More Cowbell2

Sunset pictures

Recommended Posts

And another one, another day, looking more towards the North, have heaps but the resolution is too high, don’t know how to change it from my iPad library.

C4CD7C59-325F-4DBB-AB18-1CAA6C075FB8.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.aa267f59bdf50fdbe72840ecda7856ec.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.517f3e6cf88a5cc284ab82adbcc98578.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

por de sol.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil - my hometown

2ac30d_726879821bb14274623702501834535d.2ac30d_d968c70fdd8c1fd0d07ff684a578dfcc.2ac30d_057ad70bbc91f7b296249e7b48bb0395.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this afternoon ..... 

image.png.35cdb3295f648b7ba7b0af1ed5c987ba.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one day of the year the sun lines up with a small dip in the mountain and the end of my jetty.

2D5BCE0D-6FBD-4775-B4A9-AC243272323C.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Tom said:

The one day of the year the sun lines up with a small dip in the mountain and the end of my jetty.

2D5BCE0D-6FBD-4775-B4A9-AC243272323C.jpeg

Do you have a lot of Druids hanging out there around now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SunSet Cliffs ..... DAGO Today

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 12:48 AM, DA-WOODY said:

SunSet Cliffs ..... DAGO Today

 

Nice Woodrow, but my Denny’s squirts cost me 20 bucks there the other day! 20 bucks for the Grand Slam! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunset from the jetty at my digs in Grenada West Indies this evening 

EEF92FE4-9BEC-43E9-9A10-47256CA3918E.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday's sunset at WVYC Pumpkin Bowl. 200 junior competitors and 165 boats. Ya, it's become a big deal.

_IGP4339.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly yachty but that's Santa Cruz Is. to the left and Santa Rosa to the right from the Santa Barbara foothills, late December.

Calif%2007%20020_zpsv7pydsqd.jpg

 

And one winter shot from out my back door...

Basin%20Ski%20Feb%2009%20015_zps5n3dzvwn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from last Spring overlooking the Conejo Grade with Santa Cruz Island lower left.  Reminds me of the great Specials song, "On the wings of a dove"

771908466_dovesunset.jpg.0a73968f93ad5dd4a6a98c85f19c4375.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorites. Sunset (or is it sunrise) over Pangnirtung Fjord in the Canadian arctic. It was midnightish in July when the sun never really sets.

pangfjordWN.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last Monday evening in Grenada before I head back to Africa next weekend, taken 90 minutes ago.

BE4A68F4-6F30-4F90-ABA3-7682DD4C0A1E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunset off Sandringham tonight November 8. How blessed are we who sail?

SAM_6796.thumb.JPG.c214063a1be56884d00265cc33be4c8b.JPG 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sunrise. Nove Scotia is out there somewhere

 

 

image.png.c622f4eb4cd369574b3f38d7b9c99fb9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.73389ffcaa8ca6a24889a1d0dc8cdc35.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't gonna do this, but I caved....

52858217_Sigiriya-Pidurangala042.thumb.JPG.8dbeb14e24618cea08a7ce54c86306a5.JPG

Bendiwewa, Polonnarua, Sri Lanka

IMG_6083.thumb.JPG.1ab19b5c50ed6c07509fab61a90e4e57.JPG

From the wall of the Dutch fort in Galle, Sri Lanka

841625078_SiemReapDay5057.thumb.JPG.24ef83d084011883c3b904afaf6f6593.JPG

Tonle Sap, Cambodia

629225185_PhuQuoc015.thumb.JPG.ce71d305766dd4a6691fabf40dcadd80.JPG

Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newfoundland summer 2017

enhance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going off in NorCal, overlooking the Sacramento valley from the west.

48170953_1537823449683282_7828233764235902976_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2res8t4.jpg

Taken by my daughter in Haiti while working in the earthquake relief effort.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Porto Alegre, southern Brazil, today.

IMG-20181212-WA0016.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ishmael said:

Ballet Bay, looking at Texada Island, BC

G2hGaTV.jpg

One of my favourite places on the plant there Ish. Hey! You are in my anchoring spot right there; near to the derelict fish farm. I anchor there so I can we who's coming up the channel. Great holding ground too. Never blown out of there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 6:37 PM, Ishmael said:

Ballet Bay, looking at Texada Island, BC

G2hGaTV.jpg

Where is Ballet bay? I'm assuming Nelson island? Google earth shows a Billings bay, is that the same?

I could go get my Waggoners but it's way out in the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmiller said:

Where is Ballet bay? I'm assuming Nelson island? Google earth shows a Billings bay, is that the same?

I could go get my Waggoners but it's way out in the shop.

hRm2pob.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, the sky is on fire in my town lately (this is last night)...................our pier, LA Harbor...............and Catalina off in the distance.

48220572_1270166533136009_5673226342850625536_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A different perspective then your typical SA sea level shot, from 12K  looking at 13K. Nearly sunset.

