge gift - the democRATs can't seem to find their way out of a wet paper bag.  I'm actually embarrassed for you all that you seem unable to make any hay out of arguably the most fertile season of political change and upheaval.  Given the climate trumples has fostered, you guys should be winning both houses by landslides.  That you are not speaks to your lack of a coherent message and vision.  Good luck with that.  You guys have been so out of power and marginalized for so long that you don't even know how to win anymore.  You all had both houses briefly in 2010 and you blew it with obamacare.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

 

I am however completely good with "burn this bitch down".  Trumpo is taking a wrecking ball to the GOP 

You are fooling yourself.  The GOP has gone over to Trump.  It's his party now.  Can you point to any significant GOP members that are truly critical of Trump besides the ones that are on their way out?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You still haven't shown anywhere how I'm normalizing cheeto.

When Republicans elect and support a fascist with the support of Russians and you say that we should all just get along and that we (us liberal scum) should win elections and then get basic facts about the last election wrong, yeah, that's normalizing. In order to be anti-fascist you actually have to be anti-fascist. You have to draw a line. And no, Cheeto is not taking a wrecking ball to the GOP. He is quite popular within the fascist party. Indeed he has made it the fascist party. BTW, remind me what the R in NRA stands for because I can't remember. It's not Rifle, I'm sure of that.

Yeah, fuck that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Traitorous Left will most definitely lose a Civil War.  How can they possibly compete with the Simple Jack La-Z-Boy Warrior Division, Diminutive-Cannon Artillery Squad?  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Traitorous Left will most definitely lose a Civil War.  How can they possibly compete with the Simple Jack La-Z-Boy Warrior Division, Diminutive-Cannon Artillery Squad?  

Do they muster in their Ridgeline?  Unbeatable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

  The sad fact is that despite this huge gift - the democRATs can't seem to find their way out of a wet paper bag.  I'm actually embarrassed for you all that you seem unable to make any hay out of arguably the most fertile season of political change and upheaval.  Given the climate trumples has fostered, you guys should be winning both houses by landslides.  That you are not speaks to your lack of a coherent message and vision.  Good luck with that. 

trump sucks, but not enough for Jeff to pull his head out of his ass. Maybe if you weren't so busy venting your misogyny on "stupid fucking nancy pelosi" "that cunt Dianne Feinstein" your anger at strawmen of "socialists" and "liberal California" you could find out what the democrats were running on.

Or maybe you need a stupid simple message, a simple slogan vision like "Make America Great Again" or "Vote Freedom First" and are part of the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Traitorous Left will most definitely lose a Civil War.  How can they possibly compete with the Simple Jack La-Z-Boy Warrior Division, Diminutive-Cannon Artillery Squad?  

They've already lost - they' just haven't realized it yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

 

trump sucks, but not enough for Jeff to pull his head out of his ass. Maybe if you weren't so busy venting your misogyny on "stupid fucking nancy pelosi" "that cunt Dianne Feinstein" your anger at strawmen of "socialists" and "liberal California" you could find out what the democrats were running on.

Or maybe you need a stupid simple message, a simple slogan vision like "Make America Great Again" or "Vote Freedom First" and are part of the problem

Don't forget he hates Hillary too.  Not sure if he likes any woman in power.  I think Jeff has mommy issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

49 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

FWIW, he's a lawyer -

he's a shill for Google & Facebook. believe what you want, but he's definitely a youtube lawer who's telling a group of internet dorks what they want to hear so he can build an audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Civil war. Hahaha! We have beer and brats so it'll never happen. Keep hoping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, austin1972 said:

Civil war. Hahaha! We have beer and brats so it'll never happen. Keep hoping.

I hope you're right, but, I've got a nagging worry that it starts this weekend in DC, and will have multiple fronts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I hope you're right, but, I've got a nagging worry that it starts this weekend in DC, and will have multiple fronts. 

Ahh, hope for disaster springs eternal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I hope you're right, but, I've got a nagging worry that it starts this weekend in DC, and will have multiple fronts. 

I'm loading up my Honda Element with guns and ammo.  The good thing about an Element is its turning radius is tighter then the Ridgeline.  We can out maneuver them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spatial Ed said:

I'm loading up my Honda Element with guns and ammo.  The good thing about an Element is its turning radius is tighter then the Ridgeline.  We can out maneuver them.

You should go down the GW parkway and stage out of the parking lot just below chain bridge.  Take a canoe, you can cross over to the island - and be right across from Georgetown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Just about.

It's probably a private company (but an essential utility) that runs a phone line to Alex Jones' house. What do you suppose would happen if they shut it down because they don't like what he says?

Utilities are essentially regulated (see PUCO).  They are 'government' so his right to electricity is protected with regards to speech.  They can cut him off for not paying but they can't cut him off for being a douche.

If the government decided to regulate the Internet, then, in fact, Jones WOULD have more rights to say whatever he wants.... wouldn't that an ironic turn of events :)  It'll be interesting how all this squares with 'net neutrality' laws.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

 

trump sucks, but not enough for Jeff to pull his head out of his ass. Maybe if you weren't so busy venting your misogyny on "stupid fucking nancy pelosi" "that cunt Dianne Feinstein" your anger at strawmen of "socialists" and "liberal California" you could find out what the democrats were running on.

Or maybe you need a stupid simple message, a simple slogan vision like "Make America Great Again" or "Vote Freedom First" and are part of the problem

What are the Democrats running on?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What are the Democrats running on?  

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

Reasonably managed gov't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

Standing up to Saudi Arabia when they violate human rights and threaten Canada?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

Air that doesn't poison you.  Water you can drink

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Do they muster in their Ridgeline?  Unbeatable!

I don't think more than one Laz-Y-Boy fits into the back of a Ridgeline. And I doubt the certified load capacity is more than one redhat. Maybe they should ask Putin to send over some proper Babushka haulers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spatial Ed said:

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

conservation of resources. no "executive time".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

I'm loading up my Honda Element with guns and ammo.  The good thing about an Element is its turning radius is tighter then the Ridgeline.  We can out maneuver them.

Flank steak maneuver? You have the power. My car is 20' long but my grill heats up fast. My strategy is to BBQ party my way out of a civil war with my cattle arsenal.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

Protecting the environment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, Why the fuck would the Dems need a National Message at the moment?

 

All politics are local, said some pretty wise old shit, and right now, let the local critters run their races. Trump and team seem determined to shoot themselves in the dick, so why not let them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they were dickless from the start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

Medicare for all.  Public education through the associates degree.  Limited defense spending.  Raising taxes on billionaires.  Fiscal responsibility.  Finance reform.  Election reform.  Racial equality.  Gender equality.  Did I miss anything?

Yes, you forgot to tell Tom Perez what the Democratic platform is, so far it seems all about free abortion rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, See Level said:

Yes, you forgot to tell Tom Perez what the Democratic platform is, so far it seems all about free abortion rights.

He's a bit of a problem.  In fact the Democratic platform needs some backbone and get back to their liberal roots.  Baby steps baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, See Level said:

Yes, you forgot to tell Tom Perez what the Democratic platform is, so far it seems all about free abortion rights.

Perhaps if you got your info from something other than FOX?https://www.vox.com/2018/5/21/17376128/democrats-better-deal-democracy-midterm-2018

The D's have always been the herding cats group, in the midterms it's more state focused.  In Texas it's let's send Ted Cruz home.  Beto is running one heck of a campaign, one stop at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Actually, Why the fuck would the Dems need a National Message at the moment?

 

All politics are local, said some pretty wise old shit, and right now, let the local critters run their races. Trump and team seem determined to shoot themselves in the dick, so why not let them?

are you suggesting  any of these "independents" vote party first, not candidate? oh dear. that couldn't be, could it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Olsonist said:

When Republicans elect and support a fascist with the support of Russians and you say that we should all just get along and that we (us liberal scum) should win elections and then get basic facts about the last election wrong, yeah, that's normalizing. In order to be anti-fascist you actually have to be anti-fascist. You have to draw a line. And no, Cheeto is not taking a wrecking ball to the GOP. He is quite popular within the fascist party. Indeed he has made it the fascist party. BTW, remind me what the R in NRA stands for because I can't remember. It's not Rifle, I'm sure of that.

Yeah, fuck that.

