Sign in to follow this  
albanyguy

Madonna is 60 today

Yep that's right. This young lady from Michigan who burst on to the pop scene with her debut single Everybody in 1982 but it was her 3rd single "Holiday" that got my and many others attention in 1983 as a pimply 14 year old followed by many other hits. Many of us here would've fantasised about being with Madonna so this thread is dedicated to the "Material Girl"

No doubt that a few billion sperm have been wasted on account of those thighs and the overall tease thingie.  Nowadays, I'd want proof she's had her shots and swabs first.

I never got the Madonna attraction and I've got pretty broad tastes (rimshot). Just never lit my fire, I guess.

• Like 1

My mother had an interesting comment when she first saw Madonna;

"She looks like she wears dirty underwear".

I knew exactly what she meant.

4 hours ago, albanyguy said:

Yep that's right. This young lady from Michigan who burst on to the pop scene with her debut single Everybody in 1982 but it was her 3rd single "Holiday" that got my and many others attention in 1983 as a pimply 14 year old followed by many other hits. Many of us here would've fantasised about being with Madonna so this thread is dedicated to the "Material Girl"

Madonna was just a rip off of Cyndi Lauper,   but she had greater ambition and was able to spot and exploit trends before most entertainers.. 

i never liked women who need to shave their forehead to have two eyebrows. No offence intended just not my thing. Now if you don't shave and bush it up a bit you kinds look like a Klingon and I am all over that. 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

My mother had an interesting comment when she first saw Madonna;

"She looks like she wears dirty underwear".

I knew exactly what she meant.

I was once in an elevator with her back in the 1990s, she did some production in a building where I worked. In order to demonstrate my disdain for her music, I told my friends later that she smelled bad.

But it was a lie, she smelled lovely, as lovely women tend to smell. I know that I'm a nobody, but I sometimes worried that my lie somehow made it back to her and hurt her. That was a mean thing for me to say about her, just because I didn't like her music, didn't mean that she deserved that.

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I was once in an elevator with her back in the 1990s, she did some production in a building where I worked. In order to demonstrate my disdain for her music, I told my friends later that she smelled bad.

But it was a lie, she smelled lovely, as lovely women tend to smell. I know that I'm a nobody, but I sometimes worried that my lie somehow made it back to her and hurt her. That was a mean thing for me to say about her, just because I didn't like her music, didn't mean that she deserved that.

I wonder if she has apologized for what she said about you...  ;)

• Like 3

While she doesn't have the greatest pop/rock music voice ever, she did master the art of pop entertainment and has had a great career. 

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Madonna was just a rip off of Cyndi Lauper,   but she had greater ambition and was able to spot and exploit trends before most entertainers.. 

Well they both put out debut albums at virtually the same time. And each had a hit that sounded similar style. Other then that Madonna went in a completely different direction. 

I find it hard to believe she is only 16 years younger then Aretha. 

You can’t convince me that from about 1985 to about 2000 she was not attractive. You might not like her music or even her style. But she was a good looking woman. 

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

You can’t convince me that from about 1985 to about 2000 she was not attractive. You might not like her music or even her style. But she was a good looking woman. 

She was sexy, in a kind of slutty way, but not beautiful, or even "pretty".

I met her in NYC one afternoon. 1985 (+-) She was about as attractive as a week old bagel with whitefish schmear....

Her session guitar player was outstanding though.

She had the curves if you just knew where to look. Started to look like a biology lab dissection frog later though.

Image result for madonna body photos

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinabald said:

I disagree - my mother was right. ;) I never found anything attractive about her - she always had a grubby quality to my eye.

What do I know though - she's the one worth hundred$ of million$

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I disagree - my mother was right. ;) I never found anything attractive about her - she always had a grubby quality to my eye.

What do I know though - she's the one worth hundred$ of million$

Well I wouldn’t want to come in between a man and who his mommy approves of. 

• Like 3

Now thats funny!

Wow...tough crowd...you lot are obviously a bit older than me and therefore not so star struck at the time.  Yeah she went a bit off the rails in the late 90's and onwards and lost her 80's bodyshape but she was quite influential for many years.

• Like 1

Things to respect: tremendously strong work ethic, ambitious beyond what many of us can comprehend, learned/perfected the fine art of creating a controversy to gain free publicity and sell her product. (I forget the count, but her first n albums had some form of controversy to help promote them), tried more art forms than most (let's not forget the foray into childrens books that probably scared us all), did more with less talent than almost anyone.  You don't hear anyone saying she was a phenomenal singer, dancer, lyricist, actor, yoga-freak, etc, etc. yet she did very well and cultivated a strong following.  (she "befriended" the gay community way before it was cool),  Stayed relevant more than most of her 80's peers.  continually evolved - you might want to believe it was artistic, but I think it was shrewd business decision making. The kind that few of us make due to difficulty, fear, and a host of other reasons.

Like most NY'ers, I've bumped into her a few times over the last 25 years.  Once, physically.  She was always polite (even though I'm nobody) and in most cases, she didn't stand out more than any other relatively well dressed/groomed women in NYC.

As for liking her music, art, acting (arguably her role in "A League of Their Own" wasn't acting for her, but I digress), that's up to the individual.  While I don't listen, watch, read, etc. her stuff, I have a ton of respect for the balls it took for her to make it initially and for her continue working in a brutal industry for that long.  Many people with greater talent didn't get nearly as far or last as long and many people with similar levels of talent never left their parent's basement.

• Like 3

Many men are challenged by Madonna's sexuality. Consider that when throwing shade on one of the world's greatest talents...and a fine bit of trim, too.

1 hour ago, daddle said:

Many men are challenged by Madonna's sexuality. Consider that when throwing shade on one of the world's greatest talents...and a fine bit of trim, too.

Yeah, that must be it.

1 hour ago, daddle said:

I know it's shocking but have you considered the possibility that even those who have no problem with her sexuality may not find her particularly attractive or talented?.  

11 minutes ago, IStream said:

I know it's shocking but have you considered the possibility that even those who have no problem with her sexuality may not find her particularly attractive or talented?.  

No, that does not seem possible. But thanks for checking in. I'll add you to the "Challenged" list here. B)

I could be a little challenged by her sexuality because I've seen the threatening size of what some women like Madonna carry in their sleepover bag.

• Like 1

Is that like the Group W bench?

Yes, I'm not 100% comfortable with "father rapers", but Madonna might be. I liked the Truth or Dare Coke bottle swallow...

When your country needs you, it can overlook some light father raping.

She was never cute, and not really beautiful, but HAWT in that slutty "I wonder if I could endure three hours of that".

Then she hooked up with Vanilla Ice.

I have some standards when it comes to chicks I'll bang.  Vanilla Ice's sloppy seconds is a line I just won't cross.

834d2533cab27978a69c138ac41d34c2.jpg

Yeah, that's the Ice Ice Baby's toe.  Yeeeeeesh fuck no.

8 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

She had the curves if you just knew where to look. Started to look like a biology lab dissection frog later though.

Did you prefer her earlier, more ‘natural’ look?

F423E521-648B-4E31-9A4B-5CB14BD10830.jpeg

I

26ECEE16-785D-48E6-927A-4F05A75A5054.jpeg

8197871D-1520-4AD4-835E-3E7F349499D1.jpeg

8 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

One of her husbands said (later) that it was like sleeping with a piece of gristle.

• Like 1

I'm sure the roast beef meat curtains where well used. 

spent high school life in the mid-late 80's   loved her music and her look when she was doing the whole blonde bombshell   nothing past the 90's music wise did much for me.

I was more of a Bangles,  and Gogo's  fan though

16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

One of her husbands said (later) that it was like sleeping with a piece of gristle.

There’s some 1st world privilege  there. Your wife was self made millionaire and you’re complaining that she was too fit. 

The level of misogyny in here is always a revelation. Keep up the good work guys. Madonna has one but you are one. 

Being critical of a woman is not misogyny - to everyone but the terminally politically correct

• Like 1

I just had a remembering - Madonna was extremely hot as the black widow S&M queen in Body of Evidence.

Had a great float home on the Columbia too.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:36 PM, Mrleft8 said:

She was sexy, in a kind of slutty way, but not beautiful, or even "pretty".

I met her in NYC one afternoon. 1985 (+-) She was about as attractive as a week old bagel with whitefish schmear....

Her session guitar player was outstanding though.

86957378-AFE1-4BC2-ABE9-F03A02B9B6C7.jpeg.2efc4c6ab2170f1b7d17054d74c4f3a2.jpegp

Old ain't what it once was, that's for sure.

Shame that people don't know when enough is enough.  Like any sportsman who makes a comeback.  Sad.

Madonna is in this category.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:09 AM, LB 15 said:

Did you prefer her earlier, more ‘natural’ look?

F423E521-648B-4E31-9A4B-5CB14BD10830.jpeg

Whoa!

Ethel, fire up the Toro. Got me some brush hoggin ta do.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:22 AM, LB 15 said:

I

Whew!  Had to change the blades a few times but that's more like it!

Always thought her best acting was done in the BMW commercial during her faux English accent years.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 1:22 AM, LB 15 said:

I

Not a fan of her music, but if you wouldn’t hit that like the fist of an angry god you need to turn in your man card immediately (or woman card if you’re so inclined).

5 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Always thought her best acting was done in the BMW commercial during her faux English accent years.

Friggin hilarious! Don't think I ever saw that before...