Spatial Ed

Suspend them without pay!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/donald-trump-blasts-nfl-players-who-knelt-during-national-anthem-threatens-suspension-without-pay/

So much for the 1st amendment.

"The NFL players are at it again – taking a knee when they should be standing proudly for the National Anthem. Numerous players, from different teams, wanted to show their 'outrage' at something that most of them are unable to define. They make a fortune doing what they love. Be happy, be cool! A football game, that fans are paying soooo much money to watch and enjoy, is no place to protest. Most of that money goes to the players anyway. Find another way to protest. Stand proudly for your National Anthem or be Suspended Without Pay!"

"The Negros Should Stand!" (Likely Trump Tweet)

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

"The Negros Should Stand!" (Likely Trump Tweet)

He would have used the other N word.

Mr. Trump and all of his MAGGOT Minions should take an oath in blood to never watch or attend an NFL game again.

That'll teach those uppity niggras.

It will also make attending an NFL game a lot more pleasant for the rest of us. 

A true American who cherishes the freedom and liberty symbolized by the National Anthem and the flag, must stand and show unflinching allegiance.  Resistance will not be tolerated!

Freedom isn't free.  We must therefore force every American to give up their freedom to pay for it.

You vill stand und salute der Furhrer, or else!

7 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

You vill stand und salute der Furhrer, or else!

maxresdefault.jpg

22 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/donald-trump-blasts-nfl-players-who-knelt-during-national-anthem-threatens-suspension-without-pay/

So much for the 1st amendment.

"The NFL players are at it again – taking a knee when they should be standing proudly for the National Anthem. Numerous players, from different teams, wanted to show their 'outrage' at something that most of them are unable to define. They make a fortune doing what they love. Be happy, be cool! A football game, that fans are paying soooo much money to watch and enjoy, is no place to protest. Most of that money goes to the players anyway. Find another way to protest. Stand proudly for your National Anthem or be Suspended Without Pay!"

Hey @Raz'r - I presume you are now going to counsel specious ed on his continued misunderstanding of the 1st amendment and who it applies to.  Right?

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Hey @Raz'r - I presume you are now going to counsel specious ed on his continued misunderstanding of the 1st amendment and who it applies to.  Right?

It applies to Trump...

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It applies to Trump...

No it doesn't unless he has the power to suspend them without pay or force the owners to do so.  Can he do that?

I have a reasonable solution to this crisis.  Just don’t play the anthem at domestic sporting events. Just like it has no business being played a most funerals, or at church, or at school.   It has no business there.  Most in the stands view it as an opportune time to get a hot dog and a beer.  Practically no one in club level pays any heed.

Save the anthem for political events,  military funerals (if desired) and international sporting events.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

If the Most Successful Businessman in the GOP were [still] the owner of a professional football team, and not President, he could tell football players not to kneel during the anthem without stepping on their First Amendment rights.  Because his football league went tits up, and he had good enough ratings to be President, he cannot tell them not to express their views, in furtherance of his effort to New York their protest of disproportionate death rates for black folks interacting with po po into a protest against the Amurican flag, the Amurican military, the Amurican pie (apple, btw), etc.  

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

straw-man-meme.jpg

... unless y’all can show where someone is saying that Cheeto is violating the players 1A rights. He’s undermining our values to be sure and I’ll say that. But the players’ 1A rights are intact, unoffended and well used.

If you’re rusty:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BTW, I remember y’all having a weird argument where I, as anti fascist, was violatin’ the fascists’ 1A rights. Never could understand that either.

5 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

You poor, stupid and ignorant ex-flyboy.  No wonder you washed out of the academy.   When the head of the government calls on players to be suspended without pay, its a 1st amendment issue.  He is the government, top dog, the commander in chief.  He has called for them to be suspended because of their protests.  You really ought to consider a new career, one that doesn't require deep thought.  Perhaps something in the discount retail arena.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If the Most Successful Businessman in the GOP were [still] the owner of a professional football team

He would question whether it would be cheaper to just purchase the players vs leasing them on a yearly basis.  

What, it ended in 1865?   Are you sure?  The 13th Amendment?  Is that why 13 is considered unlucky?

One solution might be to go fix the problems about which Karpernick started the protesting 

3 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

One solution might be to go fix the problems about which Karpernick started the protesting 

How about a moment of silence where everybody takes a knee to honor the negros shot by cops that week.

2 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

How about a moment of silence where everybody takes a knee to honor the negros shot by cops that week.

You can call it the "Chicago knee"

41 minutes ago, Keith said:

You can call it the "Chicago knee"

Ferguson knee.

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I have a reasonable solution to this crisis.  Just don’t play the anthem at domestic sporting events. Just like it has no business being played a most funerals, or at church, or at school.   It has no business there.  Most in the stands view it as an opportune time to get a hot dog and a beer.  Practically no one in club level pays any heed.

Save the anthem for political events,  military funerals (if desired) and international sporting events.

……...or, just don't show them on TV, Pan the crowd, pan the flag, ignore the kneelers and keep them off the airwaves...……...

3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Stop making sense. It is frowned upon these days.

What I love about Trump is that he wanted any athlete who who took a knee fired.

Whether it cost that team wins, as far as I can tell.

Which is why Trump is a loser.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:22 AM, Spatial Ed said:

He would have used the other N word.

Actually, classifying people based on skin color would be politically correct. The N word is only politically correct when used by a black person of African origin. Not sure of the exact ratio but must be at least 50% otherwise it's considered hate speech. Sorry for the confusion.