Sign in to follow this  
kmcfast

eX 24 Class are repurposed J 24’s

eX 24 is a lightly modified J 24 raced and sailed by 3. Our intention is not to compete with strong J 24 fleets but to Repurpose the popular one design in a simplified configuration. Restoring dead fleets full of non optimized boats.
No Genoa...Std. J 24 main Jib and spinnaker. Keep the lifelines, winches and pulpits if you wish.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ex 24 class association

E8F37988-D987-4B82-B504-B447FEFEBD4A.jpeg

Why not just have your local fleet sail the J24s in the Pan-Am configuration?  That is what they do in Argentina.  

Seems a lot easier.

That is a good option for some fleets to start. But a lighter boat with more rake is faster and more fun. The offshore height stanchions and winches make it uncomfortable to sail. Take the primary’s off and its amazingly comfortable. Check out the I C 24, the eX 24 is a cheaper I C 24.

That is a good option for some fleets to start. But a lighter boat with more rake is faster and more fun. The offshore height stanchions and winches make it uncomfortable to sail. Take the primary’s off and its amazingly comfortable. Check out the I C 24, the eX 24 is a cheaper I C 24.

Thx for your uninformed opinion, CA J  24 fleets are dead. Good boats can be had for under $4000 with trailers. 

This pic is 3 3/4” longer forestay. a I C 24 has 2 9/16 longer forestay. The gray mast behind is a Olsen 30 with no rake.

91A3B24B-EDF4-49D5-9E29-17E2A279C179.jpeg

3 3/4” longer forestay is our new max length. Your results may vary...Some assembly required.

Another eX 24 fleet member for Stockton Sailing Club!

Possibly a class for the 2019 Delta Ditch Run.

7D776064-DF29-45C2-9B32-88A9C21E9557.jpeg