 

20181216_162029.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 5:19 PM, Ishmael said:

hRm2pob.jpg

 

That's it. It's a little tricky to get into for the first time. A first timer might miss entirely thinking there's nothing there. Most people head for Fox Is. and the marine park at Musket Is. or similar. Depending on the tide I'll approach Kelly Is. from the south. Then hanging a left north to miss the Nocturn Is./rocks to the right (NE). Then when clearing them I usually hang a hard right into Ballet Bay proper. I've seen people do a shortcut between Nocturn and Nelson Is. but I draw 7'6" and always aware of that. Might be a bit of a chicken but? If you look at that shot its done right where that "66" island and the two small islands to the NE. I go out the back too if I'm heading Telescope Passage and beyond. I usually find clams on the back side but you have to hunt for them as the beaches are very small. Lots of oysters if they are open. Done the walk over to Hidden Basin lots. John Buchan use too own or has that bay to SW in Ballet Bay proper.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

That's it. It's a little tricky to get into for the first time. A first timer might miss entirely thinking there's nothing there. Most people head for Fox Is. and the marine park at Musket Is. or similar. Depending on the tide I'll approach Kelly Is. from the south. Then hanging a left north to miss the Nocturn Is./rocks to the right (NE). Then when clearing them I usually hang a hard right into Ballet Bay proper. I've seen people do a shortcut between Nocturn and Nelson Is. but I draw 7'6" and always aware of that. Might be a bit of a chicken but? If you look at that shot its done right where that "66" island and the two small islands to the NE. I go out the back too if I'm heading Telescope Passage and beyond. I usually find clams on the back side but you have to hunt for them as the beaches are very small. Lots of oysters if they are open. Done the walk over to Hidden Basin lots. John Buchan use too own or has that bay to SW in Ballet Bay proper.    

Can you get a deep draft boat into hidden basin? Looking at google earth there's a few boats in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Can you get a deep draft boat into hidden basin? Looking at google earth there's a few boats in there.

I've never tried it bmiller. I thought about it but there is big jeebuz rock right in the channel and shoaly. A tidal/current area so you have to be paying full attention. The coast guard doesn't like it if you are being an idiot Better to dinghy over that way from Fox or Ballet Bay. I think I 've done that years ago. Pretty I think but it all water, rocks and Xmas trees like most places on that coast. I have my own little one boat coves here and there so I don't hunt for them. I've known to sit in Ballet Bay for almost a week.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maxx Baqustae said:

I've never tried it bmiller. I thought about it but there is big jeebuz rock right in the channel and shoaly. A tidal/current area so you have to be paying full attention. The coast guard doesn't like it if you are being an idiot Better to dinghy over that way from Fox or Ballet Bay. I think I 've done that years ago. Pretty I think but it all water, rocks and Xmas trees like most places on that coast. I have my own little one boat coves here and there so I don't hunt for them. I've known to sit in Ballet Bay for almost a week.   

We used to anchor right in the back of the cove and stern tie to the dead tree. Great storm hole, but you lose the views.

Z8hmC7Q.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ishmael said:

We used to anchor right in the back of the cove and stern tie to the dead tree. Great storm hole, but you lose the views.

Z8hmC7Q.jpg

Nothing wrong with that view!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

We used to anchor right in the back of the cove and stern tie to the dead tree. Great storm hole, but you lose the views.

Z8hmC7Q.jpg

I know that spot too. One boat cove unless you are invited to raft up. Otherwise - bugger off! 

I do the same thing up in Pendrell. The water is pretty deep and set up to put the stern lines almost in the trees. Warm water there so dive in and swim to the shore or a tree of your liking. Then double back to the stern and your done! Seen people try to anchor in the deep water but good luck. Several afternoons with people dragging there anchors to hit bottom with no success and give up but I could watch that all day! Too funny.

One of my magic places in Pendrell:

 

IMGP0665.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 10:43 PM, Anomaly2 said:

IMG-0187.JPG

Woof, how'd I miss this beautay? I've always said to myself that if I ever had limitless funds, I'd have the lines of Araminta expanded and adapted to make a beautiful cruiser. Looks like someone beat me to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

sweette!  lookes allotte licke youre avatare!

Gudde i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mission bay, basically woodys backyard. No wonder he says DAGO SUCKS!

 

20190129_172547.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, bmiller said:

Mission bay, basically woodys backyard. No wonder he says DAGO SUCKS!

 

20190129_172547.jpg

Obviously SUCKING

a Pic from up the hill of Fiesta Island in yesterdays Storm

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, cloud, twilight, outdoor and nature

Great even MORE people coming here

Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature

DAGO SUCKS !!!!

Image may contain: people standing, sky, mountain, outdoor and nature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Smog in LA late 60's created some interesting colors

Ya, well we get forest fires in Aug/Sept too. Seems to happen more and more these years. Some great effects for shooting: 

 

105 (1024x681).jpg

106 (1024x669).jpg

104 (1024x683).jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Cold enough today for grease ice to form.

 

 

IMG_0864.JPG

who would go to grease this time of year ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In between fronts last night.

51130339_1586266644838962_1078828564222050304_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunset from our apartment in Meribel in the Trois Vallees, France, our last day today after 2 weeks of epic skiing, had over a metre of fresh white stuff while we were here, a big change from Grenada which is where I was a few weeks ago!

E47E958D-FA32-4614-A33D-EDFCA61E0B64.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gettin Nippy these daz

ya we got so much Rain, gutta mow the Dirt !!

Image may contain: tree, sky and outdoor

view of bmiller's Fav Island

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not "exactly" a sunset shot but a moonrise on Sunday evening. At the club sucking up a little Merlot too. It certainly didn't suck! 

_IGP5477 (685x1024).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my home, sunrise is better, shot this morning, welcome spring! 

Barrier island on the horizon, then the Atlantic.

Sunrise 3-20

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheredat, Captnjoe? Guessing North Jersey, maybe Mantoloking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAGO SPRING Day 1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Willin' said:

Wheredat, Captnjoe? Guessing North Jersey, maybe Mantoloking?

Close, the sun is coming up over Seaside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admiralty inlet looking towords Port Townsend a few weeks ago.

IMG_3641.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poipu Beach, Kauai

20190413_184504.thumb.jpg.2a06af6cbab5215f0d940ec13a10e304.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites