dylan winter

Kansas Primary shenaningans beginning to smell a bit fishy for Republicans

Recommended Posts

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/politics/kansas-kobach-colyer-votes.html

In a letter, Mr. Colyer said some clerks had been provided incorrect information about which ballots to count, and he urged Mr. Kobach to appoint the state attorney general to handle future questions from local election workers.

“It has come to my attention that your office is giving advice to county election officials — as recently as a conference call yesterday — and you are making public statements on national television which are inconsistent with Kansas law and may serve to suppress the vote in the ongoing Kansas primary election process,” Mr. Colyer wrote.

 

100 missed votes already appeared to erode the Kobach lead which was 199 votes

naughty boys

 

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A politician using they system to his advantage. Imagine!

 

(note the non-partisan nature of the post)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

NPR this AM reported that Korbach agreed last night to recuse himself at the Governor's request. 

after, of course, saying he wouldn't recuse himself and there was no reason he should recuse himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the party of corruption has a corruption problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

So the party of corruption has a corruption problem?

You are nieve at best.

Both sides are corrupt and have a corruption problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The irony of possible voter fraud involving the guy President Trump picked to investigate “widespread voter fraud” is simply delicious. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The irony of possible voter fraud involving the guy President Trump picked to investigate “widespread voter fraud” is simply delicious. 

SOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The irony of possible voter fraud involving the guy President Trump picked to investigate “widespread voter fraud” is simply delicious. 

He reaps what he sows.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

after, of course, saying he wouldn't recuse himself and there was no reason he should recuse himself.

The point is, the system worked in this case, even if it needed a bit of prodding.   That's worth noting, unless of course, you're just looking for something to fuss about, in which case, carry on - there's a smorgasboard! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the system worked properly that Nazi cocksucker never would have been in that position in the first place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The point is, the system worked in this case, even if it needed a bit of prodding.   That's worth noting, unless of course, you're just looking for something to fuss about, in which case, carry on - there's a smorgasboard! 

no, it didn't, because we already had the appearance of impropriety. Of course that's only a big deal if there's a D behind the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

no, it didn't, because we already had the appearance of impropriety. Of course that's only a big deal if there's a D behind the name.

Imagine if these shenanigans had happened in Chicago?  Oh wait, the right wing goes nuts when it happens in Chicago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

no, it didn't, because we already had the appearance of impropriety. Of course that's only a big deal if there's a D behind the name.

Of course - because the other guy's corruption isn't working in your interest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Of course - because the other guy's corruption isn't working in your interest.  

this is Republican on Republican crime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

this is Republican on Republican crime

Is it really a crime?  I prefer comeuppance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:
14 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

no, it didn't, because we already had the appearance of impropriety. Of course that's only a big deal if there's a D behind the name.

 

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Of course - because the other guy's corruption isn't working in your interest.  

this is Republican on Republican crime

If you can't keep up with your own replies, ya may need to slow down and stop slobbering on the keyboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

no, it didn't, because we already had the appearance of impropriety. Of course that's only a big deal if there's a D behind the name.

and it was resolved and the system worked in this case only because it was amongst Republicans. If this was Florida and between Rs+Ds then 173,000 registered voters would be wiped off the rolls by the Secretary of State and W's co-chair in Florida.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

and it was resolved and the system worked in this case only because it was amongst Republicans. If this was Florida and between Rs+Ds then 173,000 registered voters would be wiped off the rolls by the Secretary of State and W's co-chair in Florida.

There were all of those angry Republican aides they flew down from DC concerned Florida citizens protesting after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Is it really a crime?  I prefer comeuppance.

It should be classified as one of the worst crimes.

Tampering with elections is fucking treason IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It should be classified as one of the worst crimes.

Tampering with elections is fucking treason IMO.

Tis the season for treason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Naw - after conversing with everyone the last couple days, I'm beginning to understand the attraction of pre-emptory strikes.  

 

I agree, which is why we must have a Space Force now. Any day the aliens are going to come and attack the White House, we must be prepared!

I doubt Will Smith would accept a role in Space Force, too bad because we really need his skills. We can probably get Jeff Goldblum though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I agree, which is why we must have a Space Force now. Any day the aliens are going to come and attack the White House, we must be prepared!

I doubt Will Smith would accept a role in Space Force, too bad because we really need his skills. We can probably get Jeff Goldblum though.

Laugh while you can....

tumblr_mpfqkpmvvv1qm3ypqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

A politician using they system to his advantage. Imagine!

(note the non-partisan nature of the post)

Not in the greatest country on earth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/politics/kansas-kobach-colyer-votes.html

In a letter, Mr. Colyer said some clerks had been provided incorrect information about which ballots to count, and he urged Mr. Kobach to appoint the state attorney general to handle future questions from local election workers.

“It has come to my attention that your office is giving advice to county election officials — as recently as a conference call yesterday — and you are making public statements on national television which are inconsistent with Kansas law and may serve to suppress the vote in the ongoing Kansas primary election process,” Mr. Colyer wrote.

 

100 missed votes already appeared to erode the Kobach lead which was 199 votes

naughty boys

 

D

Oh please 100 votes? here in San Diego we had 117% participation in our last election... If your gonna cheat do it the Chicago and San Diego way, cheat big!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Yes, the Brooks Brothers Riot. I'm sure Guy will be along shortly to lecture us on violence.

I'm sure he'll repubsplain how the Democrats initiated violence in the Brooks Bros Riot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

You are nieve at best.

Both sides are corrupt and have a corruption problem. 

th.jpeg.61787989f9b798ec1c7c4d58b95457e7.jpeg If only...you could spell naive, or that you looked like Neve.

Or that you gave up on this interminable and fraudulent "whataboutism".  Going from 8 years of squeaky-clean Obama administration to the current cesspool of the Orange-u-tan's corrupt world is head-spinning.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help we out here. If we look at the big picture here, isn't it better if the Dems get to run against Kobach than the other guy who might appear a more reasonable choice to middle-of-the-road Kansas voters (there must be some of them)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

Oh please 100 votes? here in San Diego we had 117% participation in our last election... If your gonna cheat do it the Chicago and San Diego way, cheat big!

cite?  Using Trumps Fibbit? 

Alta_Front_white.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brownback was a shit and Kobach is warmed over shit from someone who had extra jalapeños at Taco Bell. Now some folks here want to burn this bitch down but at some point we just have to feel sorry for Kansas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Brownback was a shit and Kobach is warmed over shit from someone who had extra jalapeños at Taco Bell. Now some folks here want to burn this bitch down but at some point we just have to feel sorry for Kansas.

I feel sorry for the small town schmucks Kobach scammed with his anti-illegal bullshit.

I'll feel sorry for Kansas when they realize that as an unappealing state to live in to most they need to open their arms. Until then, fuck 'em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

Oh please 100 votes? here in San Diego we had 117% participation in our last election... If your gonna cheat do it the Chicago and San Diego way, cheat big!

117%?  Are you Donald Trump Jr?  He posts fabricated shit like that.  We call that FAKE NEWS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No shit - it's a phenomenal turnout when the count reaches 70%.

117% is pure Trumpian grade lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Left Shift said:

nieve

Nieve definition, a clenched or closed hand; fist.^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, RKoch said:

I'm sure he'll repubsplain how the Democrats initiated violence in the Brooks Bros Riot. 

The Brooks Brothers Riot was a brilliant bit of Doggy Styling to keep the wrong votes from being counted. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 5:08 PM, SloopJonB said:

No shit - it's a phenomenal turnout when the count reaches 70%.

117% is pure Trumpian grade lies.

Not only that, the 117% comment was proved to be BS in another thread, but he keeps repeating the lie. 

It's the GOP way.... even if you're proven to be lying, double down and keep going!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 11:25 AM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Help we out here. If we look at the big picture here, isn't it better if the Dems get to run against Kobach than the other guy who might appear a more reasonable choice to middle-of-the-road Kansas voters (there must be some of them)?

Much as I take your tactical angle here, which would be:  (I'm guessing)     Better to run AGAINST a candidate that is Clearly just a Deranged Monster,

Well...

1) Despite Roy Moore's defeat,  I don't know if that holds true anymore - better not to have to take the chance.

2) Anything that diminishes and repudiates that guy is a good thing.  Yea, Kansas ?

 

and while I'm At it,  since I TRY to stay out of here... This business of:  " But they all do it "   Now,  I'm not calling anybody a Ruskie Troll or anything but you REALLY ought to save that stinky bait for a hill worth dying on.  Just Chris Corbach ?    heh.

Not to get off on a Rant here, but...

Just know that when you use that canard, that it is just a simple semantic fallacy, comparing the specific (this particular thing is wrong) to the universal (were all gonna die someday so why not X?) and is the basis for all manner of Propagandistic bullshit.  Its the essential element of principle that makes things like :    "Nothing is true and everything is possible"  (a book every voter everywhere ought to read. Look it up.  Read It ) - and not at all unrelated to a lot of human behavior conditioning efforts from marketing tobacco to violent insurrections.  It is a blatant line of crap in the vein of saying "Fake News" on a regular basis.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Nothing-True-Everything-Possible-Surreal/dp/1610396006

 

 

  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Six more incumbent Republican state House members in Oklahoma lost their jobs Tuesday, and all six voted against a tax hike used to fund a teacher pay raise.

The tax hike on fuel, cigarettes and energy production was used to pay for an average teacher pay raise of $6,100 annually, the first salary increase in a decade. But 19 House Republicans voted against it, and many of them are paying for it at the ballot box.

Of the 19 House Republicans who voted against the tax hike, eight have now been defeated. Seven others decided not to run. Only four have advanced to the general election.

Incumbent representatives who lost Tuesday are: Reps. Bobby Cleveland, Jeff Coody, Travis Dunlap, George Faught, Mike Ritze and Tess Teague, according to complete but unofficial results.

http://www.therepublic.com/2018/08/28/ok-oklahoma-primary-runoff-the-latest-2/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's in Okie - Trump Central.

Things are looking up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoopsies.  

The Kansas Supreme Court has ruled that a grand jury must be convened to investigate whether Secretary of State Kris Kobach intentionally botched voter registration in the state in the 2016 elections. 

 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/2/17811840/kris-kobach-voter-registration-kansas-governor-race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is simply not true that, for corruption, "both sides do it" and "they are the same" - which is always presented without credible citations. 

In fact, the R's are responsible for at least 80% of political corruption - and the same goes for gerrymandering, fake news, negative campaigning, and just about all of our other political ills. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

 

That's not even including Shitstain's kakocracy.

Sourced https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_scandals_in_the_United_States.

It's a little early to include those results.  There are still a lot of precincts that are still open for that calculation....  Let all the votes come in, along with the absentee ballots from Russia.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now