Actually he IS taking a wrecking ball to the GOP.  His popularity among the loyal actually makes it all the better.  That he's made it his party is all the better.  It means when the inevitable crash happens, he will take the whole party down with him.  He will have smoked out the uber douches in the party and the ones that bailed out early or who stayed and criticize him from within (Senators like Ben Sasse, etc) will be proven right.  Those who sided with him will be burned if he gets impeached.  And the party will have a day of reckoning.  It will either rebuild stronger and better and get back to its roots or it will die and hopefully something better will take its place.  The GOP historically was not and should not be again the party of fascists, teabaggers and evangelical anti-abortion bible thumpers.  If we could jettison those groups, as a start, and get back to solid moderate right politics - that would be a sight to behold. 

What you guys continually fail to see about trumples is that he is merely a symptom, not a cause, of the disease that has infected American political discourse.  And in so many ways, the rise of the cheeto Jesus is laid squarely at the feet of liberal identity politics.  The states that put him into the WH were all the ones that the Dems and Hillary completely took for granted.  You guys need to get your mind around the fact that he won because rust belt blue states voted for him because the liberal elites have completely turned their noses up at the white blue collar worker that was once the mainstay of the DemocRAT party.  They were the ones who were lied to by Bill Clinton and Obama and left behind in the glee to embrace globalization with promises of high tech jobs replacing the auto worker factory jobs.  It never happened because it was a lie from the start, and these "deplorables" had had enough.  

In many ways, I think of trump as a relief valve on American politics.  This has been building for a long time.  I think getting this out of our system now will avert a true civil war down the road.  Sometimes to keep a forest healthy, you have to do some controlled burning.  And there is lots of tinder and fuel built up.  I think Trump, especially if the Mueller investigation bears real fruit of Russian involvement in his campaign, will be the wakeup call to America before this gets out of control.  

We'll see....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff, you don't win plane crashes. Things aren't magically better after a plane crash. When a plane crashes, the bad passengers don't die and the good ones live. Everyone dies and if it hits a house, those people die too. Plane crashes, if no one has told you already, are bad things and they are to be avoided. This sort of populism was exactly what the founding fathers were worried about. It's what Franklin was thinking about when he said a republic if you can keep it.

Who is going to impeach Cheeto? Well, the Dems will be able to next year. Conviction in the Senate takes 2/3s and that won't happen. Dems may retake the Senate but they'll win purple seats. The remaining will be deep deep red and these guys aren't going to convict Cheeto. If the Dems impeach Cheeto are Republicans going to rise up en masse and yell, free at last free at last, thank God almighty, we're free at last. Umm, no.

Your approach is insanity. The vast majority of the Republican party has become addicted to this insanity. Alex Jones, Fox News, QAnon, end of days, Putin is better than Dems, .... Addicts are known for wanting more. They aren't moderates. This won't end well.

I saw my niece last week. Trumper. A beaten down woman. Ex makes niece look like a Dem. She's not going to change.

Plane crashes don't make people smarter.

these-smug-pilots-have-lost-touch-with-r

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Jeff, you don't win plane crashes. Things aren't magically better after a plane crash. When a plane crashes, the bad passengers don't die and the good ones live. Everyone dies and if it hits a house, those people die too. Plane crashes, if no one has told you already, are bad things and they are to be avoided. This sort of populism was exactly what the founding fathers were worried about. It's what Franklin was thinking about when he said a republic if you can keep it.

Who is going to impeach Cheeto? Well, the Dems will be able to next year. Conviction in the Senate takes 2/3s and that won't happen. Dems may retake the Senate but they'll win purple seats. The remaining will be deep deep red and these guys aren't going to convict Cheeto. If the Dems impeach Cheeto are Republicans going to rise up en masse and yell, free at last free at last, thank God almighty, we're free at last. Umm, no.

Your approach is insanity. The vast majority of the Republican party has become addicted to this insanity. Alex Jones, Fox News, QAnon, end of days, Putin is better than Dems, .... Addicts are known for wanting more. They aren't moderates. This won't end well.

I saw my niece last week. Trumper. A beaten down woman. Ex makes niece look like a Dem. She's not going to change.

