Sign in to follow this  
.22 Tom

1999 Woodwind Kurt Hughes Custom Catamaran

A friend is considering buying this boat for his business:

1999 Woodwind Kurt Hughes Custom Catamaran

It's suitable for the job but awfully darn expensive. And in Belize.

Does anyone here know the boat, or at least know why the owner might think it's worth so much? Maybe it is?

Check out the advanced search feature on yachtworld.com and see what other 65' cats are selling for. That price doesn't seem too out of line - but it's hard to tell because the pictures appear to have been taken with a 1973 digital camera.

• Like 1

If your friend is seriously considering making such an investment I’d think he should directly contact Kurt Hughes. Depending on the last time he’s seen the boat, maybe pay to fly him down.  There’s been a bit of muck slinging on SA amongst folks over designs and builds,  which I think vary from helpful to noisy (I find the multihull forum to be the least- douchey forum, but douches reside) in any case the time I contacted Kurt regarding his personal knowledge of a boat I was pursuing, I found his feedback timely, informed and helpful. He let me know about an issue that I probably wouldn’t have discovered on my own, though it wouldn’t have been a deal breaker. I ultimately lost out to another bidder, only because they were able to bring cash and I had contingencies, but it did inform my offer. +1 Zonker those pictures suck for an 850k advert. Should we start a brokerage in Belize with my iPhone? 

• Like 2