RKoch

Mike Pence wants Space SEALS!

Yes, really. YCMTSU. What a maroon.

https://amp.slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/space-force-mike-pence-lays-out-donald-trumps-sci-fi-fantasy.html?__twitter_impression=true

"

The plan, Pence said Thursday, was for an operational Space Force by 2020, which would include, of course, its own band of elite operators—that’s right, space SEALs: “Just like special operations forces, a space operations force will draw men and women from across the military and will grow into their own unique and cohesive community.”

"

image.jpeg

Trump first floated this cockamamie idea a few months ago.

Pence will want to send space missionaries so we can convert all those pagan aliens

You can vote on their logo. I'm very disappointed there's not a Spacey McSpace Face logo....:(

Source: The Hill

space.force_.jpg

President Trump’s campaign on Thursday latched onto the administration's formal announcement of a proposed “Space Force,” asking supporters to vote on a logo that will be displayed on merchandise. 

An email from the campaign asks supporters to vote on one of six logos that will be emblazoned on future Trump campaign items. Users can pick a logo, then are prompted to make a donation to the Trump campaign. 

Each of the six proposed logos includes the phrase "Space Force," except for one that states "Mars Awaits" even though the administration's proposal focuses on defense and not space exploration. One option also appears to be a repurposed version of the NASA logo. 

The Department of Defense released a report on Thursday detailing the specifics on how it will carry out Trump's request to establish a Space Force by 2020.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/401148-trump-asks-supporters-to-vote-on-logo-for-space-force-gear

The next generation of Americans to confront the emerging threats in the boundless expanse of space will be wearing the uniform of the United States of America.

what an exercise in pure PR bullshittery for the MAGA morons.

• Like 1

Perhaps it could be sponsored by Good HouseKeeping with their Seal of Approval. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-e_RkZ36iTLOJeXonQTj

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

We can call stem starship troopers.

Fun book, movie had good boobies.  Stupid frikin idea, especially considering today's technology and deficit spending.

WTF? To have a ‘space force’ Pence would have to concede that the earth isn’t flat.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

WTF? To have a ‘space force’ Pence would have to concede that the earth isn’t flat.

Maybe he wants to invade heaven to secure it for the correct people.

5 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Fun book, movie had good boobies.  Stupid frikin idea, especially considering today's technology and deficit spending.

Denise Richards was wicked hot back then. That and Wild Things.

Just now, bridhb said:

Maybe he wants to invade heaven to secure it for the correct people.

‘Making space and heaven great again’ Lucky most of his supporters have those big foreheads so they can fit this all on the front of the cap.

Given the vacuum between the redhat's ears, perhaps Trump/Pence are putting them in touch with their ancestral origins?

• Like 1

Ahh, doesn’t anyone want to break it to trump at the whole satellite constellation can be taken down with some carefully placed sand? (Launched into counter orbit. Bye bye satellites. Bye bye seals)

A fleet of space grampuses would take those space seals out in an afternoon....

KHHHHAAAAAAAAN!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RKoch said:

You can vote on their logo. I'm very disappointed there's not a Spacey McSpace Face logo....:(

Source: The Hill

space.force_.jpg

President Trump’s campaign on Thursday latched onto the administration's formal announcement of a proposed “Space Force,” asking supporters to vote on a logo that will be displayed on merchandise. 

An email from the campaign asks supporters to vote on one of six logos that will be emblazoned on future Trump campaign items. Users can pick a logo, then are prompted to make a donation to the Trump campaign. 

Each of the six proposed logos includes the phrase "Space Force," except for one that states "Mars Awaits" even though the administration's proposal focuses on defense and not space exploration. One option also appears to be a repurposed version of the NASA logo. 

The Department of Defense released a report on Thursday detailing the specifics on how it will carry out Trump's request to establish a Space Force by 2020.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/401148-trump-asks-supporters-to-vote-on-logo-for-space-force-gear

30B9F055-227F-4CD1-AE4E-D15640821E91.jpeg

No problem getting the Russians to launch them of course.

Because America sure as hell can't do it any more.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Ahh, doesn’t anyone want to break it to trump at the whole satellite constellation can be taken down with some carefully placed sand? (Launched into counter orbit. Bye bye satellites. Bye bye seals)

Don’t give him ideas. 

28 minutes ago, Lark said:

30B9F055-227F-4CD1-AE4E-D15640821E91.jpeg

7C42A803-341F-43E1-941F-3EF09A953823.jpeg

26 minutes ago, mad said:

7C42A803-341F-43E1-941F-3EF09A953823.jpeg

Russian hooker spies in outer space! No wonder the Trump administration is so eager to go there. Any idea of how many Rubles the Space Farce is going to cost? 

A question.

Who "owns" space?

and if anyone "owns" any bit of space, which bit to they own?

is there some international agreement, like with seas/oceans..?

Is there "international Space" Like International waters?

I dont see how this could work.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

A question.

Who "owns" space?

and if anyone space, which bit to they own?

Yes

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

A question.

Who "owns" space?

and if anyone space, which bit to they own?

There is a decades old international agreement not to militarize space. IDK if there's any agreement about 'owning' space...I suspect not. I think it's like International Waters. 

Just now, Raz'r said:

Yes

link?

How can the USA position forces within their "space borders"?

1 minute ago, RKoch said:

There is a decades old international agreement not to militarize space. IDK if there's any agreement about 'owning' space...I suspect not. I think it's like International Waters. 

Hmm that's what I thought too.

Trump has been testing the marketability of a space force during rallies. He literally says "people LOVE space force" reacting to the crowds reaction. And, the logo contest is already planned to be part of a merchandise sales effort to fund his reelection campaign. Per ABC news just now.

Those logos look to be designed for kids' lunchboxes so should appeal to redhats.

47 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Any idea of how many Rubles the Space Farce is going to cost? 

$200k for the 15 page report on how to make the Space Force, I think this things good for billions in the end. Only question is how much Trump will siphon for himself and his cronys.

Meh just another distraction for the masses...meanwhile in Iran it's starting to get interesting.

BWAHAAHAHA...BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!! 'pence', you tacky, fkn' evil Clown..

15 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Meh just another distraction for the masses...meanwhile in Iran it's starting to get interesting.

oh what a distraction, 'tho.

:(  some people get so stuck in the "box" that they just won't see the simple elegance of it all.

When huntin'  season comes around,,   

( Boo Boo  is in mortal danger on 15 Aug ,, )

AND

( Endangered  Mountain Lions teeter closer to the brink of extinction starting 01 Sep )

:)  the simple elegance of it all

I can park the Quad Fiddy in geosynch  at precisely 90.0000 degrees true  spherical radius over moi house.

.:D  I don't even have to lug that heavy ass rifal anymore, 

, just the Assault Lawn Chair ( TWO cupholders )

, and, of course, the Two Essentials for said cupholders.

, and maybe a sammich and some muffins.

, the little blue tooth thingy that clips on my glasses projects a 3D ranging crosshair out in front of my chootin' eye.

, and does all the trigs betwixt my sittin' spot and the quad fiddy  ,

, and whatever I happen to be looking at.

If they are hiding, (most likely), 

I can switch to the hi-res cams on the quad fiddy and find out where.

, superimpose the crosshair on the overhead view,,

, and Huntin'  is getting a bit more comfortable,,  if I remembered to bring an umbrella too,,,

• Like 1

Who needs a wall when you can have a space force. Gee, isn’t that something shiny?

download (1).jpg

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Who needs a wall when you can have a space force. Gee, isn’t that something shiny?

Look! Squirrels! Space squirrels! What wall?

I’m reading ‘The Expanse!’

It’s all going to be the same old shit!

Nothing new! 

I mean why spend your life learning anything?  The same fucking troglodytes are always going to dictate what we do!

Because they can’t conceive a better way of doing  anything!  But they are willing to kill, maim, steal, lie, and cheat to keep things the way they want.  And face it, there are the alive and the dead!  

What Nazi said ‘when he heard the word ‘culture’ he grabbed for his gun?’  And laughed while said it?

49 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

space-hillary.jpg?w=590&h=391

You should ask your doctor for a selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor to deal with your hillary obsession.   Don't let your mental disease go untreated, it's as real as diabetes and other pathologies. 

Available SSRIs include fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), and sertraline (Zoloft). SSRIs or clomipramine should be advanced as tolerated to a therapeutic dose. ... SSRIs are generally preferred over clomipramine in treating OCD

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1934139-medication

47 minutes ago, Amati said:

What Nazi said ‘when he heard the word ‘culture’ he grabbed for his gun?’  And laughed while said it?

Always thought that was Leon Trotsky.

Anyway the USA doesn't need Russia or even Musk to get people into space. All they need is some balls and the Prez to break another treaty or 2.

I'm sure there'd be a lot of places lining up to be the base for the first Orion launch......

FKT

Wiki

SCHLAGETER: Good old Fritz! (Laughing.) No paradise will entice you out of your barbed wire entanglement!

THIEMANN: That's for damned sure! Barbed wire is barbed wire! I know what I'm up against.... No rose without a thorn!... And the last thing I'll stand for is ideas to get the better of me! I know that rubbish from '18 ..., fraternity, equality, ..., freedom ..., beauty and dignity! You gotta use the right bait to hook 'em. And then, you're right in the middle of a parley and they say: Hands up! You're disarmed..., you republican voting swine!—No, let 'em keep their good distance with their whole ideological kettle of fish ... I shoot with live ammunition! When I hear the word culture ..., I release the safety on my Browning!"

SCHLAGETER: What a thing to say!

THIEMANN: It hits the mark! You can be sure of that.

SCHLAGETER: You've got a hair trigger.

— Hanns Johst's Nazi Drama Schlageter. Translated with an introduction by Ford B. Parkes-Perret. Akademischer Verlag Hans-Dieter Heinz, Stuttgart, 1984.

42 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Anyway the USA doesn't need Russia or even Musk to get people into space. All they need is some balls and the Prez to break another treaty or 2.

I'm sure there'd be a lot of places lining up to be the base for the first Orion launch......

The USA hasn't had the capability to put a person in orbit for 7 years now.

Try to keep up.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The USA hasn't had the capability to put a person in orbit for 7 years now.

Try to keep up.

Do some reading & learn a bit of history. I'm well aware that the USA can't put anyone in orbit with their existing tech. That wasn't the point of the post.

FFS, it wasn't *that* obscure a reference.....

FKT

4 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:
5 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

space-hillary.jpg?w=590&h=391

You should ask your doctor for a selective serotonin re uptake inhibitor to deal with your hillary obsession.   Don't let your mental disease go untreated, it's as real as diabetes and other pathologies. 

Available SSRIs include fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), and sertraline (Zoloft). SSRIs or clomipramine should be advanced as tolerated to a therapeutic dose. ... SSRIs are generally preferred over clomipramine in treating OCD

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1934139-medication

It doesn't take much to wind you up. :D 

Cant you guys see the farce in this? A bunch of talking monkeys from a small part of earth floating around this marble suspended in infinity ready to fight their shadows. 

Too many drugs.....

11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

38918477_2111929222382885_15041746245422

I'd go much further. Free goods or services of any kind, not just the health care kind, is madness.

Sincerely,

Taxpayers

11 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

$200k for the 15 page report on how to make the Space Force, I think this things good for billions in the end. Only question is how much Trump will siphon for himself and his cronys.

I think I heard it was to be 8 billion on Nightly News yesterday evening.....

Tyson makes some excellent points. 

The other side of the coin, however:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chum said:

Shoot her up!

every night chum would get out on the roof, look up through his telescope at satellite Hillary, and rub one out along with thousands of other bitter old MAGAts.

the stupid part of "space force" is we have the capability already. this isn't "new" this is repackaging shit for the rubes, that's stupid, expensive, not conservative.

Aliens have been anally probing earthlings since the 1950s.  Its high time we take our anus back.  That's why Pence has such a hard on for them.  He's just tired of being anally probed.

59 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

every night chum would get out on the roof, look up through his telescope at satellite Hillary, and rub one out along with thousands of other bitter old MAGAts.

the stupid part of "space force" is we have the capability already. this isn't "new" this is repackaging shit for the rubes, that's stupid, expensive, not conservative.

Not bitter here, or old reslly. Or is that really old, really. My real dream would be to be able to see both of them.

I sincerely doubt Pence ever gets tired of being anally probed.

The idea of a military capability focused on defense in the zone beyond the atmosphere is a reasonable concept.  The idea of developing experts focused on the potential threats in that realm is reasonable.  What's NOT reasonable is creating another military bureacracy w/all the infighting and competition for budget that that entails.  We need to be going in the opposite direction, consolidating all our military capabilities into a single US Defense Force, keeping the best of breed for each capability needed to ensure our defense for the future, and then shrink the DoD budget ( or at least spend it more efficiently on other things) 

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The idea of a military capability focused on defense in the zone beyond the atmosphere is a reasonable concept.  The idea of developing experts focused on the potential threats in that realm is reasonable.  What's NOT reasonable is creating another military bureacracy w/all the infighting and competition for budget that that entails.  We need to be going in the opposite direction, consolidating all our military capabilities into a single US Defense Force, keeping the best of breed for each capability needed to ensure our defense for the future, and then shrink the DoD budget ( or at least spend it more efficiently on other things) 

Yeah, we could call them the Air Force, which someone didn't tell Pence/Trump that they have had that mission since 1947.  Better than creating a new Pentagon division, why not just relabel it the Air and Space Force.  There's already a museum and everyone gets a new patch for their uniform.

4 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I guess no one told him the Air Force does this now :rolleyes:

* I can tell you anytime you rename or reorganize ANYTHING in government, it is like burning $100 in the fireplace to keep warm.

34 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

ATM, we have no vehicle to get people in space, and the technology of our last vehicle dated to the disco era. To go to the ISS we have to Uber with the Russians. 

Further, we can't even protect our own data on the Internet,  and doing so takes precedence over a Space Farce, IMO. 

So yea, basically this is just shit to fire up the rubes and distract them from the wall that's not being built. 

What will the Space Wall look like?  And will it keep the alien housekeepers out?

5-Rogue-One.jpg

10 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I guess no one told him the Air Force does this now :rolleyes:

* I can tell you anytime you rename or reorganize ANYTHING in government, it is like burning $100 in the fireplace to keep warm.

Yup.... Seems like a "legacy building" intent to me. 

ONION: Mike Pence Details Plans For Angel-Guided Defense Weapons System

Pentagon Officials Listen In Silence As Mike Pence Details Plans For Angel-Guided Defense Weapons System 

DkQIochXcAAJ40h.jpg

WASHINGTON—Feigning polite interest throughout the 90-minute meeting, Pentagon officials from all five branches of the armed forces listened in silence Thursday as Mike Pence presented his detailed plans for a state-of-the-art angel-guided weapons system. “Though we are grateful for the vice president’s interest in national defense, the prospect of using seraphim-targeted bombs and heretic-seeking missiles to protect America from hostile sinners is not feasible, nor indeed useful, at this time,” said Secretary of Defense James Mattis, graciously thanking Pence for his hand-drawn schematics of a proposed Holy Ghost cloaking device that would allow planes to fly undetected above the homes of prostitutes and thieves. “Obviously, we cannot plan our defense against North Korea around the face of God appearing before Kim Jong-un and turning him into a pillar of salt, but it’s not like I can tell the vice president of the United States to stop talking. Luckily, he wound down after explaining how the Gabriel’s Trumpet Alert System worked, which is just as well, because apparently the idea behind it is that we would just all ascend bodily into Heaven, which in many ways contradicts our current strategic goals.” The National Guard, however, may consider Pence’s contingency plans for non-lethal counters to possible civil unrest, saying the idea of a crowd-dispersing holy water cannon is “not completely without merit.” 

https://politics.theonion.com/pentagon-officials-listen-in-silence-as-mike-pence-deta-1828231250

11 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Do some reading & learn a bit of history. I'm well aware that the USA can't put anyone in orbit with their existing tech. That wasn't the point of the post.

FFS, it wasn't *that* obscure a reference.....

FKT

I have a much better than average grasp of history - particularly in the context of this place - but I don't have the faintest idea WTF you are talking about.

Apparently it WAS that obscure a reference.

So if we are going to get a Space Force, we will need another academy.  Hmmmmmm.  Any ideas?   How about Starfleet Academy.  Nice ring to it.  To graduate you must face the Kobayashi Maru scenario.  Only one cadet has ever successfully completed it.

1 hour ago, Spatial Ed said:

So if we are going to get a Space Force, we will need another academy.  Hmmmmmm.  Any ideas?   How about Starfleet Academy.  Nice ring to it.  To graduate you must face the Kobayashi Maru scenario.  Only one cadet has ever successfully completed it.

Need something a little more fascist like Fleet Academy.

14 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Always thought that was Leon Trotsky.

FKT

And the franchise for Dyson vacuums..... I'm sure they work just great in space

-DSK

Here's the Space Cadet entry in the big military parade D'Fuhrer has called for in November.

cba3408d353600eafaa1e2fc9500d40b.jpg

• Like 2

Pence just revealed the prototype space defense system.

PlasticGenuineFawn-size_restricted.gif

19 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

A question.

Who "owns" space?

and if anyone "owns" any bit of space, which bit to they own?

Is there "international Space" Like International waters?

I dont see how this could work.

Well according to some govt office in the US, I own the 5th star west of alfacentauri...  So if trump ever gets close to that my Frigging deathstar force is gonna take his ass out...  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Well according to some govt office in the US, I own the 5th star west of alfacentauri...  So if trump ever gets close to that my Frigging deathstar force is gonna take his ass out...  

Kolob has been deemed tax exempt for interplanetary religious reasons.  Space Force will work with Session's Religious Liberty Task Force to preserve it.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/site_tour/remote_hypervelocity_test_laboratory/micrometeoroid_and_orbital_debris.html

The problem with militarizing space is any power capable of launching a satellite gets a dreadnought, and can deprive everybody else of low earth orbit.   It’s called the Kessler effect.   Smash a few satellites.  The debris shield makes great birdshot and lasts for years, slowly shattering more satellites.    The power that uses space the least ‘wins’.    That wouldn’t be the US.   

22 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The moron should have checked with his Flat Earth Experts:

Flat Earthers Call Trump's Space Force Idea ‘Impossible’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/flat-earthers-call-trumps-space-force-idea-impossible?ref=home

In terms of nomenclature, isn't it in poor taste to use the word "force" again. You have the Army, Navy, United States Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Why does the Air Force get shit on here with Space Force. Why not Space Army or Space Navy or Space Guard or the United States Space Cadets? Space Force will not stand.

I think he said "Space eels"....

elsa_eel_by_stevenrussellblack-d9z0rbc.j