Plane crashes don't make people smarter.

these-smug-pilots-have-lost-touch-with-r

I don’t completely disagree with you. What’s your alternative?  

And btw I never claimed there wouldn’t be some who are hurt.  I think there however is more harm in doing nothing and letting our slow societal slide continue. As I said, trump and this populism we are seeing is a symptom not a cause. Doing nothing and continuing to put bandaids on the open wound hoping to “not get anyone hurt” will likely IMHO to lead to far more suffering. Think of the countless lives we could have saved and the destruction prevented had we addressed the root causes leading up to the last civil war. There were plenty of warning signs in the preceding decades that led to that ugly period. There are signs now of the same thing. I’d rather see a few economically hurt now tha n see our country collapse into another conflagration. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 5:31 AM, cmilliken said:

It's an embedded viewer type file.  

https://www.axios.com/mark-warner-google-facebook-regulation-policy-paper-023d4a52-2b25-4e44-a87c-945e73c637fa.html

Here's the story from axios with the viewer.

A quick first pass reading doesn't look like it's too unfriendly to the 1st amendment.  There's some potential gov mandating about 'critical' infrastructure like Google maps.  That's more of a privacy issue.  They'd have to try and label bots as bots.  I'm not sure that's a problem either.  They're not saying the bots can't say what they want, just that you as the consumer have a right to know it's a spammed message.  The liability for defamation is a big deal - that's the same strategy as making Remington liable for gun injuries and would probably be the biggest 1st amendment charge.  And some increased visibility and data assertion rights.

Overall I don't think it's a bad start conceptually but the devil is in the details.

The previous excerpt of bad ideas that I posted seems to have been missing one:

Quote

Mandatory identity verification: The paper suggests forcing social media and tech platforms to authenticate user identities and only allow "authentic" accounts ("inauthentic accounts not only pose threats to our democratic process...but undermine the integrity of digital markets"), with "failure to appropriately address inauthentic account activity" punishable as "a violation of both SEC disclosure rules and/or Section 5 of the [Federal Trade Commission] Act."

LOL! The Manadatory Forum Outing Act! They might make me change my user name back to Tom Ray. Not that I'd care, but it would be funny to watch the anonymous cowards around here scurry for cover because they don't want their real names associated with shit they spout here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would change things no doubt. However worry not. In spite of the "rules," two posts disappeared this week that we're not about pedophilia but definitely political. Big Bro reads posts here. Count on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

The previous excerpt of bad ideas that I posted seems to have been missing one:

LOL! The Manadatory Forum Outing Act! They might make me change my user name back to Tom Ray. Not that I'd care, but it would be funny to watch the anonymous cowards around here scurry for cover because they don't want their real names associated with shit they spout here.

:)  I think the amount of posting would rather dramatically decrease.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would an account authenticity act require using real names? One person one account? Is this an actual bill someplace? Interesting. Almost as interesting as nobody wanting to talk about FB deleting 20% of their user accounts in the first quarter.

Any hints about what posts were deleted Blue Crab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What you guys continually fail to see about trumples is that he is merely a symptom, not a cause, of the disease that has infected American political discourse.

I've repeatedly said the electorate is the problem. Lazy, dumb, entitled. I don't think it's going to get better.

From a discourse perspective part of the problem is pedantic polarized partisans - people like Tom on the "it's not my problem" team or the R team or the D team - banging away on the same fucking ideological drum every day, no matter what issue, with the same incessant  message that are a big part of the problem (yeah I appreciate the irony). Clearly using his real name hasn't changed his behavior. Everyone  knows a couple crazy, often older, acquaintances or relatives who forward relentlessly partisan batshit crazy crap on Facebook in between puppy pictures under their real name.

Trump - because he's a hyper-partisan that does everything to fulfill the wishs of his party, and only his party (& himself of course) is pouring gasoline on this discourse dumpsterfire. It's really easy to dismiss most of what Trump does because of his incompetent crony administration and kneejerk reactionaryism. It's hard to find a defense of his administration that doesn't really on straight up bald faced lies, gross distortions or whatabout distractions. And so Trump is continuing the destruction of truth & the value of expertise.

Without a commitment to fact, to truth, to expertise - you ain't going to build anything. Trump is burning that down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites